ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

瞬间的灵感 | 扎克伯格2017哈佛毕业演讲节选 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

瞬间的灵感 | 扎克伯格2017哈佛毕业演讲节选

Moments of Inspiration with Mark Zuckerberg | Harvard Commencement Speech 2017

今天 我想谈谈目标
Today, I wanna talk about purpose.
但是我并不想在这做程式化的毕业演讲
But I’m not here to give you the standard commencement
去告诉你们如何寻找目标
about finding your purpose.
我们是千禧一代 我们总会本能地去发现它们
We’re millennials. We try to do that instinctively.
相反地 我在这里对你们说光去寻找目标是远远不够的
Instead, I’m here to tell you that finding your purpose isn’t enough.
我们这代人所要面对的挑战
The challenge for our generation is to create a world,
是创造一个人人都能有使命感的世界
where everyone has a sense of purpose.
我最喜欢的故事之一
One of my favourite stories
就是肯尼迪访问美国宇航局航天中心时
is when JFK went to go visit the NASA Space Center,
他看到一位拿着扫帚的看门人
and he saw a janitor holding a broom
他就问这人在做什么 看门人答道
and he asked what he was doing and the janitor replied,
“总统先生 我正在帮助一个人登上月球”
“Mr. President, I’m helping put a man on the moon.”
目标就是这样一种感觉
Purpose is that feeling
让你感觉到 自己也是更宏大的事业的一部分
that you are a part of something bigger than yourself,
让你感觉到 自己会被需要
that you are needed,
让你感觉到 会有自己更需要为之努力的东西
and that you have something better ahead to work for.
目标能创造出真正的快乐
Purpose is what creates true happiness.
而你们正在这尤其重要的时刻迎来了毕业
And you’re graduating at a time when this is especially important.
当我们的父母毕业时 那种使命感大多来自
When our parents graduated, that sense of purpose reliably came from
工作 教会 或者社群
your job, your church, your community.
但如今 技术与自动化正在导致工作岗位的减少
But today technology and automation are eliminating many jobs.
许多社群的成员人数也有所下降
Membership and a lot of communities has been declining.
很多人感到沮丧 感到自己被隔离开来
And a lot of people are feeling disconnected and depressed
同时也在努力填补生活的空白
and are trying to fill a void in their lives.
在我周游各地时 我也曾和那些被拘留的
As I’ve travelled around, I’ve sat with children
阿片类药物成瘾的孩子们坐在一起 他们告诉我
in juvenile detention and opioid addicts who told me that
如果曾经的自己有事可做参加课后活动或有地方可去
maybe their lives would have turn out differently if they just had something to do
或许人生就会变得完全不同
and after school program or somewhere to go.
我也曾经见过许多工厂里的工人他们知道自己无法再去从事曾经的工作
I’ve met factory workers who know their old jobs aren’t coming back
所以试图去寻找之后的人生道路
and are just trying to find their path ahead.
为使我们的社会不断进步
For our society to keep moving forward,
我们这代人身负挑战
we have a generational challenge,
即不仅要创造新的工作
to not only create new jobs,
还要创造出新的使命感
but create a renewed sense of purpose.
我还记得我在柯克兰楼的那间小宿舍中
I remember that night I launched Facebook from
发布Facebook的那个夜晚
that little dorm in Kirkland House.
我和朋友KX去了Noch’s
I went to Noch’s with my friend KX.
我记得自己告诉他
And I remember telling him clearly that
我很高兴能把哈佛的社群连接起来
I was exicited to help connect the Harvard community
但是总有一天 有人能把全世界都连接在一起
but one day someone would connect the whole world.
但是事实是 我从未想过那会是我们自己
The thing is, it never even occured to me that someone might be us.
我们当时还不过是大学生
We were just college kids.
对此也一无所知
We didn’t know anything about that.
所有那些大型的科技公司都有资源
There are all these great big technology companies all these resources.
我就以为总会有其中一家会去做
I just assumed one of them would do it.
但我们对这种想法却如此确信
But this idea was so clear to us
即所有人都有和他人建立联系的需求
that all people want to connect.
所以我们就日复一日地朝着这个方向努力
So we just kept working on it day after day after day.
我知道你们中的很多人也会有类似的故事
And I know that a lot of you’ll have your own stories just like this.
有着一个改变世界的想法 但它如此清晰
A change in the world that seems so clear
以致你深信会有其他人要去实现它
