未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

日本生活质量:我家在东京的生活情况

Japanese Quality of Life: My Family's Experience in Tokyo

大家好
Hello, world.
我时常被问及我在日本的生活如何
I often get asked: how’s life in Japan?
而他们的言下之意是
What I think they’re really asking
日本的生活质量如何
is what is the quality of life like?
我居住在世界上最大的都市区 东京
I live in Tokyo, the biggest metropolitan area in the world.
那里的生活是否劳碌不得闲呢
It’s got to be a hectic life, right?
我的答案很简单 我在日本拥有了一个属于自己的小家
The easiest answer I can give is: I bought a house.
生活的质量取决于诸多因素
There’s a lot that factors into quality of life:
如健康 家庭 教育 环境
health, family, education, environment,
社会归属感 娱乐 闲暇时间
social belonging, recreation and leisure time,
以及一连串的经济问题影响着生活的开销及标准
and a bunch of financial stuff that influences the cost and standard of living.
在接下来的视频里 我将会聚焦财务方面
I will focus on the financials in a follow-up video.
但是在此之前我会简要介绍一下
But let me address it briefly at the start of this one.
对于上班族而言 买一套房子不在话下
Working professionals can afford to buy a home,
同时还能满足日常的生活需求
and have all their primary needs taken care of.
想要纵情作乐的生活呢
An extravagant lifestyle?
那是不可能的 但他们可以维持收支平衡
No, but they have the ability to make ends meet
因为从家到这个大都市的市区即东京仅需一个小时
while living within an hour’s commute to the center of the mega city, that is Tokyo.
首先介绍的是日本中产阶级的生活方式
Let me paint the picture of what a Japanese middle-class lifestyle looks like.
我们拥有一个安身之所
We have a roof over our heads.
实际上房子是我们的
In fact, we own it.
但也是银行的
Well, the bank does.
摁下按钮
Press the button.
再试试
And do it once.
给我钥匙
Now give me the key.
-那我们以后就住在这啦-是的
-So we will live here today?-Yeah
-真的吗-从此以后这里就是我们的家了
-What?-It’s our new home from today.
太棒了 我想上去 我要第一个上
Yeah. I want to go. I want to go first.
我知道现在这就是你们的家了
I know it’s in your house right now.
你们是 这是你们第一次来这里吗
Is it your… This is your first time to this place?
我们的餐桌上会有美味佳肴
We always have food on the table,
净水 电力 煤气 暖气 空调
clean water, electricity, gas, heat, air conditioning,
网络 手机
internet, smartphones,
虽然还没有烤箱 洗碗机 但至少有个烘干机
no oven, dishwasher are dedicated drying machine though.
孩子们可以在免费的公立学校上课以及用午餐
Kids go to a free public school where lunches are made in-house.
但我们需要支付约2美元一顿的餐费
Although we do pay for that, like 2 dollars a meal.
放学后孩子们会参加一些课外活动
After school, the kids partake in extracurricular activities,
例如美术课和体育课
such as art classes and sports.
我们有健康中心 当然这需要付款
We have health care. We’re required to pay for it.
不过这里医疗普遍 所以我们不会被拒之门外 况且他们的医疗水平也高
But it’s universal. So, we can’t be denied access, and the quality is good.
对了 孩子们看病是免费的哦
Did I mention kids are free?
从看家庭医生 牙医及验光师到拿处方药都不需要出一分钱
From visits to the family doctor, dentist and optometrist to prescriptions.
我们没有车 但我们大概买得起
We don’t own a car. We could probably afford it.
因为在东京 私家车的作用微乎其微
But the benefits are so little within Tokyo
尽管在我看来 汽车算是奢侈品
that I feel it’d be a luxury expense,
特别是孩子们步行上学
especially since the kids walk to school.
我的妻子有公司班车接送
And my wife has her commuter pass paid for by her company,
总体而言 班车接送是大多数公司所常有的
which, in general, is what most companies do.
至于娱乐方面 通常为免费或实惠的活动
For fun, well, it’s mostly free or cheap activities that we do,
如逛公园 拜访亲人及朋友 参加节日庆典
like going to parks, visiting family and friends, catching up festival.
我们正要去的是大型钱汤
We are going to super sentōs,
这是一个很棒的公共浴室 而且每人消费不足10美元
which are nice public bathhouses that cost under $10 a head.
最大的非基本开销
The biggest non-essential costs we have
便是在外就餐以及乘坐公共交通工具出门
are eating out and paying for public transport to get to places.
我热爱旅行 但是我的家人恰恰相反
Although I love traveling, my family isn’t as keen as me.
所以我们不常出城游玩
So, we don’t often get out of the city.
