未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)

每日3分钟简单英文表达52:回到正确的路上

Learn English: Daily Easy English Expression 0052 -- 3 Minute English Lesson: to keep me on my toes

大家好 欢迎来到E³
Hello everybody, welcome to E cubed.
今天我们要学一个非常好的表达方式
Today we have a really good expression.
使某人保持警觉
To keep someone on their toes.
我已经写在这里了 使我保持警觉
I wrote it down here, to keep me on my toes.
使他保持警觉
To keep him on his toes.
使她保持警觉
To keep her on her toes.
使他们保持警觉
To keep them on their toes.
你也可以这样说
You could say that too.
注意发音 使我 使我 使他 使他
Pronunciation, keep me, keep me, keep him, keep him.
如果我们说得快 就没有“H”的音了
If we say it fast, no H.
使她 使她在我
Keep her, keep her on my.
记住美式发音 使我 使他 使她
Remember the American pronunciation, on my, on his, on her.
但是如果我们说得很快的话 使他保持警觉
But if we say it fast, keep him on his toes.
使他保持警觉 使我保持警觉
Keep him on his toes, keep me on my toes.
使她保持 使她保持 使她保持警觉
Keep her on her, keep her on her, keep her on her toes.
我们可以去掉所有“H”的发音
We can get rid of these H sounds, all of them.
使某人保持警觉
Keep someone on their toes.
那是什么意思呢 在他们的 嗯
What does that mean? On their, on, er
我们都有脚 你知道的 就像这里
We got feet, you know, this is, this is, er, like a foot here.
而且现在我们有了脚趾
And now we get the toes.
就是这样 这是我们的脚 我们的脚趾
Yeah, so if we, this is our foot, this is our toes.
如果我们 我不知道警觉 就像
So if we, I don’ t know, toes. Would like
嘿 我在我的脚趾上 这就是这个句式的意思吗
Hey! I’ m on my toes. Is that what this expression means?
当然不是
Of course not.
使某人保持警觉的意思是
To keep someone on their toes means
去强迫某人集中注意力 使某人保持警惕
to force them to concentrate, to make them be alert.
例如 在办公室里
So, for example, at the office,
如果老板离开了 每个人就会放松
If the boss is gone, everybody is relax
每个人都在睡觉 你知道的
everybody is sleeping, you know,
在网上冲浪 玩电子游戏
surfing in internet, playing video games.
但是 只要老板一出现
But! As soon as the boss shows up.
每个人都会变得警觉起来 每个人都很专注
Everybody is very alert, everybody is concentrating,
每个人都在努力工作
everybody is working hard.
他们很警觉 很专心
They are very alert, they are concentrating.
当我开车的时候
Now. When I drive.
我会很注意安全
I’ m a pretty safe driver.
我会很仔细地看路
And I usually watch the road very carefully.
但是
But!
如果是在雪天或是雨天
If it’ s a snowy day or really rainy.
我就会变得很警觉
Then I’ m really on my toes.
非常警惕
I’ m very alert.
我很清楚地意识到
I’ m very conscious of what conscious of
当前的情况
what is going on.
所以这就是
So this is the idea to keep
使某人保持警觉的意思
someone on their toes.
当我开车时
The weather is keeping me on my toes
天气使我保持警惕
when I drive.
我的老板使我保持警觉
My boss keeps me on my toes.
你明白了吗
Do you understand? [fizz]
听下面的对话
Listen to the dialogue
也许你就明白了
Maybe you’ ll get it.
-你的拼写错了
-Your spelling is wrong.
-哪儿-这儿
-Where?-Here.
-你写成了”practise”
-You wrote “practise”,
-但是应该是”practice”才对
-but it should be practice, “practice”.
-哦 谢谢你纠正了我的拼写
-Oh! Thanks for keeping me on my toes.
有趣的是
Now, what’ s interestimg,
这个人纠正了
this person is keeping me on my toes
我的拼写
about my spelling.
不过有趣的是在美国
But what’ s interesting is in America
我们说”practice”
we say “practice”.
作为一个动词 也作为名词
As a verb and as a noun.
只有在英国
Only in the U.K.
他们用”practise”作动词 “practice”作名词
Do they say practise verb as “c” noun.
但是我的一些英国朋友告诉我
But some of my British friends had told me
所有人差不多都用”c”
that everybody kind of use it as “c”.
所以我也不清楚
So I don’ t know..
有太多答案了
There are many answers.
但在美国
But in America.
Practice既是名词
Practice, “c” as a noun
也是动词
“c” as a verb.
就我所知 在英国
As far as I know, in the U.K.
Practise是动词
Practise “s” is a verb.
而Practice是名词
Practice “c” is a noun.
所以 希望
So, hopefully
这对你有所帮助 我会在这儿提醒你
That will help you and I’ m here to keep
注意英语方面的问题
you on your English toes.
如果你看到我犯了错误
And if you see me make a mistake.
请你也同样帮我纠正
Then you, please, keep me on my toes.
好吗
OK?
让我们再试几次
Let’s try it a few more times.
-你的拼写错了
-Your spelling is wrong.
-哪儿-这儿
-Where?-Here.
-你写成了”practise”
-You wrote “practise”,
-但是应该是”practice”才对
-but it should be practice, “practice”.
-哦!谢谢你纠正我的拼写
-Oh! Thanks for keeping me on my toes.
一起说
Say it together!
-你的拼写错了
-Your spelling is wrong.
-哪儿-这儿
-Where?-Here.
-你写成了”practise”
-You wrote “practise”,
-但是应该是”practice”才对
-but it should be practice, “practice”.
-哦!谢谢你纠正了我的拼写
-Oh! Thanks for keeping me on my toes.
最后一次
Last time.
-你的拼写错了
-Your spelling is wrong.
-哪儿-这儿
-Where?-Here
-你写成了”practise”
-You wrote “practise”,
-但是应该是”practice”才对
-but it should be practice, “practice”.
-哦!谢谢你让我的拼写变成正确的
-Oh! Thanks for keeping me on my toes.
谢谢你的观看并关注我的Twitter coachshane各位保重哦
Thanks so much for joining, for watching, and for the THUMNS UP! Follow me on Twitter: coachshane.Take care, everybody.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

这是一个关于英语的视频,讲述的是一个常用的英语语法点。

听录译者

Andy

翻译译者

猫猫酱.

审核员

审核团V

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRDTj1tIBek

相关推荐