ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

职场中的千禧一代 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

职场中的千禧一代

Millennials in the Workforce, A Generation of Weakness - Simon Sinek

课外学习
After Skool
千禧一代存在哪些问题呢
Uh, What’s the millennial question?
显然 千禧一代是指
Apparently, millennials is a generation
大约出生在1984年之后的
which is a group of people
那一代人
who were born approximately uh…1984 and after
他们很难管理
Um…uh, are tough to manage,
被人指责说 享有特权
and they are accused to be entitled,
并且自恋 自私 易分心 懒散
and narcissistic, self–interested, unfocused, lazy.
而享有特权是最突出的一点
But entitled is the big one.
因为他们频繁换工作 更换领导
And…uh, and because they can found leadership so much,
当领导们问千禧一代
What’s happening is leaders are asking the millennials
“你想要什么?”
“What do you want? “
千禧一代会说
And millennials are saying,
“我们想在有明确目标的公司工作”之类的
“We wanna work in a place with purpose” love that?
“我们想要有存在感”
Um, “we wanna make an impact”
你懂的 就是那个意思
you know, whatever that means.
“我们想要免费食物和懒人沙发”
Um…uh, we want free food and bean bags
[笑声]
[laughters]
所以有些人会明确表达自己的诉求
Uh and so somebody articulate some sort of purpose,
得到许多的免费食物和懒人沙发
there is lots of free food and there is bean bags.
但仍有一些因素导致千禧一代不开心
And yet for some reason, they are still not happy.
这是因为……
And that’s because, um…
我们对他们的评价还缺少了一块
there is a missing piece.
嗯 据我所知
Um, what I’ve learned is that there…
千禧一代不快乐的原因分为四点
I can break it down into four pieces
四个原因 四大特点
Right? There are four, four things, four characteristics.
第一是家庭教育 第二是科技
One is parenting, the other one is , uh, techology,
第三是缺乏耐心 第四是社会环境
third is impatience and fourth is environment.
我们称之为千禧一代的人
The generation, that we called millennials,
他们中大多数人都会在成长过程中……
too many of them grow up, um…
不是我说的啊
subject to, not my words,
被父母失败的教育方式所影响
failed parenting strageties, you konw,
举个例子 父母会告诉他们是特别的
where, for example, they were told that they were special,
父母总是告诉他们 你想要什么都能得到
all the time, they were told they can have anything they want in life.
只因他们想要 对吧
Just cause they want it. Right?
父母告诉他们 嗯……
They were told, um…
有些人进入荣誉班级
Uh, some of them got into, uh,
不因为他们优秀 而因为父母去诉苦
honors classes not because they deserve it but because their parents complained.
有些人拿到“优秀”不是因为自己努力
And some of them got A’s not because they earned them,
而是因为老师不想和他家长纠缠不休
but because the teachers didn’t wanna deal with the parents.
一些孩子只拿到参与奖
Some kids got participation medals.
你排名最后却获得一枚奖牌 对吧
You got a medal for coming in last, right?
我们清楚地知道这意味着什么
Which the signs we know is pretty clear
对用功学习的人来说 这贬低了奖牌的价值
which is a devalues the medal on the reward for those who actually work hard
也会让那些成绩最差的人尴尬
and that actually makes the person who comes in last feel embarrassed.
因为他们知道自己不配 这会让他们更羞愧
Because they know they didn’t deserve it, so that actually makes them feel worse, right?
所以对这个群体来说 这些人 他们毕业 找工作
So you take this group, the people, they graduate school, they get a job,
一头扎进现实世界
and they thrust into the, into the real world
紧接着就会发现自己是凡人一个
and then in an instant they find out they are not special.
妈妈没法帮自己升职
Their moms can’t get them a promotion,
业绩最末就一无所获
Um…that you get nothing for coming in last,
哦对了 你想得到不意味你就能得到
and by the way you can’t just have it cause you want it.
突然间对自我形象的认知就崩塌了
Right? And in an instant the entire self image just shuttered.
所以你将看到这一代人
And so you’ll have the entire generation
会比前几代人的自尊心弱
that’s growing up lower self esteem than previous generations.
这其中还掺杂着其它问题
The other problem to compound it
即这代人在脸书 Ins的世界中长大
