ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

离开城市生活比你想象的要难 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

离开城市生活比你想象的要难

Living Off the Grid is Harder Than You Think

这个家庭,告别了他们
This family went from living this urban city
财政稳定的都市生活,开始了一段离开城市的日子。
life with financial stability to boom, being off the grid.
我认为这不是
I don’t think that it’s something
许多美国人会去做的事情。
that many Americans could do.
那一段调整时期对你们来说是怎样的感受
What was that adjustment period like for you?
我们刚到这里的前几个月
For the first few months that we were here,
我们觉得一切不能更加顺利了。
we felt successes after successes.
这是我们用自行车提供动力的洗衣机
This is our bike-powered washing machine.
我在克雷格列表(网站名)上花了20美元将它买下
I got this off of Craigslist for $20.
我们在二手店里买了这辆自行车
We got this bike at a thrift store,
而且,我们可以自己选择齿轮,以便慢慢的
and we were able to select gears so that we can go kind of slow
让滚筒转动,然后我们也可以换成高速档
for a tumble, and then we can gear up
让衣服快速甩干并且分离
and go really fast to drain it and to spin it out.
孩子们在浴缸里洗澡,一周一次,在周末
The kids bathe in a bathtub once a week on the weekends,
然后,我和尼克也至少会在周日淋浴一次
and then Nick and I also shower at least on Sundays,
当然,如果需要的话,次数会更多
and more often if we feel like we need it.
我们在洗澡之前需要先盛水,就像
We carry water for the shower, just like we
我们会把所有的东西先放在脸盆里那样
carry everything in a basin.
我们在丙烷火炬上把水加热
We heat up water on the propane torch
再和冷水混合
and mix that together with cold water
得到合适的温度
until we have the temperature right,
然后,这混合的水会顺着水管
and then that mix will run through a hose
一路下滑,喷洒而出
downhill to the shower.
我的准则是不会在
My rule is that I won’t shower at anything
低于20度的水温下洗澡
less than 20 degrees.
我本以为这可能是不太好的事情
It’s something that I thought would be a disadvantage,
但实际上,却是很享受的过程
but actually it’s very enjoyable.
直到那年冬天,我们才遇到一些
It wasn’t until the wintertime that we met challenges
没法解决的麻烦
that we really weren’t able to surmount.
我从来没有试想过
I had not been prepared for how dark
在没有电的冬天,会是多么的黑暗
it is in the wintertime when you don’t have electricity
又会那么的影响一个人的情绪
and how that affects your emotions.
外面对于孩子们来说实在太冷了
It’s too cold for the kids to be outside very much,
所以我们觉得非常有必要把一家人
so we did have that sense of family cooped up
团在一个狭小的空间里
in small spaces.
它就这么披在你身上
It just wears on you.
它就是这么的沉重
It just got to be really heavy.
我希望你能冷静下来
I want you to calm down.
找找其他可以做的事情
Find something else to do.
除了折磨彼此,你们还能做点其他的什么
What else could you do other than torture each other?
那个时候,我觉得自己作为一个农场所有人,很是失败
And I had a few failures as a homesteader at that time.
我没能照顾好我的第一个蜂群
I had failed to take care of my first bee colony.
就是这里
There they are.
你也提到说,你曾和熊照过面
You also mentioned you had a confrontation with a bear.
当熊出现的时候,我的丈夫不在城里
So when the bear came, my husband was out of town,
而我正一个人照顾着我的三个孩子
and I was caring for my three children by myself.
我和别人没什么交流,所以我也不能呼叫谁
And I have no communication, so I couldn’t call someone
来救我
to come.
那个时刻,我不寒而栗
That was a scary moment for me.
这个是我们的狗用来喝水的碟子
So this dish that our dog drinks out of, it’s bent in from my
它被我用另一个锅子撞击的时候撞弯了
banging it against another pan when
当时我正试图把熊赶走
I was trying to get the bear to go away.
在那次事故之后,我就有了这把枪
I got this gun after we had the bear incident.
我对它有一种很复杂的情感。我们很少,甚至可能没有
I have very mixed feelings about it, and we rarely, if ever,
真正地上过膛
actually load it.
但我确实希望,在某个时间,
But I do hope at some point to gain the skills to be
我能够使用它
able to use it.
爱思特展现她非常勇敢和积极的一面
Esther puts on this very brave, optimistic face,
但是很明显,她曾经也度过了一段艰难的岁月
but it is clear that she has had a tough time here
并且对他们搬到这里的觉得做了再三的思量
and has second guessed their whole decision to move out
搬到这里居住的决定
here.
如果让你描述,你会怎么形容你的心情
How would you describe your emotional state
当你不得不面对这一切的时候
having had to deal with all of that?
在那个时候,我在想
At that point, I considered trying
就把这个自耕农的想法当做一次失败的经历
to hang up the homestead idea as a failed experiment.
你觉得,就这样了
You thought, this is it.
我们应该放弃
We should give it up.
我是觉得,我们差不多应该放弃了
I felt like we should give it up.
但是尼克从来没有想过放弃
Nick never felt like we should give it up.
我们只是需要重新调整一下优先顺序,再想想明白
We just had to reprioritize and figure out all over again
我们怎么样才能舒服
what we’re comfortable with.
我们许多次地改变我们的策略
We’ve changed our strategy substantially
在第二次进入冬天的时候
going into our second winter.
我试图将它视为一个缓慢
I’m trying to see things as a slower, more
而渐渐改善的过程
incremental process.
你的五年计划是什么
What’s your five-year plan?
恩,从现在起,五年内,我们肯定住进了房子里
Well, five years from now, we’ll definitely be in the house.
你们建造的?
That you’re building?
恩,我们建造的
That we’re building, yeah.
用这些树,建造的
Out of these trees.
我的丈夫是一个让人惊叹的手工匠
My husband’s an amazing crafts person.
他能为他的家庭准备一个居住的空间
His ability to make a space for his family to live in
这让人很满足
is really fulfilling.
我也听说,他会缝你的内衣
And I heard that he sews your underwear.
他会缝我的内衣
He sews my underwear.
是的,当然,他会
Yes, indeed, he does.
我这里有一件印着老虎的童装
I’ve got a kids t-shirt here with a tiger on it.
我们打算试着把底部作为中心点
We’re going to try and center it up right on the butt.
我在一件就内衣上找到了图案
I made the pattern from an old pair of underwear.
我仅仅是用孩子的记号笔在纺织品上做了记号
I just use a kid’s marker to mark on the fabric,
因为它很耐洗,我就这么自然地画出来了
because it’s so washable, it comes right out.
我相信在这世界上还有许多的事物
I think there’s plenty of stuff out there in the world,
所以,找到任何能找到的现成的材料,
so anything that I can do to take existing materials
并把他们做成些东西,这是我感兴趣的事情
and have them provide for us, that’s what I’m in it for.
你们觉得自己很奇特么
Do you guys think that you’re unique?
哦,不,我们一点都觉得奇特
Oh, I don’t think we’re unique at all.
我觉得我们就是潮流的一部分
I think we’re actually part of a current trend
迎接各种各样的生活方式
moving towards alternative lifestyles,
尤其是,还能自给自足
and particularly self-sufficiency.
你希望这样的生活模式会怎样影响的你的孩子们
How do you hope this lifestyle influences your children?
我希望这能有助于他们成为更为强壮,适应能力更强的
I hope that it makes them stronger, more resilient

