未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

学习伙伴:与社区专家合作教学

Learning Partners: Co-Teaching With Community Experts

Brittany German:你会惊讶第五年级的学生能够学到的奇妙知识
>>Brittany German: You would be surprised at the amazing things
是你认为他们不可能会知道的
that fifth graders can learn that you would never think was possible.
他们的知识将超乎你最疯狂的想象
They will meet expectations beyond your wildest dreams.
Dave Miller先生::那么你怎么认为呢?
>>Dr. Dave Miller: So what do you think?
问题?
Questions?
他们很多,对吧。
Lots of them, right?
学生:对
>>Student: Yeah.
Dave Miller先生:从这个点到下一个点之间的尺寸有一个数
>>Dr. Dave Miller: So the dimensions from one point to the next has a number
在几英寸到1英尺几英寸之间
of inches or feet and inches.
Dave Miller先生:所以一些学习伙伴会把他们的专业知识
>>Dr. Dave Miller: So a learning partner is somebody that brings their own expertise
带到学校来有益于孩子们的学习
into the school environment for the benefit of the kids.
Brittany German:我们的一些学习伙伴每周都会来
>>Brittany German: Some of our learning partners come in weekly,
并和孩子们一起完成功课,做做实验,举办点活动。
and they do lessons with the kids, and experiments and activities.
他们肯定会给大多数孩子带来
They definitely give us a hands-on experience
不曾体验过的亲身(奇妙?)经历
that most kids will never get to be part of.
Nick:很酷,每当他来
>>Nick: Well, it’s pretty cool, whenever we have him come,
教授一些关于科学和相关道具的知识
he teaches about like science and stuff,
还有一些我们从未想过的事物。
and he always teaches us something we never have thought about.
Dave Miller先生:有什么东西
>>Dr. Dave Miller: What else isn’t going to be going
会在凌晨1点投射出一个影子。
on at 1:00 a.m. for making a shadow?
学生:太阳
>>Students: The sun.
Dave Miller先生:嗯哼~
>>Dr. Dave Miller: Ohhhh!
Brittany German:在一段时间过后我们都认识到了
>>Brittany German: I think after a while, we kind of all realized
我们不可能在每件事上都是专家
that we just really can’t be experts at everything.
为了给孩子最好的,(召唤学习伙伴)是我们可以做的
And in order to give the kids what’s best, this is the way we can do it.
把课本翻到“日晷”
>>And flip to the paper that says "Sundial."
其实是 Dave 先生提出了关于日晷的主意
>>Actually Dr. Dave came up with the idea of the sundial.
我们也很喜欢“欧耶,我们可以用这个来教数学、角度
And we’re like, "Ooh, we could teach math, we teach angles,
还有量角器。”
we could teach protractors."
于是,它当然成为了一个项目。
And so, of course it became a project.
McCauley女士教授了角度的课
So Ms. McCauley taught a lesson on angles.
四十五度(应该是要加度的吧)
>>Student: Forty-five.
Brittany German: 然后Dave教授了光的折射的课程
>>Brittany German: And then Dave taught a lesson on light refraction.
最后我教了地球自转的课。
And then I taught a lesson on earth rotation.
Tre:最开始我们学习了季节和太阳的位置的关系
>>Tre: Well, first we started learning about seasons and the position
就像春天白天更长
of the sun, and like, in spring we learned about how the days are longer,
与地球的倾斜有关
’cause the tilt of the earth.
Dave Miller先生:当你站在这里时,影子是最短的,
>>Dr. Dave Miller: Because when you’re standing here, your shadow’s the shortest.
所以夏天的影子是最短的。
Summertime shadow’s going to be short.
于是现在到了我们要教导他们
>>Brittany German: So now we’re to the stage where they’re going
如何把这些分散的知识组合在一起。
to take all those pieces and put them together.
我们假设这是我们日冕的中心
>>Dr. Dave Miller: And we decided this was going to be the center of our sundial.
我们找到哪里是北,然后找到哪里是东西
We found which way was north, then we found which way was east and west.
现在我们要根据方向画出一个椭圆
So this is how we’re going to make our ellipse.
然后给这个时钟放上标志(就是画个表)
And now what we’re going to do is put the markers for the hours.
8点的距离是多少?
What’s the distance to eight?
四英尺的八分之三到八分之七
>>Student: Four inches and three-and-seven-eighths.
四英尺。。。。
>>Dr. Dave Miller: Four feet–
就基于今天的课程,让我们来试着根据计划
>>Brittany German: So the basically the lesson today, let’s try to figure out kind
从这里开始来了解(指的亲身经历么)
of our plan, where we’re going to go from here.
你觉得我们设计的这个日晷或许
Do you think that maybe after we’re done designing the sundial
能让我们在外面用量角器
that we would be able to go out and use a protractor
找到不同的几个角度算到这个月不同的几天时间(你这个东西行不行哦,不得出差错嘛)
to find the different angles between the months?
告诉你将会发生什么
>>Dr. Dave Miller: Tell you what we’ll do
里面真正有用的只有我那个支点棒(他们做的没卵用,哥哥早就设计好了)
that might be real effective is I have that pivot stick.
真不错
>>Brittany German: Oh, yeah!
学习伙伴更能够让孩子深入地学习
>>Dana McCauley: Learning partners help the kids go much deeper in that content
相对于我们的教学而言
than we would ever be able to go.
作为一个学习伙伴,我会与他们分享我的个人经验
>>Sarah Deacon: As a learning partner, I can share personal experiences with them,
这能使他们对课程的内容有不一般的理解。
it exposes them to a different delivery of the curriculum content, really.
我们埋下植物种子,观察它的整个生长周期
We’re still covering the life cycle of a plant,
同时我们还用了不同的覆盖方法
we’re just covering it in a different way.

