未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

凯莉·米洛读信:我的缪斯女神不是一匹马

“My muse is not a horse” Kylie Minogue reads Nick Cave letter to MTV

1996年10月21日
21st October, 1996
致MTV的各位
To all those at MTV,
首先我想感谢你们
I would like to start by thanking you all
近些年来给予我的支持
for the support you have given me over recent years.
得到最佳男艺人的提名
And I’m both grateful and flattered
我十分高兴和感激
by the nominations that I have received for Best Male Artist.
凯莉·米洛和P.J 哈维的二重奏合唱
The airplay given to both the Kylie Minogue and P.J. Harvey duets
出自于我的新唱片《谋杀歌谣》
from my latest album Murder Ballads
现在它备受瞩目
has not gone unnoticed
好评如潮
and has been greatly appreciated.
所以再一次 真诚地感谢
So again, my sincere thanks.
话虽如此
Having said that,
我认为我有必要
I feel that it is necessary for me to request
请求撤回我最佳男艺人的提名
that my nomination for Best Male Artist be withdrawn.
而且以后关于此类奖项的任何奖品或提名
And furthermore any awards or nominations for such awards that may arise in later years
应该给予那些
be presented to those who feel more comfortable
习惯于颁奖仪式的竞争性的创作者
with the competitive nature of these award ceremonies.
而我不是这样的人
I myself, do not.
我一直认为
I have always been of the opinion
我的音乐是独一无二的
that my music is unique and individual
它的存在高于那些
and exists beyond the realms inhabited by those
仅仅将事物简化的测量数据
who would reduce things to mere measuring.
我不与任何人竞争
I am in competition with no-one.
我与我的灵感关系一直很美妙
My relationship with my muse is a delicate one at the best of times.
而且我认为那是我的责任
And I feel that it is my duty
保护她的精巧
to protect her from influences
免受世俗的侵扰
that may offend her fragile nature.
她赋予我音乐上的天赋
She comes to me with the gift of song
而我报以她应得的尊敬
and in return I treat her with the respect I feel she deserves.
如此
In this case,
也意味着不会让她遭受评判和竞争的侮辱
this means not subjecting her to the indignities of judgement and competition.
我的缪斯女神不是一匹马
My muse is not a horse
我也不是在赛马
and I am in no horse race.
哪怕她是一匹马
And if indeed she was,
我也不会把她系在这死囚车上
still I would not harness her to this tumbrel,
这血腥的囚车上载着血淋淋的头颅和闪耀的奖杯
this bloody cart of severed heads and glittering prizes.
我的缪斯女神或许会受惊
My muse may spook,
或许会冲出去
may bolt,
或许会彻底地抛弃我
may abandon me completely.
所以再一次 致MTV的全体成员
So once again, to the people at MTV,
感谢你们为我上一张唱片背后付出的热情和精力
I appreciate the zeal and energy that was put behind my last record,
我真心实意感谢你们
I truly do and say thank you,
再一次感谢
and again I say thank you.
但是(提名)不 …不用了
But no… …no thank you.
尼克.凯夫敬上
Your sincerely, Nick Cave.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

1996年,澳大利亚大师级摇滚歌手Nike Cave(尼克·凯夫)因专辑《谋杀民谣》获得MTV音乐大奖“最佳男艺术家”提名,但尼克不愿意用世俗排名竞争去衡量自己灵感缪斯女神,写了封超棒的婉拒信,告诉MTV希望取消提名。澳洲歌手Kylie Minogue在Letters Live上读了这封信

听录译者

未央lin

翻译译者

夏夜的浅

审核员

审核员 RN

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-2SElzoZeI

相关推荐