ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

6分钟英语:关于文化差异 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

6分钟英语:关于文化差异

Learn about cultural differences in 6 minutes

尼尔:欢迎来到6分钟英语
Neil: Welcome to 6 Minute English. In this
在这次的节目中 我们会带来一期极具表现力的话题
programme we bring you an expressive topic
和6个词汇的表达的方式 我是尼尔
and six items of vocabulary. I’m Neil.
提姆:我是提姆 在节目开始之前
Tim: And I’m Tim. So, we had an argument just before
我们发生了争执
we started the show.
尼尔:是的 提姆 但是请别见怪
Neil: We did, Tim. But no hard feelings?
提姆:没有 请别见怪是当你
Tim: None. No hard feelings is something you say
和某人有了争执然后你仍想和他做朋友
to somebody you have argued with to say you’d still like
而说的话
to be friends. We often fall out
我们经常在傻兮兮的事上争论
over silly things.
尼尔:就像是谁来介绍节目的事
Neil: Like who’s going to introduce the show.
提姆:或者谁选择小测试的问题
Tim: Or who’s going to choose the quiz question.
尼尔:但是重要的是我们懂得对方
Neil: But we understand each other. That’s the important
是吧 与某人争执
thing, isn’t it? To fall out with somebody by the
是与某人争吵或者反对他们的另一种说法
way, is another way of saying to argue or disagree
你知道你在吵架的时候
with them. Did you know that you wave your arms
会常常到处挥舞你的手臂吗 提姆
around a lot when you’re arguing, Tim?
提姆:不 我不知道
Tim: No, I didn’t know I did that.
尼尔:那不太像英国人的作风
Neil: That isn’t very British.
提姆:我知道 用肢体动作
Tim: I know. Using gestures, or movements you make
或者用你的手或者头做动作
with your hands or your head to express what you are
来表现你的想法或感受
thinking of feeling is common in some
这在某些国家常见 在其它的国家却不那么常见
countries but not in others. Then there are
有一些动作 比如摇头
some movements, like shaking your head, which
主要表示不 但在一些国家可能表示相反的意思
mostly means ‘no’ but in some countries can mean the
尼尔:是的 在哪些国家摇头表示是呢
opposite. Neil: That’s right. In which country does
提姆 哪一个国家
shaking your head mean ‘yes’, Tim? Is it?
A.希腊
a) Greece,
B.日本 或C.保加利亚共和国
b) Japan or c) Bulgaria?
提姆:我不知道 我猜是希腊
Tim: No idea. I’ll guess Greece. I do know that
我知道在印度 人们用摇头代表
in India people shake their heads to mean
很多不同的意思
lots of different things.
尼尔:有很多动作你都需要注意
Neil: There are plenty of gestures you need to be
当你遇见和与其他人打招呼时
careful with when you’re meeting and greeting people
特别是当你在和不同的文化的人打招呼的时候
from a culture that’s different to
要避免冒犯到别人
your own, to avoid offending people or making an
或者做出尴尬的失态行为
awkward faux pas.
提姆:如果你失礼了 那意味着
Tim: If you make a faux pas it means you say or
你在社交场合做或者说了一些尴尬的事
do something embarrassing in a social situation.
举个例子 我们在生活中常用的翘大拇指的手势
For example, our every day use of the thumbs-up
也许会冒犯到中东的人
signal might offend people from the Middle East.
尼尔:冒犯意味着让某人生气
Neil: And to offend means to make somebody angry
或者沮丧
or upset.
提姆:让我们听一下商业教授艾琳·梅尔
Tim: Let’s hear now from Business Professor Erin
讲述误解他人是多么容易
Meyer talking about how easy it is to misunderstand
为什么在人们不属于同一个文化的时候
why some people behave the way they do in everyday
一些人的日常的行为表现是那样的
situations when we don’t belong to the same culture.
艾琳·梅尔教授:前段时间 当我在迪拜的时候
Professor Erin Meyer: A while ago I was in Dubai
我的一个埃米拉蒂的学生
and one of my Emirati
在一个会议结束后开车送我回家
students was driving me home after a session and the
她的车在灯下停下了 然后她摇下了车窗
car stopped at a light and she rolled
她开始对着窗户外的某人大叫
down her window, and she started shouting at someone
这个人
outside of the window. This guy
正带着一大箱的布过街
was crossing the street with a big box of
然后他也开始朝我们大叫
cloth. And he started shouting back, and she
我的学生打开了车门 他们开始互相指指点点
opened up the door, and they started gesticulating and
对着对方大叫 然后我想
shouting at one another. And I thought,
天哪 他们真的是吵得不可开交
wow, they’re having a huge fight, I thought
我想他都快要打我的学生了
maybe he was going to hit her. And she got
然后她走回了车 我说 你们在吵什么呢
back in the car, and I said, well, what were you fighting
她说 哦不
about? And she said, ‘Oh no,
我们没有吵架 他在给我指到你旅馆的方向
we weren’t fighting, he was giving me directions to
我就想这真的是一个
your hotel. And I thought that was a great example of
其它文化的人可能会误解其他人
how someone from another culture may misperceive or
的行为是在吵架 而实际上他们只是
misunderstand something as a fight when in fact they
在表达情感
were just being emotionally expressive. ‘
尼尔:指指点点是什么意思
Neil: Gesticulating. What does that mean?