单身人士的花销可能不会太大
As a single person, the cost wouldn’t be too bad.
但是一个家庭的支出只多不少
But as a family, expenses really do add up,
尤其在酒店的价格是基于入住人数和房间数量时
especially when hotel rates are based on the number of occupants versus the number of rooms.
那么我们在日本的生活方式仅限于此吗
So, does that paint a bit of a picture about our lifestyle?
现在让我们捋清一些尤为重要的因素
Now, let’s get into some overarching themes.
第一个便是家庭
First up is family.
对我而言 家是一大因素
Family is such a huge factor for me,
不仅仅是我自己的家庭 还有兄弟姐妹以及父母
not only my immediate family, but siblings and parents too.
这听起来很有意思 因为我的加拿大家庭远在海的另一边
This must sound funny, since my Canadian family is an ocean away.
但是我的日本家庭却近在咫尺
But, my Japanese family are all within a short walk.
所以说有得必有失
So, you win some, you lose some.
那为何我的日本家庭离加拿大家庭这么远呢
Why are Japanese family over our Canadian one?
因为这样可以节省开销以及提高房子实用性
Well, that has to do with the cost and availability of housing,
而非为了我们爱的人
not our affection for our loved ones,
至少大家对外是这么说的
at least that’s what it publicly say.
在温哥华附近地区
In the area around Vancouver,
我的家人们甚至都想离彼此近一点
even when our family wanted to be located near each other,
在同一个街区租房和买房是天方夜谭
it was a practical impossibility to rent and purchase in the same neighborhood.
只有那些本就住在此地的居民才可能实现
Only those that got in.
在房地产狂热前 人人得以在温哥华的房地产市场立足
Before the craziness, that is the Vancouver housing market were able to establish themselves.
尚无国际标准表明温哥华是一个大城市
While Vancouver’s not considered a large city by international standards,
于我于众多上班族而言
living in a place suitable for a family within an hour’s commute of the downtown core
居于某地且能在一小时内往返家与市中心区是白日做梦
was not possible for me and many working professionals.
在日本 哪怕是尺寸之地都必须依分区法而建
In Japan, housing can come in all shapes and sizes
故而日本的房子在形态规格上大相径庭
since zoning laws allow you to build on very small pieces of land.
举个例子 出于种种目的及意图
As an example, I now own a detached home,
我现在的独立式住宅已用尽土地
that, for all intents and purposes, takes up all the land.
在数英尺的混凝土边外 我家并无庭院
I don’t have a yard beyond the few feet of concrete on the side.
那是我能力之所及的取舍
That’s a trade-off that I was able to make.
既无院子 相对的便是另一个三十分钟远的地方
I chose no yard versus living another 30 minutes away,
在那里我可得一广厦 尽情利用
where I could have had one and a more spacious house to boot.
但我心之所愿是不仅能与东京的市中心相近
But, I wanted not only to be closer to the center of Tokyo,
更为重要的是与我家邻近
but more importantly, close to family.
与多年前的日本相异
Unlike years ago in Japan,
我们并非住在一个多代同堂的家庭里
we don’t live in a multi-generational household.
倘若我们的父母白发渐生 确实需要我们的照顾
If our parents do require care as they get older
与此相对的是他们现阶段为我们提供的无偿的照看孩子
as opposed to the free childminding that they currently provide us,
我们住得很近 步行到那儿不过一会儿的时间
we live so close that we can walk there in minutes.
所以即使我们亲密无间 但不会恣意妄为
So, we’re close, but not living on top of each other close.
至于家庭成员的服务
The services available to family members
从我的侄女近期毕业的日间托管中心
from my niece who recently graduated from the day care system
到我的孩子就读的小学
to my kids in elementary school,
再到祖父母每日必去的成年人照料中心
to the grandparents who may one day go to adult daycare
凡此种种都只需几分钟的步程
are all located within a few minutes’ walk.
杂货店 诊所 公园 娱乐中心
Groceries, health clinics, parks, recreation centers,
更为重要的是 火车站皆是保持相对近的距离
and quite importantly, a train station are all equally close.
作为一个宜步城市 东京当地认为帮助养成一个更为健康的生活方式极其重要
Tokyo, being a walkable city, is a big deal that lends itself to a healthier lifestyle.
下面让我们聊聊健康
And let’s talk about health.
除了配置医生及医院资源 在健康上也是多方面的
So, there are many aspects of health, beyond access to doctors and hospitals.
但下面让我们聊聊那些事情
But let’s discuss those things.
每当我想看我们的家庭医生时
Whenever I want to see our family doctor,
我们可以步行或骑车 在一个小时内便到达诊所
we walk or bike to the clinic that can be seen within an hour.
