未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

心灵主义,读心术和进入你的头脑的艺术

Mentalism, mind reading and the art of getting inside your head | Derren Brown

We are all trapped inside our own heads.
我们都被困在自己的大脑里
And our beliefs and our understandings about the world are limited
我们的信仰和对世界的理解都在这种思维模式下
by that perspective,
受到了限制
which means we tell ourselves stories.
也就是说 我们会给自己讲故事
Right? So here we are in this infinite data source.
对吧?我们身处无穷无尽的信息源中
There’s an infinite number of things that we could think about,
我们可以思考的东西有很多
but we edit and delete.
但我们加以编辑和删减
We choose what to think about, what to pay attention to.
并选择要思考什么 要关注什么
We make up a story …
我们还会编造故事……
to make sense of what’s going on,
来理解周遭发生的一切
and we all get it wrong.
可我们都错了
Because we’re all trying to navigate with our own skewed compasses,
因为我们都在努力用各自有偏差的指南针导航
and we all have our own baggage,
我们还有自己的包袱
but the stories themselves are utterly convincing.
但故事本身是完全令人信服的
And we all do this,
我们都这样做
and a lot of the stories that we live by aren’t even our own.
我们赖以生存的故事甚至很多都不属于自己
The first ones we inherit at a young age from our parents,
最早的故事是幼年时父母告诉我们的
who of course have their own skewed beliefs,
他们当然也有自己偏颇的信条
their own frustrations, their own unlived lives.
有他们的挫败和他们没能实现的生活
And for better or worse, we take all that onboard,
不论好坏 我们把它们全都带上
and then we go out into the world
然后向世界出发
thinking maybe we have to be successful to be loved;
想着可能我们必须成功才会被爱
or that we always have to put other people’s needs first;
或者总得把别人的需求放在第一位
or that we have some big terrible secret we couldn’t possible tell people.
又或者有些糟糕的不可告人的大秘密
And it’s just fiction, it’s just stories,
而这些不过是虚构的 只是故事而已
and we’d worry a lot less about what other people think of us
我们可能会少很多关于他人对自己看法的担忧
if we realized how seldom they do.
如果我们意识到别人压根不怎么在意的话
(Laughter)
(笑声)
So I feel that magic is a great analogy for how we edit reality
我觉得我们编辑现实 构建故事
and form a story and then mistake that story for the truth.
最后误将其当做事实的过程就好比魔术表演
And I’ve had a 20-year career in the UK
我在英国做了20年的
staging big psychological experiments on TV,
大型电视心理实验节目
and now that’s on Netflix.
现在已上线网飞平台
I also have a stage show.
我也演过舞台剧
I’ve got my first Broadway show actually coming up, called “Secret.”
我的首场百老汇舞台剧《秘密》即将上演
Just throwing that out there. No pressure.
只是随口一提 别紧张
(Laughter)
(笑声)
That should be this year.
应该就在今年
And I try to do something new with mentalism,
我尝试用“心灵主义”创作一些新东西
mentalism, which is the dubious art of getting inside your head.
心灵主义是一种能进入你大脑的玄学艺术
So there was a heyday for this kind of stage mind-reading,
20世纪30年代时 这种舞台读心术
which was the 1930s.
达到了全盛时期
That’s why I’m dressed like this,
这就是我穿成这样的原因
in my most un-TED-like garb.
打扮的一点也不像要上TED
And there was an act, an act known as the Oracle Act.
还有一种表演叫做“神谕表演”
And in the Oracle Act,
在这种表演中
members of the audience, as I know you have done,
观众 会像刚才的你们一样
would write down secret questions,
