ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

和“谎言”有关的表达 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

和“谎言”有关的表达

More LIES!!! - English vocabulary about Lying

More lies!
想知道更多关于“谎言”的表达吗!
See if you’ve learned how to say “You’re lying!”, “I don’t believe you”,
你已经会表达 你在说谎 或 我不相信你
and also how to try to convince someone that you’re telling the truth.
也知道怎么试着让别人相信你在说实话
But what do you call someone who lies all the time?
但你怎么称呼一个总是说谎的人呢?
These are some nouns that you can use.
这有一些你可以用的名词
If someone lies all the time you can call them A LIAR
如果一个人总是说谎 你可以称他们为A LIAR
Now remember that most British accents are non-rhotic,
记住 大多数的英式口音是不卷舌的
so that R won’t be super pronounced,
所以这里的 R 不会很明显
it will sound like Liar A Liar
它听起起来像/‘laɪə/ A /’laɪə/
In most American accents , however, it’s rhotic
在大多数美国口音里 这是卷舌的
So that R will be quite pronounced
所以R的发音会很明显
For example, Liar, liar, R
比如说 /ˈlaɪɚ/ /ˈlaɪɚ/ /ɚ/
That’s someone who lies in general
这是对说谎的人比较通俗的叫法
but let’s get more specific
让我们更明确一点
what about a person who lies in order to steal money
为了偷钱而说谎的人该怎么称呼呢
Think business people ,when someone lies for financial gain,
想一想那些为获取经济效益而说谎的人
you can say this. “Fraud”, “a fraud”,
你可以这样说 “Fraud” “a fraud”
you could also say “conman”, but that’s just for men.
你也可以说 “conman” 但只适用于男性
The gender-neutral version of this is a “con artist”, a con artist.
中性的表达是 “con artist” 一个骗子
Or another interesting thing you could call someone is this
还有一个很有趣的说法
A Snake Oil Salesman
“A Snake Oil Salesmen”
Or more commonly, you are just say that they are selling snake oil
或者 更通常的说法是 “They are selling snake oil.”
Now this is fun because it’s also a bit of history.
有趣的是 这种说法还和一些历史有关
Many years ago
在很多年前
People would travel across the country
有一些小贩走遍全国
selling this little things of snake oil
卖一个装着蛇油的小东西
they would sell it as a medicine to cure all disease
他们把它当作一种可以治愈一切疾病
and everything that is wrong with people
和所有的烦恼的药来卖
From headaches, colds, flu.
从头疼 感冒 流感
I shade you not even deafness.
我保证你不敢相信 它还能治耳聋
Of course it was bollocks.
当然 所谓的疗效都是胡说八道
It wasn’t real medicine, it didn’t work.
蛇油并不是真的药 根本没有药效可言
So even nowadays when someone tries to sell you an idea
直到现在也是 当有人想给你推销一些想法
or a product or specifically a medicine
或者一种产品 或者更确切地说是一种药物
that they claim will change your life, will cure everything
一种他们声称可以改变你的生活 摆平所有事的药物
but it sounds like bullshit
但听起来像是胡说
you will say they are selling snake oil.
你就可以说 “They are selling snake oil.”
A product which doesn’t work.
一个没有作用的产品
That’s for people who lie
称呼撒谎的人可以这样说
how about people who tells the truth
那说实话的人呢
When someone always tells the truth, or
当一个人总是说实话
most of the time, tells the truth
或是 大部分时候都在说实话
you can use these adjectives to talk about that person.
你可以使用这些形容词来描述这个人
You can say she or he is…
你可以说 “she or he is……”
because they are adjectives
得加上形容词
She is honest, trustworthy, or reliable.
如 “She is honest / trustworthy / reliable.”
Be careful of the pronunciation with this one. The H is silent.
注意honest的发音 这里的H是不发音的
So honest. Not ho-nest. New Honest.
所以是 /ˈɒnɪst/ 不是 /’hɒ-nɪst/ 是 /ˈɒnɪst/
Be careful with the stress of the words, too.
同时也要注意这几个词的重音
Honest. Trustworthy. Reliable.
/ˈɒnɪst/ /ˈtrʌstwɜːði/ /rɪˈlaɪəbl/
Now you’ve learned how to say “You’re lying!” by saying “That’s bollocks!”
现在你已经学会如何用“That’s bullocks ”来表达“You’re lying”
But how can you say the type of lie that person is telling?
但是你会表达人们说的谎言的种类吗?
Not all lies are the same.
不是所有的谎言都是相同的
When someone is talking about the size or the amount of something,
当有人谈论到某物的尺寸或是数量时
and they want to say “It’s this much”.
他们会说 它有这么大
when in realities, it’s only this much
实际上 它却只有这么点
The verb is: To Exaggerate.
这个动词就是 To Exaggerate
So when your friend is talking about the size of his his fish, that he caught,