但倘若我们时间合适
But if we choose the right time of day,
十五分钟即可
it’s more like 15 minutes.
无需预约
No appointment’s necessary.
由于看病花费极少 故而我从未纠结过是否值得在就医上花钱
The cost is so little that I never think if it’s worthwhile to spend the money to see the doctor.
反之 我更考虑在看病时是否节省医患时间
Instead, equation I calculate is whether a visit is not only worth my time, but the time of the doctor.
药房通常毗连诊所
A pharmacy is usually located beside the clinic,
这意味着你可以尽快取药
which means you can pick up the prescription quite quickly.
医疗保险制度覆盖了大部分药方
Prescriptions are also mostly covered under the health insurance system.
即使有些仍未纳入医疗保险制度
And even if they weren’t,
国家政府亦会严加控制和保证药物价格适中
the national governments control ensure that medications are affordable.
如果我想看专家门诊
If I want to see a specialist,
如治疗湿疹的皮肤病专家
like the dermatologist for my eczema,
或医治耳鸣的耳鼻喉科专家
or an ENT for my tinnitus,
我可以随时过来 就像我看家庭医生一样
I can drop in, just as I did with my family doctor.
无需转诊或预约
No referral or appointment necessary.
噢 对了 它们同样可以步行到达
And oh yeah, they’re also located within walking distance.
那么护理质量如何呢
But what about the quality of care?
从我的观感来看相较于加拿大 日本是非常棒的
Well, subjectively, I find it comparable to Canada.
某方面更为优秀 某方面存有弊端
Some things are better, some are worse.
但总体而言 我相信这些医生都能胜任本职工作
But overall, I trust that the doctors are qualified,
当我需要时 我都可以得到治疗
that I can get access when I need to,
不论贫富贵贱 我都可以得到悉心照顾
and that I’ll be taken care of whether I have money or not.
即使日本的医疗保健覆盖全面
Even with Japan’s universal health care coverage,
你仍需支付百分之三十的费用
you are required to pay 30% of costs.
月度限额意味着你无需支付其超额部分
There are monthly limits that mean you won’t end up having to pay beyond your means,
且不因一些无法预料或慢性健康问题以致家破人亡
and thus won’t be going bankrupt due to some unforeseen or chronic health issues.
你也可以在全国范围内随意选择任何医院
You’re also free to choose any hospital nationwide.
刚刚我们聊到了生理健康状况
Now, I’ve been talking about physical health.
那么心理健康呢
What about mental health?
由于我未曾切身体验过该项服务
That I can’t personally comment on,
故而我不敢妄言置评
since I’ve never utilized the services.
从他人的只言片语中我了解到
Hearing stories from other people gives me the impression that
西方国家在心理健康领域更有建树
western countries are more progressive in this area.
这种看法催生了不耻与社会归属感
This kind of leads into stigmas and social belonging.
在日本有这样一种想法 人们不想标新立异
There’s this idea in Japan that you don’t want to stand out,
这意味着你不愿承认自己罹患心理健康问题
which means you don’t want to admit you have mental health issues,
或承认下岗失业
or that you lost your job,
或承认其它诸多必然面对的生活状况
or many of the other life situations that you may have to deal with.
在西方国家 我们在谈论个人问题上更为开放
I think, in the west, we’re more open to talking about our personal problems.
在日本 这很少见
In Japan, it’s just not something that’s often done.
我观察到 人们多是对
What I’ve observed is that people are generally understanding and sympathetic
那些艰苦卓绝的人们抱以理解及同情
to those who are struggling in life,
不论是在经济上 生理上 心理上 亦或是其它情况
whether it be financially, physically, mentally or otherwise.
正如同其它的发达国家
Like any other developed country,
日本需要应付一系列问题
the Japanese deal with a host of issues,
从那些在校表现差强人意的孩子
from your kid who isn’t doing well in school,
到不良于行 囿于轮椅的伯父
to an uncle who’s in a wheelchair,
再到学习迥然不同的表亲
to that cousin who has a learning difference.
这些事情时常提及 但总是不露声色
These things are talked about, but usually quietly.
你可能听说过
A lot of commentary you might hear about Japan
关于日本社会因循守旧的诸多评论
makes the society seem rigid and stuck in the past.
但在我看来 众多改变与开放宽容
But, I’ve seen a lot of changes and openness,
不仅仅在我的同辈人中蔓延开来
not only in my generation,
上至老一辈 下达新一代皆是如此
but the generations above and below.
我不断地遇到一些与日俱进的事物例子
I keep on coming across examples of things progressing and improving,
从性别不平等的到工作时间
from gender inequality to working hours,
到大学入学考试制度的大整改
to an overhaul of the University Entrance Examination System.
