未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

我的生活正在发生着改变(这个频道也是)

my life is changing (and so is this channel)

As you may already know I have recently stepped away from my job at my school
你们可能已经知道 为了追求新的生活
in order to pursue new horizons.
最近离开了我在学校的工作
I hope to become an art teacher, but right now things are in the planning stage.
我想成为一名美术老师 但现在事情还在计划阶段
I also found a new space for my work station, which is very exciting.
我还找了个新地方来做我的工作室 这很鼓舞人心
I have been wanting to do this since one of my first customers contacted me to let me know
自从我的第一个客户联系到我 说寄给他们的包裹里
there are 3 black dog hairs in their package.
有三根黑色的狗毛后 我就一直想这么做了
I was mortified, and realized I needed a proper work space.
我感到很羞愧 并且意识到我需要一个合适的工作室
Adjusting to a new life routine without my school feels strange, and scary at times.
适应没有学校的新生活感觉很奇怪 有时还很可怕
I don’t know what the future holds, but I am taking guidance from all my mentors.
我不知道未来会怎样 但是我所有的导师都给了我一些指导
Not the least of which, is the wild flowers.
其中最重要的是野花
Before I continue, I need to tell you about a plant.
在我继续之前 我要给你介绍一种植物
It is known as the balsam root, and it has given me incredible life advice this Spring.
它被称为香根 今年春天它给了我很棒的人生建议
It is a flower iconic to this part of Washington state and you can see it blanketing the hillsides
它是华盛顿州这一地区的标志性花卉
每年这个时候 你可以看到它覆盖了山坡
this time of year, easily recognizable by its butter yellow blooms and arrow shaped leaves.
很容易识别它的奶油黄色花朵和箭头形状的叶子
But what is so fascinating about this plant is that
但这种植物的迷人之处在于
what you see of it doesn’t tell the real story.
你所看到的并不是真实的
And I think that’s true for all of us.
我认为对我们所有人来说都是如此
The secret is underneath the soil.
神秘之处在土壤下面
there lies an incredible root system, which you can harvest for food or medicinal purposes.
那里有一个很棒的根系 你可以采集它来作为食物或药用
The main taproot can reach multiple feet into the ground to find a water source.
主根可以深入地下数英尺寻找水源
The wandering tendrils grab onto the soil, preventing erosion.
漫游的卷须附着在土壤上 防止水土流失
This survival mechanism is vital in environments similar to where I live,
这种生存机制在和我生活相似的环境中非常重要
which are dry and hot this time of year.
每年这个时候又干又热
If you are familiar with American history, you have heard about the distaster of the Dust bowl.
如果你熟悉美国历史 你一定听说过黑色风暴事件
One of many reasons that happen were farming practices
造成这种情况的原因之一是耕作方式
that removed native plants from their home soil.
即将本地植物从它们的土壤中移除
Without their deep root system, the earth became dust, subject to whims of the wind.
没有了它们深层的根系 大地就成了尘土 任由风吹来吹去
Here goes to show how important this plants are for a planet survival.
这说明了这种植物对地球的生存有多重要
No matter how beautiful the plant, without the roots, they don’t have longevity.
再美的植物 如果没有根 就不会长寿
Every tiny disturbance affects them negatively, and ultimately they cannot flourish and grow.
每个微小的干扰都会对它们产生不好的影响
最终使它们无法茁壮成长
The young blooms are surly beautiful and delicate,
幼苗是乖张美丽而脆弱的
but the older plants are incredible to behold.
但成熟的植物承受能力很强
They are strong and full, and can sustain droughts with little effort.
它们结实饱满 不费什么力气就能经受住干旱
I find them inspiring, don’t you?
我觉得很鼓舞人心 你呢
A great reminder that what is unseen is by far the most part of who we are.
这提醒我们到目前为止 看不见的部分才是我们自身最重要的地方
I have taken the lesson of the balsoam root
我从香根上吸取了教训
and challenged myself to further develop my root system
挑战自己 进一步发展我的根系统
in order to find stability during this very intimidating transition.
以便在这个非常可怕的过渡期稳定下来
