未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

在拉斯维加斯的秘密隧道里生活

Living In The Hidden Tunnels Of Las Vegas

[开场音乐]
[MUSIC PLAYING]
在整个拉斯维加斯峡谷下面 我们
We have about 600 miles of flood channels in the whole
有大约600英里的泄洪管道
Las Vegas valley.
2-3成隧道是埋在街道下方的
Two or three of the tunnels go right beneath the strip.
一部分被埋在市中心下面
A few go beneath the downtown area,
剩下的就埋在其他别的地方了
and then the rest are just everywhere.
你可以看见霓虹灯 40层楼的赌场
You can see the neon lights, the 40 story tall casinos,
以及灯火通明的大堂
the polished lobbies.
然而 在这些背后隐藏着一个人们
And then right beneath that is this dark and gray world
努力生存的黑暗世界
where people are just trying to survive.
我一个月大概去2-3次这些隧道
I go to the tunnels maybe two or three times a month,
只是去照顾一下那些人
just to check on people.
我开始了一项名为
I started a community project called
“ Shine A Light ”的公益项目 尽我所能尝试去帮助
Shine A Light to try to do what I can to help the people who
那些生活在隧道里的人
are living down there.
你准备好去看谁在里面了吗?
You ready to see who’s around?
我们出发
Let’s do it.
真吓人呀
Creepy.
这是一个被警示带缠着的毛绒玩具
It’s a stuffed animal wrapped in caution tape.
如果你半夜独自在这里走就会看到这些
That’s the kind of thing if you’re by yourself late
东西 它会吓你一大跳
at night walking and you see it, it can give you the chills.
Craig 是你吗?
Craig, is that you?
你能给我们简要介绍你的营地吗?
Can you give us a quick tour of your camp?
简单介绍一下
Just describe–
好的 我建造了这个地方
Well, I just made this up.
我把这个锁起来以确保风和空气能够流通
I locked this down to make sure the wind and air can
空气流量很大
come through, a pretty decent amount of air.
要是需要关起来就把这个放下来
You can lower this if you need to and shut it
这里很凉
It’s cold.
地板很凉
The floor is cold.
地板的温度能使食物保存时间更长一些
The floor is cold enough to keep the food preserved a little
这个你从垃圾箱里找的么?
You found this in a trashcan?
对 翻垃圾的时候找到的
Yeah, dumpster diving.
Craig是 一个翻垃圾的高手
Craig is one of the masters of dumpster diving.
就算他有一套公寓
Even when he had an apartment, he
他也会从垃圾箱里找东西堆满房间
would dumpster dive and furnish it with stuff he found.
我不想在别的地方无家可归 我觉得
I wouldn’t want to be homeless anywhere else, I would think.
在拉斯维加斯 眼不见 心不烦
Out of sight, out of mind here, in Vegas.
在这里独自居住
You’re left alone.
你保留着一些秘密 奇怪的是 在这下面居然会
You have some privacy, and strangely, a sense of security
有一种安全感
down here.
过得如何
How are you doing?
还不错
OK.
那还好
Yeah?
你呢
How are you?
还好
Good.
见到你真好
Good to see you.
你住在这多久了?
You’ve lived down here off and on for how long?
噢 我不敢想象
Oh, my god.
从2004年开始就住这了
Since 2004.

