未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

啥用没有的白痴手机 我用了30天

I used a dumb phone for 30 days

Since Alexander Graham Bell
自1876年 亚历山大·格拉汉姆·贝尔
first snagged the patent back in 1876,
首次获得专利以来

the telephone has undergone a radical transformation.
电话经历了一次彻底的变革
Today, Apple is going to reinvent the phone.
如今 苹果公司将要重塑手机
[Audience applause]
[掌声]
[Upbeat rock music]
[欢快的摇滚乐]
Today, the phone isn’t what it used to be.
如今的手机与过去大不相同
We can use it to video chat,
如今的手机能视频聊天
order late night eats and find a date.
点夜宵 约会
But as all of this innovation has been happening
然而随着工具的快速迭代
with rapidly evolving tools, advancing technology,
科技迅猛发展 创新层出不穷
and consumers frothing with each new development,
消费者苦于追赶一代又一代新产品
one tiny company decided to take a huge leap backwards.
有一家小公司决定退一大步
This is the dumb phone.
这 是白痴手机
Oh sorry, actually, it’s called the Light Phone.
抱歉 它实际上叫轻手机
The phone that’s been intentionally stripped back
这款手机有意做了简化
to just a few basic apps.
只留有少数基本的APP
FaceTiming grandma, it’s like,
就比如说 能和奶奶视频通话
yeah, that’s amazing, everyone wants that.
这是很好 大家都喜欢
But checking your email before you brush your teeth
但有这项科技也会带来负面影响
is like a side effect of having that technology with you.
像让你刷牙前忍不住要先看看邮件
That’s Joe Hollier, the designer and co-founder of the Light Phone.
这是乔·霍利尔 轻手机的设计师及联合创始人

As much value as we get from our smartphones,
尽管智能手机带给我们诸多好处
they obviously cause a lot of headaches.
但显然也带来很多麻烦
[Phone crashing]
[手机碰撞声]
I’ve documented my own struggles
我记录了多年来
with my phone addiction over the years
我与手机瘾的抗争过程
and I’ve conducted a number of experiments
我做了很多实验