My life has changed considerably this year.
这一年我的生活发生了巨大的改变
I’m realizing it will never be the same again.
我意识到我的生活不会再是一成不变
That is both exhilarating and a little scary.
这既令人兴奋又有点吓人
I think we all come to those crossroads at some points in our lives,
我想我们每个人都会在人生中的某些时刻处于十字路口上
but we can choose one of multiple diverging paths
但我们可以从多条分岔路口中选择一条
that will lead our lives in wildly different directions.
这些道路将把我们的生活引向截然不同的方向
I used to look at these options with apprehension,
我过去常常带着忧虑看待这些选择
fearing that I’d make the wrong choice and lead my life in a direction that I would later regret.
担心自己会做出错误的选择 把我的生活引向以后会后悔的方向
But I have come to believe that
但我逐渐相信
we can find fulfillment through a variety of different life paths.
我们可以通过各种不同的人生道路找到满足感
Maybe there are many equally interesting and rewarding journeys one can take.
也许还有许多同样有趣和有益的旅程
I stayed up last night wondering
昨晚我熬夜一直在想
if I had made the wrong choice to pursue new options of teaching and focus on my business
我是否做了错误的选择
去追求新的教学和专注于我的事业
Dispite being fearful, I have realized that in this case there isn’t necessarily wrong choice.
尽管害怕 但我意识到 在这种情况下 不一定有完全错误的选择
And I think in many cases in our lives when we’re present with the options,
我认为在我们生活中的很多情况下 当我们面对各种选择时
it is what you do with the choice that makes it worthwhile or not
你如何对待这个选择 决定了它是否值得
and what you’ve learned from it.
以及你从这个选择中学到了什么
I’m so glad I’m going through this transition in the spring time,
我很高兴我能在春天经历这种转变
it is such a beautiful season of renewal and healing.
春天是一个万物复苏且治愈的美丽季节
Last but definitely not least, I do have news that pertains to this channel.
最后但绝对重要的是 我确实有关于这个频道的资讯
My brother has recently returned from Australia after almost a year without seeing him
我的哥哥最近从澳大利亚回来了 我已经一年没有见到他了
which was very difficult for me.
这对我来说很煎熬
We were very very close growing up.
我们从小到大非常亲密
You will no doubts see him in the future video.
在以后的视频中你们肯定会看到他
He is very generously offer to help me with my videos,
他非常慷慨地提出要帮我录视频
which is fantastic because I’ve always wanted to learn how to use an actual camera.
这太棒了 因为我一直想学习如何使用真正的相机
I’ve noticed speculation in the comments who’s actually making these videos
我注意到在评论中有人猜测是谁制作了这些视频
and the answer is that it is me.
答案是我自己
Predominantly, I think there’s an handful of times where I have got in assistance.
主要是 有几次我得到了一些帮助
But very few.
但次数很少
I film using an iPhone.
我用iPhone和三脚架来录制视频
And I would really like to learn how to use a proper camera.
我非常想学习如何用合适的相机来录制
And so he finally is going to teach me
他终于要教我了
and how to make the videos until I’m able to do it on my own.
他会教我怎样录制视频直到我完全学会
It is so exciting and I’m just so grateful for him.
我太激动了 我真的很感谢他
And you will no doubt, hopefully,
毫无疑问 希望从下周开始
see huge improvement in the quality of this video starting next week.
你们会看到视频质量显著提高
I hope you have a wonderful week.
祝你们周末愉快
I have some loved who are very sick with the illness
我有几个心爱的人 他们深受疾病的困扰
We shall not name, and I am very worried about them,
我们就不指名道姓了
and I am very very worried about them,
我很担心他们
so I will appreciate all your thoughts or prays,
所以我很感激你们所有的问候和关心
and I hope you all stay safe and healthy.
希望你们所有人都健康快乐
Sending my love
在这里传达我的爱意 再见喽

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

我选择了另一条与之前的生活完全不同的道路,我的生活发生了巨大的变化

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

pixie

审核员

审核员AA

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWfcgeDth_w

相关推荐