that you are sure someone else is going to do it.
但他们并没有 而你会
But they’re not. You will.
但光有目标还是远远不够的
But it’s not enough to have that purpose yourself.
你必须得有心系他人的目标
You also have to create a sense of purpose for others.
我历尽艰难才意识到这一点
And I found that out the hard way.
要知道 我从未想过要去建立一家公司
You see, my hope was never to build a company.
我想要的是影响力
I wanted to have an impact.
越来越多的人开始加入我们
And as all these people started joining us.
我就以为他们也想要同样的东西
I just assumed that that’s what they wanted to do too.
所以我从来没有花过时间
So I never took the time
去解释我到底希望要去建立什么
to explain what it was that I hoped we’d built.
几年来 一些大公司一直想收购我们
A couple years in some big compaines wanted to buy us.
但我并不想卖掉
I didn’t want to sell.
我还想看看我们能否将更多的人连接起来
I wanted to see if we could connect more people.
那时我们还在开发News Feed的原型
We were building the first version of News Feed at the time
我想 如果我们能发布它
and I thought if we could just launch this,
它就可能改变我们了解世界的方式
it could change how we all learnt about the world.
但几乎所有人都想让我把公司卖掉
Nearly everyone else wanted to sell.
没有更高远的使命感
Without a sense of higher purpose,
这样的结果对他们来说就是创业梦的实现
this was their startup dream come true.
这导致了公司的分崩离析
And it tore our company apart.
经过一场相当激烈的争执后
After one particularly tense argument,
其中一位和我关系很好的顾问跟我说如果我现在不卖掉公司
one of my closest advisor told me if I didn’t agree to sell the company right now,
我一辈子都会后悔这个决定
I would regret that decision for the rest of my life.
之后大家的关系变得格外紧张
Relationships were so afraid that
以至于一年之内 管理层里的所有人都选择了离开
within a year or so every single person on our management teams was gone.
那是我领导Facebook最艰难的一段时光
That was my hardest time leading Facebook.
我依然相信我们在做的东西 但我感觉特别孤独
I believed in what we were doing but I felt alone.
而更糟的是 当时我觉得这都是我的错
And worse, it was my fault.
我怀疑是不是就是自己错了
I wondered if I was just wrong,
自己就是个骗子 是个不过22岁的小孩
an imposter, a 22 year-old kid
完全不知道世界应该怎样运转
who had no idea how things actually worked.
多年之后的今天
Now years later,
我明白了 没有更高远的使命感 就会这样
I understand that is how things work when there’s no sense of higher purpose.
所以是否能创造出它都取决于我们
So it’s up to all of us to create it.
这样我们就都能继续前进
So we can all keep moving forward together.
而今天 我想谈谈三种方法
And today I wanna talk about three ways
来创造一个世界
that we can create a world
一个人人都有使命感的世界
where everyone has a sense of purpose
共同完成一些有意义的大型项目
by taking on big meaningful projects together,
通过重新定义平等 让每个人都有追求目标的自由
by redefining equality so everyone has the freedom to pursue their purpose,
以及在全世界建立社群
and by building the community all across the world.
那么首先 让我们来谈谈做有意义的项目
So first, let’s take on big meaningful projects.
我们这一代将不得不面对数千万的工作岗位
Our generation is going to have to deal with tens of millions of jobs,
被诸如自动驾驶汽车/卡车的自动设备所取代的情况
replaced by automation like self-driving cars and trucks.
但我们所拥有的潜力远不止于此
But we have the potential to do so much more than that.
每一代都有属于自己的伟业
Every generation has its defining works.
超过30万人 包括那名看门人曾齐心协力让人类登上了月球
More than 300,000 people worked to put a man on the moon including that janitor.
数百万的志愿者为世界各地的儿童接种了小儿麻痹症疫苗
Millions of volunteers immunized children around the world against polio.
还有数以百万计的人为胡佛水坝和其他伟大的项目贡献出自己的力量
And millions of more people built the Hoover dam another great projects.
而现在 该轮到我们这代人去做一些伟大的事了
And now it’s our generation’s turn to do great things.
我知道你们可能在想 我不知道怎么去建大坝
I know maybe you are thinking I don’t know how to build a dam.
我也不知道怎么让一百万的人共同参与到任何事情中来
I don’t know how to get a million people involved in anything.
但我想告诉你们一个秘密
Well, let me tell you a secret.