to try to bring technology into my life
努力让科技在不把我变得
without it making me completely miserable.
万分可悲的情况下融入生活
I’ve tried turning my iPhone screen black and white,
我试着把手机屏幕换成黑白的
hiding tempting apps into folders buried on my phone.
把诱人的应用藏在手机文件夹里
I implemented digital minimalism rules,
我遵循了数字化极简主义规则
quit social media twice,
两次卸载社交软件
and even tried a flip phone for a month.
甚至还用了一个月翻盖手机
You should get a smartphone.
你应该买一部智能手机
They’re a game changer.
智能手机改变生活
I know about smartphones!
我当然知道智能手机
I’m trying to be a good person, you dumb bitch!
我正试着变好 你这个蠢女人
But none of these solutions ever worked for me in the long run.
但时间一久 这些方案都不起作用了
The rules were broken, the fasts were forgotten.
规则被我打破 禁令被我抛之脑后
And the flip phone, well, it was just a little bit too dumb for me.
至于翻盖手机 对我来说它有点太蠢了
So right now I’m trying to get Google Maps working.
现在我正试图让谷歌地图正常运行
Could not determine your precise location.
无法定位您的确切位置
I was excited about the potential of a Light Phone.
我很看好轻手机 它很有潜力
Do you have any advice for me
我要抛弃我的iPhone 用轻手机
as I ditch my iPhone and I use a Light Phone instead?
你有什么建议吗?
I mean, patience is probably one of the biggest things.
呃 最大的麻烦可能是保持耐心
Will this phone be the solution to my problems?
这款手机能不能解决我的问题呢?
There’s only one way to find out.
只有一种方法能找到答案
I tried using a dumb, sorry, Light Phone for 30 days.
我试着用30天这部白痴 抱歉 轻手机
The Light Phone 2 currently retails at $299.
这款轻型机2目前售价299美元
But luckily my friend had one, so I just borrowed it.
超幸运 我朋友有一部 所以我就借来了
[Music]
[音乐]
I am going to put in my SIM card.
我要装上我的电话卡
Ooh, this is exciting.
啊 好激动
How does it take so long to load?
怎么它要加载这么久
I clearly have zero patience. This is not gonna be good.
我显然毫无耐心 这可不好
Greetings, welcome to your Light Phone.
您好 欢迎使用轻手机
Let’s create your Light account.
请注册您的轻账号
It kind of feels like a mini Kindle.
这有点像迷你版Kindle阅读器
We have phone, we have alarm and we have settings.
上头有电话 闹钟和设置
There are just three apps installed on this phone
这手机只安装了三个初始软件
from the very beginning, which is amazing.
太赞了
I mean, that’s what you want out of a Light Phone.
我是说 这就是你会想要的那种轻手机
All right, now that I’ve got my phone set up,
好的 现在手机设置好了
let the experiment begin.
开始实验吧
[Sounds of alarm]
[闹铃声]
So my first impression of the phone
我对这部手机的第一印象是
is pretty much in alignment with my expectations,
它很符合我的期望
but if I’m being honest, right from the beginning,
但老实说 一开始
I’m a little bit worried it won’t be useful enough for me.
我有点担心它对我没那么有用
All right, so this obviously makes phone calls.
显然 这部手机可以打电话
So, let me give it a test here
所以 我来测试一下
by calling none other than the Natalie Pidding.
我要打的不是别人的电话 正是娜塔莉·皮丁
-What’s up? -Hey, how are you?
-有什么事吗? -嘿 最近好吗?
-Good, how are you? -I’m good, why are you being so nice?
-很好啦 你呢? -我也很好 你怎么这么亲切?
Because you were nice to me!
因为你也对我很亲切呀
It’s nice that I can actually make phone calls with this thing,
这个能打电话是挺好
but who actually calls people anymore?
问题是这年头谁还打电话?
Most of us prefer texting, which this phone has,
大多数人更爱发短信 这部手机也有这个功能
but when I really start to think about it,
但当我真想发的时候
my communication these days is fragmented
我发现我最近的联系人分散在
into a half a dozen different apps.
6个不同的APP上
I’m frequently having conversations between text,
我一直在频繁地通过短信 whats APP
WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Instagram DMs, and other places.
脸书即时通 ins即时通及其他两个APP聊天
This phone has just basic texting.
而这款手机只有基本的短信功能
So the texting on this thing is so slow.
用这个发短信很慢
I don’t think I can handle it.
我觉得我适应不来
Nope. Seen my…
不对 看我的……
[Mumbles and music]
[嘀咕声和音乐]
It took me a whole 43 seconds to type this text.
这条信息我打了整整43秒才打好
N-V-M found it.
N-V-M 啊 找到了
All right, so I just got an email from Australia Post
好吧 我刚收到澳大利亚邮政的一封邮件