所以当你的朋友炫耀他抓的鱼的尺寸时
and he’s saying “Yeah it’s this big!”
他说道 这条鱼有这么大呢
You know in reality it’s only this big,
实际上 你知道只有这么点大
so you can say,
那么你就可以这样说
Emm, I think you’re exaggerating.”
“Emm, I think you’re exaggerating.”
This next type of lie has to do with attraction and love.
下一种类型的谎言与吸引和爱慕有关
This next lie is about making someone believe that
这种谎言是为了让别人误认为
you are attracted to them or maybe in love with them
你被他们吸引了 或者是你喜欢上他们了
But that’s a lie,
但这是个谎言
maybe in order to get something from that person
可能是只是为了从那人身上得到些什么
The verb for this type of lie is: lead on
这种谎言对应的动词是 lead on
To lead someone on.
“To lead someone on.”
So she could say in a past tense
所以她可以用过去式来表达
“Oh my god.. he said that he loved me.
我的天啊 他说他爱过我
But that was a lie
但那是个谎言
“He, he lead me on”
“He, he lead me on.”
Just don’t lead people on, it’s not nice.
这是很不道德的 不要去哄骗别人
But are all lies bad?
但所有的谎言都是坏的吗?
I would have to say no
我得说 不是的
especially in this case
尤其是这种情况
For example: If you’ve had a long day at work and no sleep,
比如说 你一整天都在工作也没有睡觉
and you come home like “ah! I look like a zombie I’m so tired!”
然后你回到家说 ”Ah! I look like a zombie. I’m so tired!”
And she wants to make you feel good!
她想让你感觉好一点
She’s not gonna say “Yeah you look awful!”
她不会说”是的 你看起来糟糕极了”
No, she’s not going to hurt your feelings, cuz she is a good friend
不 她不会去伤害你的感情 因为她是个贴心的朋友
and she will say “No, you don’t look tired at all!”
她可能会说“不 你看起来精神着呢”
This type of lie is harmless,
这种谎言是没有恶意的
it’s in order to not hurt the person’s feelings.
它是为了不伤害别人的感受
The name of this lie is A White Lie or A little White lie
这种谎言被称为“A White Lie”或者“A Little White Lie”
Now be careful, this is not used as a verb.
注意了 它不能当作动词用
You won’t say, for example, “I white lied”.
你不能这样说 例如“I white lied.”
You don’t say it like a verb, this is only a noun.
你不能把它当动词用 这只是一个名词
To say it like a verb, you need to say
作为动词用 你得这样说:
He said he looked tired, so I told a white lie, I said he looked great!
他说他看起来很疲倦 “so I told a white lie” 我说他看起来棒极了
I don’t think this situation would happen but let’s imagine
我认为这种情况不会发生 但是让我们想象一下
Maybe someone wants to rob you and they’re saying
也许有人想打劫你 他们说
“Give me your money, or I’ll shoot this very cute dog!”
“把钱给我 不然我就对这只很可爱的狗开枪”
When someone makes a threat that you don’t believe is actually going to happen,
当某人威胁你 你却不相信它会实实在在发生时
or when someone claims to have power that you don’t think they actually have,
或者当某人声称 他们有你不相信他们拥有的能力
this type of lie is called A Bluff
这种谎言称为 “A Bluff”
“Bluff” is a verb and a noun.
“Bluff” 是动词也是名词
And for example he’s saying: “You’re bluffing,
比如 他说 “You’re bluffing.”
I don’t believe you will do what you say you will do in that threat”.
我相信你不会像你威胁的那样做
Of course he’s not going to kill the dog,
他当然不会杀死那只狗
look at this little face!
看看这小脸啊!
This is the same type of lie as in poker.
这就和扑克游戏里的谎言是一个道理
When you want to pretend like you have really high cards
当你想装作你有一手好牌
but really have nothing!
但其实啥都没有
It’s “a bluff”, or “you’re bluffing”.
这就是 “a bluff” 或者 “You’re bluffing.”
If you haven’t already, make sure you see the previous video!
如果你还没明白 去看前一个视频
Where I show you how to say “I think you’re lying!” “You’re definitely lying!”
我已经讲过如何表达“我觉得你在说谎”
Or how to try to convince someone that you’re being honest,
还有怎么让人相信你是诚实的
that you’re telling the truth.
你在说实话
You can also help me make these videos
你也可以到Patreon网站
by buying me a coffee support me on Patreon here
花一点钱来赞助我制作这些视频
or if you want to see more, Clicke Here
或者 如果你想学习更多内容 点击这里

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

与“谎言”相关的表达,有哪些呢?什么时候该用什么也是大有讲究,一起来看看吧

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Rachel

审核员

审核员BY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIg72GTAVuI

相关推荐