未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

雄性的袋鼠有育儿袋吗?

Inside a Kangaroo Pouch - Smarter Every Day 139

嗨 是我 徳斯坦 欢迎回到“每天聪明一点”
Hey it’s me Destin, welcome back to Smarter Every Day.
一个简单问题
Simple question here.
你知道 真的知道
Do you know, like really know,
袋鼠育儿袋是什么样的吗?
what a kangaroo pouch looks like?
几年前 我受邀去澳大利亚帮助推广National Science Week
Several years ago I was invited to Australia to help promote National Science Week
和我的朋友 Chris 一起 他有个网站叫Science Alert
with my friend Chris who has a website called Science Alert.
就我所知道的袋鼠育儿袋
As far as I knew kangaroo pouches look like,
嗯 你懂的 像你牛仔裤的口袋 就像个小褶子
well you know, your jean pocket, like a little flap.
我们都看过卡通版的袋鼠 但 那就是育儿袋的本来面目吗?
We’ve all seen cartoons of kangaroos but is that what a kangaroo pouch looks like?
我的妻子和我飞去探望Chris 然后立马发生了这样的事
My wife and I flew over to visit Chris and right off the bat this happened.
那有只袋鼠
– There’s a kangaroo!
快看它
Look there he goes.
它要跑到我们这儿来了
– He’s gonna come our way.
(徳斯坦)哦 天呐
(Destin) Oh man.
它要在我们前面横穿过去
– He’s gonna cut right across in front of us.
哦 我的天
– Oh my goodness!
讲真
Seriously!
你会看见些死在路上的动物 现在你知道为什么了
– You will see some roadkill, and now you’ll know why.
(徳斯坦)它们 不太机智哈
(Destin) Not really smart, are they.
天 那可真怪异
Man that is bizarre.
按顺序来
– On queue as demanded.
[笑]
[laughs]
我打过个电话 我说我想在中国大使馆那儿要个袋鼠
I called that in. I said I want a roo at the Chinese Embassy.
(徳斯坦)哦 对 那是中国大使馆
(Destin) Oh yeah that is the Chinese..
4:23……在那儿
– 4:23.. Be there.
[笑]
[laughter]
对 这挺酷的 但那不像是个野生袋鼠
– And yeah that’s pretty cool but it didn’t feel like a wild kangaroo
所以 我要求Chris 带我们去当地的Tidbinbilla野生动物保护区
so I asked Chris to take us to a local area called the Tidbinbilla Nature Preserve
那里有着成百上千的袋鼠
where hundreds of kangaroos are known to hang out.
你来喂?
You rolling?
我喂
– Rolling.
-好吧 我们在荒野里度过了所有的时光 然后我们回来烤了些香肠 它们正向我们走来
– OK we spent all that time out in the wilderness and then we come back to grill some sausage and they’re coming up to us,
显然 我们必须要看是否能找到育儿袋
so obviously we have to see if we can find the pouch.
我没把手伸进去
– I’m not sticking my hand in there.
试试吧
– Just try it.
你看见他的指甲了没?就像……
– Did you see his nails? Like this..
但……他们在地上 看 快去
– But it’s.. They’re on the ground. Look, go for it.
看 你有生物学学位 我没有
Look, you have a degree in biology and I don’t.
我想他有个小的
– I think he does have a small one. I think.
你办到了
– There you go.
你想让我给他些零食吗?
– You want me to give him some more nibbles?
你真棒 你真棒
You’re good, you’re good.
[笑]
[laughs]
今天我们知道了袋鼠没有育儿袋
Today we learn kangaroos do not have pouches.
好的 我放些在这儿……
Alright, I’m gonna sit this there…
好的 让我……我来摸摸看这儿
Alright, let me.. I’m just gonna reach under here.
不不不 没事 没事 兄弟
No no no, it’s cool, it’s cool dude.
没必要拉粑粑 没必要拉粑粑
No need to poop, no need to poop.
这儿 我就是想摸摸看你的育儿袋
Here, I’m just feeling for your pouch
我们就干这个
that’s all we’re doing here.
我好温柔的
I’m very gentle.
我试着摸到育儿袋 我没……
I’m trying to get the pouch. I haven’t..
那不是育儿袋 兄弟
– That ain’t the pouch buddy.
[笑]
– [laughs]
我摸到了肋骨
I feel ribs.
看看我们有什么
What’ve we got.
兄弟 你真了不起
Bro, you’re awesome.
我找不到育儿袋在哪儿[笑]
I can’t find a pouch. [laughs]
好的 这是……
OK this is a..
雄性有育儿袋吗?
Do males have pouches?
我不晓得
– I don’t know.
[笑]
– [laughs]
我的逻辑是这样的
This is my logic.
雌性有乳头 她们喂养宝宝
Females have nipples and feed babies.
