未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)

JK罗琳在哈佛大学2008年演讲

J.K. Rowling Speaks at Harvard Commencement

2008年6月5日JK罗琳哈佛毕业典礼演讲
2008年6月5日JK罗琳哈佛毕业典礼演讲
掌声
[applause]
福斯特主席
President Faust,
哈佛公司和监察委员会的各位成员
members of the Harvard Corporation and Board of Overseas,
全体教职人员 荣耀的家长们 以及全体毕业生们
members of faculty, proud parents, and, above all, graduates,
首先请允许我说一声谢谢
the first thing I would like to say is thank you.
哈佛不仅给了我无上的荣誉
not only has Harvard given me an extraordinary honour,
但好几星期来为这个毕业演讲经受的恐惧和紧张
but the weeks of fear and nausea I’ve endured.
[笑声]
haha…
更是令我减肥成功
At the thought of giving this commencement address have made me lose weight.
[笑声]
haha……
这是一个双赢的局面
A win-win situation!
现在我要做的就是深呼吸几下
Now all I have to do is take deep breaths,
眯起眼睛看着前面的大红横幅
squint at the red banners,
安慰自己正在世界最大的格兰芬多聚会上
and convince myself that I am at the world’s largest Gryffindors’ reunion.
[欢呼和掌声]
[Cheers and applause]
发表毕业演说是一个巨大的责任
Delivering a commencement address is a great responsibility;
至少直到我回忆自己当年的毕业典礼前 我是这么认为的
or so I thought until I cast my mind back to my own graduation.
那天做演讲的是英国著名的哲学家 Baroness Mary Warnock
The commencement speaker that day was distinguished British philosopher Baroness Mary Warnock.
对她演讲的回忆 对我写今天的演讲稿 产生了极大的帮助
Reflecting on her speech has helped me enormously in writing this one,
因为我已不记得她说过的任何一句话了
because it turns out that I can’t remember a single word she said.
[笑声]
[laugh]
这个发现让我释然
This liberating discovery enables me to proceed
让我不再担心我可能会无意中影响你
without any fear that I might inadvertently influence you
放弃在商业、法律或政治上的大好前途
to abandon promising carees in business, law or politics
转而醉心于成为一个快乐的魔法师
for the giddy delights of becoming a gay wizard.
[笑声和掌声]
[laugh and applause]
你们知道吗?
You see?
如果若干年后你们还记得“快乐的魔法师”这个笑话
If all you remember in years to come is the ‘gay wizard’ joke,
那就证明我已经超越了Baroness Mary Warnock
I’ve still come out ahead of Baroness Mary Warnock.
[笑声和掌声]
[laugh and applause]
建立可实现的目标
Achievable goals
这是提高自我的第一步
the first step to self-improvement.
实际上
Actually,
我为今天应该和大家谈些什么绞尽了脑汁
I have wracked my mind and heart for what I ought to say to you today.
我问自己什么是我希望早在毕业典礼上就该了解的
I have asked myself what I wish I had known at my own graduation,
而从那时起到现在的 21年间
and what important lessons I have learned in the 21 years
我又得到了什么重要的启示
that has expired between that day and this.
我想到了两个答案
I have come up with two answers.
在这美好的一天 当我们一起
On this wonderful day when we are gathered together
庆祝你们取得学业成就的时刻
to celebrate your academic success.
我决定要和你们谈谈
I have decided to talk to you
失败有什么样的益处
about the benefits of failure.
在你们即将走向“现实生活”之际
And as you stand on the threshold of what is sometimes called ‘real life’,
我还要褒扬想象力的重要性
I want to extol the crucial importance of imagination.
这些似乎是不切实际或自相矛盾的选择
These may seem quixotical or paradoxical choices,
但请先容我讲完
but bear with me.
回顾21岁刚刚毕业时的自己
Looking back at the 21-year-old that I was at graduation,
现在已经42岁的我 会感到轻微的不适应
is a slightly unconfortable experience for the 42-year-old that she has become.
在人生的前半部分
Half my lifetime ago,
我一直是在
I was striking an uneasy balance
自己的雄心和
between the ambition I had for myself,
身边人对我的期望之间挣扎
and what those closest to me expected of me.
我一直深信 自己唯一想做的事情
I was convinced that the only thing I wanted to do, ever
就是写小说
was to write novels.
不过 我的父母
However, my parents
他们都来自贫穷的家庭
both of whom came from impoverished backgrounds
没有任何一人上过大学
and neither of whom had been to college
坚持认为我过度的想象力
took the view that my overactive imagination
只是可笑的个人怪癖
was an amusing personal quirk
