ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

互联网让人变得更刻薄了吗? – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

互联网让人变得更刻薄了吗?

Is the Internet Making You Meaner?

Do you ever catch yourself saying something online
你会在网络上说一些
that you probably wouldn’t say in real life?
你不太可能会在现实生活中说的话吗?
I’m looking at you internet trolls.
喷子我在看着你呢
Got something bad to say to me?
要说我的坏话吗?
Come at me bro, come on.
来啊兄弟 来啊
I’m just kidding.
我只是开个玩笑啦
We don’t get trolls on our videos.
这里没人是喷子
Y’all are all great.
大家都很棒!
But you know what I’m talking about, right?
但你知道我接下来要谈什么 对吧?
Like for example, my name is Myles with a Y, Bess, B-E-S-S
举个例子吧 我叫麦尔斯•贝斯
and I got into a little altercation with a guy
我和另一个人起了点争执
’cause his name was Miles with an I, B-E-S-T.
因为他的名字是迈尔斯•贝斯特
So I was talking trash.
所以我一直在抬杠
I just kept tweeting him like there can only be one.
我不停给他发推 像“只能有一个麦尔斯!”
I’m better than you, get off Twitter.
“我比你强多了 滚出推特!”之类的话
Now I was the aggressor in the whole situation.
在这件事上我是挑衅的那一方
I probably wouldn’t a done it if I had to see him face to face
如果我们在现实认识的话我可能不会这样做
but I was online then I feel protected by the internet.
但我是在网上 我感觉网络会保护我
I think we’ve all seen how online conversations
我想我们都见过网络交流
can quickly take a turn for the worse.
能很快地把事情搞砸的样子
Just look at any time a woman posts anything on social media.
看看一名女性在社交媒体上发布的所有动态就行了
There’s always somebody commenting about how she looks
总会有某些人在对她的外表
or how she’s doing something wrong.
她做的错事评头论足
Just ask my friend Julia from Two Cents,
我问了我朋友Julia的看法
a personal finance show on YouTube.
她在油管主持一个个人理财节目《两分钱》
– You’re so right Myles.
迈尔斯你说的很对
I have the very unique experience
我有一段非常特殊的经历
of becoming pregnant, visibly so and having a baby
我经历了怀孕 显怀 到生娃的过程
while I have a YouTube channel.
在这期间我仍在主持我的油管频道
and while I was talking about like important things about money and trying to teach,
当我谈到像资金这样重要的事并想作出指导时
so many of the comments were focused on my ever changing body.
很多评论只注意到我变形的身材
It kinda feels like it’s super easy to be mean to each other online.
这件事让人感觉人们在网上很容易变得刻薄
So today we’re asking, is the internet making us mean?
所以我们要问的是 互联网让人变刻薄了吗?
So it’s a real thing.
这并非空穴来风
The internet really can make people act differently online than they do face to face.
相对于面对面交谈 人们在网络上表现得更加不同
Researchers call this the online disinhibition effect.
研究者把这种现象称为网络去抑制效应
You know that little inner voice in the back of your head
你有过脑后有个很轻的声音
that tells you something might be a bad idea?
在对你说这可能不是个好主意的时候吗?
Well the internet can kinda shut that voice up.
网络可以让那个声音闭嘴
You might end up saying or doing something mean that you’ll regret later or
最终你可能会说出或做出一些 让你之后会后悔的刻薄话与刻薄事
or sharing something that’s a little TMI.
或者吐槽一些鸡毛蒜皮的小事
But online disinhibition effect isn’t always a bad thing.
但网络去抑制效应也不全都是坏的一面
Plot twist, sometimes good things
剧情扭转 有时候好事
can come from the disinhibition effect.
也能来源于去抑制效应
Like when someone might open up about something private online
好比 有人也许会在网上敞开心扉说一些私事
and get some much needed support.
并想要得到支持 这种情况
Let me break it down for you.
让我来为你逐一分析
Back in 2004, psychologist John Suler
回到2004年 心理学家约翰•舒乐
published a paper outlining this phenomenon.
发表了一篇概述这一现象的论文
This paper’s kind of a big deal.
这篇论文有着不小的影响
It’s been sited over 3,000 times.
它的引用次数超过了3000次
That means it’s shown up in a bunch of other research.
这意味着它在一连串别的研究里都有出现
In the paper there’s two types of disinhibition,