提姆:这就是我之前做的事
Tim: It means what I was doing earlier! Waving
到处挥舞你的手臂 来表现你的感觉
your arms around to express what you’re feeling.
尼尔:艾琳·梅尔很担心是因为
Neil: Erin Meyer was worried because her student
她的学生和街上的一位男性在大叫
and the man on the street were shouting and
并且双方还在对对方指指点点 她认为
gesticulating at each other. She thought they
他们吵得不可开交 而实际上
were having a fight when in fact they were
他们只是表现得过于激烈了
just being emotionally expressive.
提姆:而有表现力意味着
Tim: And expressive means showing what you think
表现出你的想法或者感觉
or feel.
尼尔:提姆 你在点头表示赞同
Neil: You were nodding in agreement, there, Tim.
这让我想到了我们的小测试问题
Which reminds me of our quiz question. In which
在哪个国家摇头表示是
country does shaking your head mean
是在 A.希腊 B.日本 还是C.保加利亚
‘yes’? Is it? a) Greece, b) Japan or c) Bulgaria?
提姆:我说的是希腊
Tim: I said Greece.
尼尔:我想那是个错误的答案
Neil: That’s the wrong answer I’m afraid. The right
正确的答案是保加利亚 在一些欧洲的东南地区
answer is Bulgaria. In some Southeastern European
像是保加利亚和阿尔巴尼亚的南部
areas such as Bulgaria and southern Albania,
摇头用来表示 是
shaking your head is used to indicate ‘yes’.
在那些地区
In those regions, nodding in fact means ‘no’
点头实际上也意味着不
as well.
提姆:好的 我希望下次在我遇见来自欧洲东南地区的人时
Tim: OK, I hope I remember that next time I meet
我能记住这一点
somebody from Southeastern Europe.
好的 我们能够回顾一下今天学过的单词吗
OK, shall we look back at the words we learned today?
尼尔:请别见怪 是当你
Neil: No hard feelings is something you say to
和某人在一场游戏或者比赛中发生争执后
somebody you have argued with or
你们仍想
beaten in a game or contest to say you’d still like
作为朋友 而你对他所说的话
to be friends.
提姆:举个例子 我总是回答得对小测试的问题
Tim: For example, I always get the quiz questions
不像你 尼尔 但是请别见怪 好吗
right, unlike you Neil. But no hard feelings, OK?
尼尔:这不是一个太真实的例子 提姆
Neil: That’s not a very realistic example, Tim,
但是无所谓了 第二点
But I’ll let it go. Number two… to fall out
与某人争执意味着与他们
with somebody means to argue or disagree
争吵或者不同意他们的意见
with them.
提姆:我与我在学校最好的朋友发生了争执
Tim: I fell out with my best friend at school.
我们整整一周都没有和对方说话
We didn’t talk to each other for a whole week!
尼尔:那肯定是一个非常严重的分歧
Neil: That must’ve been a serious disagreement,
提姆 你们当时在吵什么呢
Tim! What were you arguing about?
提姆:我记不住了 那是很久以前的事了
Tim: I can’t remember. It was a long time ago.
第三点 示意是你用手或者头
Number three, a ‘gesture’ is a movement you make with
的动作来表现
your hands or head to express what
你的想法或者感受
you are thinking of feeling.
尼尔:她大大地伸展她的双臂
Neil: She opened her arms wide in a gesture
来表示欢迎
of welcome.
提姆:或者使用动词 我示意尼尔
Tim: Or the verb: ‘I gestured to Neil that we only
我们只有一分钟来说完我们的节目
had one minute left to finish the show!’
尼尔:真的吗 提姆 你在点头
Neil: Is that true, Tim? You’re nodding your head,
但是我们也应该提一下指指点点这一说法
but we should also quickly mention ‘gesticulate’ which
这表示用你的手或手臂
means to make gestures with your hands
来做动作
or arms!
提姆:失礼是你在社交场合
Tim: A ‘faux pas’ is saying or doing something
说或者做出一些尴尬的事
embarrassing in a social situation. For example, I
举个例子 我在昨晚的聚会上失态了
committed a serious faux pas at a party
我太尴尬了
last night that I’m too embarrassed to tell
现在都不好意思和你说
you about!
尼尔:天哪 提姆 我希望你没有冒犯到太多人
Neil: Oh dear, Tim. I hope you didn’t offend too
冒犯是我们的另一个表示
many people – ‘offend’ is our next word and it means to
让某人生气或者沮丧的词汇
make somebody angry or upset
提姆:你已经给了我们一个很好的例子了
Tim: Well, you’ve given us a good example already,
尼尔:所以让我们说一说我们的最后一个词语 有表现力的
Neil, so let’s move on to the final word – ‘expressive’,
这表示表现出你的想法或者感觉
which means showing what you think or feel.
尼尔:提姆有一张非常具有表现力的脸
Neil: Tim has a very expressive face.
提姆:谢谢 这里有另外一个例子
Tim: Thanks! Another quick example – ‘I waved my
我意味深长地挥舞双臂示意尼尔
hand expressively to signal to Neil that it
现在是时候结束节目了
was time to finish the show.
尼尔:收到提姆的暗示 今天的节目就是这样
Neil: Taking my cue from Tim, that’s all for
但是别忘了看看我们的Instagram
today. But please remember to check out our Instagram,
Twitter Facebook和YouTube的页面
Twitter, Facebook and YouTube pages.
两人:拜拜
Both: Bye!

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

关于文化差异大家会有哪些看法呢?让提姆和尼尔带我们从三个角度来分析文化差异带给我们的一些好玩或者令人吃惊的事吧。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Claire_Aut

审核员

sf

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTPZWpQ9pbA

相关推荐