雌性袋鼠有育儿袋 带着幼崽
Female kangaroos have pouches and hold joeys.
我有乳头 我不养宝宝
I have nipples and I don’t feed babies.
因此 雄性袋鼠可能有育儿袋
Therefore it’s possible that male kangaroos have pouches
但不养幼崽
but don’t hold joeys.
即使我直接接触这只袋鼠
Even though I was touching this kangaroo directly
形状有点奇怪
the geometry felt a little weird.
所以 第二天我们要去袋鼠谷
So the next day we’re driving to Kangaroo Valley
我有个天才的想法
I have a genius plan.
好的 我们随机走进一家 问问关于袋鼠的问题
OK we’re randomly walking up to a house and we’re gonna ask about kangaroos.
你的名字是什么来着?
And what was your name again?
安吉拉
– Angela.
安吉拉 所以 安伦告诉了我们一些关于袋鼠很奇妙的事
– Angela, so Alan has told us something that’s amazing about the kangaroo.
是什么呢?安伦
What is it Alan?
袋鼠是种令人惊讶的物种 十分不寻常
– Kangaroo is an amazing animal, it’s unusual,
世界上独一无二 长着皮毛的动物
it’s unique in the world, it’s a furred animal,
有四条腿 是世界上唯一一种睾丸长在阴茎前的动物
four-legged and it’s the only animal in the world that has its testicles in front of its penis.
我猜就这就是为什么摸起来这么奇怪的原因了
– I guess that explains why the geometry felt weird.
如果你知道 你也必须知道
If you know that, you have to know this.
我们试着……我有袋鼠
We were trying to.. I had a kangaroo,
他允许我拍他的腹部
and he let me pat his belly.
我找不到育儿袋
I couldn’t find a pouch.
雄性袋鼠有育儿袋吗?
Do male kangaroos have pouches?
没 他们没有育儿袋
– No they don’t have a pouch.
没有 只有雌性有?
– They don’t. Only the females?
只有雌性
– Only the females.
所以……怎么……他们生下来就有吗?
– So.. How.. Are they born with the pouch?
是的 生下来就有
– They’re born with a pouch, yes.
真的
– Really.
是的 好的……他们进化出育儿袋
– Yeah they are. Well.. They develop a pouch.
他们出生 很小 比你的小手指都小
They’re born, they’re minute, they’re smaller than your little finger
他们通过阴道出生
and they’re born through the vagina.
他们顺着袋鼠妈妈的皮毛往上爬
And then they climb up the front of the kangaroo on the fur.
她舔出一条道来 他们往上爬 进到育儿袋里
She licks a track, they climb up and they go into the pouch.
真的
– Really.
有时 她会有两至三个孩子
– Sometimes she’ll have two or three.
然后他靠近乳头
Then he attaches to the nipple.
奶嘴
– To the teat.
是的 他靠这个活下去
– Yeah he grows on it.
他不能张着嘴 到处跑
And he can’t be pulled off without tearing his mouth out
大概……哦 我想大概两个月左右吧
for about.. Oh I think it’s around about two months.
然后他开始长出皮毛
And then he starts to develop fur,
他就不在吸奶了
and he becomes detached from the nipple.
当他四个月大时 开始把头伸出来
And when he’s about four months old he starts to pop his head out,
四处看看什么之类的
look around and so on.
我们去过个地方叫Josephine’sGallery&Kangaroo Orphanage
– We went to a place called Josephine’s Gallery & Kangaroo Orphanage,
我觉得是个很酷的地方
which I thought was really cool
因为约瑟芬和她的丈夫特里在养育这些
because Josephine and her husband Terry raise these kangaroos
从如德克萨斯大小的地方到他们那里来的袋鼠
that come to them from all over an area the size of Texas.
基本上 他们必须再造子宫
They have to basically recreate what it’s like in a womb
为了喂养这些小袋鼠至成年
in order to nurse these small kangaroos up to maturity.
我从丈夫 特里那里学到 雌性袋鼠的育儿袋里
I learned from Terry, the husband, that the female kangaroo has four
有四个乳头 甚至他都不知道
nipples on the inside of the pouch and even he wasn’t sure if male
雄性袋鼠是否有乳头
kangaroos had nipples or not.
有点儿晃 好了
– Little wobbly… There you go.
所以 你的都是雌性吗?
– So are all of yours females?
这时全是雌性 是的
– Got all females at the moment, yep.
(徳斯坦)你说的育儿袋在哪儿?
(Destin) Where’s the pouch you said?
那儿
– It’s there.
真的啊
– Really.
那儿有好多毛
– Tuft of fur there.

