未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

变废为宝:疫情期间为妻子建造爱心办公室

Junk Cabin: Secretly building my wife a COVID office

2020年三月 第一次新冠疫情封城

澳大利亚 金黛维克
So I’m about to embark on my most ambitious venture yet.
我现在将开始最艰巨的冒险
What do you think, May?
你觉得怎么样 梅?
In fact, I’m doing it with May because she can’t talk yet, so she can’t give it away.
实际上 我打算和梅一起建 因为她还不会说话 所以不会泄露
I’m going to try and build an office for my wife, without her knowing.
我打算悄悄给我的妻子建一个办公室
[music]
[音乐]
Junk cabin
废料小屋
It’s going to be an office that I’ll put up in the paddock,
我将在围场建这个办公室
but I’ve got to try and do it between time during this whole lock down period.
但我得在整个封城期间努力建好它
Can you hear Helen up there? Can you hear your Mama?
能听见海伦在上面吗? 能听见妈妈的声音吗?
So, May and I are just here underneath the house, or almost
所以梅和我就在房子下面 基本在下面
We’re gonna do some inventory of wood to see what I’ve got here to build it with.
我要清点一下 看看我这有什么木材能用
– I reckon we’ve got this, no worries.
-我想我们的木材够了 不要担心
We don’t want Helen to hear all this activity.
我们可不想让海伦听到这些动静
– And then put flooring, and then put the walls up,
-然后铺地板 再把墙建起来
– and the big front window. What do you think?
-接着是前窗 你觉得怎么样?
[chuckles] – good one.
[轻声笑] -很好
This is a fun project because I’ve got to use what is on the property.
这是个有趣的项目 因为我必须用我家现有的材料
Stuff I’ve salvaged over time.
我一直囤着的东西
I shouldn’t really leave the farm unless I have to.
不到万不得已 我不会出农场
The hardware store is the last resort.
五金店是万不得已时的最后手段
I’d love to get it done before Helen’s birthday and without her finding out.
我想赶在海伦生日之前搞定 不让她发现
And I don’t want to do anything too noisy in front of the baby.
我并不想在宝宝面前做任何太吵的事
That’s the rules
那是我的原则
Between here, what’s in the little barn and what’s under the house, we’ve got more than enough.
小仓库里的加房底下找的 材料完全够啦
So then, for the next month we’ve got to say that there’s nothing interesting in the paddock whatsoever.
所以我们下个月得说围场没任何有趣的东西
– And try and hide it from her.
-我们试试瞒着她
I’ve got some good splinters in my hands.
我的手被一些木刺扎了
So on your left, you’ve got your ceiling joists,
左边是天花板托梁
on the middle part you’ve got a lot of your stud work,
中间是很多壁骨木
and then on the right hand side some more stud work,
然后右边还有一些壁骨木
and some base and top plates.
以及一些顶板和底板
– Alright love, we need to find four big rocks to sit the office on.
-好 亲爱的 我们得找四个大石头来支撑屋子
– That’s a goodie.
-那石头不错
I’ve had these rocks for about five years..
我这些石头已经放了有五年了
[puffing] Oh that’s a real good one
[喘气] 哇 石头好大
..but never with a use for them.
但从来没有用过它们
– Oh golly.
-天呐
Filmmaking with a baby is hard,
和一个宝宝一起拍短片真不容易
especially when you’ve got to do it in secret.
尤其是你必须要悄悄地拍
[tractor]
[拖拉机]
Helen’s still away, she’s away having afternoontea with my mother,
海伦还不在 她去和我妈喝下午茶了
who I’ve had to make it in on the secret.
我得瞒着她悄悄建
I’ve got to sweat up and I haven’t done a thing, other than just try and get here.
我得开工了 除了到这儿来 我还没做一件事
So here’s our plot, right in front here, underneath the oak tree. It’s beautiful.
这前面就是我们的场地 在橡树底下 很美
And so I don’t know where it’s gonna go, I’m just gonna feel out around now,
我还没想好在哪里建 我就到处看看
where this four by two and a half meter thing goes.