>> Okay.
从这些变化使孩子们了解土壤里都有些什么
>>Carrie Hordubay: The change in my kids from basic understanding of what soil is,
能够告诉我们土壤里的那些他们认为不在的营养物质。
being able to tell me what nutrients they think they’re missing.
Sarah在这当中是不可或缺的
None of that would have happened without Sarah.
她带给我们这些知识,并帮助我们发芽
She was able to bring us that information, help us deliver it,
和培养这些小科学家们
and help us build these little scientists.
通过我们的学习伙伴Sarah女士的帮助,
>>Student: We learned about which light on plants is the best.
我们知道了什么光对于植物是最好的。
Plus our learning partner, Miss Sarah.
到目前为止,我们清楚的知道黄色的光是最好的
And so far it’s been the clear and the yellow being the best,
因为这种光线能够更多地被植物吸收,这就是为什么它们生长得更好。
because more light’s getting in, so that’s why they’re growing better.
有时,我们会采用合作教学的方式,因为我们必须记住
>>Dana McCauley: Sometimes it becomes sort of a co-teaching, because we have to remember
学习伙伴并不是专业的教育工作者。
that these learning partners aren’t necessarily educators.
虽然他们有这方面的专业知识,但是你怎么
So they have all this content knowledge, but how do you bring it
去让8岁9岁的孩子去理解。
down to an eight- and nine-year-old level?
这是我们(老师)所擅长的
And that’s where our expertise is.
我们了解孩子
We know kids.
于是如果我们一直保持在20,那么我们只能得到这些结果
>>Carrie Hordubay: So if we continue to put 20 in, and we kind of get these results,
有什么是更好的事情么?
what would be a better thing to do?
或许在给20加10?
>>Student: Maybe ten do twenty?
这叫增量
>>Carrie Hordubay: It’s called increments.
你可以在哪里做个10并检查它。
Where you can do ten and check it out.
这就像一种合作关系
>>Sarah Deacon: It’s like a partnership.
所以我可能并不知道如何教他们计算的和平均的方式
And so I might not know how to teach them in a way that’s appropriate
是适合他们的
for their grade level, how to calculate and average.
但是她做到了
But she does.
135
>>Carrie Hordubay: A hundred and thirty-five.
学习伙伴可以用两种不同的方式教学。(有两种不同的教学方式需要学习伙伴)
>>Dana McCauley: Learning partners can be developed in two different ways.
一种是可能孩子们对在学校院子里看到的鸟感兴趣
So one way might be because the kids are expressing an interest in the birds
而老师并不知道关于鸟的知识,
that they’re seeing in the school yard, and the teacher doesn’t know anything
这就是我们需要去鸟类俱乐部的时候了。
about them, that’s when you turn to the Bird Club.
这会发生在任何他们看到和说到的地方。
It can also happen where they show up, and they say,
噢,我听说你有花园!
"Oh, I hear you have gardens!
你愿意帮忙么?
Would you like help with that?"
这听起来有些自私,不过对于我来说很有趣
>>Dr. Dave Miller: It sounds a little selfish, but it’s a whole lot of fun for me.
孩子们会玩得很开心
The kids make it fun.
学校使这件事变得简单
The school makes it easy.
来到这里这是我这一周的亮点
>>Sarah Deacon: This is like the highlight of my week, when I get to come here,
因为我完全变成了一个极客,和孩子们做很酷的科学实验,
’cause I get to just totally geek out and do really cool science things
他们真的非常兴奋。
with kids, and they’re really excited about it.
他们觉得她很棒。
>>Carrie Hordubay: They see her as really fantastic.
他们觉得她很聪明
They see her as incredibly smart.
她是一个女孩,还是一个科学家,她正在做的所有事
That she is a girl, she’s a scientist, and she’s doing all these things
孩子们都希望在学校能做到,他们觉得非常有趣。
that they are liking to do at school that they think is just fun,
他们觉得她做的事非常专业(有逼格)
they see her doing that as a profession.
他们鼓励我们在生活中做不平常的事
>>Tre: They inspire us to do different things in life.
噢,非常酷,就像个科学家。
>>Nick: Yeah, it’s pretty cool, acting like a scientist
想要像她一样
and being treated like one.
学习伙伴能够数以百万倍地提高学生的学习效率
>>Brittany German: Learning partners enhance the students’ learning by millions.
不是双倍,是百万倍!!
Double’s not enough.Millions.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述
听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

收集自网络

审核员

自动通过审核

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Tr6ebntTbw

相关推荐