is we are growing up in a Facebook, Instagram world,
换言之 我们习惯给事物加滤镜
in other words we are good at putting filters on things.
我们习惯向别人展示生活美好的一面
We are good at showing people that life is amazing
哪怕实际上我情绪很糟 对吗
even though I’m depressed, right?
所以每个人看似坚强
And so everybody sounds tough,
每个人看似活得没有问题
and everybody sounds like they’ve got it all figured out.
现实却是我们很脆弱
And the reality is there is very little toughness
大多数人并不能过的游刃有余
and most people don’t have it figured out.
当更资深的人问“我们该做什么?”
And so when the more senior people sue,”What should we do?”
他们的话听上去就像“你得去做这件事”
they sound like “this is what you got to do “,
但他们还不知道自己要做什么
and they have no clue, right?
[笑声]
[laughters]
所以这一代人和前几代人相比
So you have an entire generation
在自尊心更弱的环境下中成长
growing up at lower self esteem than previous generations, right?
他们没有错也错了
Through no fault they’re wrong,
没做错也做错了
through no fault they’re wrong, right?
他们处理不好事情 对吗
They’ve dealt a bad hand, right?
现在 咱们考虑一下科技的影响
Now, let’s add in techology,
我们都知道 当我们使用社交媒体时
we know that engagement with social media,
大脑会释放一种叫做多巴胺的物质
and our cellphones releases a chemical called dopamine,
这也是为什么你收到短信时会感到开心
that’s why when you get a text, feels good, right?
所以当我们情绪低落 感到孤独时
So we gonna, we’ve all had a while feeling a little bit down of feeling about lonely
会给十个朋友发十条信息
and so you send out 10 texts to ten friends,
在吗 在吗 在吗 在吗 在吗……
you konw, hi, hi, hi, hi, hi…
[笑声]
[laughters]
因为当你得到回复时 会觉得开心
cause it feels good when you get response, right? [laughters] right?
这也是为什么我们会数自己得到多少赞
It’s why we count the likes, it’s why we go back ten times
不停地看赞数是否有变化 是否增长的慢
to see if is it going, if my Instagrams are growing slower
会想 我做错什么了吗 他们不喜欢我了吗
or I would…Did I do something wrong? Do they not like me anymore? Right?
年轻孩子受到不友好对待时会伤心 对吧?
The trauma for young kids to be unfriended, right?
因为我们知道当你得到赞时
Because we know when you get it,
大脑会分泌一种让你感到愉快的多巴胺
you get hit of dopamine, which feels good,
这就是为什么我们喜欢社交媒体 并且离不开它
it’s why we like it, it’s why we keep going back to it.
多巴胺就是那种能让我们感觉愉快的物质
Dopamine is the exact same chemical, that makes us feel good
当我们抽烟 喝酒 赌博时会大脑中会产生
when we smoke, when we drink and when we gamble.
换句话说 多巴胺具有高度的成瘾性
In other words, it’s highly, highly addictive. Right?
抽烟 赌博和喝酒有年龄限制
We have age restrictions on smoking, gambling and uh…alcohol.
但使用社交媒体和手机没有年龄限制
And with no age restrictions on social media and cell phones,
这就相当于打开酒柜 向青少年说:
which is the equivalent of opening up the liquor cabinet and saying to our teenagers:
“嗨 别管青春期什么的 喝吧 ”
“Hey, by the way, this adolescence thing had get you done.”
[笑声]
[ Laughters ]
但是这就是会发生的事情
But that’s basically what’s happening.
随处可见 是吧
That’s basically what’s happening, right?
它已经发生了
That’s basically what happened.
当这代人步入青春期的高压生活时
Even the entire generation that has access to addictive, numbing,
会通过社交媒体和手机的使用刺激多巴胺分泌
tick chemical called dopamine through social media and cellphones,
他们会对其成瘾 变得麻木
as they go into the high stress of adolescence.
这件事为什么重要?
Why is this important?
因为几乎每一个酒鬼
Almost every alcoholic,
都有过在青少年时期酗酒的经历
discovered the alcohol when they were teenagers.
当我们幼年时 需要认可的唯一来源
When we’re very very young the only approval we need is
是自己父母的赞美
the approval of our parents.
但当我们进入青春期
And as we go through adolescence,
我们会发生转变
we made this transition what we now
转变到需要同龄人的认可
need the approval of our peers.
我们对父母不屑一顾
Very frustrating for our parents,
对我们来说 适应接触直系亲属以外的
very important for us to allow us to acculturate
更广阔群体的文化非常重要
outside of our immediate families into the broader tribe.