这个4米×2.5米的场地要落地在哪里
What an exciting project.
多棒的项目啊
[working]
[工作中]
I think I’ve gonna make the switch. That rock should be that rock,
我认为得交换一下这石头和那石头的位置
coz that rock’s bigger than that rock,
因为那个石头比这个大
and that’s higher, so that should go there.
而且那个更高 所以应该放到这里
I think that makes sense.
我觉得很有道理
I feel like I’m having an affair!
我觉得像有了外遇一样
Just going hell for leather trying to get away with something,
为不被妻子发现而受惩罚 躲躲藏藏
in a time I shouldn’t be doing it.
很快我就不用这样了
See how it works!
看看现在的情况
Once you’re happy with your foundation and you square this thing up,
一旦你觉得地基令你满意 你就摆平了它
then it’s just carpentry, then it’s just building.
然后就是木工活 接着就是搭建
So I’m going to quit while I’m ahead,
任务预先完成 我打算离开
and get the tractor, and me, out of the paddock,
开拖拉机离开这个围场
and go and make it look like I’ve been drinking tea or
然后假装我刚才在喝茶
pulling weeds voraciously or something.
或者疯狂地除草之类的
[music]
[音乐]
[drilling]
[钻孔]
So I’ve only just done 20 minutes to bring some of the big beams up.
我刚花了20分钟 把一些大的横梁木运了上来
I really want to get moving on this foundation with what timbers I’ve got,
我真的很想用我现有的木材来搭建地基
coz I don’t have the length of timbers that I thought,
因为木材没我想的那么长
so I’ve just got to make it up as I go.
所以我只能顺其自然
[tractor]
[拖拉机]
Helen just drove past pretty slowly, down along the bottom edge of the property
海伦刚才慢悠悠地开车从我家下边开过去
I gotta pretend I’ve been cloud watching, or something.
我就得假装看云或干别的
I’ve been given a get out of jail card, I think,
我觉得我不用停工躲着海伦了
coz Helen’s been up here and saw the rocks,
因为海伦刚才到这 看见了这些石头
and she said ‘what are the rocks for?’
然后问‘这些是干嘛的?’
and I said ‘um, I’m gonna set up a place to dry timber’,
我说 ‘额 我打算建一个晾晒木头的地方’
and she said’that’s a great idea’..
她说 ‘这主意不错’
[chainsaw]
[电锯]
..So that’s what this is!
所以 事情就是这样的!
I’m just going to kind of go with it!
我将计就计了
Look at that. Some days you just get things right.
看看吧 有时事情误打误撞
Awesome.
太棒了
[various work sounds]
[各种工作杂音]
– OK I need to take this measurement.
-好啦 我要进行测量了
– Can I take this measurement? Can you take Sophie?
-我能进行测量吗? 你可以拿索菲吗?
Never work with animals or children.
可别和动物还有孩子一起干活
– Although darl, you make this very fun.
-但宝贝 你把整个过程变得很有趣
I have a real love affair with wood, I must admit..
我得说 我真有外遇了 对象是木头
I love the stuff.
我喜欢这玩意儿
It’s worth all the toil.
再辛苦都值得
Scavenging from some dumpster somewhere,
在某个垃圾箱里淘宝
storing under the house,
把东西存放在房子底下
denailing, moving, shifting..
去除钉子 移动 改造
..because finally a project like this comes along.
因为总有一天 会像今天一样有用武之地
[insects chirping][music]
[虫鸣][音乐]
– How big’s our tarp? Almost the size of the cabin.
-我们的防水布有多大? 和小屋尺寸差不多大
What I’m about to do now is, I’m going to unpack the trailer for all the studs.
我现在要做的是 卸下拖车上所有壁骨木
The foundation’s done, flooring is not.
地基打好了 地板还没好
She’s my apprentice and this is the apprentice helper,
她是我的学徒 这是学徒助手
because um, you know just sitting around gets a bit boring,
因为 额 你懂的 光坐在这有点无聊
watching Dada TV.
看爸爸频道
two four six
两个 四个 六个
About ten days tilI Helen’s birthday.
离海伦生日还有十天
One, two and three studs.