根本不足以支付按揭和保证养老金
that would never pay a mortgage, or secure a pension.
我现在明白了 讽刺就像用卡通铁砧去打你 但……
They had hoped that I would take a vocational degree;
他们希望我去拿个职业学位
They had hoped that I would take a vocational degree;
而我想去攻读英国文学
I wanted to study English Literature.
最后 虽然双方都不甚满意 但还是互相妥协
A compromise was reached that in retrospect satisfied nobody,
我改学了现代语言
and I set up to study modern languages.
可是等到父母一走开
Hardly had my parents’ car rounded the coner at the end of the road,
我立刻放弃了德语而报名学习古典文学
than I ditched German and scuttled off down the Classics corridor.
我不记得我将这事告诉过父母
I can not remember telling my parents that I was studying classics;
他们可能是在我毕业典礼那一天才发现的
They might have found out for the first time on graduation day.
我想 他们也许认为 在保证一间豪华浴室方面
Of all the subjects on this planet,
全世界都很难找到一个
I think they would be hard to put to name one less useful than Greek mythology,
比研究希腊神话更没用的专业了
when it came to securing the keys to an executive bathroom.
事后我想澄清一下:
Now I would like to make it clear in parenthesis,
我不会因为父母的观点而责怪他们
that I do not blame my parents for their point of view.
埋怨父母给你指错方向是有一个时间段的
There is an expiry date on blaming your parents for steering you in the wrong direction.
[欢呼和掌声]
[Cheers and applause]
当你成长到可以掌控方向的时候
The moment you areold enough to take the wheel,
你就该承担责任了
responsibility lies with you.
尤其是 我不会因为父母希望我不要过穷日子而责怪他们
What is more, I cannot criticise my parents for hoping that I would never experience poverty
他们本身一直很贫穷
They have been poor themselves,
我后来也一度很穷
and I have since been poor,
所以我很理解他们 贫穷并不是一种高贵的经历
I quite agree with them that it is not an ennobling experience.
它带来恐惧、压力 有时还有绝望
Proverty entails fear, and stress and sometimes depression;
它意味着许许多多的羞辱和艰辛
it means a thousand petty humiliations and hardships.
靠自己的努力摆脱贫穷
Climbing out of poverty by your own effects,
确实可以引以自豪
That is indeed something on which to pride yourself,
但只有傻瓜才会认为贫穷本身是浪漫的
but poverty itself is romanticised only by fools.
我在你们这个年龄 最害怕的
What I fear most for myself at your age,
不是贫穷 而是失败
was not poverty, but failure.
我像你们这么大时 明显缺乏在大学学习的动力
At your age, in spite of distinct lack of motivation at university,
我花了太久时间在咖啡吧写故事
where I had spent far too long in the coffee bar writing stories,
而上课的时间却很少
and far too little time at lectures.
我有一个通过考试的诀窍
I had a knack for passing examinations,
数年来那也一直是我们大学生活中衡量成功的标准
and that, for years, had been the measure of success in my life and that of my peers.
我不想愚蠢地假设
Now I am not dull enough to suppose that
因为你们年轻、有天份 并且受过良好的教育
because you are young, gifted, and well-educated,
就从来不懂得困难或心碎
you have never known hardship or heartbreak.
拥有才华和智慧 从来不会使人对命运的反复无常有所准备
Talent and intelligence never yet inoculated anyone against the caprice of the fates,
我也不会去假设这里的每一个人
I do not for a moment suppose that everyone here
一直享有一种从容自得的满足和优越感
has enjoyed an existence of unruffled privilege and contentment.
然而 你们是哈佛毕业生的这个事实
However, the fact you graduation from Harvard
意味着你们并不很了解失败
suggests that you are not very well- acquainted with failure.
你们也许极其渴望成功 所以同时也非常害怕失败
You might be driven by a fear of failure quite as much as the desire of success.
说实话 你们眼中的失败 很可能和普通人
Indeed, your conceptions of failure might not be too far
眼中的成功相差不远
from the average person’s idea of success.
毕竟你们在学业上已经达到很高的高度了
so high have you already flown academically.
最终 我们所有人都必须自己决定什么才是失败
Ultimately, we all have to decide for ourselves what constitutes failure.
但如果你愿意 世界是相当渴望给你一套标准的
but the world is quite eager to give you a set of criterion if you let it.
所以我想很公平的讲 从任何传统的标准看
