未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

你不一定需要计划

It is okay not to have a plan | Mithila Palkar | TEDxNITSilchar

译者:Queenie Lee校对:Peter van de Ven
Translator: Queenie LeeReviewer: Peter van de Ven
你们中的一些一定在网上看过这个歌曲的视频
Some of you must have seen the video of this song online,
我要给大家讲述我制作它的故事
and I’ll tell you the storyof how I made it.
但在此之前 我有个问题问大家
But before that,I have a question for all of you.
我们这里有多少人酷爱名人 ?
How many of us over herehave had celebrity crushes?
几乎所有人 对吧 ?
Almost all of us, right?
而且我确信我们中有些人为接近这些明星已经做过一些疯狂的事
And I’m sure some of us must have done something crazy to reach out to these crushes.
有一天 我的一个朋友
This friend of mine, one day,
决定打包他的东西并离开他在巴罗达的家
decided to pack his bagsand leave his home in Baroda
来孟买邂逅他的一生所爱
and come to Mumbaito meet the love of his life.
Ameesha Patel
Ameesha Patel.
好吧 于是他就这么决定了
Well, OK, so he decided to do that.
而且他知道自己想以不同的身份与她相遇
And he knew that he wanted to meet her in a different capacity,
而不是以一个粉丝的身份 因为……自尊心
not as a fan, because… pride.
接触她的最简单的方式
And the easiest wayto get in touch with her
就是进娱乐圈 他的确这样做了
was to get into showbiz, and he did.
最终 多年以后 他意识到这的确是他爱做的事情
Eventually over the years, he realized that this was actually something that he liked doing,
并且他坚持做下去了
and he stuck to it.
从开始演戏到现在 已经过去10年了
It’s been 10 years nowsince he started acting,
至于Ameesha Patel 现在…… 已经成为他的过去
and Ameesha Patel now is… history in his life.
所以 就像他们说的那样
So you know like they say,
“当你忙于安排其他事时 生活不期而至”
life happens to you when you’re busy planning other things.
这是其中一个典型的例子
This is a classic example of that.
事情并不总是按计划发展的
Things don’t always workaccording to plan.
所以我想说:其实没有计划也是可行的
So let me tell you something: it’s OK to not have one.
我不曾做过计划
I did not have a plan.
我有的只是热情 我决定去追求的
I had a passion,which I decided to pursue,
最终 一切都会实现
and eventually,everything fell into place.
在我五岁那年
You know, when I was five,
我的家人曾经鼓励我
my family used to encourage me
在家庭聚会上当着客人的面 唱歌 跳舞
to sing and dance in front of guests, at family gatherings.
一开始我很害羞 甚至是尴尬
And I used to be shy at first,maybe even awkward,
但是我顺从了他们的要求
but I gave into their requests.
我意识到作为一个表演者我很享受
I realized that I was enjoyingbeing the entertainer.
但这是使我相信
But this is the same familythat conditioned me to believe
过上成功 理想的生活就是
that the mantrato live a successful ideal life
长大 毕业并且找到一份“体面”工作这一咒语的同一个家庭
is you grow up, you graduate,and you find a”decent” job.
我的典型的中产阶级 马拉地家族
This typical middle-classMarathi family of mine,
如预料的那样 对我的表演愿望反应平平
as expected, was not very thrilledabout my acting aspirations.
实际上 那个时候 可能连我自己也不太确信
And actually, back then, maybe even I wasn’t very convinced about it,
因为我没有一个榜样可以指着说 “嘿 如果她能做到 我也可以”
because I didn’t have a role model to point out to and say, “Hey, if she can do it, I can too.”
而且 有这样一个计划会让我感到舒适:
Plus,I was comfortablewith having a plan:
长大 毕业然后找个“体面”的工作 记住了吗
you grow up, you graduate,and you find a”decent” job. Remember?
所以 在研究生院醉心于大众传媒时
So while pursuing mass mediain my graduate school,
我碰巧在一家剧院做志愿者
I happened to volunteerat a theatre company,
并成为青年戏剧节的一员 我帮忙组织过
and got to be a part of a youth theatre festival, which I helped organize.
我很开心 因为我接近了戏剧界
I was happy because I got to be around the theatre world,
而且我的家人也很开心 因为我正在做活动管理
and my family was happy because I was doing event management,
这是真正的工作
which was real work.
当我开始在戏剧节上工作时
When I started working on this festival,
它变成了我生命里的一个转折点
that festival turned out to be a turning point in my life,
因为当我目睹演员们在台上表演时
because when I witnessedactors perform on stage,
我意识到那就是我想去的地方
I realized that that’s where I want to be.
我意识到我想成为说故事的人
I realized I wanted to be the storyteller.
我想要成为故事
I wanted to be the story,
并且我明白如果我不去追求
and I knew that if I did not pursue it,
我会变得心神不宁也不快乐
I was going to be extremelyrestless and unhappy.
所以我遵循直觉 并决定说服我的家人