你可能对日本的自杀问题略有耳闻
You’ve probably heard that Japan has a suicide problem.
但事实是 这与其它发达国家并无二致
But the thing is: it’s now not that different from other developed countries.
在上个世纪九十年代以及世纪之交的一段时期内
There was a period of time in the 90s and the turn of the century,
当时经济疲软且自杀人数不断递增
when the economy wasn’t doing well and the numbers spiked.
倘若继续保持这种趋势又将如何呢
What if trends continue?
数年后 日本的自杀率将与美国相差无几
In a few years, the rate will be the same as the US,
不幸的是 自杀率仍一路飙升
which unfortunately is seeing its numbers rise.
在日本有一种刻板印象 即外国人只是异乡客
There’s also a stereotype that in Japan foreigners are just that.
外来者与本地人永不接纳
Foreigners and they will never belong.
那么我们家庭里的加拿大亲人与日本亲人能否
So does our family equally Canadian and Japanese?
同感我们属于彼此吗
Feel like we belong?
我可以肯定地说 是的
I’d have to say yes.
但讽刺的是 也许这甚至比我们在加拿大的社区还要好
And ironically, probably even more so than in our community in Canada,
而这个社区还是以多元文化闻名遐迩
a country that is known for its multiculturalism,
且这个社区多是移民
and is a country of immigrants.
为什么我会这样认为呢
Why do I think this?
事实上 我认为这与人们自身密切相关
Well, I don’t think it has anything to do with the people themselves.
但更多的是这个社区如何建立
But more with how the community is set up,
在这儿安家的社会预期有关
and the social expectations that come with living here,
回到正题
I keep on coming back to this point.
步行真的对我的生活影响颇多
But it really makes a difference in my life, and that’s walkability.
在日本 许多人会在社区周边步行或骑车
In Japan, many people walk or ride around the community.
所以你难免反复地与同样的人邂逅相逢
So, you inevitably run into the same people over and over.
当彼此熟识相知后
When people know you and you them,
一种更大的集体责任感油然而生
that promotes a sense of responsibility to the greater whole.
学校是促成归属感的又一原因
School’s another reason for that sense of belonging.
学校 尤其是小学
School, especially elementary school,
会要求家长之间相互交流配合
forces parents to interact with one another.
在这里我特意用了一个词 要求
And I do specifically use the word force.
因为不论你喜欢与否 你都要去交流沟通
Because you’re gonna interact whether you like it or not.
小学的招生地区大致上是半径一公里范围
The elementary school catchment area is roughly a kilometre in radius,
这意味着每个人皆可在十分钟内步行到校
which means everyone lives within a 10-minute walk to school.
在某些地区 你甚至无需走那么远
And in some areas, you wouldn’t even need to walk that far.
因为所有这些圈代表着十分钟即可步行
Because all these circles represent a 10-minute walk
到我目光所及的区域的每一所小学
to each elementary school in the area that I could spot.
而这称之为冰棒指数
There’s this term called the Popsicle index.
冰棒指数是指社区内的人口百分比
The Popsicle Index is the percent of people in a community,
即那些人相信一个小孩可以离开他们的家
who believe a child can leave their home,
去最近的地方买冰棒
go to the nearest place to buy a popsicle,
并且还能独自安全到家
and come home alone safely.
与昔日的美好时光相似
Kind of like the good old days of yore,
当我还是个成长于西费城的小女孩时
When I was a little girl growing up in west Philadelphia.
#西费城 生于斯长于斯 我曾在操场上度过多数时光#
# In west Philadelphia, born and raised, on the playground of where I spent most of my days.#
那时的冰棒指数是百分百
The Popsicle Index was a hundred percent.
意想不到的是我们可以在史普鲁斯街东跑西跑 滚木瓶
It was unthinkable that we could run up to spruce street, play the pins,
吃冰棒 无论昼夜都可以独自回家
get a popsicle and come home alone at any time of day or early evening.
所以在2018年的日本 一般工作日的早上
Okay, so Japan, 2018, weekday mornings,
我家附近的小学生会成群结队地
elementary school kids in my neighborhood gather together in groups
走去学校 无大人监管
to walk to school without adult supervision.
尽管在回家路途 但他们仍各走各的
On the way back home though, they’re all on their own.
事实上
Given this fact,
我认为我的邻居的冰棒指数分值达百分百
I’d say that my neighborhood would score 100% on that Popsicle Index,
特别是沿路都有商店 他们可以顺路买一个冰棒
especially since there are stores along the way that they could stop by and pick one up.
孩子们在无人监督的街道闲逛 我想到另一个话题
To expand upon this idea of children roaming the streets unsupervised,
我认为日本小孩鲜有玩伴
I don’t think the term playdate exists in Japan.
