ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

过多的作业会伤害孩子吗? – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

过多的作业会伤害孩子吗?

Is Excessive Homework Harming Children?

过多家庭作业会伤害我们的孩子吗?
Is too much homework harming our kids?
一个不断增长的趋势也许让我们相信这个结论
Well a growing trend might lead one to believe it is.
家庭作业治疗专家
Homework therapists.
每节课要收几百美元的费用
For a few hundred dollars per session,
家庭作业治疗专家兼做两份工作
homework therapists work double duty
将家庭教师的传统角色与
by combining the traditional role of a tutor
治疗专家的角色结合 教孩子应对
with the therapist like approach to teach kids to cope
学校带来的日益增长的压力和焦躁
with the growing stress and anxiety of school.
你是治疗师 什么时候会雇治疗师呢
You’re a therapist, when do you hire a therapist?
你会在确实需要帮助的时候雇用治疗师
Well you hire a therapist when you actually need help,
当你确实患有精神疾病的时候
when you actually have a mental illness,
患上焦虑症
when you have an anxiety disorder,
患上PTSD时
when you have post traumatic stress disorder.
完成家庭作业才能顺利度过每天的生活
To get through everyday life, homework every single day.
第一 这些人没有执照
Okay number one, these are not licensed therapist.
是的 他们不需要
Yeah they don’t need a license.
第二 他们收费上百美元
Number two they’re charging hundreds of dollars,
谁能负担一小时上百美元
who has hundreds of dollars an hour
就为了雇人每天帮孩子做家庭作业 对吗?
for your kids to do homework everyday, right?
50到75分钟课就要收200到600
Like 200 to $ 600 for 50 to 75 minutes for the session.
他们做什么呢? 无非是
And what they do, they do things like,
给孩子发短信说 今天要乐观哦
text your kids and say you know, be positive today,
好好准备期中考 你可以做到的
get ready for that midterm, you can do it.
哪里能报名呢?
Where can I sign up for that,
我也想当
I wan na be one of those.
你这样说是因为你现在没有孩子在学校
You don’t have kids in that arena now.
学校的竞争太激烈了
It’s so competitive with schools,
尤其是想进私立学校的
especially if you’re trying to get into private schools.
从初级中学开始 再想进
It starts off in grammar school then you wan na get
这个学校 然后想进这个学校
into this school, then you wan na get into this
最后是准备进大学
school and then you’re getting ready for college.
而且家长的压力要比孩子更大
And it’s the parents that have more anxiety than the kids,
因为他们给孩子们灌输
because they have instilled in those kids
你必须这么做 你必须要成功的思想
that you have to do this, you have to be successful.
你必须学会让孩子们靠自己成功
You have to learn to let the kids work it out
这也是成长的一部分
on their own, that’s part of growing up.
[掌声]
(audience applauds)
奥登博士 对你的观点我想说
I mean to your point Dr. Ordon,
2005年 青少年抑郁发病病率是8.7%
in 2005 the depression rate for teens was 8.7%
而在现在2015年 是12.7%
and in 2015 now 12.7%.
我们可以发现青少年抑郁焦虑率持续增长
So we are seeing teen depression anxiety rates going up.
所以我认为这是有原因的
So I think that there is something to that
但另一项我经常提到的研究
but the other piece of research that I always point to
也是我工作中经常看到的现象
and I always see in my practice,
是关于00后和直升机式养育方式的
is that the millennium generation, helicopter parenting.
当我们走进厕所替孩子擦屁股的时候
When we go into the bathroom and wipe our children’s butts
当孩子16岁了 我们还在做所有事
when they’re 16 years old and we’re doing everything,
我们帮他们做作业 还说
we’re doing their homework, we’re like oh,
哦 你要喝口水吗?
do you need a sip of water,
我们总绕着孩子转 他们不能自己完成任何事
we’re following them around, they can’t do anything for themselves,
你明白我的意思吗?
do you know what I mean?
然后他们去了大学
And then they get to college and they
却不会处理日常事务
don’t know how to do everyday things.
-因此他们-常识事务
So they can — Common sense things.
是常识性事务
Common sense things.
我们为孩子搭好垫脚石
So we are actually doing them a disservice,
但其实是在帮倒忙 对吗?
by setting them up with this amount of scaffolding, right?
我们其实需要容许他们去经历一些挫折
We need to allow them to actually fall a little bit,
-去犯错-孩子就是孩子
to make mistakes.Let kids be kids.
[掌声]
(audience applauds)
一切靠他们自己
on their own.
而且你应该不需要作业治疗师
And you shouldn’t need a homework therapist.
但你看到现在数学题了吗
But have you seen that new math though,
我觉得父母需要治疗师
I think parents might need a therapist
因为他们在帮助孩子做数学
because they’re trying to help their kids with the math.
我们在算术方面都需要些帮助
We all needed a little extra help in calculus,
我明白这点
I mean I can see that.
但是新的数学是不同的
But that new math it’s something different.
你没有还在上学的孩子 但这是不同的
You don’t have young kids,it’s different.
这不是一样的数学 他们对数字的使用不一样
It’s not the same math, they’re doing something different with those numbers.
家长也不能帮做作业 对吗?
And the parents can’t help with that homework, right.
所以他们需要治疗师
Yeah so they probably need a therapist. Yeah,
对!
yeah.
[笑声]
(laughs)
所以我觉得底线是让孩子随他们去吧
Well I think the bottom line is, let kids be kids,
让他们走去公园 让他们玩得浑身尘土
meaning let’em walk to the park, let’em get dirty,
让他们进行艰难的学习
let’em learn the hard way.
如果他们不做作业 他们自己承受代价
They don’t do their homework, well they’re gonna pay for it.

Yeah.
他们在学校会被批评
They are gonna pay for it the next day at school,
而且他们得不到高分
and they’re not gonna get a good grade and,
我是说 我们确实要看管 鼓励他们
I mean you have to watch them,you have to encourage them.
但是
But
让他们自己去完成去选择 对吗?
let them make it or break it on their own, right?
对!
Yeah!

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

Talk show

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

🍋

审核员

审核员_XY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DRkveCt2vc

相关推荐