一根 两根 三根立柱
[various tool sounds]
[各种工具声音]
I really enjoy making things.
我很享受制作东西的过程
And especially when you start, not quite knowing if you’ve got all the stuff.
尤其是刚开始 不确定材料是否都准备充分
[chuckles]
[轻笑]
But I can’t afford to muck around too much, I think rain’s on the way,
但我不能浪费太多时间 我觉得马上就要下雨了
and there’s only so much disappearing in the field I can do.
总消失不见跑到这边来该被怀疑了
Anyway, see how this goes!
不管怎样 看现在的成果!
[wood shuffling]
[木头移动摆放]
[drill]
[钻孔]
Helen just walked past with the baby, talking to herself.
海伦刚刚抱着宝宝走过去 自言自语
I’ve been telling her I’m in the little barn.
我一直跟她说我在小仓库那边呢
Yeah that was close.
差点被发现了
[various tool sounds]
[各种工具声音]
I suspect Helen knows something a bit odd is going on
我觉得海伦知道事情有点奇怪
but she’s so busy at work I think she’s not giving it much of a thought.
但我认为她工作很忙 不会对此想太多
Which is good for me and progress,
这对我和工程进展有利
and good for her business because she propels her business and
对她的事业也有好处 因为她在开展自己的事业
this is none of her business.
这事不用她操心
Not yet.
至少现在还不用
And the wood itself is beautiful. Better than what you can buy at the hardware now,
木材特别漂亮 比你现在在五金店买的材料还赞
the grain is so magnificently tight and straight,
纹路极其细密整齐
80 years worth of growth in my left hand.
我左手里是80多年的木头
This is Australian hardwood,
这是澳洲硬木
you can see that gorgeous grain there, it’s a little bit more funky,
你可以在这看到漂亮的纹理 这个要别致点
there’s probably 40 years.
这个大概有40多年
So I’m working with the most magnificent of timbers, really old trees.
我用的是最漂亮的木材 木料是真的老
And if I get my cotton socks on I reckon I should have it up by the end of the day.
如果我穿了棉袜 我今天之内可能就把框架立起来了
Very satisfying seeing all this wood that I’ve kept under the house for years
我很开心见到我多年以来囤在房底的木材
bucked up and all sized and, ready for its new life.
焕然一新 按尺寸排好 准备迎接它们的新生
I’ve just put a real good gash in my finger.
我刚才在手指上划了一道很深的伤口
I mean a real good gash.
伤口真的很深
Bad technique.. rushing.
方法不好 匆匆忙忙的
It’s a..
它是一个
Yeah, it’s nasty.
是的 看着挺吓人
So I think I’m beaten for the next 20 minutes.
所以我想接下来的20分钟我会力不从心
so I just feel like I need to chill out, Beaudy.
所以我只是觉得我需要放松冷静
I’m having to take out these little wedges on the end,
我得把末端的小木块去掉
it just all takes time, it’s more stuff to do, you know?
你知道吗 这要花些时间 要做更多事情
Well, I lied, I haven’t been down to get my finger fixed.
好吧 骗了你 我还没有包扎我的手指
It’s bleeding out nicely, it’s a nice wound.
血不停地流 挺严重的伤
[hammering]
[敲击]
There comes a time in every cabin’s life where you’ve got to put it up.
小屋总会有被搭建起来的那一刻
[inspiring orchestral music]
[欢快的管弦乐]
[wood clunking]
[木头发出的咚咚声]
[drill]
[钻孔]
So I was just up here,
所以我呆在这
finishing off for the day, thinking that I’d gotten away with another day, but no.
结束一天的生活 想着我又隐瞒了一天 但并不是
The great reveal is here!
真相大白!
I start walking up the hill and I thought you’d built a platform to dry wood,
我刚爬上山坡时 我想起你为晒木头建了个平台
and then I see basically a small room that you’ve built!
然后我就看见你建的其实是个小屋子
-what do you think baby? -she knew about it.
-宝宝 你觉得怎样? -她知道这事
So what, tell me the story! This is a shock and a really exciting one,
发生了什么 给我讲讲 这个太令人震惊兴奋了
Amazing! Like how have you done this? When?