写下秘密问题
the sort of questions you might ask a psychic,
那种你们可能会问通灵者的问题
seal that question into an envelope,
然后将其密封在信封里
and on the outside of the envelope they would write their initials
在信封外写上询问者姓名的首字母
and then roughly where they sat in the audience.
和在观众席里的大致位置
And then the Oracle, the mind reader, would take an envelope one at a time,
接着神谕者 即读心者 每次拿一个信封
he wouldn’t open it,
他不会打开
but he would attempt to divine what question was sealed inside.
但他会尝试推测信封里的问题
And if he got that right,
如果他猜对了
he would try and answer the question for the person too.
还会试图为对方解答问题
And the act spread like wildfire.
于是这种表演一下子就火了
It’s a testament, I think, to the seductive appeal
我认为这证明了 从这方面的强者那里
of some powerful figure offering you easy, simple answers
拿到一个生活中复杂微妙的问题和焦虑的解决方案
to life’s complex and subtle questions and anxieties.
且简单易行 是极具诱惑力的
So thank you all of you that wrote questions.
感谢所有写了问题的人
I haven’t seen these. I know somebody’s guarding them, somebody’s collected them up.
我没看过 我知道有人负责收集和保管
Thank you so much. Thank you, sir.
非常感谢 谢谢先生
I will take those now. Thank you all of you that did this.
现在可以交给我了 谢谢你们的配合
I should say, probably, a couple of things before I start.
在开始前我得说几件事
In absolute honesty,
实话实说
first of all I can’t see through these envelopes.
首先我无法透过信封看到里面的字
They are sealed. They are thick black envelopes.
因为它们密封着 还又厚又黑
You’ll know if you wrote one. I can’t see through them.
写了问题的就知道 我绝对看不透
Secondly, importantly, I don’t know any of you
第二点很重要 在场的各位我没有一个认识的
and nobody is playing along.
没有一个人是托
That’s not what this is.
不是那样的
Thirdly …
第三……
I don’t believe for a second that I have any special psychological gifts,
我从来不觉得自己有特别的心理学的天赋
let alone any psychic ones.
更别说通灵之类的
So let’s begin.
现在开始吧
Nope.
不要
(Laughter)
(笑声)
OK, this —
好的 这个——
Oh, nice.
噢 不错
OK, this one’s interesting. There’s a couple here.
这个挺有趣的 还有两个
I will start with maybe this one.
要么从这个开始吧
This one’s interesting, because the writing undulates.
这个很有意思 字写得像波浪一样
There’s a sort of an up and down thing,
有一种上下起伏的感觉
which normally — not always — normally means
通常——并不总是——通常来说
that the person doesn’t know the answer to the question themselves,
意味着问问题的人自己也不知道答案
so it’s normally a question about the future, right?
因此一般是关于未来的问题 对吗?
That sort of suggests uncertainty.
暗示着不确定性
So I would say it’s a lady,
我猜是一位女士写的
age-wise it’s a little difficult to tell from this minimal handwriting,
年龄呢 从这么少的笔迹辨别有点难
but I would expect maybe 30s, maybe 40s, but let’s find out.
但我估计三四十左右 来看看吧
It says — and a question about the future —
上面写着——一个跟未来有关的问题——
it says, “JN, center.”
封面写着 “JN 中间”
So it’s going to be somebody in this big central section here.
那应该是坐在中间这一大片区域的人
If you think this is you, if you wrote one,
有写了的人 如果觉得是自己
could you make a fuss?
能向我示意下吗?
It’s a bit difficult for me to see in the center.
我不太看得清中心区
Hi, give us a wave.
嗨 来打个招呼
So J …
那么J……
Jane? Jessica?
是Jane吗?还是Jessica?
Yes.

