未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

马丁·博伊斯|城市景观

Martin Boyce | Urban Landscapes

《苏格兰国家美术馆》
At the forefront of being an artist, it’s about kind of freedom.
作为艺术家 最重要的是自由
You don’t become an artist, so that someone can tell you what to do
你不是为了遵从他人指示而成为艺术家的
Of course there comes a point where, you’re working to deadlines
当然 总会有在最后期限前赶工的时候
and you have the same pressures as most other professions.
这和其他大多数职业有同样的压力
but ultimately, it’s about doing what you want to do
但归根结底 艺术家是要做自己想做的事
I wasn’t brought up in a household where there was art.
我并非成长于艺术之家
I wasn’t brought up in a town, where there was much art.
也并非成长于艺术之都
But I found it, because I sort of needed it in one way or another
但我找到了艺术 因为无论如何我需要它
I work with installations
我从事装置艺术
and I think of them as arrangments of objects. or relationships between the sculptures.
我视其为物品的布局或雕塑间的空间关联
so as soon as you work in that way,
一旦你以这种视角工作
Becomes about the space between the works,
就不能仅考虑作品本身
as much as the works themselves.
作品间的空间布局同样重要
So there’s something when you create an installation
当你创作作品 将其作为整体空间时
or you use it a whole room.
它们就有了更多意象
You can sort of step inside something, and move around inside it.
你能步入一个空间 在里面到处走走
And there’s a sense that everything’s sort of frozen in time.
此刻 有一种世间万物凝固于时间之感
So it’s like stepping inside a photograph.
就好像走进一张相片
everything’s frozen, but you can move slowly around it.
万物凝固 但你能缓步其中
And that sensation really interested me.
那种感觉着实激起我的兴趣
Primarily, i think about it in relation to landscape.
我认为装置艺术主要是和景观相关
It tends to be urban landscape rather than the natural landscape.
更多关系到城市景观 而不是自然景观
So in my mind.
在我看来
For example, a suspended geometric ceiling that allows light to pass through.
比如 悬空的能让光线透过的几何形天花板
You know, which surrounds an architectural pillar for me that becomes like a tree.
它围绕着房屋柱子 在我眼中似乎成了棵树
Or becomes somewhere in between architecture and nature,
或成了介乎建筑和自然之间的某种事物
So I like that possibility, where One thing can become another,
我喜欢这种事物间转变的可能性
So geometric architectural forms can refer to something natural.
几何形建筑形式可以象征自然界的事物
I often think of these landscapes as,
我经常会视这些景观为……
you know if I’d be traveling
这么说吧 旅行时
You maybe on a train or in a car at night,
或许是在夜间的火车或汽车上
and you’d catch a glimpse of
然后暼见
abandoned or an empty park space or a piece of waste ground
一个废弃或空置的公园 或一片荒地
And somehow illuminated at night.
不知怎的它们在黑夜中被灯光照亮
And seeing it for a moment,
当你注视片刻
it kind of captured something Kind of so romantic as well
也能捕捉到一些 算是颇为浪漫的感觉
so you had this collapse of the romantic,
你捕捉到了这种崩塌的浪漫
and something much more urban and art.
其中蕴含更多的城市性和艺术性
And it was really that sensation that I wanted to capture.
这正是我想要捕捉的感觉

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

马丁·博伊斯:城市景观的装置艺术 当代城市生活中的浪漫

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

zbz

审核员

审核员 AF

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8dObAHIWd0

相关推荐