没人在刚开始时就知道要怎么做
No one does when they begin.
想法也不是一出现就能完全成型
Ideas don’t come out fully formed.
只有当你去不断实践 它们才会变得清晰起来
They only become clear as you work on them.
你需要去做的只是开始付诸实践
You just have to get started.
如果在开始之前 我就得清楚有关如何连接人的一切信息
If I had to know everything about connecting people before I got started,
那我就不可能创建Facebook了
I never would have built Facebook.
电影和流行文化把这一切都给搞错了
Movies and pop culture just get this all wrong.
所谓的“顿悟时刻”其实是个危险的谎言
The idea of a single eureka moment is a dangerous lie.
它让我们感觉自己能力不足
It makes us feel inadequate,
因为我们总感觉自己的时刻还没到来
because we feel we haven’t had ours yet.
它阻止了那些拥有着好想法的人
And it prevents people with seeds of good ideas
让他们从一开始就不愿尝试开始
from ever getting started in the first place.
对了 你知道电影对创新还有什么误解吗
Oh, you know what else movies get wrong about innovation?
没人会在玻璃上写数学公式的好吗
No one writes math formulas on glass, okay?
这种情况都是不存在的
All right. That’s not a thing okay?
其实 理想主义也是好事
It’s really good to be idealistic.
但得做好被误解的准备
But be prepared to be misunderstood.
那些为实现更高愿景的人都可能会被人称为疯子
Anyone working on a big vision is going to get called crazy,
即使最后可能是对的
even if you end up right.
那些钻研复杂问题的人
Anyone taking on a complex problem
都可能会因为不了解所有信息而被指责
is going to get blamed for not fully understanding it,
即使提前了解所有信息本就毫无可能
even though it’s impossible to know everything upfront.
那些抓住了主动权的人
Anyone taking initiative
都会因为走得太快而遭受批评
will always get criticized for moving too fast.
因为总会有人想把你拖慢
Because there is always someone who wants to slow you down.
在我们这个社会 我们并不常去做那些伟大的事情
In our society, we often don’t take on big things
因为我们太过害怕犯错
because we’re so afraid of making mistakes,
以致如果我们什么都不做那么就会忽视如今的所有错误
that we ignore all the things wrong today if we do nothing.
事实是 我们如今所做的一切
The reality is anything we do today
在将来总会引起某些问题
is going to have some issues in the future.
但这并不能阻止我们开始
But that can’t stop us from getting started.
所以我们还在等什么呢?
So what are we waiting for?
现在正该由我们这代人来定义伟大事业了
It is time for our generation defining great works.
在地球毁灭之前 阻止气候变化如何?
How about stopping climate change before we destory the planet
让数百万人投身其中
and getting millions of people involved
参与太阳能电池板的制作与安装如何?
manufacturing and installing solar panels?
治愈所有的疾病 并且通过
How about curing all diseases and getting people involved
要求志愿者们共享他们的健康数据
by asking volunteers to share their health data,
并进行跟踪 以及共享基因组数据使人们参与进来又如何?
track their health data and share their genomes?
在今天
You know today,
我们得花50倍以上的金钱
our society spends more than 50 times as much,
去治疗那些病人
treating people who are sick,
而不是寻找能使人们最开始就不会沾染疾病的治疗方法
as we invest in finding cures so people don’t get sick in the first place.
这根本不合理
It makes no sense.
我们能解决这些问题
We can fix this.
使民主现代化 来保证每个人都能在网上投票如何?
How about modernizing democracy so everyone can vote online?
使教育个性化 来使每个人都能因材施教又如何?
And how about personalizing education so everyone can learn?
这些成就其实都在我们力所能及的范围内
These achievements are all within our reach.
让我们通过使每个人都在社会中发挥应有的作用
Let’s do them all
去完成所有这些成就
in a way that gives everyone in our society a role.
让我们去做一些伟大的事
Let’s do big things,
不仅是创造进步
not just to create progress,
更是创造目标
but to create purpose.
所以共同完成一些有意义的大型项目
So taking on big meaningful projects together
就是我们为创造人人都有使命感的世界
is the first thing we can do
可以完成的第一件事
to creat a world where everyone has a sense of purpose.
而第二件事
The second is redefining
则是重新定义我们对平等的看法
our idea of equality.
以使每个人都有
So everyone has the freedom
追求自己目标的自由
to pursue their purpose.
如今我们的家长很多都在整个职业生涯中拥有着稳定的工作