孩子们仅仅是步行或骑行到朋友家 或甚至在公园碰面
Kids just walk or bike to a friend’s house, or even meet up in the park.
一旦他们有了无线电话
Once they get cellphones,
大多数的初中孩子似乎有时
which most kids seem to have by the time they hit junior high,
通过热门系列的即时通讯应用来进行规划
they make plans via the popular Line messaging app.
那么日本父母会对他们的孩子
Do Japanese parents fear for the safety of their children
可能遭受的蓄意伤害如绑架恐惧不已吗
that a malicious crime like kidnapping might occur?
在我看来 普天之下的父母皆是忧心这个问题 不论是日本抑或是加拿大
I think parents are about as fearful of this in Japan as they are in Canada.
但我可以肯定的是
But what I can confirm is that
日本父母看起来不会对孩子们因超速车辆而受伤提心吊胆
Japanese parents don’t seem to be as concerned about kids being injured by speeding vehicles.
因为在日本的居住区
Because in residential areas in Japan,
行人及骑行者才是路面支配者
the pedestrians and cyclists rule the road.
汽车的时速控制在每小时三十公里
And cars are limited to 30 kilometers an hour.
对于美国人而言 能到二十英里每小时
And for you Americans, that’s 20 miles an hour.
在加拿大 汽车往往能达双倍时速 不论是否限速行驶
In Canada, cars generally go double that speed, regardless of posted speed limits.
其它促成社会归属感的事物
Something else that contributes to social belonging
包含志愿或非志愿社区参与
is both the voluntary and involuntary community participation.
当地组织由五到十个家庭管理废物收集点
The local group of 5 to 10 households that manage the waste collection point,
但这是必选项
that’s not an option.
身为家长代表 为你现就读于小学的孩子们安排晨聚地点呢
Being the parent monitor for your elementary school kids, morning gathering spot?
也是必定要做的
Also not an option.
参加当地的神殿盛会呢
Attending the festival for the local shrine?
那倒随你喜欢
That’s optional.
参加校园艺术节呢 也是任君选择
Going to school festivals? Also optional.
传送当地新闻公告呢 也是必而为之
Passing along the local news bulletin? Not an option.
对于那些不愿参与其中的人而言
For people who don’t want to conform,
这种生活方式无疑是繁琐不已
this type of living can be onerous.
客观上看
To put it in perspective though,
我似乎只能在加拿大企业存活一年
I can’t seem to survive more than a year in the Canadian corporate world,
因为我更心悦自主就业的自由
as I like the freedom of self-employment too much.
您好 皮特 发生什么事儿了呢
Hi, Peter. What’s happening?
我们需要聊聊你的技术故障报告
We need to talk about your TPS reports.
我尚未发现东京小社区的社会规范会造成负担
Yet, I don’t find the social norms in our little community in Tokyo to be burdensome.
事实上 我有点发觉我是无拘无束的
In fact, I kind of find the rules freeing.
那怎会如此呢
But how can that be?
循规导则只占有我生命的一小部分
Well, following the rules only take up a small percentage of my life.
故而即使我不喜欢这些规则 他们亦无法决定我的生活
So, even if I don’t like the rules, they don’t dominate how I live.
倘若我遵守这些不起眼的规则
As long as I follow the little rules,
那么我之所好 由我而定
I’m free to do whatever I like.
我亦相信利大于弊
And I also believe the pros far outweigh the cons.
好吧 我必须要竭力清洁废料区
Yes, I have to pitch in to clean the garbage area.
但这是每人职责所在
But, because everyone has to do it,
没有人蓄意破坏卫生
no one is going to purposely make a mess there.
多年以来 我需要花几个星期去监督我的孩子们的晨聚
I have to watch my kids gather in the morning a few weeks out of the year.
但我也可以休息 保证孩子们可以独自上学 安全到校
But I can also rest assured that my kids are safe going to school on their own.
毫无疑问的是受限于工作
Having to be reined in at work
一天中美好的八小时将不受我支配
will control me for a good 8 hours a day.
好吧 封面页 我知道 我知道
Yeah. The cover sheet, I know, I know.
比尔已经和我谈过了
Bill talked to me about it.
那么 你是否接到通知呢
Yeah, did you get that memo?
鉴于遵照社区规则也许需要每个月耗费八个小时的时间
Whereas conforming to these community rules is maybe 8 hours a month.
你可能会想到
You might be thinking:
我没有明确提到 作为一个外国人或半外国人家庭 我们是如何去适应
I haven’t specifically addressed how we fit in as a foreign or perhaps half-foreign family.
我的妻子 毕竟是在东京出生和成长
My wife was born and raised in Tokyo after all.
