ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

TO FLIP OUT和TO FLIP YOUR LID是什么意思? – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

TO FLIP OUT和TO FLIP YOUR LID是什么意思?

Meaning of TO FLIP OUT and TO FLIP YOUR LID - A Really Short English Lesson with Subtitles

So in English, the phrase “to flip out”
在英语里面 “to flip out”这个短语
means to get really, really angry.
意思是非常非常生气
I think I’ve told you this story before.
我之前应该和大家分享过这个故事
When I was a kid, sometimes I would hide behind a tree,
我小的时候 有时喜欢躲到树后面去
and when my sister would walk by,
当我姐姐经过树旁边的时候
and I would say, “Boo!” to scare her,
我会朝她大叫道“砰” 来吓唬她
and then she would flip out.
这时她就会 生气
She would get really, really angry with me
因为我吓到她了
because I had scared her.
她就会非常非常生我的气
So to flip out means to get angry.
所以flip out就是生气的意思
Also, when I was a kid, whenever I went to school,
另外 也是我小的时候 我去学校
I wouldn’t wear a winter hat or winter gloves,
都不会戴保暖的帽子或者手套
and then my mom would flip out on me
然后我妈就会生我的气
because she knew that I would be cold at school,
因为她知道我在学校会感冒的
but as a kid, I just didn’t like wearing gloves,
可我当时是个孩子 我就是想不戴手套
and I didn’t like wearing a winter hat, kind of like now,
就是不想戴保暖帽 看 就跟现在一样
and so my mom would flip out on me
所以我妈会生我气
because she knew that it was a good idea to wear it.
因为她知道戴上才能御寒
So she would get a little bit angry.
因此她会有点恼我
We have another phrase that’s similar to this,
英语里面还有另一个和flip out差不多的短语
and it’s to flip your lid.
就是 “to flip your lid”
We kinda refer to this as your lid.
喏 这里就是lid
When you flip your lid, it means the same thing.
所以这里的 lid 也是一样的意思
It means to get angry.
这个短语的意思也是生气
So you can say that when you do something to annoy someone,
所以你可以说 当你把某人惹毛的时候
eventually, they might flip their lid.
他们最终会特别生气
They might get really, really angry with you
他们真的会因为你做了那些惹毛他们的事
for doing something that annoys them,
和打扰他们的事
for doing something that bugs them.
而超级生气
So, hopefully you aren’t someone
那么 希望你不是那个
who very often needs to flip out,
常常会让人生气
and you aren’t someone who tends to flip your lid.
或者把人惹毛的人
Hopefully, you are a very calm person,
希望你是个平心静气的人
and you are always super nice to people.
总是对身边人超级好
Anyways, Bob the Canadian here,
最后 我是加拿大的鲍勃
and you’re learning just a little bit of English
每天和我学一点英语口语吧
every day with me. Have a great day.
祝你愉快么么哒 拜拜

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

两个“生气”短语的故事

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

楼下小朱

审核员

审核员XY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvDhc1uddLg

相关推荐