ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

6分钟英语:关于制服 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

6分钟英语:关于制服

Learn to talk about uniforms in 6 minutes.

欢迎来到6分钟英语 接下来我们介绍
Welcome to 6 Minute English, where we introduce
一个内容丰富的主题和六个合适的词汇
a colourful topic and six suitable items of vocabulary
我是蒂姆
I’m Tim…
我是尼尔 你为什么戴着一个
And I’m Neil. Why are you wearing a
警察的帽子 蒂姆?
policeman’s hat, Tim?
为了让我更好的进入今天的主题
To get me in the mood for our topic today
制服!
uniforms!
好吧 这个帽子非常适合你
Well, the hat certainly suits you!
如果什么东西适合你 就是你戴着很好看
And if something suits you it looks good on you!
好吧 谢谢 尼尔 别开玩笑了
Well, thanks, Neil. And funnily enough,
我有个关于警察帽子
I have a question for you on the subject of
的问题问你
police hats!
在十九世纪 警察戴着高帽子
In the 19th century, police officer’s top hats
是用来……
could be used …
a) 站在上面
a) to stand on,
b) 作为武器
b) as a weapon
还是c) 防止头部晒伤
or c) to protect their heads from the sun?
好吧 那些帽子好像很尖 所以我
Well, they’re kind of pointy so I’m going
猜会作为武器
to say as a weapon.
好吧 我们来想一下制服主要是做什么的
OK. Let’s consider what the point of a uniform is.
为什么有些工作需要有些不需要
Why do some jobs have them while others don’t?
嗯- 警察 还有其他的紧急服务
Well – The police, and other emergency services,
像消防队和救护服务
like the fire brigade, and ambulance service
——他们需要实用的衣服来帮助他们
– they need practical clothes to help them
更好的工作
do their job.
人们也需要识别出他们
People need to recognize them too,
不是吗?
don’t they?
是的 没错 制服能够让人
Yeah, that’s right. A uniform makes people
在人群里更显眼
stand out from crowd.
如果某些东西很突出 就是很好认
If something stands out it’s noticeable
或者很容易被看见
or easy to see.
不过制服还给人一种——
But uniform also allows you to fit in –
它意味着属于一个特殊群体或
it shows you belong to a particular group or
组织 – 通常人们很喜欢
organization – and people often enjoy that
在一个组织里工作的感觉
sense of community at work.
你觉得我们是不是该考虑下做套6分钟英语
Do you think we should get some 6 Minute English
的T恤 尼尔?
T-shirts made, Neil?
嗯- 我们俩都没有团队T恤 却都有团体的感觉 蒂姆
Well, we share a sense of community without team T-shirts, Tim.
让我们听听文化历史学家乔·莫兰说的
Let’s listen to cultural historian, Joe Moran talking about
说为什么穿制服也能让你的
why wearing a uniform can also allow you
行为举止与平常不同
to behave differently to the way you normally behave.
文化史学家乔·莫兰:这是一个角色和一个流派
Joe Moran, cultural historian: It’s a role and a genre that you adopt
你采用这种——不是你自己的东西
and it’s kind of – it’s something that’s not quite you
这是一种穿在身上的形象
It’s kind of a persona that you can put on
在德国 他们称之为“maskenfreiheit ‘意思是自由赋予的面具
In Germany they call it ‘maskenfreiheit’ which is the freedom conferred by masks
我认为 在某种程度上  一个非常明显的角色或职业角色是
there’s something about taking on what is very clearly a persona or professional role
可以被释放出来的
that can be liberating, I think.
以当你穿制服的时候 你是在扮演一个角色或类型
So when you put on a uniform you are adopting a role or genre.
类型意味着一种特殊的风格
Genre means a particular style
人物角色是你向外界呈现的角色
And a persona is a character you present to the outside world
而不是你内心的角色
as opposed to the person you feel like inside.
乔.莫兰给角色戴上了面具
Joe Moran compares putting on a persona to putting on a mask.
他说这可能是一种解放
And he says this can be very liberating.
穿上制服是解放了我们
But do you really think
还是把我们从我们真正的人身上解脱出来?
putting on a uniform liberates – or frees – us from the person we really are?
也许 如果你害羞 例如
Maybe. If you’re shy, for example
制服可能会让人感到放松 因为它能让你表现得更有自信
a uniform might feel liberating because it allows you to behave more confidently.
所以 如果你可以选择一个制服和一个新角色
So – if you could choose a uniform and a new persona
那会是什么?蒂姆
what would it be, Tim?
嗯 我想成为航空公司的飞行员 我穿着带黄铜钮扣的运动夹克
Hmm. An airline pilot, I think. I’d look great in a blazer with brass buttons – and
带着有太阳镜的帽子 看起来很棒喂 我是机长 我们很快
with the cap and mirror sunglasses. Hello, this is your captain speaking. We’ll shortly
就会到达阳光明媚的洛杉矶机场 当地时间是12.55点 外面热得很