– Wow.
是的 这有点儿紧
– Yes it’s quite compact.
[身后的谈论声]
[background conversation]
你在干吗?宝贝儿
– What you doing babe?
哦 你准备去睡觉 是吧?
Oh you ready to go back to bed are you?
你找到你的育儿袋了没?
You looking for your pouch already?
哦 找到了 我知道 呵呵呵 到里面来
Oh yes yes yes I know I know. Hohoho. In you go.
[笑]
[laughter]
每次我们喂她 她就给我们那么点儿时间
Every time we feed her she has that little bit of time down
她长大了就会慢慢增加的
and that’ll just slowly increase as she gets a bit older.
她大约蹦蹦跳跳了一周左右
So she’s only been hopping around just over a week
她开始学习站立 她做的好 是吧 小宝贝儿?嗯?
she’s been learning to stand, so she’s doing pretty good aren’t ya babe. Eh?
真可爱啊 但我们还是没看到育儿袋里面的情况
– So that’s cute and all but we still haven’t looked inside a kangaroo pouch.
所以 我们回到了悉尼 我们想起了大人物 塔朗加动物园
So we went back to Sydney, we called up the big guns, Taronga Zoo.
横穿悉尼海湾 太棒了
Across the bay in Sydney, it’s awesome.
我们坐着渡轮 所有澳大利亚的野生动物
We took a ferry, all kinds of Australian wildlife,
你乘缆车到山顶 俯瞰动物园
you take a cable car up to the top, overlooking the zoo
然后我们与山姆 动物园管理员 安排了一对一的时间
and then we schedule one-on-one time with Sam,
这是恰当的说法吗?
the zookeeper. Is that the proper term?
是的
– That’s right.
好的 这是佩妮 对吧?
– Alright and this is Penny right?
是的
– Yeah.
你说……
– And so you said..
呆在这儿 佩妮
Stay there Penny.
我们要……
We’re gonna go..
你的育儿袋在哪儿呀?
Where’s your pouch?
哦 在这儿
Oop, there it is.
在那儿哦!
There it is. Oop!
有个小礼物
Little present there.
你能一只手撑开这育儿袋吗?
Can you hold the pouch open with one hand?
当然啦 让我拿点儿葡萄干
– Sure. Let me just get some more sultanas.
Sultanas是葡萄干 是吧?
– Sultanas are raisins right?
是的
– Yeah.
好的
– Alright.
那是育儿袋
That’s the pouch.
哇 让我看看我能不能
Wow. Let me see if I can.
所以这……这就是我为什么找不到的原因 他太小了
So its.. That’s why I couldn’t find it, it was very small.
所以 你能……天 太令人惊讶了
So you can.. Man that’s amazing.
所以回到那里 在它的背面
So back in there, at the very back of it,
我能看见 我可能看不见 哦……
I can see. I probably can’t see it on the uh..
啊 看那儿
Yeah look at that.
后面有白色和黑色斑点
There’s white and black spots in the back.
谢谢你了 女孩 抱歉哦
Thank you girl, I’m sorry.
看到了?
– Get it?
是的 他太小了而且 向外延伸
– Yeah. So it’s really small and it stretches out.
我觉得……作为个美国人 我经常错误的理解
I thought it was.. As an American I always had the misconception
它就像个小口袋长在腹部
that it was like a pocket right here on the belly
因为卡通片里就这样
because that’s the way it is on cartoons.
谢谢给我看那个
Thank you for showing me that.
没关系
– No problem
砰!我们学到了一些知识
– Bam! We just learned something.