so I think it fair to say that by any conventional measure,
在我毕业仅仅七年后
a mere 7 years after my graduation day,
我的失败达到了史诗般的程度:
I had failed on an epic scale.
极其短命的婚姻破裂了
An exceptionally short-lived marriage had imploded,
我成了一个失业者、单身母亲
and I was jobless, a lone parent,
除了无家可归 我几乎是现代英国最可怜的人
and as poor as it is possible to be in modern Britain, without being homeless.
当年父母和我自己曾经的担忧
the fears that my parents had had for me and that I had had for myself
现在都成了现实
had both come to pass,
按照惯常的标准来看 我也是我所知道的最失败的人
and by every usual standard, I was the biggest failure I knew.
现在 我不打算站在这里告诉你们 失败是有趣的
Now, I am not going to stand here and tell you that failure is fun.
那段日子是我生命中的黑暗岁月
That period of my life was a dark one,
我不知道它是否代表
and I had no idea that it was going to be
童话故事里必经的磨难
what the press has since represented as a kind of fairy tale resolution.
更不知道自己还要在黑暗中走多久
I have no idea then how far the tunnel extented,
很长一段时间里 任何黑暗尽头的光亮都只是希望 而不是现实
and for a long time,any light at the end of it was a hope rather than a reality.
那么为什么我要谈论失败的好处呢?
So why do I talk about the benefits of failure?
因为失败意味着剥离掉那些不必要的东西
Simply because failure means a stripping away of the inessential.
我因此不再伪装自己、远离自我
I stopped pretending to myself that I was anything other than what I was,
而开始把所有精力放在唯一一件对我重要的事上
and began to direct all my energy into finishing the only work that mattered to me.
如果不是没有在其它领域成功过 我可能就不会找到
Had I really succeeded at anything else, I might never have found
在一个我确信真正属于的舞台上取得成功的决心
the determination to succeed in the one arena where I believed I truly belonged.
我获得了自由
I was set free,
因为最害怕的虽然已经发生了
because my greatest fear had been realised,
但我仍然活着
and I was still alive,
我仍然有一个我深爱的女儿
and I still had a daughter whom I adored,
我还有一个旧打字机和一个很大的想法
and I had an old typewriter and a big idea,
所以低谷的困境 成了我重建生活的坚实基础
and so rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.
你们可能永远不会达到我失败的那种程度
you might never fail on the scale I did,
但生活中有些失败是不可避免的
but some failure in life is inevitable.
生活不可能一点失败都没有
It’s impossible to live without failing at something,
除非你生活的非常小心
unless you live so cautiously
而那也意味着你没有了真正的生活
that you might as well not have lived at all,
无论怎样 有些失败注定要发生
in which case, you fail by default.
失败使我的内心产生一种安全感
failure gave me an inner security
这是我从未在考试成功中得到过的
that I have never attained by passing examinations.
失败让我看清自己 这也是其他方式无法体会到的
Failure talked me things about myself that I could have learned no other way.
我发现 我比自己认为的
I discovered that I had strong will
要有更强的意志和决心
and more discipline than I had suspected.
我还发现 我拥有比宝石更加珍贵的朋友
I also found out that I had friends whose value was truly above rubies.
从挫折中获得智慧、变得坚强
The knowledge that you have emerged wiser and stronger from setbacks
意味着你比以往任何时候都更有能力生存
means that you are, ever after, secure in your ability to survive.
只有在逆境来临的时候
You will never truly know yourself,
你才会真正认识你自己
or the strength of your relationships
认识你身边的人
until both have been tested by adversity.
这种了解是真正的财富
Such knowledge is true gift,
虽然是用痛苦换来的
for all that it is painfully won,
但比我以前得到的任何资格证书都有用
and it has been worth more to me than any qualification I ever owned.
如果给我一部时间机器 我会告诉21岁的自己
so give me a time turner, I will tell my 21 year old self
人的幸福在于知道
so give me a time turner, I will tell my 21 year old self
人的幸福在于知道
that personal happiness lies in knowing
生活不是一份漂亮的成绩单
that life is not a check-list of acquisition or achievement.
你的资历、简历 都不是你的生活
your qualifications, your cv, are not your life.
尽管你会碰到很多与我同龄或更老一点的人在混淆两者
