ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

旅行让你更懂祖国与世界 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

旅行让你更懂祖国与世界

Leaving America Makes Americans Better | Monologue | Topic

I love the idea that you can learn about your country by leaving it.
我喜欢这种想法 你可以通过离开你的国家来了解它
瑞克·史蒂夫的独白
瑞克·史蒂夫是一位旅游指南作家和电视主持人
One result of my travels is I am more confident than ever that
我旅行的结果之一 就是我比以往任何时候都更自信
this is my home when I come back to the United States,
当我回到美国时 我知道这是我的祖国
this is where I belong, I’m an American.
我的归属地 我是一个美国人
But because I’ve left it and looked at it from a distance,
但是因为我曾离开美国 从远处观望过这个国家
I’ve also learned that there are options to what we think are just Givens
所以 我也懂得了 即使是既定事实 我们也有选择的余地
and that it is really fun to take home what I think is the most beautiful souvenir.
也知道把自己认为最美丽的纪念品带回家 真的是非常有趣
And that’s that broader perspective and an implement at here
作为一个文明开化的美国公民
as an activated citizen of this country,
我们拥有更广阔的视野和更严苛的行事手段
I think that’s good citizenship.
我认为那是良好的公民意识
America has this super nationalistic confidence
美国有着超强的民族自信心
where a lot of well-educated people actually think we are exceptional,
在美国 许多受过良好教育的人认为我们是特别的
if you were raised thinking the world is a pyramid
如果你从小就认为世界是一座金字塔
with the United States on top,
美国位于金字塔的顶端
and everybody else should figure it out.
并且其他人都应该清楚这一点
When you go traveling,
当你去旅行的时候
you’ll realize the only thing exceptional about the population of the United States of America
你将会意识到美利坚合众国的人们唯一特别的地方
is our ability to think that we’re exceptional in God’s eye.
是我们有一种 自认为在上帝眼中很特别的能力
I think there’s a lot of fear in the United States
我认为在美国有许多可害怕的事情
and for a lot of Americans that’s scary to leave our country
对许多美国人而言 就是他们害怕离开自己的国家
I’ve thought about this a lot lately
关于这一点 最近我想过很多
and a fear really is for people who don’t get out very much
真正让那些不经常走出国门的人害怕的是
their worldview is shaped by watching commercial news media
他们世界观的塑造 是通过收看商业性新闻媒体
they look at some terrible event
他们看到一些可怕的事情
and they think that that part of the world is dangerous
然后就认为世界的那个地方充满危险
my worldview is shaped by sharing a meal with somebody who has a different religion
我的世界观的形成 则是通过跟拥有不同宗教信仰
and a different outlook who lives in a country
和不同世界观的人一起吃饭
with a different kind of government who was on the other side of the planet
他们居住在地球另一边 国家的政府类型各不相同
there’s a heck of a lot more good than there is bad
相比于弊端 好处则要多得多
and when we travel we celebrate diversity rather than being afraid of it
当我们旅行时 我们赞美多样性而不是害怕它
everybody doesn’t have the American Dream
不是每个人都有着美国梦
I have the American Dream, I like the American Dream,
我有美国梦 我爱美国梦
but my friends in sri lanka have the sri lankan dream,
但是我在斯里兰卡的朋友 有着斯里兰卡梦
and my friends and thailand have the thai dream,
我在泰国的朋友 则有着泰国梦
that’s a beautiful thing.
这是一件很美好的事情
Why wrote a book called travel as a political act
何不作书一本叫《作为一种政治行为的旅游》
and fundamental to that is those of us should travel.
书的基本内容就是介绍我们应该去旅游的地方
We come home, we try to help our neighbors recognize that
我们回到祖国 试图帮助我们的邻居认识到
we’re all in this together,
我们所有人都一起生活在地球上
and we can work with the other 96% of humanity,
我们能够和其他96%的人类一起合作
we can have empathy for people
我们可以同情他人
and then we can be not only better citizens of the planet,
然后 我们不但可以成为星球上更好的公民
but I think in a long-term safer and more secure in our own country.
我是从让我们国家更安全的长远角度考虑的
When I go to Egypt, when I go to the West Bank Palestine,
当我去到埃及 巴勒斯坦西岸
when I go to Cuba, people get to know in America
和古巴 当地的人们了解了美国
and it makes it tougher for their propaganda to demonize us,
这样他们国家想妖魔化美国的宣传 会更加困难
and when I come home,
当我回到祖国
it makes it tougher for our propaganda to dehumanize them,
美国想通过宣传把这些国家非人性化也会更加困难
and that is a fundamental benefit,
而这正是我们宣扬的根本利益
some people call it America bashing,
有人称之为美国的抨击
I call it America loving.
我把它称为美国的爱

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

走出国门看祖国,以世界性的眼光看待祖国,接受不同,学会包容。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

三十四

审核员

审核员XY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHQfTbRAYVg

相关推荐