我们生命中这段时期压力很大 容易焦虑
Right? It’s a highly highly stressful and anxious period of our lifes
我们应该要学会去依赖朋友
and we’re supposed to learn to rely on our friends.
一些人意外地发现 酒精和多巴胺的麻痹作用
Some people quiet by accidentally discover alcohol and numbing affects of dopamine
能够帮助自己解决青春期的压力和焦虑
to help them cope with the stress and anxieties of adolescence.
不幸的是 这会让他们的大脑变得更加混乱
Unfortunately, that becomes hard-wired in their brains,
往后余生
and for the rest of their lives,
一旦遇到很大的压力
when they suffer significant stress,
他们就会借酒消愁 而非向他人求助
they will not turn to a person, they will turn to the bottle.
社交压力 经济压力 工作压力
Social stress, financial stress, career stress,
是人们酗酒最主要的原因
That’s pretty much the primary reasons why alcoholic drinks, right?
而之所以发生这样的事是因为
What’s happening is because we are, uh…
我们放任自己的大脑沉浸在
allowing unfettered access to
由使用社交媒体产生的多巴胺里
these dopamine producing devices and media.
社交媒体正变成我们的羁绊
Basically it’s becoming hard-wired
我们会发现随着这代人年龄的增长
and what we’ll see is as they grow older,
有太多的孩子
the too many kids,
不知道如何建立深度的人际关系
don’t know how to form deep meaningful relationships.
是他们自己这么说的
Their words not mine.
他们也承认自己许多的人际关系非常浅
They will admit that many of their friendships are superficial.
他们承认自己的朋友
They will admit that their friends
是靠不住的
that they don’t count on their firends,
他们也不靠朋友 他们只和朋友玩乐
they don’t rely on their friends, they have fun with their friends.
他们也知道当利益来临时 友谊的小船说翻就翻
But they also know that their friends will cancel out them if something better comes along.
他们之间并没有深度的人际关系
Deep meaningful relationships are not there.
因为他们从来没有练习过有关技能 更糟的是
Because they never practice the skill set. And worse,
面对压力 他们没有解决机制
they don’t have the coping mechanisms to deal with stress.
因此当他们的生命中出现重大压力时
So when significant stress starts to show up in their lives,
他们不会求助他人
they’re not turning to a person,
反而会把注意力转向手机
they’re turning to a device.
他们把注意力转向社交媒体
They’re turning to social media,
从这些东西中找寻暂时的安慰
They’re turning to these things which offer temporary relief.
我们知道科学家已经表示
We know the scientists are clear, we know,
相对于那些使用脸书不频繁的人来说
that people who spend more time in Facebook suffer a higher risk of depression
使用脸书频繁的人得抑郁症的风险会更大
than people spend less time in Facebook. Right?
关键在于平衡
These things balance.
酒精本身不坏 但酗酒有害
Alcohol is not bad, too much alcohol is bad.
小赌怡情 但赌鬼就危险了
Gambling is fun, too much gambling is dangerous, right?
社交媒体和手机本身没有错
There is nothing wrong with social media and cell phones,
错的是失衡 对吧
it’s the imbalance. Right?
如果你正在和朋友共进晚餐
If you’re sitting at dinner with your friends,
但你却和另一个不在场的人发短信
and you’re texting somebody who is not there.
这就是问题了 这就是手机上瘾
That’s a problem. That’s an addiction.
如果你正在开会
If you’re sitting at a meeting,
你本应该认真倾听别人的发言 与他们互动
with people you’re supposed to be listening to and speaking,
接着你把手机放在了桌上
and you put your phone on the table.
我不管你此时抬着头还是低着头
Face up or face down, I don’t care.
你都在向这个房间里的人下意识传达一种
That sents a subconscious message to the room that you’re not just,
你心不在焉的信息
you’re just not that important to be right now.
这就是真实的情况
Right? That’s what happens.
你不能把手机放下是因为
And the fact you can not put it away
你已经对它上瘾了
is because you are addicted.
如果你一觉醒来 没有向你的女朋友 男朋友
Right?If you wake up, and you check your phone
或者伴侣问安 就开始看手机
before you say good morning to your girlfriend, boyfriend or spouse,
那么你就是对手机上瘾了
you have an addiction.
就像所有瘾一样 假以时日 它会破坏你的人际关系
And like all addiction, in time it’ll destroy relationships,
浪费你的时间和金钱 并使你的生活一团糟