So I gave into my gut, and I decided to convince my family.
但是这需要一些勇气和甜言蜜语
But it took some courage and a lot
来让我的家庭屈服
of cajoling from my family to finally give in,
尽管犹豫过 但他们最终还是让步了
hesitantly so, but they gave in.
我想这是个好的开始
I thought it was not that bad a beginning.
一开始有些坎坷
I had a bumpy start,
因为我知道我想成为一名演员
because I knew I wanted to be an actor,
没什么可说的
and that was that.
我不确定自己是否想拍电影
I wasn’t sure if I wanted to do films,
或者是否想成为
or if I wanted to be part
电视广告或者日常泡沫剧的角色
of television commercials or daily soaps,
或是否想扎根剧院
or if I wanted to stick to theatre.
所以我决定边走边找出答案
So I decided that I’d figure it out as I go along,
我尽力做所有正确的事
and I tried to do all the right things,
比如我开始找工作
like I started looking for work,
我开始试镜 确保一切在掌控中
I started auditioning,made sure I was on the radar.
作为孟买人
You know, as Mumbaikars,
每一天 我们都被训练面对拒绝
we are trained to face rejectionevery single day,
多亏了人力车夫
thanks to Rickshawalas.
因为无论你想去哪儿
Because no matter where you want to go,
在某个好心人出现之前
you will have to gothrough at least three rejections
你都至少会被拒绝三次
before some kind soul comes along.
我一点儿也不知道 这些人力车夫正在为
Little did I know that these Rickshawalas are preparing me
我未来生活中要面对的拒绝做准备
for the rejectionsI will be facing in my life ahead.
要知道试镜这件事
See the thing with auditions is
无论你在那儿表现是好是坏
that no matter how good or badyou were at it,
不管表现如何
regardless of your performance,
你应该知道 如果试镜转换成邀约
you should know that if an audition has to translate into an offer,
那不受你的控制
that is not in your control.
你能控制的就是把自己最好的表现出来
What is in your controlis to give your best.
我来告诉你
And let me tell you,
实际上没有很多的试镜转换成邀约
not a lot of those auditions actually translated into offers,
但是它对于我来说变成了一些极好的学习经历
but it turned out to be some fantastic learning experiences for me.
不仅对我的技能提升有所帮助
It was not just for my skills,
也因为我学会了培养顺应力
it was because I also learned to build resilience.
所以 我确信这是我们都经历过的事情
So I’m sure this is somethingthat we all have experienced.
失败使人非常容易放弃
Failure makes it very easy to give up,
如果失败多次 放弃就变得更加容易
and if failure strikes multiple times,it becomes even easier.
但是我意识到我不应该放弃
But I realized that I shouldn’t give up,
我要坚持到底 我很庆幸我这样做了
and I kept at it and I’m glad that I did, because,
因为就像人力车夫一样
like with the Rickshawalas,
你永远不知道实际上谁会
you never know who will actually give into your plea
接受你的恳求然后把你送到目的地
of taking you to your destination.
但是仅仅因为其中六个人连续对你说“不”
But just because six of themsaid”no” to you in a row
并不意味着你对回家不再抱有希望 对吗?
doesn’t mean you’ll give upon going home, right?
你不得不找到一个替代品
You will have to find an alternative.
你不得不奔波
You will have to hustle.
事事得来皆不易
Nothing is going to come easy.
实际上不做计划对我来说
Not having a plan actually turned
变得相当有用
out to be quite useful for me,
因为当我在试着找出
because when I was
我想做什么的时候
in the middle of trying to figure out what to do,
我偶然与网络接触了
I chanced upon the internet.
当我开始使用互联网时
When I started with the Internet,
大约一年半以前
which was about a year and a half ago,
我们都习惯了在线观看喜剧片
we’d all been used to watchingcomedy sketches online,
但网络系列或网络节目的概念非常新颖
but the concept of web series or web shows was pretty novel;
很少有人会研究它
not a lot of peoplehad given into it, yet.
我觉得这是个相当不错的主意
I thought it wasa pretty interesting idea,
我认为我会最大限度地利用好这个机会
and I thought I’ll makemost of this opportunity.
经过一段时间
Over a period of time,
我有了自己的朋友圈和良师益友
I had built my network of friends and mentors,
他们一直是我最强大的后盾
who have been and still continue to be my biggest support system.
他们支持我做出这个决定
So they backed me up on this decision,
于是我决定冒险一试
and I decided to take the plunge.
当我用在YouTube上的第一次网络表演
When I started my web journeywith my first web show,
即一个新闻讽刺喜剧秀开启自己的网络之旅时
which was a news satire comedy show
(我现在仍在这样做)
on a YouTube channelI still continue to work with,
我意识到了网络的力量
I realized the power of the Internet.
因为这个节目得到了来自世界各地的推动
Because the show got a boostfrom all over the world;
来自世界各地的人们开始给我们写信
