ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

6分钟英语:关于锻炼 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

6分钟英语:关于锻炼

Learn to talk about exercise in 6 minutes

《6分钟英语》来自bbclearningenglish.com
6 minute English, From BBC learning English.com
【音乐】
[music]
尼尔:大家好 我是尼尔 欢迎来到
Neil: Hello, I’m Neil.
《6分钟英语》 在这里我们要激烈讨论
And welcome to 6 Minute English,
一个新的话题和六个相关词汇
where we vigorously discuss a new topic and six related items of vocabulary.
罗伯:大家好 我是罗伯
Rob: And hello, I’m Rob.
今天我们将要讨论的是剧烈运动
Today we’re discussing vigorous exercise,
以及成人的运动是否足够!
and whether adults take enough of it!
精力旺盛的意思是用大量的精力去做一些事情
Vigorous means using a lot of energy to do something.
尼尔:你一天要走多少步 罗伯?
Neil: So how many steps do you do in a day, Rob?
罗伯:多少步?我怎么知道 尼尔?
Rob: How many steps? How should I know, Neil?
要把他们都数出来是很难的
It would be pretty hard to count them all.
尼尔:噢拜托…你可以在手机上统计步数
Neil: Oh, come on! You can track steps on
我每天走一万步
your phone! I do ten thousand a day,
这显然是保持身材和健康的神奇数字
which is the magic number for keeping fit and healthy, apparently.
罗伯:除非你是慢慢的走 是吗 尼尔?
Rob: Not if you saunter, Neil, surely? Sauntering
来回从沙发走到冰箱
from the sofa to the fridge and back,
或者从房子走到车上
or from the house to the car.
尼尔:我从不漫步 罗伯
Neil: Well I never saunter, Rob.
漫步的意思是慢慢走
Saunter means to walk slowly.
而且你还得到冰箱那来回好多趟才能达到一万步
And you’d have to make a lot of trips to the fridge to clock up ten thousand steps.
要想获得充足的运动
To get some vigorous exercise,
你需要走出去
you need to get out and about
并且以轻快的步伐绕着公园一圈圈的走…
– round the park at a brisk pace…
罗伯:轻快意味着快走和充满活力
Rob: Brisk means quick and energetic,
与漫步相反
the opposite of sauntering.
好吧 尼尔 你能回答我
OK, well, perhaps you can you tell me, Neil, how many people aged between 40 and 60
有多少年龄在40到60岁之间的人 每个月快走都不到10分钟?
do less than ten minutes brisk walking every month?
是…A:4%
is it… a) 4%,
B:14% 或者 C:40%?
b)14% or c) 40%?
尼尔:我想要说是…
Neil: I’m going to say…
4% 因为十分钟很短的!
4% because ten minutes is such a short amount of time!
罗伯:确实 现在我还有一个问题要问你 尼尔
Rob: Indeed. Now, I’ve got another question for you, Neil.
为什么运动如此重要?
Why is exercise so important?
运动它听起来很无聊
Because it sounds pretty boring –
数步数 去健身房 在机器上跑步
counting steps, going to the gym, running on a machine.
尼尔:是的 但是当你运动的时候
Neil: Well, when you exercise, you stimulate
会刺激身体的自然修复系统
the body’s natural repair system.
如果你锻炼 你的身体会更年轻!
Your body will actually stay younger if you exercise!
罗伯:听起来不错
Rob: That sounds good.
尼尔:运动还能降低
Neil: Exercise also lowers your risk of developing
你患心脏病 癌症和糖尿病等疾病的风险
illnesses such as heart disease, cancer, and diabetes.
罗伯:嗯 我现在有点担心了 尼尔
Rob: Hmm. I’m getting a bit worried now,
但是我没有足够的时间每天走一千步…我太忙了!
Neil. But I don’t have enough time to do a thousand steps every day… I’m far too busy!
尼尔:好吧 罗伯 现在可能是听 茱莉亚·布拉德伯里节目的好时候
Neil: Well, Rob. Now might be a good time to listen to Julia Bradbury.
她是一位电视节目主持人和户外步行爱好者
She’s a TV presenter and outdoor walking enthusiast who
她将解释她是如何在忙碌的生活中创造步行时间的
will explain how she builds walking into her busy life.
朱莉娅·布拉德伯里:我会步行去参加会议
I will walk to meetings, instead of catching a bus
而不是乘公共汽车 出租车或者开车
or getting a taxi or a car into meeting,
如果我在工作日无法创造步行时间
And I will also, if I can’t build
如果我哪天没有会议要参加
that into my working day, if it’s a day
而是在家里带孩子
when I haven’t got meetings and I’m
我也会抽出时间
maybe at home with the kids, I will take the
我会用儿童车带着孩子出去
time – I will take my kids out with the
而且每天至少花30到40分钟
buggy and I will definitely do 30-40 minutes
去公园 去商店
at least everyday. Going to the park, going
在途中买东西
to the shops, picking up my
并且把它融入我的生活
things up on route, and really sort of building
走楼梯而不是乘电梯
it into my life. Taking the stairs and not
所有这些小的决定
taking lifts, all of these kinds of little
都会逐渐累积起来
decisions can incrementally build up to create
在你每天的时间里
more walking time in your
创造出更多的步行时间
day.
罗伯:因此 如果你想把某种东西融入你的日常
Rob: So if you build something into your
或者你的生活
day – or your life – you include it from
那么你从一开始就要养成习惯