-Derren Brown: Which one? -Jessica: Jessica.
-达伦·布朗:是哪一个? -Jessica:Jessica
Thank you. Just a guess. Little murmur of approval, thank you.
谢谢 随口一猜 不要吝啬你们的赞许 谢谢
(Laughter)
(笑声)
I’ll take it.
我会收下的
Alright, so Jessica, I won’t ask your age,
好 Jessica 我不会问你的年龄
but is it a question essentially about the future?
但这个问题的确跟未来有关对吗?
-Jessica: Mhm. -DB: Yes?
-Jessica:嗯 -DB:对不对?
-Jessica: Yes. -DB: Yes. OK.
-Jessica:是的 -DB:好
Alright. So what did we ask? What did Jessica ask about the future?
好的 那么问题是什么呢?Jessica这个关乎未来的问题是什么?
So am I OK with late-30s, early-40s?
我猜您近40岁或40岁出头可以吗?
I’ll take it. I’m taking it.
可以接受 我接受
(Laughter)
(笑声)
OK, so it’s important,
好的 这很重要
because we ask different questions depending how old we are.
因为我们会根据年纪来提出不同的问题
Just say, “I’ll take it” again.
再说一次“我能接受”
I’ll take it.
我能接受
-DB: Virginia? You’re from Virginia? -Jessica: Yes, I am.
-DB:弗吉尼亚?您来自弗吉尼亚吗? -Jessica:是的
Yeah. So —
好的 那么——
(Laughter)
(笑声)
I think this is a lady,
我认为这位女士
I think this is a lady who wants to leave Virginia.
我认为这位女士是想要离开弗吉尼亚州
I think you’re looking at plans,
我想你正在计划
it’s whether or not things are going to come together to get out.
但不知道计划是否能够顺利实施
Just show me your hands.
让我看看你的手
Other sides so I can see fingernails?
换一面让我看下指甲?
OK, I think you have a farm
好的 我猜你有一个农场
and it’s whether or not you’re going to sell your farm and get out of Virginia?
你想问的是该不该卖掉农场离开弗吉尼亚?
Is this right?
对吗?
Absolutely, that’s the question.
没错 我问的就是这个
Alright. Great. Thank you. It’s a great question!
好的 很棒!谢谢 这是个好问题!
What was the actual question? What did you put?
确切问题是什么呢?你怎么写的?
“Will I sell the farm in Virginia?”
“要不要卖掉弗吉尼亚的农场?”
Will you sell the farm?
你会卖掉吗?
Alright, so look, it’s a great question if you are pretending to be psychic,
好 注意 假装会通灵的人最喜欢这类问题了
because it’s about the future,
因为和未来相关
which means I can give you a yes or no on this.
意味着我能给你一个是或否的答案
It means nothing. You have no way of verifying it.
这毫无意义 因为你没法验证未来
And a dangerous thing to do —
危险的是——
and if I say yes or no, it’ll just stick in the back of your mind,
无论我说了什么 都会留在你的潜意识里
and it can’t not start to affect decisions you make.
它肯定会影响你的决定
So a dangerous thing to do. However —
这很危险 但是
(Laughter)
(笑声)
Yes, I think you will sell the farm,
是的 我认为你会卖掉农场
because I think you’re the sort of person
因为我认为你是那种
that in the nicest way will get what you want.
会用最佳方式来得到所想的人
I think when there are things you want, you tend to focus on them
当你有想要的东西时 你会全身心地投入
at the expense of other things
而忽略其他
that you know you probably should be focusing on more,
那些你更应该关注的事情
would you agree?
你同意吗?
Educated, you spent a few years in —
教育方面 你花了很多年在——
-DB: Say yes again, the word “yes” quickly? -Jessica: Yes.
-DB:能再快速说一遍“是”吗? -Jessica:是
-DB: No? -Jessica: No.
-DB:“不是”呢? -Jessica:不是
California? Berkeley? A bit of a guess, but …
加州?伯克利?猜测一下 但……
I went to Berkeley, yes. Stop doing this!
是的 我在伯克利学习过 别再猜了!
So it’s a yes.
所以我猜对了
Oh, and you’ve been to India recently as well.
对了 你最近也去过印度
There’s just a tiny, tiny little thing going on there. Yes? No?
在那还发生了一点小事 是不是?
Yes, I just got back from India.
是的 我刚从印度回来
It’s a yes from me, I just don’t want to say it like it’s written in the stars
我的答案是“是” 我不想给你一种这是命运的感觉
because it isn’t ,and you need to take responsibility for it.
因为并非如此 你也要对自己做出的决定负责
-DB: Would you accept that it answered your questions, Yes? -Jessica: Yes.
-DB:你能接受这样的答案吗? -Jessica:是的
Have a seat. Thank you. Let’s do another one.
请坐 谢谢你 我们来看另一个吧
(Applause)
(鼓掌声)
AH, also in the center? AH.
AH 也在中心位置吗?AH
This will be a man, a little older, maybe late 40s, I would say from this.
从字迹看 这是位年纪稍大的男士 也许快50岁了
AH, center, stand up for me if you think this is you.
中间的AH 如果你认为这是你 请站起来
AH. Hi, let’s get a microphone to this guy.
AH 你好 请给他一个话筒
Quick as we can, on camera would be amazing.
麻烦快一点 这样镜头比较好看
Oh, look at that! Freeze. Don’t move. Don’t move.
噢 看哪!停住 别动 别动噢
Keep absolutely still.
就这样不动
Are you standing? Where are you?
你是站着吗?你在哪?
I am standing. I’m not that short.
我站着的 没那么矮
OK.