好吧 我的 我 我在 在 里面 非常抱歉 在钱包里面
Yes, my I… My I in… It’ in…I’m sorry, it’s in the wallet.
我的身份证在钱包里面
My ID, it’s inside.
我的身份证在那儿
It’s in there, my ID.
好吧 我可以告诉你
Well, I can tell you this:
我并不经常与警察发生争执
I don’t have regular run-ins with the cops.
因为当然有诸多接触点
Because there are many touch points of course,
我可以随意参与社会义务
I’m free to attend social obligations.
你也将要参与其中
You’re going to participate.
那可以确保你成为社区的一员
And that ensures you become a part of the community.
即使有语言隔阂
Even with the language barrier.
我们可以明确的是 我在日语上依旧倍感吃力
And let’s be clear, I still suck at Japanese.
比起我曾经的加拿大生活经历 我更愿意参与日本的地区活动
I’m much more involved at the local level in Japan than I’ve ever been in Canada.
所以 我们适应得很好
So yeah, we fit in.
同时 我有点不解我们可曾有所选择
And I kind of don’t know if we even had a choice.
现在 我们继续聊聊教育
Now, let’s move on over to education.
在我移居日本前 教育是我的心头大患
Education was a top fear I had before moving to Japan.
我曾听言日本的学校束缚颇多 扼杀创意
I heard the schools are restrict and that creativity was stifled.
校园暴力也是一大问题
Bullying was also a thing.
所幸我的孩子们安好
My kids have been just fine.
毫无疑问的是 日本与加拿大有种种不同
Things are different in Japan and Canada, there is no doubt.
但我认为他们均接受了这两国的良好教育
But I think they’ve been receiving decent education in both systems.
你需了解的是日本教育的小学阶段教育
What you need to know about Japanese education at the elementary school level
除非你是那些一心想孩子们入读国家顶尖大学的精英阶层
is that unless you’re someone from the elite who wants their kid to attend the top university in the country,
这里的学习压力并没有外界传言的那般严重
the pressure is not all it’s cracked up to be.
一旦你开始就读初中和高中
Once you start getting into junior high and high school,
我想这才是万里长征的开始
I think it’s a different story.
但我的孩子尚未到那个时段
But, my family is not at that stage yet.
所以 倘若你曾观看过一些视频或阅读一些文章有关
So, if you’ve seen those videos or read those articles about Japanese kids
日本孩子就读优秀的幼儿园必经的入学考试
testing to get into the right kindergarten,
以确保其锦绣前程
to ensure their future success,
那是特例 而非常规
that’s the exception, not the norm.
由于教育是由国家管控的
Since education is governed at the national level,
这保证了全国各地的教育质量保持一定的标准
this ensures a certain standard of quality all across the country.
大城市与小城镇皆一视同仁
Big city are small town.
你可以看到同一类型的学校下有同样的课程
You can see the same types of schools with the same curriculums,
统一的体育馆及游泳池
with the same gyms and swimming pools,
相同的运动会和校园节日
with the same sports days and festivals.
校内安排的课程有日语 数学 科学
There are Japanese, math and science classes,
也有社会与生活学习
but there’s also social and life studies:
如美术 音乐 体育与家庭经济
arts, music, physical education and home economics.
他们一年中有数次实践活动
There are several field trips a year,
以及诸多文化节轮番而来
and many festivals to put on.
实话说 比起我在加拿大学校的所见所闻 日本拥有更为多样化的教育体验
It’s honestly a more diverse educational experience than I’ve seen in Canadian schools.
教师受聘于当地政府
Teachers are hired by the prefecture,
这与省份或国家一致
which is similar to a province or state,
每隔几年老师便会在不同学校间轮换
and are moved around schools every few years.
所以即使我的家庭无法入住东京的富人区
So, while my family isn’t located in one of the wealthier parts of Tokyo,
我能感受到在老师及设备上与富人区相比 不会相差甚远
I feel the facilities and teachers aren’t dramatically different to the more monied areas.
绝大多数的学生就读于公立学校
The vast majority of students attend public school,
尤其是在小学阶段
especially at the elementary level.
所以 这确实是多数日本人的写实
So, this really is the story for most Japanese.
PISA 即国际学生评估项目
PISA, the Program for International Student Assessment,
日本学生在这个等级上居高不下
ranks Japanese students quite highly.
倘若你问我的孩子两国对比更喜欢何者 我会说她偏爱日本的教育体系
If you ask my kids, I could prefer the Japanese school system,
因为她会说她对之更加理解
because she says she understands it better.
奥尔辛则大有不同
Allshin is rather indifferent.