我一直以为袋鼠育儿袋就像裤子上的口袋
I always thought kangaroo pouches were kind of like pockets on your pants.
并不是 他们比这个更酷
They’re not. They’re way cooler than that.
在我给你们展示 我的家人在塔朗加动物园喂长颈鹿的镜头之前
Before I show you footage of my family feeding giraffes at Taronga Zoo
我得提提赞助商
I want to mention the sponsor.
他们使我对有袋动物的疑惑得到解答
They made my quest for marsupial orifices possible.
Audible.com赞助了“每天聪明一点”
Audible.com sponsors Smarter Every Day.
你知道的 我没撒谎 我阅读了所有书
Just so you know I’m not lying here, I listen to all kinds of audio books.
这是我的小图书馆
That’s my library.
你可以去audible.com/smater 免费得到你想要的书
You can go to audible.com/smarter and get any book you want for free.
audible.com/smater 很简单嘛
audible.com/smarter, that easy.
你可以通过音频书 观看“每天聪明一点”
You can get Smarter Every Day by listening to audio books.
我上班路上就做这事儿
I do it on my way to work.
挺酷的方式去变得聪明
Pretty cool way to get smarter.
无论如何 我通过Orson Scott Card听Ender’s Game
Anyway, I listened to Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
在我们飞越太平洋去澳大利亚的时候
as we flew over the Pacific Ocean to Australia.
真是本好书 你可以得到你想要的
Really good book, but you can get whatever you want.
audible.com/smater
audible.com/smarter.
还有件事
One more thing.
嗯 谢谢
Um, thanks.
感谢观看我跑去澳大利亚 试着找到一种特别的
Thanks for watching a video about me running around Australia
有袋动物的视频
trying to find a specific marsupial orifice.
挺奇怪的 你正在看这个视频 谢谢你们
That’s really weird, and you’re watching this whole video, so thank you.
如果这对你生活有用 请记得关注我哦
Please consider subscribing if that added value to your life.
如果没有 看我的家人喂长颈鹿胡萝卜时开心一点哦
If not, have fun watching my family feed giraffes carrots.
我是徳斯坦 你正在观看“每天聪明一点”
I’m Destin, you’re getting Smarter Every Day.
祝你好运
Have a good one.
什么词来着?
What’s the term?
善于把握
– Prehensile.
善于把握 意味着他们能指导
– Prehensile, meaning they can direct it.
善于把握……哇
Prehensile.. wow.
很像手
– So it’s very hand-like we say.
哦 我们能……我想这样握住 看他们是否能拉到我 可能吗?
– Oh can we.. I want to hold and see if they can pull against me. Is that possible
或者这么做不太好啊?
or is that a bad thing to do?
当然 她给了我一个小的胡萝卜[笑]
Of course she gave me a small carrot to do it. [laugh]
口水 你做到了
– .. saliva you’re getting there.
哦 我的天呐
– Oh my goodness.
我试过了
– I tried it.

– Yeah.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

一起探寻袋鼠育儿袋的小秘密吧!大自然真奇妙啊!

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Sallyzhe

审核员

译学馆审核团K

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9_b9X2EA3E

相关推荐