Alright, now you changed that.
好了 你现在动了
There was just something you did as you got up.
你刚才起来的时候做了件事
Yes or no, have you put something on here —
对吗? 你是不是把什么东西放在那了——
you’re not doing it now, but you did it as you stood up —
不是现在 是你刚才站起来的时候——
to do with your left or your left leg or your left foot, yes or no?
和你的左侧 左腿或者左脚有关 对吗?
Yes.
是的
Alright. He was giving us a nice clear signal as he stood up.
好 他站起来时给了我们一个清晰的信号
Alright. I’ll try to be quick on this.
我尽量快一点
Put your weight on your left-hand side and say “yes” for me.
把你的重心放在左边并说“是”
Yes.
“是”
Take your hand out of that pocket, put your weight on the other side,
把手从口袋里拿出来 重心移到右边
change hands with the mic and say “yes” again.
换个手拿麦克风 再说一遍“是”
Yes.

You have a dislocation
你的——你左脚的大脚趾
in the big toe on your left-hand side?
脱臼了是吗?
Yes.
是的
Thank you so much. Great. Good one! Take a seat. Take a seat.
非常感谢你 太好了 很棒!坐下吧 请坐
Can I get the microphone? I’m going to change microphone for this.
能给我个麦克风吗?我要换一个麦克风
Can I grab a mic up? Thank you.
能给我拿个麦克风上来吗? 谢谢
Thank you so much. That would be great there.
非常感谢 放这就好
I’m going to change mic because,
我换麦克风是因为
hopefully you can now still hear me?
你们现在还能听清我说话吧?
So I’m going to blindfold myself.
我要蒙住自己的眼睛
And I’m doing this now so I don’t have the clues as you stand up.
这样就无法从你们起身的动作里获得线索
I can’t see where you put your hands.
我看不见你们手放哪
I can’t see how you respond to what I’m saying.
看不见你们对我话语的反应
I can’t see what the people next to you are doing either.
也看不到你们旁边的人在做什么
If they know the answers to the question, that’s always very helpful.
如果他们知道问题的答案 对我总会有些帮助
I won’t have those advantages,
我不再有这些有利条件
but strangely,
但奇怪的是
this frees me up,
这样反而让我有所解脱
and I want this to free you up as well,
我希望这也能让你们放松些
so if you didn’t write a question
所以若你没有写问题
but you wish that you had done,
但现在有点后悔
you can still take part.
你还是可以参与
The point of writing the question is only that it just kind of gets
写下问题的重点在于让你
a nice, clear, succinct wording in your head.
在大脑里构想一个漂亮 清晰又简洁的词
So if you can just find a question in your head,
所以如果你能在脑中想一个问题
make it clear and succinct, just send it to me,
把它明确化简洁化后传递给我
and I’ll try and do this now without anything written down.
我会在没有写出来的情况下尝试推测
So just start to form questions but send me your name as well. That’s important.
开始想问题吧 连同名字传送给我 那很重要
“My name is” whatever that last guy was,
不管上一个人是谁 想着“我的名字是”
and “what’s strange about my feet” or whatever the question was.
和“我的脚有什么奇怪的地方”之类的任何问题
so name … and and question there is somebody already.
我想名字和问题 已经有人准备好了
I’m guessing you’re quite near the front
我猜你离前排很近
because your name is quite clear.
因为感觉你的名字很清晰
Feels like you’re in the center at the front.
感觉你好像是在前排的中间
OK, let me just … Allan?
好的 让我再…… Allan?
Feels like there’s an Allan.
感觉有个叫Allan的
And you’re going to be quite near the front, vaguely central, I think.
我想你非常靠前 大致在中间的位置
Feels like it’s coming from right there.
感觉就在那里
There’s like a man, maybe early 60s, something like that.
有位男士 大概60出头的样子
Yes.
是的
You’ve got a mic? Great, thank you.
有话筒了吗?很好 谢谢
Allan, just say “stop” when I get to you
Allan 当我指到你时记得喊“停”
so that I know where you are, where to face.
我好知道你在哪 该面向哪
Stop.

-DB: You a Capricorn? -Allan: Yes.
-DB:你是摩蝎座吗? -Allan:对
So Allan has something in his head.
艾伦在想一些东西
Now, did you hear it, hear the reserve in his voice?
你们能听到吗 听到他语带保留的声音了吗?
It’s going to be something really tricky.
好像是件很棘手的事
I think with you … Just say “yes” again for me?
我想……你能再说一遍“是”吗?
Yes.

It’s going to be either —
你想的问题是——
no it’s not.
不 不对
It’s access, it’s a password or access to something.
是访问权限 是密码或者能获取某些东西的事物
Have you got something, just yes or no, with a password in your head?
你想的东西 只说是不是 是密码之类的吗?
Yes.
是的
A computer password, that sort of thing?
电脑密码之类的吗?
Yes.