from different parts of the worldpeople started writing to us.
那杯子之歌 也是一时兴起的
That cup song,that happened on a whim, too.
一个美好的下午 我当时因感冒在家
I was just chilling,one fine afternoon at home,
我正在玩杯子
and I was playing the cups
用它打拍子唱不同的歌曲
and singing different songs on it,
然后我决定制作一个视频
and I decided to make a video.
所以 我打电话给我的朋友说
So I called my friend and said,
“你能过来吗?我需要有人帮我拍摄”
“Can you come over?I need somebody to hold the camera.”
她拿着手机相机 我坐在房间里
She got her phone camera,and I’m sitting at my house,
我们把它记录下来 随后我把这个视频上传到网上
and we recorded this,and I uploaded this video
如果你仔细听
with the”tring, tring” of the bicyclein the background –
就可以听到背景中自行车的“tring tring”声
if you listen to it keenly,
我不知道你能听到的其他噪音是什么
I don’t know what all other noises you’ll be able to hear.
但无论如何 我把那个视频放在网上
But I put that video up, anyway,
它得到的关注出人意料
and the attention that it gotwas unexpected.
这是我做的一件没有过多计划的事情
This something that I didwithout too much planning,
只是因为有趣 结果却改变了我的游戏规则
just for fun, turned outto be a game-changer for me.
它为我打开了更多的途径
It opened so many more avenues for me,
给了我非常多的新机会
gave me so many new opportunities
这让我想知道 如果我花时间去思考
that it makes me wonderwhat it would have been like
然后计划怎样做一个完美的视频
had I spent the time to think and
那会是什么样子 ?
plan how to make a perfect video.
我们中的多数都被迫在年纪很小的时候
You know, a lot of us are forced to make very important decisions
做出非常重要的决定
very early in life,
我们甚至不确定我们想要做什么
and we’re not even sure what we want to do;
而我不是
I wasn’t.
那很好
And that is OK.
关键就是去尝试且无所畏惧地去做
The answer lies in experimentingand doing so fearlessly.
没有人会有一条规定好的路
Everyone does not havea chalked-out path.
如果你决定当一个演员
If you decide to be an actor,
你不必要和我走一样的路
your journey and my journey is not necessarily going to be the same.
你知道 一些爱打听的叔叔和阿姨
You know, some prying uncles and aunties,
或者是一些家庭成员 或家人朋友
or some family members or family friends
曾问过我 :
had asked me this:
“你的姐姐是个科学家
“ Your sister is a scientist;
你怎么选择做这个呢?”
how come you chose to do this?”
我的意思是 我的姐姐
I mean, my elder sister,
我很尊敬她 同时她也激励着我
I do look up to her, and she does inspire me,
但是我没必要变成一个科学家去证明这一点
but I didn’t have to becomea scientist to prove that.
事实上 我也不认为我曾经对她说过这个
In fact, I don’t thinkI’ve told her this, either,
但是在我的生活中
but there was a point
我想做她所做过的一切
in my life where I wanted to do everything that she did. So,
她有又长又顺滑的直发
she used to have long, silky straight hair;
她依然如故
she still does.
但是当我小的时候
But when I was a little kid,
我以前留着短发
I used to have really short hair.
所以我曾系着一个围巾
So I used to tie a dupatta
头上围着发带
around my head with a hairband,
只是为了假装有像她那样的头发
just to pretend to have hair like hers.
我曾经想要和她去一样的学校 一样的大学
I wanted to go to the same school as hers, same college. Eventually,
最终我明白了 自己可以不做她做过的事
I realized that it was OK to not do what she was doing,
她仍然会为我感到骄傲
and she was still going to be proud of me.
阿尔伯特•爱因斯坦曾说过:
Albert Einstein once said:
“如果你以爬树的本领
“ If you judge a fish
来判断一条鱼的能力
by its ability to climb the tree,
那它终其一生都会以为自己是个笨蛋”
it’s going to spend all its lifebelieving that it’s stupid.”
你可能对一件事不是很擅长
You might not be good at one thing,
但是你会在其他三件事上做得更好
but you will be better at three others.
我学到了这一点
I learned this the very hard way,
但你不能让每个人开心
but you cannot make everyone happy.
然而 你能做的就是让自己开心
What you can do, however,is make yourself happy,
并且这是非常非常重要的
and that is very, very important.
所以要勇敢 要对自己有信心
So be brave, have faith in yourself,
找出让你开心的事 然后去做
figure out what makes you happy, and go do it.
得到工作 辞去工作 跳舞 唱歌 恋爱
Get a job, leave a job,dance, sing, fall in love,
开创你自己的商机
carve your own niche.
但是最重要的是 : 学会拥抱不可预测性
But most importantly: learn to embrace the randomness.
谢谢大家
Thank you.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

女演员用自己的经历说明人生不必有过多计划,要学会接受不确定性

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Stacey

审核员

审核员 V

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmeGVhhbGrM

相关推荐