我们曾见过加日两国的校园欺凌事件
We’ve witnessed incidents of bullying in both Canada and Japan.
实话说 我无法判定谁之略胜一筹 谁不尽人意
And I can honestly say I wouldn’t rate one place better or worse.
两地的教育系统皆是抵抗校园暴力
Both school systems are anti-bullying.
但倘若你对孩子有所了解的话
But if you know kids,
你便知道 不幸的是他们总能找到新奇的方式来规避官方政策
they unfortunately can find creative ways to get around official policies.
我与孩子们观察到最大的不同在于两国教育体系中
One big difference the kids and I have noticed between the school systems
每个学生的自由度与责任感有所差别
is the freedom and responsibility given to students.
总而言之 我认为日本学生的责任感大于加拿大学生
Overall, I’d say Japanese have more responsibility than Canadian students.
不仅是端上午餐 打扫学校
Whether it’s serving up lunch, cleaning the school,
举办活动或看护幼小
putting on events or watching over the younger ones.
还在于鼓励大家做你自己
But being able to be yourself,
加拿大在这方面则是棋高一着
Canada is the winner in that category.
你可以一头紫发 踩着滑板车进教室
You can have purple hair, scooter into class,
你也可以有与众不同的学习风格
and have your own learning style.
我们用了不少的时间了解了责任 教育以及健康
So, I’ve spent a lot of time talking about obligations, education and health.
那么 在休闲娱乐及打发闲暇时间上如何呢
But, what about the fun stuff, recreation and leisure time?
这可能是最为棘手的一部分
This is perhaps the trickiest section for me to talk about.
因为我的家人在这方面的诉求不多
That’s because my family doesn’t have the typical setup.
我独自工作 而后自由分配我的时间
I work for myself, and thus make my own hours.
我妻子的工作则接近于朝九晚五
My wife works, but it’s fairly close to the typical 9-to-5.
所以时间合适 她也是窝在家
So, she’s home within decent hours.
据我所知 我们的工作时间与加拿大父母的时间相撞
While our working hours are in line with Canadian parents that I know,
所以我们在家的时间多于其他的日本父母
I’d say we’re home more than other Japanese parents are.
根据我的经验
So from my experience,
普通日本家庭的相聚时间要少于加拿大家庭
the average Japanese family has less time together than a Canadian one.
在加拿大 人们不仅花费大量时间去与孩子们相处
In Canada, there’s a bigger priority on having quality of time with not only children,
还会抽空陪伴爱人
but also with spouses,
倘若在晚上时 没有非必要的工作急做
like if there were some non-essential work that needed to get done in the evening,
那便可参加孩子们的足球比赛
or your kids’ soccer game to attend.
我感觉在日本 一切以工作为重
I feel like in Japan the work would win out.
反之 在加拿大 大人则带着小孩去参加足球比赛
Whereas in Canada, taking your kid to the soccer game would.
当然这是一概而论
This is, of course, a huge generalization.
但如果你需要进行总结 那便是为何我会觉得事已至此 无法改变
But if you need to sum it up, that’s how I feel the cookie would crumble.
对父母而言 我并没有看到约会夜大文化
For parents, I don’t see a big culture of having date nights.
就我加拿大的家人而言
Within my Canadian family,
良性关系被视为重中之重
it’s something that’s deemed essential for a healthy relationship.
在日本 桑间月下只属于未婚情侣 而非已婚夫妇
In Japan, dates are for unmarried couples, not parents.
相较于日本男性 照料家庭的担子更多的在日本女性身上
In Japan, taking care of the families is also still more of a female than a male thing.
故而一位母亲烹制饭菜及打扫房屋是分内之事
So, it’s expected that a mother would make the meals and clean the house.
时代瞬息万变 夫妻间的角色亦在趋于平等
Times are changing, and the role is becoming more equal.
但我在加拿大当地所见的 其实可能仅是一代人的生活而已
But, it’s probably a generation behind what I see on the ground in Canada.
日本家庭的假期不轻松
Japanese family vacations are shoulder affairs.
想想这几天的时间 我期望时间是一周
Think a couple of days, I supposed to a week,
但下班后无充足的连续时间去长途旅行
there’s just not enough consecutive time off of work to go on long trips.
而且需要参与的学校活动不计其数
There’s also lots of school activities that need to be attended to.
总而言之 日本群众看似难以拥有自由时间去做自己想做的事情
Overall, Japanese people seem to have less free time to do things of their choosing.
但当日本人想体验娱乐活动时
But when the Japanese do recreational things,
他们通常会严阵以待
they usually do it in a serious way.
所以 东京的生活质量究竟如何呢
So, what’s the quality of life like in Tokyo?
我买了一套房子
I bought a house.
