未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

IMHO是什么意思?

Meaning of IMHO - A Short English Lesson with Subtitles

So you may have seen these four letters I-M-H-O
你可能在网上 又或许在YouTube直播间
on the internet, maybe in the chat of a YouTube live stream
或其他在线聊天的地方中
or in another place where people are chatting online,
见过IMHO这四个字母
and it stands for “in my humble opinion”
它表示“in my humble opnion”
or “in my honest opinion”.
或者“in my honest opinin”
Because the internet can’t quite agree which one of these is correct
由于网上对于这两种说法的正确性尚有分歧
so we use both.
所以我们两种意思都会使用
In English you don’t want to sound like a know-it-all
在英语中 大家都不想听起来像个“know-it-all”
A know-it-all is a person
“know-it-all”指的是那种
who sounds like they know everything
听上去无所不知的人
and so when you say something online sometimes before you say it
有时候当你想在网上表达观点之前
you want to say, “In my humble opinion.”
你会先说一句“依我拙见”
When you are humble it means that
当你表现得谦逊的时候 那就表明
you don’t think that you are the most amazing person in the world,
你认为自己不是世界上最优秀的人
you just think that you are a person
你觉得自己只是
who has something to contribute to the discussion that’s going on.
对所进行的这个话题有点贡献而已
So if you see these four letters in a discussion online
因此当你在网上讨论的时候看到这四个字母
it means either “in my humble opinion”
它要么表示“依我拙见”
or “in my honest opinion”.
要么表示“恕我直言”
It can mean either.
它有两种意思
So let’s talk a little bit more about being a know-it-all.
下面我们再多讲讲“know-it-all”
I think this is something that is true in almost every culture.
我认为几乎在所有的文化中都是这样的
No one likes a know-it-all.
没人喜欢一个“百事通”
A know-it-all is a person
“百事通”就是那种
that knows everything about food and they know everything about cars
知道所有关于食物 汽车
and they know everything about school and they know everything about the government
学校 以及政府的事情的人
and whenever you have a conversation
无论何时与他交谈
they are quick to talk as if they are the expert.
他们都能立马像专家一样评头论足
So I think it is better to be humble
所以 我认为谦逊才是上策
and to only talk about things
还有 最好只谈论那些
that you know about when you actually do know about them
你真正了解的东西
and it’s good to not be a know-it-all.
并且不要做一个“百事通”
You should look up the definition of know-it-all.
你可以查一查“百事通”的定义
It is kind of an interesting thing to call someone.
这算是对某人的一种有趣称呼
So I’m pretty sure none of you are know-it-alls,
我很确信你们都不是那种“百事通”
I’m pretty sure you are all very humble and honest people.
你们都是谦逊且坦率的人
Anyways, Bob the Canadian here,
好了 这里是加拿大人Bob
and you’re learning English with me every day
每天我都会陪你们学英语
and I hope you’re having a good day.
生活愉快呀

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

作者简单介绍了IMHO的含义,即“依我拙见”或者“恕我直言”,举例说明其使用环境,通过一部分被称为“百事通”的人从反面阐述IMHO在聊天时候的作用,希望读者成为一个谦虚坦率的人。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

MAYINJULY

审核员

审核员A

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM8NhVYFW_U

相关推荐