未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

莱拉·阿里 | 拳王阿里的女儿

Laila Ali | My Turn | ELLE

许多人猜想我成为一名职业拳击手只是因为我的爸爸是
Most people assume that I became a Professional Boxer, simply because my father was Muhammad
穆罕默德·阿里
Ali.
我是莱拉·阿里 现在轮到我了
I’m Laila Ali, and this is My Turn.
事实上 我并不真正想让自己去从事拳击 直到我在电视上看到有关女性拳击的节目
I didn’t actually want to box, myself until I saw women boxing on television.
那时 我很吃惊 我很兴奋 我有一点疯狂 我了解它
And in that moment I was suprised, I was excited, I was a little mad that I didn’t know about
并不早
it sooner…
我开始的也并不早
I didn’t start sooner.
在我决定成为一名职业拳击手之前 事实上我一直在学校
Before I decided to become a professional boxer, I was actually in school full time,
当时我经营一个美甲店
and I was running a nail salon.
然后我得逐一应对那些问我为什么不做拳击的人
Then I had to deal with everyone telling me why I shouldn’t do it.
你太漂亮了以至于不能去从事拳击…
You’re too pretty to box…
女性不应该做拳击 你是穆罕默德阿里的女儿 这只是作秀吧?
Women shouldn’t box…You’re Muhammad Ali’s daughter…Is this just a publicity stunt?
当我加入的时候 女性拳击还是一项新的体育项目 我们并没有看到许多推广者
Being that Women’s Boxing was such a new sport when I entered it, we didn’t see a whole lot
推动女性进行这项运动 即使她们很努力 并且和男性拳击手
of promoters, promoting females even though they were working hard, and was just as talented
同样有天赋
as the male fighters.
我们必须更加努力地练习拳击 只是为了能够得到同等的工资 或者任何一次上节目的机会或者其他任何
We would have to fight much harder, just to make equal pay or any airtime or anything
之类的东西
like that.
当你是一名运动员 训练非常努力 并且处在精英的水平还在努力训练的时候
When you’re an athlete and you work so hard at an elite level, you
你想让你的粉丝们能够看到你
want your fans to be able to see you.
有时我都做好准备要放弃了 但是接着我又决定坚持下去 因为
I was ready to quit at times, but then I decided to stay in it…because I really wasn’t ready
我还没有真正做好放弃的准备
to stop.
我妈妈鼓励我要遵从自己的内心 她使我觉得我可以做好任何我想要做的事情
My mom encouraged me to follow my heart, she made me feel like I could do anything that
并且可以取得成功 只要我愿意投入到我所从事的
I wanted to do and be successful at it, as long as I was willing to put in the work that
工作中
it took.
我女儿六岁了 我已经在为她准备我所知道的
My daughter is 6 years old, and I’m already preparing her for what I know is inevitably
将来不可避免要发生的事
going to come.
百分之八十的女性感觉这个是老一套了 她们感觉就像她们被社会安排到某个角色中
80% of women feel stereotyped, and they feel like they’re put into certain roles, and expectations
她们被社会寄以厚望
by society.
我的女儿就要长大了 她将会意识到外面有许多陈规旧习
She’s going to grow up and she’s going to realize that there are a lot of stereotypes
她会意识到人们将会去尝试着把你放在一个固定的模式里 但是我尝试了而且以身作则
out there, that people will try and put you in a box…but I try and lead by example.
她看着我做电视主持人 看着我作为作者去写书
She’s watched me do television hosting, she’s watched me write books as an author, she’s
她看到我在厨房做饭 她见证了我参加烹饪比赛 因此她知道
sees me in the kitchen cooking, she’s seen me in cooking competitions, so she knows that
我可以做到每个女人可以做的 我打算鼓励我的女儿去做同样的事
I can be every woman and I’m going to encourage my daughter to do the same.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

拳王阿里的女儿为女性拳击事业而努力,同时以身作则给女儿做榜样

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

lenore

审核员

ccz

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPdTkJ4SCbk

相关推荐