though you will meet many people of my age and older who confuse two.
生活是艰辛的 复杂的 超出任何人的控制能力
life is difficult and complicated and beyond anyone’s total control.
而谦恭地了解这一点 将使你历经沧桑后能够更好的生存
and the humility to know that will enable you to survive its vicissitudes
对于第二个主题的选择——想象力的重要性
Now you might think I chose my second theme-the importance of imagenation,
你们可能会认为是因为它对我重建生活起到了帮助 但事实并非完全如此
because of the part it play in rebuilding my life, but that is not wholly so.
虽然我愿誓死捍卫睡前要给孩子讲故事的价值观
Though I personally will defend the value of bedtime stories to my last gasp,
我对想象力已经有了更广泛的理解
I have learned to value the imagenation in a much broader sense.
想象力不仅仅是人类设想不存在的事物的独特能力
Imagenation is not only the uniquely human capacity to envision that which is not,
为所有发明和创新提供源泉
and therefore the fount of all invention and innovation.
它还是人类改造和揭露现实的能力
And its arguably most transformative and revelatory capacity,
使我们同情那些经受了我们不曾有过的苦难的人
It is the power that enables us to empathize with humans whose experiences we have never shared.
其中一个影响最大的经历发生在我写哈利波特之前
One of the greatest formative experiences of my life preceded
为我随后写书提供了很多想法
Harry Potter. Though it informed much of what I subsequently wrote in those books.
这些想法成形于我早期的工作经历
This revelation came in the form of one of my earliest day jobs.
在20多岁时 尽管我可以在午餐时间里悄悄写故事
Though I was sloping off to write stories during my lunch hours,
可为了付房租 我做的主要工作是
I paid the rent in my early 20s by working in
在伦敦总部的大赦国际研究部门
the research department at Amnesty International’s headquarters in London.
在我的小办公室 我看到了人们匆匆写的信件
There in my little office I read hastily scribbled letters smuggled out
它们是那些人冒着被监禁的危险 从极权主义政权中偷送出来的
of totalitarian regimes by men and women who were risking
告知外面的世界他们那里正在发生的事情
imprisonment to inform the outside world of what was happening to them.
我看到了那些无迹可寻的人的照片
I saw photographs of those who had disappeared without trace,
它们是被那些绝望的家人和朋友送来的
sent to Amnesty by their desperate families and friends.
我看过拷问受害者的证词和被害者的照片
I read the testimony of torture victims and saw pictures of their injuries.
我打开过手写的目击证词
I opened handwritten, eye-witness accounts
描述绑架犯和强奸犯的审判和处决
of summary trials and executions, of kidnappings and rapes.
我有很多的同事是前政治犯
Many of my co-workers were ex-political prisoners,
他们已离开家园流离失所 或逃亡流放
people who had been displaced from their homes, or fled into exile,
因为他们敢于怀疑政府、独立思考
because they had the temerity to think independently of their government.
来我们办公室的访客 包括那些前来提供信息
Visitors to our office included those who had come to give information,
或想设法知道留下的同志发生什么事的人
or to try and find out what had happened to those who they had left behind.
我将永远不会忘记一个非洲酷刑的受害者
I shall never forget the African torture victim,
一名当时还没有我大的年轻男子
a young man no older than I was at that time
他因在故乡的经历而精神错乱
who had become mentally ill after all he had endured in his homeland.
在摄像机前讲述所经受的残暴摧残时
He trembled uncontrollably as he spoke into a video camera
他失控地颤抖起来
about the brutality inflicted upon him.
他比我高一英尺 看上去却像一个脆弱的儿童
He was a foot taller than I was, and seemed as fragile as a child.
我被安排随后护送他到地铁站
Iwas given the job of escorting him to the Underground Station afterwards,
这名生活已被残酷地打乱的男子
and this man whose life had been shattered by cruelty
小心翼翼地握着我的手 祝我未来生活幸福
took my hand with exquisite courtesy, and wished me future happiness.
只要我活着 我还会记得
And as long as I live I shall remember walking along
在一个空荡荡的的走廊 突然从背后的门里
walking along an empty corridor and suddenly hearing, from behind a closed door,
传来我从未听过的痛苦和恐惧的尖叫
a scream of pain and horror such as I have never heard since.
门打开了 调查员探出头请求我