Wow.
可以回忆一下那个时候么
Take me back to that moment.
你住的房子有白色的尖桩篱栅 有幸福的家庭和孩子?
You lived, white picket fence, family, kids?
对 我刚来这的时候 原本以为
I came down here, and I expected it
这里很脏 阴暗潮湿 还有污水
to be dirtier, more humidity– raw sewage going through
之类的东西流过
or something.
嗯啊
Right.
我看到这以后
And I saw how it was.
我就喜欢上了这
And I was like, wow.
没我想象中的那么糟嘛
That’s not as bad as I thought.
我的家人选择什么
Whatever my man chooses or whatever,
我就接受什么
that’s what I want too.
他想要住在这 那么
If he wants to live down here, then I’ll
我就在这陪着他
live down here with him.
你能稍微介绍一下这么?
Can you give us a little tour?
这个地方收拾的很用心
This is one of the more elaborate camps,
你看这下面
you’ll see down here.
床架在这些购物车上
The bed is elevated on these shopping carts.
这是我的冰箱
That’s my refrigerator.
冰箱?
The cooler?
我把食物和水放进去
I keep the food, yeah, and water.
这不是赌场做的杯子么?
Aren’t those the coin cups from the casinos?
这个就是洗手间了么?
You use that as a bathroom?
这就是我们的洗手间 我们的厕所
That’s our bathroom, our toilet.
人们在这住的很舒服 有床
People get so comfortable living down here with their couch,
有牛奶箱子 有晾衣服的地方
and their milk crate, and their clothes hung up.
我觉得有时候他们
And I think sometimes, they almost
已经忘记了是住在泄洪隧道里了
forget that they’re living in a flood channel.
[过场音乐]
[MUSIC PLAYING]
上面写着 恐惧吧 撒旦停留 感觉美好是多么的糟糕呀
It says, aghast, the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is.
我觉着这是摘自 Milton的 Paradise Lost
I think it’s a line from Milton’s “Paradise Lost”
这些是一个叫 Ricky的人写的
that a guy named Ricky wrote on the wall.
他写的有点像诗 粗野的人 坚强的人
He’s a bit of a poet, a rough guy, tough guy.
也有一个敏感的魂
But he also has a more sensitive side.
对 这是一个轮盘赌的桌布
Yeah, this is a roulette table.
哇塞
Wow.
你把这个当做布帘么?
You use it just as a curtain?
对的
Yeah.
好主意
Wow.
啊哈 你还有个遮盖
You have a canopy, huh?
对的
Yeah.
它能保暖
This keeps you warm.
哇 你可以把它放下来
Oh, you can pull it down over?

Yeah.
这是一个薄床垫还是毯子
Is that a thin mattress or a few blankets?
这是两个麦当劳的托盘
Those are two McDonald’s crates.
这是他们上食物的托盘?
That they unload their supplies with?
对 他们没拿回去
Yeah, and they didn’t get back.
那么这些隧道吸引你的地方在哪呢?
So what is it about the tunnels that attracts you to it?
比如说 这里不要租金
For one thing, it’s free rent.
我知道我的将来 我已经50多岁了
I know my future, and I’m past 50 years old.
我进过监狱
I have extensive prison background.
我知道我找不到工作 这里没有任何体面的活给我做
And I know I won’t get no work, no decent work around here.
所以怎样
So what?
你觉得你没有任何未来可言
You feel you don’t have any future,
所以说你一点都不介意待在这里喽
so you just don’t mind staying down here?
除非你觉得我有比我想象中
Unless you could think of a better future than I
更好的未来
could think of.
在这下面 我发现让他们
And what I’ve discovered is it’s very tough to get someone
走出来非常困难
to come out literally into the light
他们不愿面对那些让他们无家可归的问题所在
and to face the issues that made them become homeless
或试图去改变这种状况
in the first place and to try to change and turn that
他们就这样的放弃了自由
around and give up the freedom.
这些住在隧道里的人对我很好
The people down here have been really good to me
他们欢迎我的到来
as far as welcoming me into their homes,
分享他们的故事
sharing their stories with me.
哪怕只是帮他们中的一个人
The thought part of helping just one of them
照顾他们一天
or brightening one of their days,
也让我充满动力
those are the kind of things that keep me going.
Seeker Stories下期预告
In another episode of “Seeker Stories,”
探求一种有争议的医学疗法是如何
find out how a controversial medical procedure
挽救生命的
is saving lives.
我们把健康的人的粪便加工处理
So we process stool from healthy donors
送到这个国家的各个医院里
and send it out to hospitals all over the country.
用这种方法治疗的人
The population that we’re treating this way,
也是万不得已
this is their last resort.
他们最少已经病了半年了
They’ve been sick for a minimum of six months.
这种方法治愈了他们
And this cures them.
我接触到的这种经典案例有九成
This classic case that I take care of has an over 90%
能够成功治愈
success rate.
想要看到更多有趣的故事 请记得关注我们
To watch more stories, be sure to subscribe.
谢谢收看
Thanks for watching.
[音乐]
[MUSIC PLAYING]

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述
听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

【ow】满满的爱

审核员

自动通过审核

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VLQkdq74kk

相关推荐