be arriving at LAX airport in sunny Los Angeles. Local time is 12.55 and it’s hot hot hot
所以我希望你带了足够的防晒霜
outside, so I hope you’ve packed plenty of sun cream.
好了 蒂姆 停停停停 我看得出你很想当飞行员
OK Tim, stop, stop, stop, stop, stop! I can see you’d love to be a pilot – or at least
——或者至少你很喜欢和乘客交谈!
you’d love talking to your passengers!
你呢 尼尔?你想试穿什么样式的?外科医生的工作服?
What about you, Neil? What would you like to try on for size? A surgeon’s scrubs?
修女服?
A nun’s habit?
“To try something on for size”意思是确定它是否是你想要的 不 蒂姆
To try something on for size means to decide whether it’s what you want or not. No Tim…
我想要一个厨师围裙 一条裤子  一顶高帽子
I’d go for a chef’s apron, checked trousers, a tall hat.
我觉得这套制服很适合你 但你擅长烹饪吗 尼尔?
I think the uniform would suit you, but are you good at cooking, Neil?
我是个出色的厨师 我想现在我们应该回答今天的问题 蒂姆
I’m an excellent cook. Now, I think we should have the answer to today’s quiz question, Tim
是的 我问过十九世纪警察的帽子可以用来做什么
Yes, I asked what a police officer’s hat could be used for in the 19th century.
我的答案是武器
And I said as a weapon.
我想答案是错的 从1829到1839 大都会警察都戴着一顶藤条加固的礼帽
Wrong, I’m afraid. From 1829 to 1839, Metropolitan Police officers wore a cane-reinforced top
可以用来攀登或看到围墙 我想知道现代的警察帽
hat, which could be used as a step to climb or see over walls. I wonder if modern police
是否够坚固?
hats are strong enough to stand on?
我们稍后再试试看 现在我们来复习一下今天学过的
We’ll try yours later and find out. But now let’s go over the other key words we
其他关键词
learned today.
好的 如果你觉得适合你的话 你穿起来会很好看 例如
OK – if something ‘suits you’, it looks good on you. For example, “Does this pilot’s
“飞行员的制服适合我吗 尼尔?”“
uniform suit me, Neil?”
这很适合你 蒂姆!这意思是它非常适合你
It suits you down to the ground, Tim! And that means it suits you very well!
第二 如果某东西“突出”  它是显而易见的或容易看到的
Number two – If something ‘stands out’ it’s noticeable or easy to see.
“我那套鲜艳的西装在晚会上很引人注目”
“My colourful suit really stood out at the party.”
我希望这是一个好方法!好的 下一条——“to fit in”意味着你属于某个特定的
In a good way, I hope! OK, next item – ‘to fit in’ – means you belong to a particular
的群体并且被他们所接受
group and are accepted by them.
“我从不和学校里那些酷酷的孩子相处”
“I never fitted in with the cool kids at school.”
听到这个消息我很难过 蒂姆!也许你没有穿着合适的制服?
I’m sorry to hear that, Tim! Maybe you weren’t wearing the right uniform? Number four is
第四个是“人格”——你向外界呈现的性格——而不是
‘persona’ – the character you present to the outside world – as opposed to the
你内心的感觉
person you feel like inside.
“我的工作角色是自信和健谈 但是我真的很害羞”
“My work persona is confident and chatty but I’m actually rather shy.”
我今天跟你学到了很多东西 蒂姆!
I’m learning a lot about you today, Tim!
这仅仅是例子 尼尔 我没有工作角色——这是我们工作的优点
They’re just examples, Neil. I don’t have a work persona – that’s the nice thing
——没有必要戴上面具或人物角色
about our job – there’s no need to put on masks or personas.
只是临时的帽子……
Just the occasional hat…
的确 还有一顶非常漂亮的帽子——我想我会保留它的
Indeed. And a very nice hat this is too – I think I’ll keep it. Now, let’s finish
现在 让我们完成词汇表!第五——“释放”意味着你可以表现出你喜欢的行为
the vocabulary! Number five – ‘liberating’ means feeling you can behave however you like.
例如 “公开讨论你的问题可能是非常自由的”
For example, “Talking openly about your problems can be very liberating.”
最后 “to try something on for size”意味着考查一些东西来确定
And finally, ‘to try something on for size’ means to test something to decide whether
你是否想要它
you want it or not.
我们的听众可以看看这些新词汇表是否合适然后确定
Our listeners can try these new vocabulary items on for size – and decide whether they’ll
它们是否有用!
be useful or not!
如果没有 那么请通过访问我们的TwitterFacebook 和YouTube页面
And if not, then please let us know by visiting our Twitter, Facebook and YouTube pages and
告诉我们你的想法!
telling us what you think!
再见!
Goodbye!,
再见!
Bye!

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

关于制度的含义和相关用语的解释和示例

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

tumbleweed

审核员

Yx

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcMhB1DD-Gg

相关推荐