The door opened, and the researcher poked out her head
为坐在她旁边的青年男子 调一杯热饮料
and told me to run and make a hot drink for the young man sitting with her.
她刚刚给他的消息是
She had just given him the news that
为了报复他对国家政权的批评
that in retaliation for his own outspokenness against his country’s regime,
他的母亲已经被捕并执行了枪决
his mother had been seized and executed.
在我20多岁的那段日子 每一天的工作
Every day of my working week in my early 20s
都在提醒我自己是多么幸运
I was reminded how incredibly fortunate I was,
生活在一个民选政府的国家
to live in a country with a democratically elected government,
依法申述与公开审理 是所有人的权利
where legal representation and a public trial were the rights of everyone.
每一天 我都能看到更多证据 恶人们为了获得
Every day, I saw more evidence about the evils humankind
或维持权力 迫害自己的同胞
will inflict on their fellow humans, to gain or maintain power.
我开始做噩梦 真正意义上的噩梦
I began to have nightmares, literal nightmares,
全都和我所见所闻有关
about some of the things I saw, heard and read.
同时在这里我也了解到更多关于人类的善良
And yet I also learned more about human goodness
比我以前想象的要多很多
at Amnesty International than I had ever known before.
大赦动员成千上万没有因为个人信仰而受到折磨或监禁的人
Amnesty mobilises thousands of people who have never been
去为那些遭受这种不幸的人奔走
tortured or imprisoned for their beliefs to act on behalf of those who have.
人类同理心的力量
The power of human empathy,
引发集体行动 拯救生命 解放囚犯
leading to collective action, saves lives, and frees prisoners.
个人的福祉和安全有保证的普通百姓
Ordinary people, whose personal well-being and security are assured,
携手合作 大量挽救那些他们互不相识 素昧平生的人
join together in huge numbers to save people they do not know, and will never meet.
我用自己微薄的力量参与了这一过程
My small participation in that process was one of
这也是我生命中最令人振奋的经历之一
the most humbling and inspiring experiences of my life.
不同于在这个星球上任何其他的动物
Unlike any other creature on this planet,
人类可以学习和理解 未曾经历过的东西
humans can learn and understand, without having experienced.
他们可以将心比心、设身处地的理解他人
They can think themselves into other people’s minds, imagine themselves into other people’s places.
当然 这种能力 就像我虚构的魔法世界一样
Of course, this is a power, like my brand of fictional magic, that is morally neutral.
一个道德中立的人可能会利用这种能力去操控
One might use such an ability to manipulate, or control,
就如同也有人选择去了解同情
just as much as to understand or sympathise.
而很多人选择不去使用他们的想象力
And many prefer not to exercise their imaginations at all.
他们选择留在自己舒适的世界里
They choose to remain comfortably within the bounds of their own experience,
从来不愿花力气去想想如果生活在别处会怎样
never troubling to wonder how it would feel to have
been born other than they are.
他们可以拒绝去听别人的尖叫 看一眼囚禁的笼子
They can refuse to hear screams or to peer inside cages;
他们可以封闭自己的内心 只要痛苦不触及个人
they can close their minds and hearts to any suffering that does not touch them personally;
他们可以拒绝去了解
they can refuse to know.
我可能会受到诱惑 去嫉妒那样生活的人
I might be tempted to envy people who can live that way,
但我不认为他们做的噩梦会比我少
except that I do not think they have any fewer nightmares than I do.
选择生活在狭窄的空间 会导致不敢面对开阔的视野
Choosing to live in narrow spaces can lead to a form of mental agoraphobia,
给自己带来恐惧感
and that brings its own terrors.
我认为不愿展开想像的人会看到更多的怪兽
I think the wilfully unimaginative see more monsters.
他们往往更感到更害怕
They are often more afraid.
而且 那些选择不去同情的人
What is more, those who choose not to empathise may
可能会激活真正的怪兽
enable real monsters.
因为尽管自己没有犯下罪恶
For without ever committing an act of outright evil ourselves,
我们却通过冷漠与之勾结
we collude with it, through our own apathy.
我18岁开始从古典文学中
One of the many things I learned at the end of
汲取许多知识 其中之一
that Classics corridor down which I ventured at the age of 18,
我当时并不完全理解