太棒了 你大概是怎么做的 什么时候做的
Uh I’ve done most of pre-cutting down at the little barn,
我在小仓库干了大部分的木材裁切活
so that I could just go boom in a big hit.
这样我就能一下子搭起来
So by tomorrow I’ll have the roof and tin on,
明天我就把屋顶和铁皮装上去
and that’s when I was going to reveal it to you as full three-sided building.
之前我想等明天再向你们展示这个完整有三面墙的屋子
[laughing] Oh my god that’s awesome!
[笑声]天呐 那太酷了
It’s got a stove and all sorts of things.
会有一个暖炉并且应有尽有
This is amazing!
这太棒了!
Yeah so I haven’t spent a dollar it’s all the whole lockdown project.
对 所以我没花钱 这是个完全的封城项目
But when? Is this what you’ve been doing outside,
但什么时候? 这不该在户外做吗?
when you’ve been pottering in the barn?
你在仓库的时候就在做了?
Yeah, every time.
对 每次都是
You know what would be so awesome,
你知道哪里可以说很酷吗
although it’s probably completely impractical,
尽管这可能完全不实用
I would be able to see that tree from inside.
但在里面我就能看到外面的树了
The rafters are labelled 1to 5.
房梁标注了1到5的数字
-Can I have number 1 please? -Where did you number them?
-能递给我一号吗 -你在哪标注了数字
-On the very ends, yeah, flip it over. -There’s no numbers.
-在末端 对 翻过来 -这没有数字
There are, but..
有的 但
Helen’s Mum: Your insulation batts will go in here?
海伦妈妈:隔热层你要安这里?
Well yeah but Boo Beau was wondering.. if there’s tin on the outside.
对 但他想能不能就在外面安上铁皮
I’m just going in what I would imagine would be your order… so check.
我才想起你需要我帮些什么 我看看
I don’t get where you’ve numbered these?
我没找到 你标的数字在哪里?
No, number 2. Number 2 darl.
不 这是2 亲爱的
-Is this not number 2? -No, number four.
-这个不是2吧 -不 这是4
-Darl, you’ve got the raft around the wrong way.
-亲爱的 你把房梁拿反了
yeah the notch goes..
这个刻痕朝
Helen’s Mum: Beau’s on a mission, you can tell!
海伦妈妈:Beau肩负着使命 你能看出来!
You’re either on a building site or you’re not.
你们心思能说在工地 也能说不在
Well we’re a little bit half-assed on the building site
我们在建筑工地有点摸不着头脑
[laughing] You are.
[笑] 的确是这样
-Ok, I’ve got that the wrong way. -Yep!
-好吧 我弄错了 -对的!
I know I’m turning it around
我知道了 我在调转方向
Hit that on the way through
穿进的时候搭那
I nearly knocked the place down
我几乎都要撞上了这个地方
-Is the camera on? -Yeah
-摄影机还开着? -对
[laughing] Oh god
[笑] 天呐
[various tool noises]
[各种工具声音]
[music]
[音乐]
I need a nice long bit that goes from one corner of the building to the other,
我需要有屋子对角线那么长的木材来加固
for bracing, so that when the wind blows it doesn’t just fall down.
这样当刮风时 小屋就不会倒
[drill]
[钻孔]
Since Helen’s come on board, she wants a window on the western wall.
海伦也加入了 她想在朝西的墙上安个窗户
[drill]
[钻孔]
So, she jumped on various online marketplaces, and got this for free, locally.
所以她登录各种网上市场 在附近免费得到了这个
We went picked it up and it’s cheapper
我们自己取回来的
for some one to take it away for free,
比让别人送付人家小费
than someone to take to the tips so
免费拿走更便宜
it was full of rot which is what I’ve cut out.
腐坏的地方到处都是 不过我给去掉了
Made a door into a window.
把门作成了窗户
I’m gonna make the frame out of old door jambs from my local high school,
我打算把从高中学校得来的门框作为窗框
like all of the stud work in the actual cabin.