it’ll cost time and it’ll cost money and it’ll make your life worse. Right?
因此成长于自尊心弱环境中的这代人
So you have a generation growing up lower self esteem
自身就不具备解决压力的机制
that doesn’t have the coping mechanisms to deal with stress. Right?
而且现在还加上了个不耐烦
Now you add in the sense of impatience.
他们在一个能够获得即时满足的世界长大
Right? They grow up in a world with instant gratification.
如果你想买东西
You wanna buy something,
上亚马逊 货物第二天就能抵达
you go on Amazon and it arrives the next day
你想看电影 那就去看呗
You wanna watch a movie? well, go on watching a movie,
根本不用查电影时间
you don’t check movie times.
你想要看电视节目 那就看呗
You wanna watch a TV show? Binge,
根本不用等等等 对吧?
you don’t even have to wait, wait, wait, wait… Right?
我知道那些错过季节的人
I know people who skip seasons just so
他们在季末也能狂欢
they can binge at the end of the season, Right?
即时满足就是 你想要约会?
[finger snaps]Instant gratification, you wanna go on a date?
你根本不用学习如何约会
You don’t even have to learn how to be like
发个“在吗”就好
Heyyyyy…
[笑声]
[laughters]
你根本不用学着练习技巧
You don’t even have to learn to practice that skill,
你不用做感到不舒服的那个人
You don’t have to be the uncomfortable one who seizes “YES” when you mean “NO”,
当你说“不”时他说“要” 你想“要”时他说“不”
and seizes “NO” when you mean “NO”, but “YES” when you…
你不必去……打开SwapRight宾 我是一个美男子
You don’t …SwapRight, bing, I’m a stud.
[笑声]
[ Laughters ]
你甚至不用去学习
Right? You don’t even have to learn
社交应对的机制
the social coping mechanisms, right?
你想要什么都能立即得到
Everything you want you can have instantaniously,
所有你想要的都能即时满足
Everything you want, [pounding the table] instant gratification.
除了 工作的满意度
Except, job satisfaction,
以及深度的人际关系 可没任何软件能做到这些
and strength of relationships, there aren’t no app for that.
得到这些需要一个缓慢的 曲折的 痛苦的 麻烦的过程
They are slow, meandering, uncomfortable, messy processes.
我经常遇见那种孩子
And so I keep meeting this wonderful, fantastic idealistic
他们完美 勤奋 努力 聪明
hardworking, smart kids that just graduate school,
刚迈出校门步入职场
they are in their entry level job,
我坐他们旁边问“最近怎样了 尼可”
I sit down with them and I go “How’s it going, niggle?”
-“我最近打算辞职了”-“为什么”
“I think I’m going to quit”, I’m like “Why?”
他们通常说“我感觉现在没什么存在感”
They are like ” I’m not making an impact “,
我会说 “知道吗 你已经在这里干了八个月了”
I’m like ” You’ve been here 8 months, you know?”[ laughters ]
我有一个可能有点抽象的概念
It’s if they are standing at the foot of the mountain,
假设他们站在山脚下
I may have this abstract concept,
他们想在这个世界上拥有“存在感”
called “impact” they want have in the world,
“存在感” 就是他们的顶峰
which is the summit.
他们没有看到这座山峰本身
What they don’t see is the mountain.
我不在乎你爬山的速度快或慢
I don’t care if you go up the mountain quickly or slowly,
但山就是山 它始终在那里
but there’s still a mountain.
因此 年轻人需要学会的是耐心
And so what this young generation needs to learn is patience,
耐心是一个很重要的东西
that somethings that really really matter.
爱情 工作的成就感
Like love, or job fulfillment,
乐趣 对生命的热爱 自信 各种技能
joy, love of life, self confidence,
这些东西中的任何一个
a skill set, any of these things.
所有的这些事都需要花费时间
All of these things take time.
有时你能经历其中一部分
Sometimes you can experience pieces of it,
但人生的整个路程道阻且长
but the overall journey is arduous and long, and difficult,
如果你不寻求帮助 学会一系列技能
and if you don’t ask for help and learn that skill set,
你将从山下掉下来
you will fall off the mountain,
否则你将会 遇到最坏的情况
or you will, the worst case scenario, the worst case scenario,
我们已经能看到最坏的情况了
and we’ve already seen it,
最坏的情况 就是自杀率上涨
the worst case scenario is we’ll see increasing suicide rates,
我们看到这一代自杀率在上涨
we’re seeing an increase in the generation.
看到因过度吸毒的猝死率在上涨
We’re seeing an increase accidental death due to drug overdoses,
看到越来越多的孩子辍学
we are seeing more and more kids drop out school