论文中说 去抑制效应可分为两类
toxic disinhibition
首先是恶性去抑制效应
where you have a tendency to act meaner than you would in real life,
它会让你在网上表现得比现实中要刻薄
making the internet a hostile place.
这使网络充满了敌意
But there’s also benign disinhibition,
但也有良性去抑制效应
where people can open up and share more than they normally would,
人们比平时更开放 更喜欢分享
which can create a positive online experience.
这创造了积极正面的网络氛围
So why do we act differently online?
所以我们在网上的行为为什么会有所不同呢?
Well if you think about it, there’s a lot about chatting
如果你仔细想想 你会发现网络聊天
online that’s pretty different than talking in person.
和面对面交谈有很多不同的地方
And it’s these differences that can lead us
这些差异会导致我们
to do things online that we normally wouldn’t do.
在网上做我们平常不会做的事
In the paper, there’s about six main things
论文中讲了网络交流的六个特征
about online communication that lower disinhibition.
它们会削弱去抑制效应
But for this video, we’ll focus on the big three.
但在这个视频里 我们会着重看最主要的三个特征
One, anonymity,
1 匿名性
two, lag time,
2 时间滞后性
and three, lack of nonverbal cues.
3 缺少非语言暗示
Okay first, let’s discuss anonymity,
我们先来谈谈匿名性吧
which by the way is one of the hardest words to say in the English language.
顺便说一句 它是用英语最难说的单词之一
A lot of time we’re communicating online, we’re anonymous,
很多时候我们在网上都是匿名聊天
which means other users don’t know who we really are.
这意味着别的用户不知道我们是谁
This is especially true on forums or anonymous apps
尤其是在论坛或匿名的app上
and this lack of accountability can make us
没有实名制让我们
free to do or say whatever
想做啥说啥都可以
We’re less worried about real life consequences
我们很少去担忧这给现实造成的影响
because no one knows who we are.
因为没人知道我们是谁
So you might just be saying stuff all willy-nilly.
所以你可能会说一些乱七八糟的话
But on the other hand, you could open up about personal stuff that’s bothering you.
但另一方面 这让你可以吐槽让你觉得很烦的事
Next up is lag time.
接下来是时间滞后性
When we’re communicating online and on social media,
当我们在网络和社交媒体上进行交谈时
it doesn’t always happen in real time.
它并不总是实时发生
There’s often a delay between when we post something
我们发布动态总会有延迟
and when we get a response
当我们收到评论后
and this lag time can lead us
滞后的时间能让我们
to say more impulsive stuff.
说些更冲动的话
We could just post something and bounce and
我们可以只是吐槽 接着拍屁股走人
not really worry about the consequences.
不去担心会有什么后果
But on the flip side, this delay can also give us more time
但另一方面 滞后能给予我们更多的时间
to pause and think about how we respond to something.
来停下来思考要怎么回复别人
Finally, let’s talk about how there’s a lack of non-verbal cues online.
最后我们来谈谈缺少网络中的非语言暗示缺乏问题
So even if you know who someone is online,
即使你和现实的朋友在网上聊天
you can’t always read their body language, facial expressions, or tone,
你也不能读到他们的肢体语言 面部表情 说话腔调
which give you super value information
而这些非语言暗示会给你提供非常有价值的信息
to how them may be feeling
来让你知道他们的感受
Without these cues to respond to,
如果没有这种提示还去回复别人
you might not self-censor as much.
你可能会落到老是自问到底哪里做错的境地
Like if you’re talking to someone face to face
就比如你和别人面对面聊天
and you can read that they’re unhappy or bored
你能知道他们现在很难过 或很烦
or indifferent to what you’re saying, you might choose to shut up.
或根本不在意你说的话 这时你可能会识相地闭嘴
But online, you don’t have those cues,
但在网上 你不会得到这些暗示
so you’ll probably just keep going.
所以你可能会一直聊下去
Side note, this is exactly why we need a sarcasm font.
备注 这就是我们需要讽刺字体的原因
It’s gotten me in trouble way too much.
这一点让我遭了很多罪
Okay so all that can help explain why we act differently online
这些都能帮助我们解释为什么我们在网络上会表现出另一面
and like I said before, some times that’s a good thing and sometimes it’s bad.
