ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

美国东南部名校之迈阿密大学 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

美国东南部名校之迈阿密大学

Miami University Love and Honor

《多可爱啊》出自大学高年级学生 埃文·塔特
How Much More LovelyA POEM BY EVAN TROUT, SENIOR
多可爱啊
How much more lovely?
深灰的大楼伫立在小径旁
The dull gray block upon which we walk
行人走过 打破角落的宁静
when interrupted, broken and torn at the corners,
露出一块地面
showing instead a patch of earth.
多可爱啊 红色的古砖
How much more lovely these old red bricks?
伫立的橡树 久远的卵石 静默的樱桃树
Found ever framed by oak and beach and cherry.
多么可爱啊 来到室外
How much more lovely to walk out of your door,
向着路边的核桃树和枫树送上第一声问候
and bid good morning first to the walnuts and maples.
太阳正努力地挣脱束缚迫不及待的伸出热情的臂膀
Because the Sun is still struggling to make its way through their loving arms.
一天又一天与飘忽的承诺相伴
And the dreamy haze of promise that accompanies each day.
这一切多么可爱啊
How much more lovely?
爱与荣耀
LOVE & HONOR
最美的时刻是 当终于挣脱了学术的疑云
Those walking through academic cloud,
阳光透过树梢闪耀
that perfect moment we see all the sun is glistening through the tree.
看到莘莘学子走过一条条蜿蜒小道
You see students to walking in meandering through these different paths.
这一刻 我仿佛回到了学生时代
I felt like at that particular moment I belonged.
这有超级碗四分卫 我和总统走过同一条路
They have the history where Super Bowl winning quarterbacks, Presidents some walked as same as I walked.
而我曾经身处其中
“The most beautiful campus there ever was…” -Robert Frost
I was one of the same with them
迈阿密举世无双
Miami really is unique
它鼓励你充分规划学习来收获想要的一切
and wanting you to design your education to get what you want out of it.
我以为会有一些蓝图
I expected there to be some type of blueprint
帮我规划我的大学生涯
for what I was supposed to do in college.
但事实却是 没有固定的模式
And the thing is there is no set way to do things.
1 2 3
one,two,three
学校里有很多值得你注意的东西
There are so much more glare the school.
你将会摆脱让你深陷的教育
You will get out of your education what you put in.
这里有整天想着和你“作对”的教师们
You have faculties that are fighting for you everyday
他们确保你得到了所需的资源
to make sure that you have the resources that you need.
良师善于倾听
A good teacher listens well,
良师知学生所需
a good teacher understands what a student needs.
他们的关切激励着学生在学海中探索
Because they show they care and it makes students want to learn more
使得学生不自禁和老师们建立联系
makes us want to create the connection.
大学生活对我来说并不轻松
Collage wasn’t easy for me,
特别是对那些不了解大学生活的人 很难
and I don’t think it is easy for anybody especially if you don’t know all the ins and outs of it.
他总出现在我需要他的时候
Wherever I was in need, he was always there.
不知他是否知道 他对我还有我的朋友的影响有多大
I don’t know if he knows how much he’s affected so many of my friends and myself at all.
我觉得他知道 因为他真正关心学生
And I think he does it because he truly cares.
受我的老师影响 我也想成为一名老师
I want to be a teacher because of the teacher that I had.
这就是我余生所为之努力奋斗的
This is what I want to do for the rest of my life.
〔音乐播放〕
[music playing]
迈阿密的学生能给人惊喜
Miami’s students are amazing group people
因为他们雄心勃勃 充满斗志 热情洋溢勇于奉献
because they think big and have a lot of courage and passion and dedication and commitment.
我特想成为一名工程师 为年轻女孩立下榜样
I really wanted to be an engineer because I wanted to be a role model for young girls
告诉她们 我们可不比男孩差
showing that we can do what other men can do.
在迈阿密 可以修专业课以外的课程
In Miami they allow me to take classes outside my major
学习过程就像连续的光谱
Learning is like a continuous spectrum,
不仅有课堂学习 还要学以致用
It is not just sitting in the classroom only one thing, you have to apply to everything.
有一种力量驱使着你融入迈阿密
There is always something that makes you want to be a part of Miami.
每时每刻
Some moments, every moment, every weekend.
在迈阿密 成绩第一
In Miami, grades come first.
但这也是大学 大家都很愉快
But, at the same time, it is college and they’re fun.
你不能禁锢思想 就像宅在宿舍
You can’t wrap your mind around what it is like to live in the dorm
只认识附近的250个人
and then know that there are just 250 other people right in your spot.
在一个想放空的晚上 你总能找到志同道合的人
There is a night that you wanna go out, there is always someone that wanna go out.
放松之后 大家都到凌晨2点后才写作业
After whom pickled being up until 2:00 in the morning doing homework.