或者因为抑郁症而不参与社交活动
or take lists of absences due to depression?
前所未闻 这的确太糟了
Unheard of, this is, this is really bad.
最好的情况 最好的
The best case scenario, the best,
这都是反面的例子 对吧
there is all bad cases, right?
最好的情况是 你会看到那些人
The best case scenario, you’ll have entire population,
在成长和人生经历中再也感受不到乐趣
growing up and going through life and just never really finding joy.
他们再也不会得到深层次的满足
They’ll never really find deep deep fulfillment
他们就像浮萍 低落的生活着
and work going life, they’ll just, just waft through life in little G,
-“你工作怎么样了”-“就那样 和昨天一样”
just, it’s fine. ” How’s your job?”” It’s fine.”
-“和女朋友相处的咋样”-“就那样”
“The same as yesterday.”” How’s your relationship?”
” It’s fine.”
那就是最好的情况
Like that’s, that’s the best case scenario,
这也就引入了第四点 社会环境
which leads me to the fourth point, which is the environment.
我们正讨论的这个年轻群体 了不起的孩子们
Which is we’re taking this amazing group of young, fantastic kids,
我们质疑他们坏的一面 但他们本身无错
we just doubt the bad hand, there’s no fault of their own.
我们把他们放在合作的大环境下
And we put them in corporating environments,
相比孩子们本身 他们更关注员工数量
that care more about the numbers than they do about the kids.
相比于长远的人生 他们更关注年轻人短期内的成就
They care more about the short term gains than the long term life of this
比起整个人生我们更关心一年的收获 不是吗
young human being. We care more about the year than the lifetime. Right?
我们把孩子们放进一个合作环境中
And so we’re putting them in corporating environments,
在这里 我们不帮他们建立自信
that aren’t helping them build their confidence,
不帮他们学习与人合作的技能
that aren’t helping them learn the skills of cooperation,
不帮他们克服数字世界的挑战
that aren’t helping them overcome the challenges of a digital world
以及学会保持生活平衡
and finding more balance.
这对他们一点好处也没有
That isn’t helping them.
引导他们克服对即时满足的需求
Overcome the need to have instant gratification
教他们快乐不等于存在感
and teach them the joy isn’t impact
教他们从努力工作以及
and the fulfillment you get from working hard over
从完成短期内不可能完成的任务中
or on something for a long time that can not be done,
会获得成就感
in a month or even in a year.
我们强行把他们塞进合作的氛围中
And so we thrust into them, them in corporate environments,
最坏的结果就是他们认为自己就该这样
and the worst part of that is they think it’s them.
他们责怪自己 他们认为 是自己处理不了
They blame themselves, they think, they think it’s them who can’t deal.
这让他们感觉都是自己的错 不是的
And so it makes it all worse, it’s not.
我在这里告诉他们 不是他们的错
I am here to tell them, it’s not them.
这是合作的环境出了问题
It’s the corporation, it’s the corporate environment,
都怪我们缺少好的领导
it’s the total lack of good leadership.
在当今世界 这能让他们明白自己在做什么
In our world today, that is making them feel the way they do,
他们会质疑坏的一面
They will doubt the bad hand it is,
我不想这样说 但这就是企业的责任
and I hate to say, but it’s the company’s responsibility.
气人就在于我们别无选择
Sucks to be you like we have no choice, right?
这就是我们的现状
This is what we got.
我希望社会和家长们把没尽的义务都尽够
And I wish the society and their parents did a better job they didn’t,
因此 我们要把他们招进公司里
so we’re gonna, we’re getting them in our companys
我们现在就要收拾残局
and we now have to pick up the slack.
我们必须加把劲找到解决办法
We have to work extra hard to figure out the ways
去建立他们的自信心
that we build their confidence,
我们必须费点心
we have to work extra hard,
想办法教他们社交
to find ways to teach them social,
教他们所缺失的社会技能
the social skills they’re missing out of them.
[掌声]
[ Prolonged applause ]
喜欢此类视频 订阅吧
For more interesting videos like this one, please subscribe.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

千禧一代是指1984年后出生的人,他们有自己的特点,这些特点由四个原因造成。

听录译者

小怪

翻译译者

别滋米

审核员

审核员YZ

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXWNChoIluo

相关推荐