ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

灵魂的垃圾食品 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

灵魂的垃圾食品

Michael O'Leary: Junk Food for the Soul

[音乐]
[MUSIC]
我们这一代是垃圾食品一代
My generation is the junk food generation.
我们吃Gushers 喝“果倍爽” 吃双层夹心奥利奥
Raised on Gushers and Capri Sun, double stuffed Oreos,
和一元餐麦乐鸡长大
and dollar menu McNuggets.
忘掉迷你版 我们一英尺一英尺地吃着“大大卷”
Forget fun size, we ate Fruit by the Foot, by the foot.
1980年第一代千禧儿诞生时 可乐被加入了高果糖浆
High fructose corn syrup was added to Coke in 1980 when the first millenials were born.
并非巧合的是
And in what can not be coincidence
我从大学毕业那年 Dunkaroos就停产了
Dunkaroos were discontinued the year I graduated from college.
突然之间 我成为一名成年人
Suddenly I was an adult,
食品科学向我们提供了人类学会渴望的信号
food science has given us the signals that humans evolved to crave:
也就是盐 糖 脂肪
salt, sugar, fat.
却不提供曾在自然中伴随着这些物质的真实营养
But without the substance they were once associated with in nature, real nutrition.
垃圾食品经过巧妙设计 让你根本无法抵挡
Junk food’s engineered so that you literally can’t resist,
“品客一口口 片刻不离手”并不是空洞的营销
“once you pop you can’t stop” isn’t empty marketing,
而是革命性科学
it’s evolutionary science.
垃圾食品是经过精心设计的
Junk food is engineered.
它断绝了我们渴望的信号
Junk food has divorced the signals we crave
跟人体所需物质之间的关系
from the substance our bodies need.
我们因此生病
it has made us sick as a result.
在过去15年时间里 社交媒体
But social media, over the last decade and a half,
给了我们更有害的东西
has given us something worse.
那是灵魂的垃圾食品
Junk food for the soul.
我们千禧一代先爱上Fun Dip后又爱上脸书
Millennials, first we fell for Fun Dip then we fell for Facebook.
人类渴望和周围的人建立深度的关系
Humans crave connection, deep,personal connection with those around us.
众多科学研究表明了我们认为理所当然的事情
Dozens of scientific studies indicatewhat we all intuitively know.
当我们的生活充满有意义的社交互动
When our lives are filled with meaningful social interaction,
我们会更快乐 更健康 更长寿
we’re happier, we’re healthier, we live longer.
因此我们本应为生活在这个互联互通的时代感到幸运
So hypothetically, we should be lucky to live in this age of connectivity.
通过短信 WhatsApp和Ins
Where through text, and WhatsApp and Instagram,
我能感到和我遇见的每个人有密切联系
I can feel connected to nearly everyone I have ever met
但我们仍逃不开孤独的危机
and yet we have this crisis of loneliness.
在七八十年代 10%-20%的美国人
In the 70s and 80s, between 10 and 20% of Americans said
认为他们定期或频繁感到孤单
they regularly or frequently felt lonely
到2010年 这个数字是40%
by 2010 it was 40%.
在1985年到2004年之间 美国人中
Between 1985 and2004, the percent of Americans
认为自己没有一个可以依赖的朋友讨论重要事情的比例
who said they did not feel like they had a single friend they could rely on to discuss important matters
从20%到43%翻了一倍多
more than doubled from 20% to 43%.
没有一个朋友
Not a single friend.
事实上我们有如此多的联系
The fact that we are so connected,
却依然感到孤单
yet feel so alone.
这只对那些从不用社交媒体的人来说是个悖论
is only a paradox to someone who’s never used social media,
这些人从不会浪费一整个周六晚上
who’s never spent a Saturday night
躺在杂乱的床上 刷ins
lying on their unmade bed, scrolling through Instagram.
因为我们在虚拟和现实世界中的交流显然不一样
Because obviously there’s a difference between the virtual time we spend together and the real.
在和朋友真实度过一段时间之后
And after spending real time with my friends,
我不会感到空虚和内疚
I don’t feel empty, I don’t feel guilty.
我不会告诉自己
I don’t tell myself
我要停止这么频繁的见朋友
I’m going to stop seeing my friends so much and
就算有 也只允许见5分钟
If I do it’ll only be for five minutes and