若不是早上有少许羞愧 你会爱上这些的
I think you are allowed to savor until the morning going little shames.
有人视金钱为成功 有人专注事业
Sometimes people define success as money or how are they doing the career.
而更重要的是 成功在于你如何引领生命走向新的高度
I think, more importantly, success is how you lead your life to a higher purpose.
这才是我们想告诉学生的
I think that’s we try to bring out on students
比如说 我不仅考虑第一份工作是什么
As I am thinking about not only what’s my first job,
还要考虑它的未来
but, sort of, what is gonna be in the future,
还有 如何改变生活 服务他人
and how I can transform lives, how I can serve others.
因为 这样的成功意义更深远
because, I think, that’s so much more meaningful definition of success.
在建筑学院 超过九成的学生都会选择出国深造
Over 90% of students in the architecture department study abroad.
自费旅行或是去特别的地方 如非洲的戈纳
in offered way to travel and go to the unique place like Gona in Africa.
一开始 我们都呆了
When we first shocked on,
然后我真正明白来到这里的意义
that’s when I really sort of understand why I was there.
住在绿色森林环绕小村庄 生活工作
You are living and working in a small village outside the green forest.
看向左边
You look to your left
那就是我所建筑的房屋
and there’s the site that you are building on.
看向右边
You look to your right,
孩子们对着你的建筑 兴高采烈
and there are the kids that eventually gonna be enjoying literally at your building.
出国学习前 我想 在毕业后
Before I studied abroad, I felt like, after I really graduate,
我或许会去研究生院或者在建筑公司工作
I really go to a graduate school, or I would work on an architecture firm.
但我意外地去了非洲 经历了一些事
and then all of a sudden I go to Africa and experience something there.
比我们在学校学到的多多了
It is so much broader than anything we would do in school.
它能帮我规避“我得和他人一样”的想法
It really help to shadow the notion that I had to do what anyone else is doing.
“爱和荣耀”本是战歌中来歌颂胜利的
“Love and Honor” is a phrase in our fight song and she is celebrating the victories,
但我们也用它来庆祝“迈阿密” 我们优秀的大家族
but also used to celebrate this wonderful family we call ” Miami”.
若你对迈阿密人说“爱和荣耀”
When you say ” love and honor” to another Miamier,
意味着你已经成为大家庭的一份子
it’s all about being part of a bigger community,
成为比自己更强大的集体的一部分
being part of something bigger than yourself
被“迈阿密”这个团体紧紧环绕着
that you are wrapped up for this community we call Miami.
它蕴含着人际关系 价值观 家庭和友谊
That it values the human relationships, and values family and friendships, and so forth.
大家相互了解 互助 互持
People know each other. People are there to help each other and support one another.
我学会了如何改变 影响他人
I have built the ability to make a difference.
你与不同的人一起学习工作 互动交流
You are working with different people here and you give interactive.
这就是为什么我要在这里
That was when I realized that this is why I want to be here.
人们可能带老毛病来 但迈阿密会让你成功
People might come in here with their own stereotypes, but Miami want you make it.
大学里 成绩不在是你唯一的关注点
Going to college is less about what grades that you get,
更值得关注的是经历和特长
and more about the experiences that guide you that great.
不惧失败的勇气
You have the courage not to worry about failure.
走出你的舒适区
You step outside the comfort zone.
步入充满挑战性的环境
Stand in the situations where you can be vulnerable.
接受积极的价值观
You embrace values of optimism, because
因为你不是每次都能成功
You are not gonna succeed every single time.
努力尝试 不畏失败
Go and try it. Don’t be afraid of failure.
从失败中学习受益 继续向前
Let the fail learn from that and move forward.
坚韧不拔 勇往直前 实现自我
Being able to fight back and move on and accomplish it.
这是迈阿密的核心
That’s the heart of Miami.
我能变成想要的样子
I could be who I was where I was and I needed that.
毋庸置疑
I really needed that.
在迈阿密 痛苦的经历是
The thorny experiences that Miami offers
感觉不会再去其他任何地方了
that I feel like you just can’t have anywhere else.
事实上 在校园里
And the fact that they are situated on this campus
五湖四海的同学 让大学更特别
and with these people makes it so much more special.
这是我一生中最美妙的时光
Then it’s been the best years in my life.
迈阿密大学
MIAMI UNIVERSITY

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

本视频介绍了美国迈阿密大学,在这里,你不仅能了解这所大学的红色古砖,还能了解它的价值核心。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

桃子

审核员

LD

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIb3INhzg7I

相关推荐