ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

A FLY ON THE WALL和NOSY是什么意思? – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

A FLY ON THE WALL和NOSY是什么意思?

Meaning of A FLY ON THE WALL and NOSY - A Short English Lesson with Subtitles

Have you ever wanted to be a fly on the wall?
你想变成“a fly on the wall”吗?
A fly is a pretty common insect here in Canada
在加拿大和全世界 苍蝇是一种
and around the world,
很常见的昆虫
and sometimes they land on the walls.
你能不时地在墙上看见它们
And in English, if you say that you would like to be
在英语中 如果你说你想成为
a fly on the wall,
“a fly on the wall”
it means that you would like to spy on people
就表示你想要秘密监视
who are maybe having a meeting or a conversation.
那些正在开会或聊天的人
Maybe your boss and your supervisor
可能你的老板和上司
are going to have a meeting to talk about
待会就要开会讨论
how much they should pay you next year.
你明年的工资是多少
You would probably love it if you could be
你肯定会很乐意
a fly on the wall during that meeting.
在领导开会时
You would probably love it if you could just be
变成附在墙上的一只小虫
a little insect sitting on the wall during that meeting,
也就是“a fly on the wall”
seeing and hearing everything that they are talking about.
去听听他们在讨论什么
I know when I was a kid,
在我小的时候
sometimes I would do bad things,
我偶尔会干一些坏事
and then my parents would go and have a conversation
之后我爸妈就会商讨
about what my punishment would be,
该怎样惩罚我
and back then, I would have loved to have been
那时我就很想变成
a fly on the wall, to hear what they were talking about.
“a fly on the wall” 去听听他们在讲什么
We have another word in English
在英语中还有另一个和它
that is somewhat similar to this, and that’s the word nosy.
类似的单词 那就是“nosy”
There are two spellings of this word.
这是这个单词的两种拼写
The top spelling is actually the most correct spelling,
上面的这个拼写是最正确的
and the bottom is somewhat incorrect,
而下面的则稍有错误
but when you are nosy, it means that
当你很“nosy”时
you are always trying to figure out
就表示你总在打听
what other people are talking about.
别人在谈论什么
A nosy person is always curious about
一个“nosy”的人
what other people are doing,
总会对别人的
and curious about what other people are saying.
所作所为 所言所语感到好奇
So hopefully you are not a nosy person,
所以希望你不是个“nosy”的人
but I think people are generally curious,
但我认为人们普遍都是好奇的
and sometimes, it’s fun to think about
并且偶尔想想变成一只苍蝇
what it would be like to be a fly on the wall
附在墙上 并偷听别人谈话
and to hear what other people are talking about.
会是怎样的情景也是很有趣的
So if you are nosy,
所以 如果你很“nosy”
you just want to know what other people are saying,
你就会很好奇别人在说些什么
and if you want to be a fly on the wall,
如果你想变成“a fly on the wall”
it means that you would love to be like a little insect
就意味着你喜欢像一只小虫一样
sitting on a wall, hearing what people are talking about.
附在墙上 偷听别人在说些什么
Anyways, Bob the Canadian here
好了 我是加拿大的鲍勃
and you’re learning English with me.
和我一起学习英语吧
Have a great day.
祝你天天开心

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

来听听鲍勃讲解“a fly on the wall”和“nosy”吧!

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

酥帝boom咖喱

审核员

审核员XY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS-2ZUGYJD8

相关推荐