So in English if you say, I will give it a go,
在英文中如果你说 I will give it a go
or I’ll give it a go,
或者I’ll give it a go
it means that you are willing to try something new.
那意味着你乐意尝试新事物
Let’s imagine that you do not exercise.
让我们想象下 你不运动
Let’s imagine that you don’t run,
想象下 你不去跑步
you don’t walk,
你不去散步
you don’t swim,
你不去游泳
and you don’t cycle.
也不去骑行
You don’t do anything for exercise.
你不做任何有关锻炼的活动
Your brother might say to you,
你的兄弟可能会跟你说
“You should start walking for exercise,
“你应该先从散步开始锻炼
it’s easier than running,
那比跑步更容易
it’s easier than swimming,
比游泳更容易
it’s easier than cycling,
比骑行更容易
I think walking would be a great exercise for you to do.”
我觉得散步对你将是很棒的运动方式”
You could respond by saying,
你回应他说
“That makes a lot of sense,
“此话甚有道理
I’ll give it a go.”
我试试看”
So in English if you say, I’ll give it a go,
所以用英语说 I’ll give it a go
it means you’re willing to try something new.
意思就是你愿意尝试新事物
You could also imagine your brother also saying
你也可以想象着你兄弟说
that you should eat more vegetables
你应该多吃蔬菜
because that will make you feel a lot healthier.
因为那会让你更健康
You could say, “That’s a great idea,
你回复说:“好主意
I’ll give it a go as well.”
我也试一下”
So if you say, I’ll give it a go,
因此 如果你说 I’ll give it a go
it means you’re willing to try something new.
那意味着你愿意尝试新事物
We have a second phrase that means exactly the same thing
还有一种表达同样意思的短语
and that’s the phrase, I will give it a shot
那就是I will give it a shot
or I’ll give it a shot.
或者I’ll give it a shot
So using the same examples if your brother said,
所以可以用于相同的例子 如果你兄弟说
“I think you should start walking for exercise.”
“我认为你应该先从散步开始锻炼”
You could say, “That makes a lot of sense,
你说:“很有道理
it sounds like a really easy exercise to do,
那听起来真的是很容易的锻炼方式
I’ll give it a shot.”
我试试看”
So again in English if you say, I will give it a go,
所以在英语中 如果你说 I will give it a go
or I’ll give it a go,
或I’ll give it a go
or if you say, I will give it a shot,
或者你说 I will give it a shot
or I’ll give it a shot,
或I’ll give it a shot
it means that you are willing to try something new.
意思就是你乐意尝试新事物