像我之前说过的 任何事物都有两面性
This kind of freedom can create really supportive environments online.
这种自由能营造更正面的网络环境
It can be helpful if you’re young and trying to figure out your identity.
如果年轻人想要弄清楚自己的性取向的话 网络会很有帮助
Like take for example someone who’s thinking about coming out.
举个例子 有个人想要出柜
They can find support in hearing about other people’s journeys
他可以从别人的经历中得到支持
and they can post and ask questions that
还可以问一些
they may otherwise not feel comfortable asking in person.
可能不好意思当面问的问题
And there’s research to back this up.
有研究就支持这个观点
There’s a positive association between online forums
网络论坛与边缘化群体的幸福感之间
and wellbeing of people in marginalized groups.
有着积极正面的联系
Online communities can also help people
网络社区还会帮助人们
deal with problems they might be too shy or embarrassed to talk about in person.
解决当面谈论会害羞或尴尬的问题
Like if you’re grappling with a health problem
当你在与健康问题
or a relationship concern or a variety of other sensitive issues
或人际关系问题 或别的敏感话题作斗争时
and these types of meaningful connections can be a really good thing.
这些有意义的联系是一件好事
Like really good. Really good.
真的很好 真的
And benefits from online forum can expand to the real world.
网络论坛的益处可以延伸到现实世界
People can feel empowered to rally and organize behind causes.
人们会因某种原因去参加集会或组织 并从中得到力量
But the flip side of all of this is that people are also inclined to act out,
但所有这些的另一面是 人们倾向于表现
so it’s not surprising that recent surveys have found that
所以最近的研究发现
40% of adults have experienced harassment online and 66% have witnessed it.
40%的成年人经历过网络骚扰 66%的成年人见证过
And 59% of teens have been harassed or cyberbullied.
59%的青少年曾经被网络骚扰或欺凌 也就不足为奇了
Not cool people, just be nice.
这并不酷啊 做个好人吧
Of course it’s not all the online disinhibition effect that makes us act a certain way online.
当然网络去抑制效应并不是使我们在网上以某种方式行事的唯一原因
Other things like your personality and your life experiences
其他比如你的性格 生活经历
definitely influence how you act.
也绝对会影响你的行为
Researchers have even found
研究甚至发现
that there are certain online conditions that can provoke people into trolling.
某些特定的网络情境会引发人们的恶意挑衅
If you wanna learn more about that, check out our video on internet trolls.
如果你想了解更多这方面的信息 点击我们关于网络巨魔的视频
You know I love a shameless plug.
你们知道 我喜欢不要脸地打个广告
So for better or worse, the internet really can
无论如何 网络确实会
make you act differently than you would face to face.
让你表现得和面对面表现的不一样
So as always, I’m your host Myles Bess.
和往常一样 我是你们的主持人迈尔斯•贝斯
Now I share when I was mean to Miles Best,
我分享了我对麦尔斯•贝斯特的刻薄时刻
but now I wanna know have you ever acted differently online that you wouldn’t in person.
但我想知道你有没有在网上表现得 和现实当面聊天不同的时候
Tell us about it in the comments below.
在下面的评论里告诉我们吧
Feeling inspired to learn more about how technology affects you?
想要更多了解科技怎样影响你?
Be sure to check out our video that asks,
欢迎点击我们的视频
when is the right age to start using social media?
“开始使用社交媒体的最佳年龄是几岁?”
I also wanna give a shout out to Common Sense Education
我还想给《常识教育》打个广告
who we collabed with on this video.
我们在这个视频中合作
If you’re a teacher,
如果你是老师
be sure to check out their digital citizenship curriculum in the description below.
请务必在下方描述中查看他们的数字公民课程
Thanks guys. You’re awesome. Till next time, peace out.
谢谢你们 你们都很棒 下次见啦 拜拜

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

视频举了几个生动的例子以及通过研究调查、数据分析等来为我们解释互联网让人变刻薄的原因。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

卷毛

审核员

审核员_BA

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fx8hN5JyZM

相关推荐