就像壁骨支撑屋子 窗框也支撑着玻璃
Like any good building project,
和每个好的建造项目一样
it changes once you take on board, someone else’s opinions.
当你采纳他人意见时 原计划就改变了
[chainsaw]
[链锯]
Especially someone who loves light,
尤其是某些人喜光
and Helen’s got a really good design mind,
海伦有很棒的设计头脑
and so whatever she wants from this point on,
从这一点说 无论她需要什么
she can have.
我都愿意给她
[various building sounds]
[工作声音]
Boom! Look at that!
哇哦!看那里
Might be the last of our fine weather for a few days,
这可能是这些天来最后一次晴朗的天气
so we might come up and tarp this tomorrow, what do you reckon?
所以明天要做好它 盖上雨罩 你觉得呢
[May sneezes]
[梅打喷嚏了]
Yep!
我也觉得
A whole bunch of insulation for the back side of the cabin
屋子背面的隔热层
from horse chaff bags.
就用马糠袋做
My little sisters they feed this real fancy stuff to their horses
我妹妹用这些优质饲料喂马
and I use these bags for tree surrounds, or recycling or whatever.
我用这些袋子包裹树 循环使用 或做其它的
They’re just really good hearty bags.
这些袋子是真的很好用
It’s been a super rewarding process.
整个过程让我感到很值得
And I can finally take my foot off the gas.
我终于不用那么着急赶工了
One, because Helen knows, and two, I don’t really want to finish.
因为海伦知道秘密了 再者我不是很想结束
It’s been so nice walking up the hill to come to work, you know
走上山坡去干活的感觉特别棒
Two-thirds of which was secretive and intense.
2/3的搭建过程是秘密进行的而且还挺紧张
And I’m limping through with what I’ve got at the house, as you can see
我拖着在房底找的东西艰难前行 如你所见
I’ve got a bit of a patchwork quilt going on here with the last wall.
最后一面墙我做了一些拼接工作
So I’m at this stage now where I really want to slow things down
所以我现在处于想慢下来做事的阶段
because i’ve really enjoyed this
因为我真的很享受慢下来的过程
The building has served its own purpose
这个建筑已经实现了自己的作用
as a job and as a reward and something to do
它既是一份工作 也是一份奖励 是件要做的事情
I think she’s put on a kilo since this project began.
我觉得从这个项目开始到现在 她胖了一公斤
Winter’s here too. Winter’s turning, the leaves are turning.
冬天也到了 天气转凉 叶子也变了
[drill]
[钻孔]
The cows are in the paddock.
牛群在围场里
At this stage it’s cost zero,
干到这一步 花费为零
other than buying materials in the past
和以前买材料不同
that haven’t been used for whatever I bought them for.
我以前专门买的材料反而没有专门被用
There’s realistically, probably about three or four hundred dollars worth of materials
实际上 在建屋子的某个阶段
that I’ve paid for at some stage in this building.
我用了以前大概花了三或四百澳元买的材料
[music]
[音乐]
[power tools]
[电动工具]
Everything else is just me collecting it over all those years, and making it.
其他的就是这些年收集的材料 然后加工加工
It’s immensely satisfying, I can’t say that enough.
整个过程很令人开心 妙不可言
To know how much use this is going to get,
为弄明白这能有多大用处
and serve a purpose for writing and filmmaking
也是为了记录和录视频的需要
and you know we have this beautiful timber made, mostly timber made,
我们就有了这个漂亮的木制的(大部分是木制)
steel clad, box, sitting on the top of a hill under a tree.
金属覆盖的箱屋 坐落在山顶的一颗树下
That will get used for decades now, hopefully more.
应该能使用数十年 我希望更久
I have to sometimes stop myself when I’m building things
我在建些东西的时候 有时得停下来
and remind myself that I enjoy it, I really enjoy the process of building
告诉我自己 我真的很享受建造的过程
and it’s not just always a sprint to the finish.
还有建造这个并不总是一蹴而就
I really want to enjoy these last few, sort of processes,
我真的想要享受最后的几道工序
of putting the last few bits of tin on.