in search of something I could not then define,
那就是希腊作家普鲁塔克所说的:
was this, written by the Greek author Plutarch:
我们内心获得的 将改变外在的现实
What we achieve inwardly will change outer reality.
那是一个惊人的论断
That is an astonishing statement
它在我们的日常生活中得到了无数次证实
and yet proven a thousand times every day of our lives.
它指明我们与外部世界有无法脱离的联系
It expresses, in part, our inescapable connection with the outside world,
我们只要存在 就会触及到他人的生命
the fact that we touch other people’s lives simply by existing.
但是 哈佛大学的2008届毕业生们 你们多少人
But how much more are you, Harvard graduates of 2008,
有可能去触及他人的生命?
likely to touch other people’s life?
你们的智慧 你们努力工作的能力
your intelligence, you capacity for hard work,
以及你们所受到的教育
the education you have earned and received,
赋予你们独特的地位和责任
give you unique status and unique responsibilities.
甚至你们的国籍也让你们与众不同
Even your nationality sets you apart.
你们绝大部份人属于这个世界上唯一的超级大国
The great majority of you belong to the world’s only remaining superpower.
你们选举的方式 你们生活的方式 你们抗议的方式
the way you vote, the way you live, the way you protest,
你们给政府带来的压力 具有特别的影响力
the pressure you bring to your government has an impact way beyond your borders.
这是你们的特权 也是你们的责任
That is your privilege, and your burden.
如果你选择利用自己的地位和影响
If you choose to use your status and influence
去为那些没有发言权的人发声
to raise your voice on behalf of whose who have no voice right;
如果你选择不仅与强者为伍 而且还帮扶弱者
if you choose not only with powerful but with powerless,
如果你会设身处地
if you retain the ability to imagine yourself
为不如你的人着想
into the lives of those who do not have your advantages,
那么你的存在 将不仅是你家人的骄傲
then it will not only be your proud families who celebrate your existence,
更是无数因你的帮助而改变命运的人的骄傲
but thousands and millions of people whose reality you have helped change.
我们不需要改变世界的魔法
We do not need magic to change our world,
我们自己的内心就有这种力量:
we carry all the power we need inside ourselves already:
我们有能力梦想变得更美好
we have the power to imagine better.
我的演讲接近尾声了
I am nearly finish.
对你们 我有最后一个希望
I have one last hope for you,
那也是我21岁时就有的
which something that I already had at 21.
毕业那天坐在我身边的朋友现在是我终身好友
The friends with whom I sat on graduation day have been my friends for life.
他们是我孩子的教父教母
They are my children’s godparents,
他们在我遇到麻烦时愿意伸出援手
the people to whom I’ve been able to turn in times of trouble,
即便我用他们的名字给 “食死徒”起名也不会怪我
friends who have been kind enough not to sue me when I take their names for Death Eaters.
[笑声]
haha……
到毕业典礼之时 我们非常亲密地坐在一起
At our graduation we were bound by enormous affection,
我们拥有共同的永远无法再来的经历
by our shared experience at the time that could never come again.
当然 我们也知道 要是我们中的某一个去竞选首相
and of couse, by the knowledge that we held certain photographic evidence
那照片将是极为宝贵的关系证明
that would be exceptionally valuable if any of us ran for Prime Minister.
[笑声]
haha……
所以今天我可以给你们的 没有比拥有知己更好的祝福了
So today I wish you nothing better than similar friendships.
明天 我希望即使你们不记得我说的任何一个字
And tomorrow, I hope that even if you remember not a single word of mine,
你们也还能记得塞内加的一句话
you remember those of Seneca,
我当年没有顺着事业的阶梯向上攀爬 转而与他在古典文学的殿堂相遇
another of those old Romans I met when I fled down the Classics corridor,
他的古老智慧给了我人生的启迪:
in retreat from career ladders, in search of ancient wisdom:
生活就像故事一样
As is a tale, so is life:
不在于长短
not how long it is,
而在于质量
but how good it is,
而在于质量
is what matters.
我祝愿你们都有美好的生活
I wish you all very good lives.
非常感谢
Thank you very much.
[掌声]
applause

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

《哈利.波特》作者J.K罗琳K罗琳在2008年哈佛大学毕业典礼上的演讲。

听录译者

Jenny

翻译译者

陈小米

审核员

与光同尘

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHGqp8lz36c

相关推荐