未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

COLD SHOULDER的意思

Meaning of COLD SHOULDER - A Really Short English Lesson with Subtitles

Has anyone ever given you the cold shoulder?
曾有人给你“cold shoulder”吗?
When someone gives you the cold shoulder
有人给你“cold shoulder”
it means that they are ignoring you
就表示他们不理睬你
I thought this was a good phrase for today
我觉得对于今天来说 这是个挺应景的短语
because it had the word cold in it
因为有“cold”这个词
and as you can see
就像你看到的
we’re having a little bit of a snow storm here in Canada.
加拿大正在下雪
It’s really cool.
真的很冷
But anyways, sometimes when you go to a party
但不管怎样 有时你去一个聚会
and you see someone you know
看到熟人
and you go over to talk to them
过去同他们交谈
and they just kind of turn and walk away,
但他们只是转身走开了
we would say that they’re giving you the cold shoulder
我们就可以说 they’re giving you the cold shoulder
Or maybe you go to family event
或者参加一个家庭活动
and you and your sister aren’t getting along
你和姐姐关系不好
and when you go to the family dinner or the family reunion,
在家庭晚宴或聚会上
your sister gives you the cold shoulder.
你的姐姐就会无视你
That would mean that she kind of ignores you
那表示她不理睬你
and doesn’t give you very much attention.
不怎么关注你
It’s kind of rude to give someone the cold shoulder
“give someone the cold shoulder”是不礼貌的
but it does happen sometimes when you don’t get along,
但如果你们关系不好 这确实会发生
sometimes people give you the cold shoulder.
有时人们就会“give you the cold shoulder”
So as I said, we’re having a little bit of a snow storm here in Canada
就像我说的 加拿大这里在下雪
and that made me think about phrases that have the word cold in it
这使我想到了有“cold”这个词的短语
and I thought of the phrase, cold shoulder.
我就想到了“cold shoulder”这个短语
There’s another phrase,
还有另一个短语
to be left out in the cold.
to be left out in the cold
When you’re left out in the cold,
你被left out in the cold
it kind of means that people have planned something
就是说有人计划了什么事情
and they didn’t tell you about it.
但他们没有告诉你
So, if they leave you out in the cold,
所以 如果他们“leave you out in the cold”
it means that they decided to go to a movie
也就是说他们打算去看电影
and they didn’t invite you and they didn’t tell you.
但是没有邀请你 也没有告诉你
They kind of left you out in the cold.
他们把你孤立了
It’s not very nice when that happens.
发生这种事并不好

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

被忽视和被孤立如何表达

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

clyze

审核员

审核员A

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMvCIqEe4Qk

相关推荐