people.
不久之前,麦罗,在学校
Not long ago, Milo, in school, was
被要求写信给某人
assigned to write a letter to somebody,
所以,他写了一份信给赛迪,写道
so he wrote a letter to Sadie saying,
我想和你一起待在家,我喜欢你们的家
I wish I could be at home with you, and I love our home.
对他来说,他很乐意交谈的话题之一
For him to make that one of the things
就是,他有多爱自己的家
that he’s happy to talk about is how much he likes his home.
对我来说也是一件很酷炫的事情
That’s been pretty awesome for me.
为了让这些顺利的运作,你花了多少心思
How much do you have riding on this for this to work?
我想,可能是我全部的心思吧
This is kind of everything that I have.
我甚至没有准备B计划
I don’t really have a plan B. I don’t
我不知道现在还能怎么回去
know how I would go back now.
我不知道自己还能不能再一次适应公寓的生活
I don’t know that I could live in an apartment again.
这对我来说就是一切
This is where it’s all at for me.
“离开城市的生活”是系列故事的一部分
“Going Off Grid” is a part of Seeker Stories.
如果想看我们展示的完整的内容,请订阅我们
To see all the stories we post here, be sure to subscribe.
谢谢观看
Thanks for watching.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述
听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

收集自网络

审核员

自动通过审核

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0Huy1547po

相关推荐