未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

UNDER THE TABLE和OFF THE BOOKS是什么意思?

Meaning of UNDER THE TABLE and OFF THE BOOKS - A Short English Lesson with Subtitles

So in Canada like in most countries
和在大多数国家一样 在加拿大
when you have a job you have to pay taxes.
你有工作就得交税
When you get your paycheck
当你拿到薪水支票时
there is a certain amount of money that goes straight to the government,
有一些钱直接就交给了政府
you don’t see it at all.
你完全不会发现
Unless, you work under the table.
除非 你工作方式是under the table
This is illegal in Canada,
这在加拿大是非法的
but if you work under the table for someone
如果 你为某人工作的方式是 under the table
it means that instead of taking money off
这意味着 你只会收到雇主支付的现金
your paycheck to send to the government to pay your income
而不会从薪水支票中拿出部分钱给政府
taxes, they just give you cash.
来支付个人所得税
So instead of a paycheck they just give you an envelope
所以 雇主给你的不是薪水支票
with lots of 20, or 50, or $100 bills in it.
而只是 装着许多20 50或100元钞票的信封
Again it is illegal to work under the table in Canada,
再说一次 under the table的工作方式 在加拿大是非法的
but there are people in Canada who work under the table
不过加拿大还是有under the table的工作形式
and so their boss just gives them cash
雇主支付他们的 只是现金
to pay them instead of giving them a paycheck.
而不是薪水支票
When you work under the table though,
不过 当你工作方式是under the table时
you usually don’t make as much money
和真正工作的收入相比
as you would make if you had a real job.
你通常赚到的钱会更少
We have another phrase, off the books.
另外一个俚语 off the books
And this means something very very similar.
意思和under the table非常相似
When somebody keeps something off the books,
当某人让某事处于off the books时
it means they do not write down what they’ve done.
意思是 不会将这件已经做过的事情记录下来
So sometimes when you get paid under the table,
有时 当薪酬方式是under the table时
you can also say that you are getting paid off the books.
也可以说成 薪酬方式是off the books
So the person who is paying you
支付你薪酬的雇主
does not write down that they paid you,
不会把支付你薪酬这件事记下来
and they don’t put it into their computer.
保存进电脑
So, when you work under the table
所以 当你工作方式是under the table时
it means that you get paid cash.
意思是 你的薪酬是现金
That means they actually give you money
这意味着 雇主支付你的 的确是现金钞票
as bills instead of giving you a paycheck.
而不是薪水支票
And when someone does something off the books,
当某人让某事处于off the books时
it means that they do not write it down,
意思是 不会将这件事情记录下来
or enter it into a computer.
或者 保存进电脑
Anyways, Bob the Canadian here
好了 我是加拿大人鲍勃
and you’re learning English with me.
跟我一起学英语
It’s Friday today. I’m going home from work soon
今天周五 我很快要下班回家了
and I hope that you have a good weekend
祝你们周末愉快
and I hope I have a good weekend too. See ya on Monday.
也祝自己周末愉快

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

本期节目中,Bob老师将为大家介绍underthe table和 off the books的意思

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

翻译爱好者山人乙

审核员

审核员 RN

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBsTNkCaHQ0

相关推荐