So in English, if I say that something drives me around the bend,
在英语中 如果说某事drives me around the bend
it means that it’s making me angry or frustrated or annoyed.
意思就是它使我很生气 很沮丧或者很烦躁
One of the things that really drives me around the bend
有件事真能drives me around the bend
is when my kids fight in the van while I’m driving.
那就是我开车时 孩子们在车后排打架
That really drives me around the bend.
那真的会drives me around the bend
It really makes me annoyed and it really makes me, just a little bit angry.
真的让我烦躁 让我有点生气
The other thing that drives me around the bend is when people lie to me.
另一件事会drives me around the bend就是别人骗我
I really don’t have a lot of patience when people tell lies.
我对撒谎的人真没什么耐心
I like it when people tell the truth
我喜欢听别人讲真话
so it drives me around the bend when people are not truthful.
所以如果别人不说实话真的会drives me around the bend
It drives me around the bend when people lie.
人们撒谎的话会drives me around the bend
It makes me a little bit annoyed. It makes me a little bit angry
我会有点烦躁 有点生气
and it makes me just kind of wonder
我就不禁在想
why people would lie in the first place.
他们起先干嘛要撒谎呢?
So hopefully you are truthful and you don’t drive people around the bend.
因此希望你诚实 不会drive people around the bend
Hey, we have another phrase that means exactly the same thing.
另外有个短语也表达相同的意思
You could say it drives me up the wall
你可以说它drives me up the wall
and the same things apply here.
这个短语同样适用于这里
When my kids fight in the back of the van while I’m driving, it drives me up the wall.
开车时孩子们在车后排打架会drives me up the wall
Again, this means that it makes me a little bit angry
意思就是我有点生气
but actually, just more annoyed and more frustrated than anything else.
比其它的事感到更烦躁 更沮丧
So when you say that something drives me up the wall,
因此当你说某事drives me up the wall
it means that it is something that is driving you crazy.
就是说那件事快把你逼疯了
One of the other things that drives me up the wall
另一件drives me up the wall的事情是
is when people just aren’t nice to each other.
人们彼此不友善
I think the world would be a much better place
我觉得如果人们友善一点
if we were all just a little bit kinder
而不是drive each other up the wall
to each other and we didn’t drive each other up the wall.
这个世界一定会变得更美好
Anyways, It’s Bob the Canadian here,
好了 我是加拿大人Bob
and you’re learning a little bit of English with me.
跟我一起学英语吧
I hope you’re having a great day.
祝你今天愉快