Excellent!
非常好!
(Laughter)
(笑声)
In that case, I’m going to finish on this one. Let me —
这样的话 我快要完成了 让我——
If I get this right, they’re all going to know what it is,
如果我猜对了 他们就会知道密码是什么
and millions of people potentially.
其他数百万人可能也都知道了
You will change it, won’t you?
你会改掉密码 对吗?
Of course.
当然
(Laughter)
(笑声)
-DB: Just say “of course” again? -Allan: Of course.
-DB:再说一次“当然”? -Allan:当然
Alright. If it’s a word — I imagine it’s a word, right —
好的 若它是一个词—— 我猜是一个词 对了——
just see the password written in front of you,
只看写在你脑海中的那个密码
big clear block capital letters,
几个清晰的大写字母
and as you look at it, think for me of a letter somewhere in the middle,
一边看 一边从中选出一个字母
don’t say it out loud,
不要大声说出来
just get a letter in your head that somewhere in the middle.
只需要把那个字母挑选出来
-DB: Have you got one? -Allan: Yeah.
-DB:好了吗? -Allan:好了
OK, stick with that for me.
好的 想着这个字母
Ah, you changed it, OK.
啊 你改了 行吧
You changed your mind there.
你改变主意了
I think you settled on a —
我猜你选定的是——
I think that’s a “B”, yes?
我觉得是“B” 对吗?
No.
不对
I didn’t.
不是的
-DB: Then it’s an “I”? -Allan: Correct.
-DB:那是“I”吗? -Allan:对了
-DB: But you had a B. -Allan: Yes.
-DB:但你选过B -Allan:是
Yeah, he changed his mind. He changed his mind.
对 他改主意了 换了一个
(Laughter)
(笑声)
So see it written there.
继续看你的密码
Just keep saying it to yourself in your head.
你只需继续在脑海里默念
Oh, you play drums, don’t you.
噢 你会打鼓 是吗?
I do.
我会
Just get that out of your head, get that out of your head,
别再想这个了 清除你的杂念
just focus on this one thing for me.
帮我专注在这一件事上
(Laughter)
(笑声)
My job is to sell you a story, right?
我的任务就是让你们相信故事 对吧?
I try and do this to all of you, to get you
我试着为所有人这么做
to pay attention to one thing that I want you to find important,
是要你们专注于那个我想让你们觉得重要的事物
ignore other things that I want you to ignore,
忽略那些我想让你们忽略的
and then join up those narrative dots
然后把这些故事点串联起来
to tell yourself a certain story about what I’m doing,
给自己讲一个和我现在在做的事情有关的故事
and this only works because we are story-forming creatures,
这可行的原因仅仅在于人类就是编故事的生物
which means we do this every day.
也就是说我们每天都这样做
We go out into this complex and subtle world
我们踏入这个复杂而微妙的世界
full of a complex and subtle people like you and me, Allan,
里面充满你 我和Allan这样复杂而微妙的人
and we reduce them to these neat characters
我们用简化的字符来形容他们
that fit whatever story we’re telling ourselves,
这些字符可以套用在我们讲的任何故事上
and we say, “She’s insecure,” “He’s arrogant,” “They can’t be trusted.”
我们说“她没安全感” “他很傲慢” “他们不可信”
And these are just stories like the story that I can somehow read your mind.
那些故事就像“我能通过某种方式读心”这个故事一样
You’re thinking of selling your company as well, aren’t you, at the moment.
你此刻也在考虑卖掉公司 是吗?
Correct.
没错
Which is something to do with skin?
公司业务跟皮肤有关?
Yes.

Skin care or something like this.
皮肤护理之类的
Uh, yes.
是啊
And I think the reason why I love doing this
我想我之所以喜欢做这个的原因
is that it reminds me at least to try
是它提醒了我至少要去尝试
and be more alive and alert to the complexity and the subtlety of what’s real,
要对现实的复杂性和微妙性保持活力和警觉
that there’s always other stuff going on that we don’t know about,
有很多我们不知道的事在发生
and it means we can get less stuck, we can be kinder to people
那样做我们就能少一点受挫 多一点宽容
because we can recognize there’s always fear behind their stress,
因为我们能意识到他们压力的背后总有恐惧
so we don’t need to meet it as defensively,
所以不必有那么重的防备心
and we can start to see the stories for what they are
然后我们开始看到故事的本质
and recognize that life isn’t all about us.
并认识到生活并不总是只围绕着我们
Oh!
噢!
Your password, where are you? Where are you? Where is he?
你的密码 你在哪?在哪?他在哪?
Right here.
我在这
Stand up for me. Your password is “ariboy.”
请站起来 你的密码是“ariboy”
-DB: A-r-i-b-o-y? Is that right? -Allan: That’s correct.
-DB:A-r-i-b-o-y? 对吗? -Allan:正确
Then thank you so much. Thank you very much indeed.
那么非常感谢你 感谢大家
Thank you.
谢谢你
(Applause)
(掌声)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

英国心灵魔术师Derren Brown以心灵魔术表演闻名,他是怎样做到读心的?本期视频他将阐述这一神奇现象背后的秘密。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

闪闪发光小太阳

审核员

审核员CICL

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IFa0tqHrwE

相关推荐