the beginning.
尼尔:茱莉亚·布拉德伯里已经把徒步融入她的日常
Neil: And Julia Bradbury has built walking
尽管她也很忙
into her day. Even though she’s very busy
罗伯!你应该向她学习!
too, Rob! You should learn from her!
罗伯:所以她走路而不是开车或乘公共汽车
Rob: So she walks instead of driving or taking
走楼梯而不是乘电梯
the bus. And takes the stairs instead of the
我可以做这些事情
lift. I could do those things.
尼尔:你确实可以——在你了解之前
Neil: You could indeed – before you know
你已经走了上万步——因为
it, you’d be doing ten thousand steps – because
你每天步行的数量会
the amount of walking you do in a day builds
逐渐递增
incrementally.
尼尔:递增意味着逐渐增加
Rob: Incrementally means gradually
嗯 好的 我想在结束之前
increasing in size. OK, well, before I think that over,
也许我可以告诉你
perhaps I could tell you the answer to today’s
今天测试题目的答案?
quiz question?
尼尔:好的 你问我 有多少年龄在40到60岁之间的人
Neil: OK. You asked me: How many people aged
每个月都做不到十分钟的快走
between 40 and 60 do less than ten minutes brisk
选项是:
walking every month? The options were:
A:4% B:14% 或者 C:40%?
a) 4%, b) 14% or c) 40%?
罗伯:你说是4%
Rob: And you said 4%. But I’m afraid it’s
但恐怕实际上是40%
actually 40%. And that’s according to the
这是英国的政府机构英国公共卫生局
Government body Public Health England here
提供的数据
in the UK.
尼尔:哦 天呐 这比我想象的要多得多
Neil: Oh dear, that’s a lot more people
但这并不那么令人惊讶
than I expected. But it isn’t that surprising
如今所有年龄段的人都过着久坐不动的生活方式
– people in all age groups are leading more
我们的工作都是久坐不动的
sedentary lifestyles these days. Our job is
这意味着它需要长期坐着
very sedentary – which means it
而不是运动!
involves a lot of sitting and not much exercise!
罗伯:好吧 当我们复习今天学的词汇时
Rob: Well, I might just run on the spot while
我可能会当场逃跑
we go over the new vocabulary we’ve learned today.
尼尔:好计划
Neil: Good plan.
首先 我们听到了“vigorous ”
First up we heard ‘vigorous’
这意味着要花很多精力去做一些事
– which means using a lot of energy to do something.
【跑步的声音】
[Running sound]
罗伯:嗯 “我正在现场
Rob: OK. “I am running vigorously on the
全力奔跑!”
spot!”
尼尔:很好的例子!很高兴看到你做些剧烈的运动
Neil: Great example! And good to see you taking
第二项——“saunter”
some vigorous exercise! Number two – ‘saunter’
意味着以轻松的方式慢慢走
– means to walk slowly in a relaxed way.
“当我看到罗伯
“When I saw Rob, I sauntered over to say
我慢慢走过来打招呼”
hello.”
罗伯:嗨 尼尔 第三项——“brisk”
Rob: Hi Neil. Number three – ‘brisk’
意味着快速而充满活力的
means quick and energetic.
尼尔:“每天做些轻快的运动
Neil: “It’s important to take some brisk
是很重要的”
exercise every day.”
罗伯:对!我开始意识到
Rob: Yes! And I’m beginning to realise that
这可能是对的
might be true.
尼尔:是的!我认为今日份的慢跑已经够了
Neil: Yep! I think you’ve done enough jogging
罗伯 你大概已经
for today, Rob. You’ve probably done about
走了一百步了
a hundred steps.
罗伯:这就够了?好的 第四个
Rob: Is that all? OK, number four – if you
如果你想把某物融入某事
‘build something into something’ – you
你应该从一开始就养成习惯
include it from the beginning.
尼尔:“有规律的锻炼
Neil: “It’s important to build regular
对你的日常生活很重要”
exercise into your daily routine.”
罗伯:非常好的建议 第五是“incrementally ”
Rob: Very good advice. Number five is ‘incrementally’
意思是逐渐增大
which means gradually increasing in size.
尼尔:增量是形容词
Neil: Incremental is the adjective. “The
”该公司一直在对其薪酬结构
company has been making incremental changes
进行增量调整”
to its pay structure.”
罗伯:那是不是意味着我们要加薪?
Rob: Does that mean we’re getting a pay
尼尔:我不信!最后 第六项
rise? Neil: I doubt it! And finally, number six
“sedentary ”意味着久坐不动
– ‘sedentary’ means sitting a lot and
例如
not taking much exercise. For example, “It’s
这种久坐不动的生活方式对你的
bad for your health to lead such a sedentary
健康有害”
lifestyle.”
罗伯:充分意识到了 尼尔!好了
Rob: Duly noted, Neil! Well, it’s time to
现在该走了 但是如果今天的节目鼓舞了
go now. But if today’s show has inspired
你走出去做更多的运动
you to step out and take more exercise, please
请告诉我们 可以通过访问我们的推特 脸书
let us know by visiting our Twitter, Facebook
和YouTube页面
and YouTube pages and telling
并告诉我们有关它的故事!
us about it!
尼尔:再见!
Neil: Goodbye!
罗伯:拜拜!
Rob: Bye bye!

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

如何把锻炼融入到我们的日常生活中去!?

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Lily

审核员

审核员GK

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKzpnVWdZ70

相关推荐