Now many of our parents had stable jobs throughout their careers.
但对我们这代人来说 每个人都有企业家的影子
But in our generation, we’re all a little entrepreneurial
无论是正在开始自己的项目或是在其中寻找自己的角色
whether we’re starting our own projects or finding our role in another one.
这都很棒
And you know that’s great
因为企业家文化正是我们取得如此之多的进步的动力
because our cultural of entrepreneurship is how we create so much progress.
而当尝试新的想法变得容易时
And entreprenurial culture thrives
这种创业文化也会随之繁荣
when it is easy to try lots of new ideas.
Facebook并不是我做的第一个项目
Facebook wasn’t the first thing I built.
我也做过聊天系统 游戏
I also built chat systems and games,
做过学习工具 音乐播放器 而我也并非个例
study tools and music players and I’m not alone.
JK罗琳在最终写完并出版《哈利波特》之前
JK Rowling got rejected 12 times
也曾经被拒绝过12次
before she finally wrote and published Harry Potter.
甚至是碧昂丝
Even Beyonce
在完成《Halo》之前也不得不写了数百首歌曲
had to make hundreds of songs to get Halo.
最伟大的成功
The greatest successes
来自于拥有允许失败的自由
come from having the freedom to fail.
但现如今
Now today,
我们的财富不均的严重程度伤害到了每一个人
we have a level of wealth and equality that hurts everyone.
当你无能为力 没有自由
When you can’t, when you don’t have the freedom
能让自己的想法转变成历史性的企业时
to take your idea and turn it into a historic enterprise.
我们就都输了
We all lose.
而现在
And right now today,
我们的社会在通往成功的路上
our society is way over indexed on rewarding people
提供了太多的引导
when they’re successful.
但我们在确保每个人都有多次尝试机会上
And we don’t do nearly enough
所做的还远远不够
to make sure that everyone can take lots of different shots.
面对现实吧
Now let’s face it.
我们的社会体系还存在问题
There is something wrong with our system,
当我能离开这里 并在十年内赚得数十亿美元时
when I can leave here and make billions of dollars in ten years,
还有数百万名学生甚至还无力还清学贷
while millions of students can’t even afford to pay off their loans,
更不要说去创业了
let alone start a business.
说实话
Look,
我认识许多企业家
I know a lot of entrepreneurs,
而我不认识有任何人选择放弃创业
and I don’t know a single person who gave up on starting a business,
是因为担心之后可能挣不到足够多的钱
because they were worried they might not make enough money.
但我认识太多的人连追求梦想的机会都没有
But I know too many people who haven’t had the chance to pursue their dreams
因为他们一旦失败 便没有退路可走
because they didn’t have a cushion to fall back on if they failed.
我们都知道 想要获得成功
We all know you don’t get successful just by
仅有好想法或者工作时的努力是远远不够的
having a good idea or working hard.
你还得靠运气获得成功
You get successful by being lucky too.
如果我不得不努力挣钱养家
If I had to support my family growing up
而不是能有时间去学写代码
instead of having the time to learn how to code,
如果我不知道自己的未来还不会太糟
if I didn’t know that I was going to be fine,
即使是Facebook没能成功那我今天就不会站在这里了
if Facebook didn’t work out, then I wouldn’t be standing up here today.
老实地说
If we’re honest,
我们都知道自己有多么幸运
we all know how much luck we’ve had
能抵达我们人生中的这个地方
to get this point in our lives.
每一代人都在扩展他们对平等的定义
Every generation expands its definition of equality.
前几代人为争取投票权和公民权利而奋斗
Previous generations fought for the vote and civil rights.
他们最终得到了新政与大社会
They had the New Deal and Great Society.
而现在该是由我们这代人来定义新的社会契约了
And now it’s time for our generation to define a new social contract.
我们需要一个能够衡量进步的社会
We should have a society that measures progress,
这种衡量不该仅凭GDP这样的经济指标
not just by economic metrics like GDP,
更该包括我们之中能有多少人找到那些具有意义的社会角色
but by how many of us have a role we find meaningful.
我们应当探索类似普遍基本收入这样的观念
We should explore ideas like universal basic income to make sure that
以确保每个人都有机会去尝试新的想法
everyone has a cushion to try new ideas.
我们可能会频繁更换工作和自己的角色
We’re going to change jobs and roles many times,
所以我们需要负担得起的儿童保育
so we need affordable childcare to get to work