定居此处 可以看见我家可预见的将来
It’s somewhere I can see my family living for the foreseeable future.
因为我们住得近
Because we can live near to family,
因为我们是小小社区的一分子
because we can be part of a small community,
因为我们不需长年累月地工作
because we can work jobs that don’t require long hours,
因为我们拥有足够的时间陪伴家人
because we can spend time with our family,
因为我们不必拥有汽车
because we don’t need to own a car,
我们有舒适的生活
we can have a decent quality of life.
再说回教育
One thing I’d like to come back to is the education.
我们的特殊之处不过是我们的孩子会说英语
We’re in a special situation where our kids can speak English.
-你在干什么呀-呆坐着呗
-What are you doing right now?-Just sitting here.
-你要怎么处理这张相片呢-不晓得
-Now, what are you going to do with this picture?-I don’t know.
而英语课程在日本学校变得愈发重要
And that’s becoming an increasingly important subject in Japanese schools.
这是其中一门主科 在你踏入中学或大学时
It’s one of the main subjects you can use for test scores
这可以当作考试成绩
for getting into both high schools and universities.
我的孩子们来自加拿大 这有了明显的优势
Coming from Canada, my kids have a natural advantage.
此外 加拿大的公民身份
Furthermore, their Canadian citizenship,
以及我们夫妻俩的能力都足以回到加拿大好好生活
and myself and my wife’s ability to make a living back in Canada
如果我们在日本接连受挫
mean that we always have the option of going back to the Canadian education system for certain years,
这意味着我们可以在未来选择回加拿大学习几年
if things aren’t working well in Japan.
这意味着我们的孩子也许不像其他日本小孩那般经历着千篇一律的学业压力
This means our kids probably don’t experience the same type of schooling pressure that regular Japanese ones do.
另一方面 我们也会积极教导
On the other hand, we have very much been actively working
以确保我们的孩子可以用日语及英语对答如流
to ensure our kids are fluently bilingual in Japanese and English.
他们能说双语并非与生俱来
It’s not a given that they can speak both languages.
如今他们尚未达到英语母语本地者的水平
They’re currently not at a native level of English.
你好
Hi.
正如我们在加拿大生活一样
Just like when we were living in Canada,
他们也未及日本本地的日语水平
they weren’t at a native level of Japanese.
他们能在这两种语言间切换自如仍需时日
It’s a constant struggle to prepare them to be able to communicate at a needed level in 2 languages
直至他们高中毕业
by the time they graduate from high school.
不仅如此
Not only that.
我们也要确保他们在其他国家生活能游刃有余
We want to make sure they can feel at ease living in either country.
我们开心与否是一个极其重要而主观的问题
A very important question, but one that’s also so subjective is if we’re happy,
那么我们在日本生活得开心吗
Are we happy with our life in Japan?
这个复杂的问题只需用一个简单的回答
How about a simple answer to this complicated question?
当然开心啦
Yeah!
感谢观看 我们下次再会 拜拜
Thanks for watching. See you next time. Bye.
你所在的城市生活质量如何呢
What’s the quality of life like where you’re from?
朋友们好 我是格雷格
Hey, guys, Greg here.
正如视频一开始我所保证的那样
As promised in the follow-up to this video,
我介绍了在日本生活的花销以及标准
I’ll talk about the costs/ the standard of living in Japan.
我认为在发达国家 倘若你腰缠万贯
I think in developed countries, if you’re wealthy enough,
那么你就有相对恬逸的生活
you can have a fairly good quality of life.
所以我更想聊聊
So, what I’m more interested in talking about
一个普通人的生活质量如何
is what the quality of life will be like for a regular average citizen.
以后又会怎么样
Stay tuned for that.
如果你喜欢这类型的视频 当然它们的制作耗费时长
If you like these types of videos, they do take a while to make.
也需要饮用不少的茶
And making them requires the consumption of quite a bit of tea.
呷一口茶
And I really do slurp.
我非常喜欢像那样啜饮我的茶
I really do slurp my tea like that.
它的确很烫
It’s hot, right?
这杯子真的是一项很棒的日本科技
You know, this is great Japanese technology.
但无论如何 如果你
But anyways, if you…
如果你愿意通过赞助以维持我的饮茶习惯
If you have the means to support my tea drinking habit,
我有一个Patreon账号 欢迎来砸 再见
I have a patreon account. So, consider that. All right

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

你是否疑惑过外国人在日本的生活如何呢?能否适应呢?不妨来看看这位来自加拿大的先生从方方面面来介绍日本,一窥真实的日本平常生活。

听录译者

红花老七

翻译译者

白泽

审核员

审核员 W

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqh2F9Xeqx8

相关推荐