而且只有在我真正富有成效的时候
Only if I’ve been really productive.
[笑声]
[LAUGH]
脸书 Ins Snapchat
Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat,
它们的设计给了我们与友谊相关的信号
they’re engineered to give us the signalswe associate with friendship,
分享故事 给照片点赞 记得生日
sharing stories, liking pictures,remembering a birthday.
但却没有本质上的真实联系
But without the substance of true connection.
我们以为只有Ins上的网红
We talk about Instagram celebrities as if
才会在线上虚构一个被过滤过的自己
they’re unique in creating these filtered, artificial versions of themselves online,
但其实我们都会这样做
but we all do it.
只是网红可以从中获利
Celebrities just get paid for it,
我们抱怨脸书上的假新闻
we complain about fake news on Facebook,
但脸书就是建立在假新闻上的 这和我们脱不了干系
Facebook was built on fake news, it was just usually about ourselves.
也难怪社交媒体最重度的用户的社交孤独
It’s no surprise that the heaviest users of social media
是不用社交媒体的人的两倍
report twice as much social isolation as those who don’t use it at all.
我们是发明FOMO的一代人 这并非巧合
It’s no coincidence that we’rethe generation that invented FOMO.
我当然会害怕错过
Of course I’m going to fear missing out
如果我每天花几小时看的都是我错过某事的证据
if I spend hours a day staring at definitive evidence of me missing out.
[笑声]
[LAUGH]
根本上 这些技术是为了我们的社交设计的
At root, these technologies are designed for our engagement,
但不是同彼此 而是同技术本身
but not with each other, but the technology itself.
脸书第一位总裁兼Napster创始人 肖恩·帕克
Sean Parker, the first president of Facebook and the founder of Napster
对这个问题的描述是
framed the question as
我们脸书要怎样尽可能消耗你的时间和注意力?
How do we (we being Facebook) consume as much of your time and conscious attention as possible?
他的回答是创造“社会确认反馈回路”
And his answer,create a social validation feedback loop.
当我发布一张照片
When I post a picture,
我就会不停去看我得了多少赞
I keep checking to see how many likes I get,
每一次刷新都像再次拉下社交确认老虎机
every refresh is like another pull of the social validation slot machine.
每一个点赞给了我一小剂多巴胺
And every like gives me thatlittle hit of dopamine,
我得到了渴望的友谊信号和社会认可
that little signal of friendship andsocial approval that I crave.
当这些感觉逐渐消失 我会再发布一张照片
Eventually, it wears off, and so I post another picture,
又向老虎机投了一币
another quarter in the slots.
如帕克所说 这是一个成瘾反馈回路
It’s an addictive feedback loop that,in Parker’s words,
利用人类精神上的脆弱 使我们在平台上持续在线
exploits vulnerability in humanpsychology and keeps us on the platform.
“品客一口口 片刻不离手”
“Once you pop you can’t stop”,
这让我怀疑 各类电子游戏
It makes me wonder if video games,
如《糖果粉碎传奇》和《使命召唤》
Candy Crush or Call of Duty,
也是在像这样给予更多的成就信号
are similarly doing more to deliver the signals of accomplishment and
以及对世界发挥实际影响力
the substance of havingan impact in the world.
这使我怀疑
It makes me wonder
约会应用程序是否侧重于传递
if dating apps are doing more to deliver the signals
浪漫互动的信号而不是建立实际的关系
of romantic interactions than thesubstance of forming real relationships.
这甚至让我怀疑
It even makes me wonder
音乐节和34美元健身课
if music festivals and $ 34 workout classes,
是不是正在传达给我们社区精神
are now giving usthe signals of community and
以及我们曾经在修行中所找寻的使命感
purpose that we once looked forin spiritual practice.
我的意思是 它叫心灵周期
I mean, it’s called soul cycle,
我们渴望的所有信号是否具有实质意义?
all the signals we crave, butdo they have the substance?
脸书上的朋友不是真正的朋友
A friend as defined by Facebook is no more a real friend
就像 Doritos Tacos Locos 不是真正的食物
than Doritos Tacos Locos is real food,
它只不过是空热量而已
it’s empty calories.