需要不和就职公司挂钩的医疗保健来使我们能安心上班
and healthcare that’s not tied to just one employer.
人人都会犯错
And we’re all going to make mistake,
所以我们需要一个社会
so we need a society that’s less focused on
不会每次在我们犯错时 只想着给予约束或是污蔑
locking us up or stigmatizing us when we do.
随着技术的不断发展
And as our technology keeps on evolving,
我们需要一个社会
we need a society that is more focused
更关注提供持续终身的教育
on providing continuous education through our lives.
是的
And yes,
赋予每个人追求目标的自由 并不该是免费的
giving everyone the freedom to pursue purpose isn’t going to be free.
像我这样的人应当为此付费
People like me should pay for it.
而你们之中 许多人也会做得很好当然你们也应该如此
And a lot of you are going to do really well and you should too.
这也是为什么当初普莉希拉和我启动了陈-扎克伯格倡议
That is why Priscilla and I started the Chan Zuckerberg initiative,
并承诺用我们的财富来促进机会平等
and committed our wealth to promoting equal opportunity.
这些就是我们这代人的价值所在
These are the values of our whole generation.
“我们该不该去做这件事”从来都不应是问题
It was never a question of if we were going to do this
唯一的问题是“什么时候去做”
The only question was when.
千禧一代已经成为历史上最慈善的一代人之一了
Millennials are all ready one of the most charitable generations in history.
仅仅一年之内
In just one year,
在美国就有超过四分之三的千禧一代会为慈善事业捐款
more than three in four U.S. millennials donated to charity,
还有超过十分之七的人会为慈善募捐
and more than seven in ten raise money for another one.
但这不仅仅限于金钱
But it’s not just about giving money.
你同样也可以贡献时间
You can also give time.
而我向你保证
And I promise you
你只要每周抽出一小时的时间
if you just take an hour to a week,
就能给到其他人一些帮助甚至帮助到他们发挥出自己的潜能
that’s all it takes to give someone a hand and help them reach their potenial.
现在你可能会想 这太花时间了
Now maybe you’re thinking that’s a lot of time.
我不确定自己有没有这么多时间
I’m not sure that I have much time.
我也曾经这么想过
I used to think that.
当初普莉希拉从哈佛毕业 她成为了一名老师
You know when Priscilla graduated from Harvard, she became a teacher.
而在她和我共同投身教育事业之前
And before she’d do education work with me,
她告诉我 我需要先自己体验下教一门课
she told me that I needed to get my own experience teaching a class.
最开始 我抱怨道
At first, I complained,
“我还在忙着经营这家公司呢”
“You know, I’m kind of busy running this company.”
但她还是坚持要我去教课
But she insisted.
所以我就去教课了
So I taught,
参加了当地的男童女童俱乐部的课后教学项目负责教授创业精神的课程
an after-school program at the local Boys and Girls Club on entreprenurship.
我教给那些孩子
I taught those kids lessons on
有关产品开发和市场营销的知识经验
product development and marketing
而他们也让我体会到 在成长道路上
and they taught me what it was like growing up,
因为自己的种族而备受关注
feeling targeted for your race.
以及
And
有家庭成员身陷牢狱时的感受
what it’s like having a family member in prison.
我和他们分享了自己的校园时光
I shared stories of my time in school.
而他们则分享了自己对有一天能走进大学的渴望
And they shared their hope that one day they would get to go to college too.
五年以来
For five years,
我每个月
I’ve had dinner,
都会和这些孩子们共进一次晚餐
with those students every month.
其中一个孩子甚至还为普莉希拉和我的第一个孩子准备了洗礼派对
One of them even threw Priscilla and me our first baby shower.
明年 这些孩子就要去上大学了
And next year, they’re going to college.
包括他们中的每一个人
Every one of them,
同时也是他们每个家庭中的第一名大学生
first generation and their families.
我们其实都能抽出时间 去帮助其他人
We can all make time to give someone a hand.
让我们通过这种方式 给予每个人追求目标的自由
Let’s give everyone the freedom to pursue purpose
不仅仅因为这样做是对的
not just because it’s the right thing to do,
更因为当更多人能把自己的梦想转变为更伟大的现实时
but because when more people can turn their dreams into something great,
我们每个人都能变得更好
we are all better for it.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

视频节选了毕业演讲的部分内容,阐述了扎克伯格对目标和使命感的看法

听录译者

喋喋

翻译译者

4CObst

审核员

W

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBEFuBkw8NA

相关推荐