把最后这几个镀锡铁皮安装上去
This amazing space to work.
这个绝妙的工作室
[drill]
[钻孔]
[reflective music continues]
[背景音乐]
Under the oak trees as the leaves turn to winter.
在冬天叶子凋零的橡树下
Yeah getting a bit desperate…
情绪变得有点低落了
..taking timber out of the barn, even though
把木头从仓库中取出
it’s just temporary to use in the cabin
尽管只会暂时用在小屋里
That is the life of the salvaged timber man.
这就是咱囤木料人的生活
I’m shuffling around wood from one project to the next,
我把木头从这个项目拆下来用到另一个项目
they’ve gone from a temporary work site, to temporarily bracing the barn,
它们来自临时搭建的工地 后来又暂时用于加固仓库
to now being permanently used in the cabin on the hill.
到现在能永远在山上的小屋发挥自己的价值
[drill]
[钻孔]
[music]
[音乐]
[various tool sounds]
[各种工作声音]
[relaxed music]
[舒缓音乐]
[chainsaw]
[电锯声]
That’s just beautiful.
这简直太美了
[various tools]
[各种工具]
Oh Boom! Sing it to me!
电锯 开工吧!
Like anything that’s second hand it takes longer,
好像二手的东西更耐用一些
because you’ve got to make things work.
因为你得让它发挥价值
So nothing’s as easy when you work with junk wood.
所以老旧木材二次利用并不是那么容易
It’s all been de-nailed
木材都要去掉钉子
Rot’s been cut out.
去除了腐坏部分
So the deck is five different types of timber,
所以做平台的五块不同的木材
five different thicknesses.
有五种不同的厚度
I always surprise myself,
我总是能给我自己惊喜
coz I kind of resist the funky nature of building at the start.
因为我原先排斥这种新潮另类的建筑类型
I just wanted to use all of one kind of wood
我只想统一使用一类木材
because it’s so much easier..
因为这更简单
but I way prefer the look of that!
但真香 我超喜欢它现在的样子
[music]
[音乐]
I think I’ve got a soft spot for this building already.
我觉得我已经对这个小屋倾心了
I think it might be the best thing I’ve ever made.
我觉得它可能是我最好的一个作品
It’s a product of 10 years worth of scavenging stuff
它由囤了十年的闲置品改造而成
that other people have thrown out, or I’ve found on the side of the highway, or
这些物品或被他人扔弃 或被我在公路旁找到
or it’s hand me down, or I’ve over ordered.
或是现成的二手货 或是我订多了剩余的东西
It’s an absolute mongrel, but it’s a beautiful little building!
它是绝对的废品合成品 但很精致漂亮
And just quietly, I think Helen loves it.
而且很清静 我觉得海伦喜欢它
May will no doubt do some dodgy stuff here with her friends, over the years.
之后多年 梅也无疑会和她的朋友们在这里调皮捣蛋
I think it’s win-win.
我觉得这使我们各得其所
[music]
[音乐]
It’s all come together to create something that is really functional,
所有的东西组装在一起 成了特别实用的新事物
and, you know, represents this time of lockdown,
而且代表了这段封城时光
and now Helen has an office on the property.
现在海伦有一个居家的办公室
What a little beauty!
多美丽的小确幸!
小屋建造材料清单
A little junk made cabin,
一点废品成就了一个小屋
made during COVID 2020,
2020新冠疫情期间制作
half of which my wife didn’t know about,
有一半的建造过程我妻子不知道
for about 60 bucks!
用60美元左右
Two boxes of screws.
买了两盒螺丝
I just couldn’t limp through,
我实在是不忍心
putting the deck down on all the other hodgepodge screws that I’ve got.
用我手头各式各样的螺丝来钉平台
And Helen bought them.
螺丝还是海伦买的
So it didn’t cost me a penny!
所以我没有花一分钱

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

疫情封城期间,丈夫为给妻子过生日,利用多年攒下的废旧物品,悄悄动手为妻子搭建爱心工作室,各类废品也发挥了价值。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

eadahhow

审核员

审核员BUSY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzSeGJF6RhM

相关推荐