它使我们比开始时更渴望真正的联系
It leaves us hungrier fortrue connection than when we started.
对于这一现象 马克·扎克伯格并非对视而不见
Mark Zuckerberg, for his part,is not blind to this phenomenon.
我记得今年他曾写到
I remember this year he wrote,
他现在希望我们有更多的有意义的社交互动
he now wants us to have more meaningful social interactions,
让我们在脸书上花的时间变得值得
so the time we spend on Facebook is time well spent.
由于他做了这些改变
As a result of the changes he’s made,
每人每周花在平台上的时间实际上减少了15分钟
total time on the platform actually fell by 15 minutes per person per week.
脸书究竟是变得健康了
Is it a healthier Facebook,
还是变得比较不容易上瘾而已?
or just a slightly less addicting one?
是的 技术可以营造社区意识
Yes technology can create community, but
但是它要促进互动 而非把互动拒之门外
only if it’s facilitating interaction and not crowding it out.
如果垃圾食品揭露了这个问题
If junk food encapsulates the problem,
或许食物也可以提供解决方法
maybe food can also offer the solution.
因为 如果我们是垃圾食品一代的话
Because if we’re the junk food generation,
我们也是农贸市场一代
we’re also the farmer’s market generation.
我们意识到垃圾食品传达给我们空洞的信号
We recognized that junk food wasdelivering an empty signal and
并让我们生病
was making us sick.
我们对于食物的彻底再定位
And it’s that sort of radical reorientation that we’ve taken with regards to food
现在也需要延伸到我们社交生活中去
that we now need to extend to our social life as well.
最后 我们要愿意不满足
In the end, we have to be willing to be dissatisfied.
因为最大威胁不是社交媒体未能给予我们什么
Because the greatest threat is not that we get nothing from social media.
而是我们得到的信号足以使我们不去寻找它
But that we get just enough signal never to hunt for that substance.
Farmville 使我们感觉如此多产
That Farmville, makes us feel just productive enough
以至于我们不再生产任何东西
that we never produce anything.
Tinder 使约会变得如此容易
That Tinder makes dating just easy enough
以至于我们从没有形成一段关系
that we never form a relationship.
Ins使我们感觉如此彼此相连
That Instagram makes us feel just connected enough
实际上我们依然孤单
to leave us truly alone.
几周前
A few weeks ago,
我的一个发小过生日
one of my best friends from growing up had a birthday.
我们现在分布在美国各地但是
And we’re all scattered across the country now but
我们在WhatsApp群里发送了各自的生日祝福
over our WhatsApp group we sent out our happy birthdays,
我上课时在桌底下打出了我的祝福
and I typed one out under the desk during class,
还用了一连串的表情符号 非常的好笑
with a long string of emojis and it was funny,
非常好玩 真不错
it was fine, it was nice.
但是当晚回房间后
But that night back in my room,
我坐在床边
sitting on the edge of my bed,
拿出手机 给他打了个电话
I picked up my phone and I called him.
还把其他朋友拉进了“电话会议”
And we conferenced in our other friends,
我们谈笑风生 彼此取笑 彼此安慰
and we talked and we laughed, and we made fun of each other, we consoled each other,
这真的很棒 这才是真实的交流
and it was great, it was real.
在通话最后
At the end of the call,
我的其他朋友都已下线
after my other friends had hopped off,
他对我说 迈克 听到你的声音真的太棒了
he said to me, Mike it’s just great to hear your voice.
我有时仍吃 Gushers
I still eat gushers sometimes,
我还是经常上脸书 频繁到我不愿承认
I still go on Facebook more often than I’d like to admit,
但是现在我至少能正视它
but now at least I can treat it for what it is,
它是灵魂的垃圾食品
junk food for the soul.
[掌声]
[APPLAUSE]
[音乐]
[MUSIC]

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

我们都知道生活中充斥着不少垃圾食品,那你是否知道,在网络时代,还存在着不少"灵魂的垃圾食品"。虚假的满足信号与无效社交,会给你带来虚无的快感,然而这是真的营养吗?

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

不说

审核员

审核员B

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btGDHWR5l2A

相关推荐