未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

制作一门TED-Ed课程:让立体书栩栩如生

Making a TED-Ed Lesson: Bringing a pop-up book to life

What are tectonic plates and why use a pop-up book to explain them?
地球构造板块是什么 为什么用立体书来解释?
In this short video, we’re going to show you how we constructed
本期短视频 我们将向大家展示 如何制作立体书
and animated a pop-up book to explain Earth’s tectonic plates.
以及如何将它做成动画 来解释地球板块的构造
The supercontinent Pangaea broke apart 200,000,000 years ago,
两亿年前 这块超大陆 盘古大陆分裂了
but the pieces haven’t stopped shifting.
但这些分裂的板块的运动并没有停止
Although with animation we can show this movement easily with drawings,
尽管用绘画方式制作的动画 可以很容易演示这一运动
we thought it’d be more interesting to depict gigantic sliding slabs of rock
但我们认为 用可移动和可变形的物体来
using a tangible object that also moves and shifts.
描绘巨大的移动的岩石板 这样可能更有趣
and the pop-up book idea was born.
因此 就有了创作立体书的想法
(music)
如何制作一本立体书?
To make your own pop-up book, you’ll need some basic paper tools,
要制作立体书 我们需要一些基本的手工工具
such as scissors, an X-Acto knife, glue, double-sided Scotch tape, a ruler,
如 几把剪刀 一把X-Acto刻刀 胶水 双面胶 一把尺子
a bone folder or other creasing tool, and, of course, some paper.
一把折纸刀 或者其他折纸工具 当然了 还需要一些纸
For this lesson, we first determined the visual style
本节课中 我们首先画出每页的展开效果
by making illustrations and deciding on the overall
来确定总的颜色 形状 元素
design, colors, shapes and elements we wanted on each page, or spread.
最终决定整体视觉效果
You can have more detailed illustrations, but we wanted to illustrate this lesson
这节课我们只简单演示下形状和颜色
simply by playing with shapes and colors.
你可以继续做出更细致的设计
When you visualize your pop-up and choose a visual style,
当你构思你的立体画 并选择一种视觉风格后
you will want to make a bunch of good old pencil sketches on paper
你应该先在纸上画一些铅笔素描草图
and plan each movement for each spread.
然后规划每个展开的动作
Plan as much as you can:
规划越详细越好 包括:
all the basic shapes and how they connect and how you want them to move,
所有的基本形状 它们间的相互联系 你设想的动作
which parts you want to pop-up first.
哪部分先运动
Challenge yourself,
挑战自己吧
and explore multiple possibilities of how your main element on the spread can pop up.
探索更多的可能性 让主要元素的弹出方式更多样化
For the next step, make a mock-up spread
下一步 做一个模型
and see if your masterful paper engineering ideas
来看看你精巧的折纸工艺创意
translate from a sketch to the actual prototype.
能不能从草图转变为实际原型
Instead of using fancy paper, start with the cheap stuff
先不要用昂贵的纸 先从便宜的材料开始
and allow yourself to make mistakes and adjustments.
并允许自己犯错和不断调整
This prototype lets you see how your preliminary sketches will come to life.
原型能让你看到草图初稿是如何变成具体的
You will want to first draw all individual parts on a single sheet,
你首先要在一张纸上画出所有单独的部分
including all your main pieces, all the supporting pieces and the folds.
包括你所有的主要部件 所有的支撑和折叠部分
You may be surprised that there are only two types of folds
你也许会惊讶的是 让元素按你想要的
that can make your elements pop up the way you want:
方式弹出 只有两种折叠方式:
a step fold and a V-fold.
阶梯折叠和V形折叠
Here, you can see how we used a step fold
这里我们展示的是如何使用阶梯折叠法
to make each layer of the Earth step out.
使地球的每一层都走出来
Then, cut all your individual elements and assemble using glue
接下来 我们把所有单独的元素剪出来
or double-sided Scotch tape.
并用胶水或双面胶带来粘贴
(Music)
[音乐]
Through trial and error, make sure that all
不断尝试和犯错 确保所有
the elements, shapes and placements are moving the way you imagined,
元素 形状和位置都在按你想象的方式运动
and that they fold properly when closed and opened.
关闭和打开时 它们能够正确折叠
(Music)
[音乐]
Once your prototype is tested and complete,
一旦原型测试通过后
you can proceed to making the final product in color.
你就可以为最终的作品填充颜色了
Draw or paint on your main pop-up elements as you see fit.
给立体书的元素画上或涂上颜色
For this lesson,
在本课程中
we decided to just play with simple shapes in different colors
我们打算只制作不同颜色的简单形状
to create the world of shifting continents we imagined.
来创造我们想象的大陆漂移的世界
(Music)
[音乐]
[music]
怎么用立体书来制作动画?
When we were planning each spread, we knew we wanted some elements
设计每一个动作时 我们都期望
to move independently of the typical pop-up book
通过轻微的处理和动画
using slight manipulations and animations.
让经典的立体书中的元素都能独立运动
We had to plan well, but also use a few tricks.
我们必须计划好 也可以使用一些技巧
As always, when you’re making stop-motion,
一如既往 当你制作定格动画时
you may have to be creative and use all sorts of unusual tools and props
你要能创造性的使用各种工具和道具
to achieve the effect that you want.
来达到你想要的效果
In this shot, the birds had to fly across and off the edge of the book,
在这个镜头中 鸟儿要飞过书本的边缘
so we used Fun-Tak to move the clouds across the page.
我们用橡皮泥胶来移动页面上的云
Once they left the page, they had to be trimmed
只要它们离开这一页 就得被剪掉
to get the illusion they flew off.
来表现出它们飘走了的效果
When the pages of the book close at the end,
最后合上书的页面时
we had to flip each page, supporting it in each position
我们必须翻动每一页 在每一个位置支撑它一段时间
long enough to be photographed as an individual frame.
来作为单独的帧进行拍摄
We used binder clips, wedges, Fun-Tak,
可以使用活页夹 楔子 橡皮泥胶等
and almost every handy little thing you can think of.
你能想到的任何小工具进行支撑
Once all the individual frames were photographed,
所有单独的帧拍摄好后
we put them all together and composited
我们把它们放在一起进行合成
to make our pop-up book look like it’s moving on its own.
让立体书看起来像是自己在移动
So now, think of a special occasion
现在 想一个特别的场景
where you can surprise someone with your own unique pop-up card,
制作一本让某人惊喜的特别立体书吧
or an entire story that you want to tell,
或者构思打开合上它时的情景
and start plotting the ins and outs of your pop-up book.
来讲个完整的故事吧

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

如何制作立体书?如何制作立体书动画?

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

林邑

审核员

审核团1024

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZR_b753ZJ0

相关推荐