saying they have a package for me
他们通知我取一个包裹
and they gave me a QR code
并且发给我一个二维码
and they said just bring your phone into the store
他们说我只要带手机过去
and then we’ll scan the QR code.
他们会扫这个二维码
Obviously, I can’t do that.
显然 我现在没法给他们扫码
So right now what I’m gonna do is print out my QR code,
所以现在我要打印出我的二维码
and then bring that to the post office
然后带着去邮局
and see if I can get my package.
看看能不能取到包裹
The barcode worked and I got my package.
打印的码可以用 我拿到了包裹
Also a strange look from the posty behind the counter,
柜台后的工作人员用奇怪的眼神看我
but I have to admit, it was
我不得不承认
pretty inconvenient to have to print it out.
取包裹要打印二维码很不方便
What was it that Joe said about patience?
难道这就是乔说的耐心?
My first couple weeks using this phone, I absolutely hated it.
使用这款手机的头两周 我很烦它
It honestly caused so much more friction in my life
它真的给我的生活带来了很多麻烦
than I was expecting,
比我预想的要多得多
but I will say that the more that I’ve used it,
但不得不说 我用得越久
the more that I’ve come around to this phone
就对这部手机越有改观
and the more that I’ve actually started to enjoy it.
也开始越来越喜欢它
Hey everybody, just wanted to let you know real quick
嘿 朋友们 这里给你们快速提一下
that my habits course, Simple Habits,
我的习惯课程《简单习惯的养成》
is now open for enrollment for the next two weeks.
在接下来的两周内开放报名啦
Why should you care?
为什么你要关注这个?
I’m so glad you asked.
很高兴你这么问了
Simple Habits is the science-backed
《简单习惯的养成》依据科学制定计划
step by step plan to choosing, forming
一步一步 从选定习惯 形成习惯
and sticking to your habits for 30 days and beyond.
到连续坚持习惯三十天及以上
I’m teaching you everything I’ve learned
我将教给你到目前为止
from a lifetime of trial and error,
通过不断地试错所收获的一切
as well as the latest research on behavior change
以及关于行为改变的最新研究
to help you finally figure out why you failed in the past,
来帮你最终找到过去无法改变习惯的原因
to break free from the cycle of self-sabotage,
从自我消耗的循环中解脱
learn the techniques and strategies for long lasting change.
学会长期 持久改变的技巧和策略
And most importantly, take action.
最重要的是付出行动
This isn’t just about theory.
而不止是纸上谈兵
Every lesson is layered with exercises, accountability and action steps,
每节课都提供配套练习 相应的任务及行动步骤
so you can stop excuses in their tracks.
跟着进度走 这样你就不能再找借口
You are 100% capable of making change in your life,
即使过去你失败了成百上千次
even if you failed hundreds of times before.
你也百分百能够改变自己的生活
And so if you’re ready to create that lasting change,
如果你想作出持久的改变
join me inside Simple Habits
那就加入我的《简单习惯的养成》吧
by going to slowgrowth.com/simplehabits,
你可以登入slowgrowth.com/simplehabits这个网站
or by clicking the link in the description below this video.
或者点击视频下方简介中的链接
The course will close in two weeks
课程将在两周后结束
and then it won’t be open again until early next year,
下一次开课要到明年年初
so I hope to see you there.
所以希望在课程中能见到你们
When you first launched the Light Phone,
轻手机首次上市时
I remember the features were even more pulled back
我记得它的功能甚至
than what you’ve currently got on it.
比现在的更为原始
Was there feedback there? Like,
是收到了什么用户反馈吗?比如
do you think that maybe it was almost too simple
你认为它的功能是不是太简单了?
and like, there wasn’t enough of what people want
或者 比起更新型 更现代化的手机
out of a newer, modern phone?
它没能够满足客户的需求?
The original Light Phone only had phone calls
原版的轻手机只有电话功能
and it actually only stored nine speed dials,
并且实际上只能存九个快速拨号号码
but it was never intended to replace someone’s smartphone.
但我们决不是冲着取代人们的智能手机去的
And from the early feedback we got,
从早期收到的反馈来看
you know, the users that were really loving going light,
那些真心喜欢轻手机的用户
they told us they wanted to go light even more.
他们说甚至希望手机更“轻”
They wanted to ditch their smartphone,
他们想甩掉智能手机
but you know, they need to get a text from a bank to,
但他们需要短信功能
you know, setting an alarm.
以接收银行的提醒
We had to really kind of think like
我们真的需要思考
it is having something like directions on the phone
在手机上导入像导航这种功能
a distraction or is that actually, you know,
是会让我们分心
a utility, a peace of mind?
还是实用 让我们得到内心的平静?
Since the first version of the phone launched in 2015,
自2015年推出第一版轻手机以来
they’ve added new apps, like directions,
开发团队又增加了新的软件 像导航
hotspot, music, podcasts, and even a calculator.
无线热点 音乐 播客 甚至还有计算器
So I’ve installed a few new apps on my phone.
我下载了几个新的软件
They definitely seem like they’ll be helpful.
它们看起来无疑很有用
Now to see if they actually work in practice.
现在去实操一下 看看能不能行
[Music]
[音乐]
All right, so I’m venturing off
好的 现在我要出门
and using the GPS for the very first time.
首次体验这部手机的GPS导航
All right, let’s go into the menu, directions.
好的 我们打开菜单 导航
All right, so I got the GPS loaded up here.
好了 我把导航装在这上面
Let’s give it a go.
来试试吧
[Music]
[音乐]
Wow, look at that, perfect fit.
哇 看 刚刚好
I wish I knew the metric system. [Laughing]
这导航用的公制距离 我不懂这个 [笑声]
I should have changed this to the Imperial system.
我应该把这个改成英制的
-Now turn right. -Okay, I missed that turn.
-现在右转 -好吧 我错过那个路口了
After 350 meters, turn left onto Mitchell Road.
行驶350米后 向左转进入米切尔大道
Okay, it’s recalculating now. I gotta turn around.
好吧 它又在重新规划路线 我要调转了
The Directions app, well, let’s just say
这个导航 呃 这么说吧
that it has room for improvement.
还有提升的空间
My first trial was nerve wracking and a bit unpredictable.
第一次尝试让我头疼 有点措手不及
This is gonna be absolutely impossible.
不是吧 不可能吧
Do you see this?
你们看到了吗?
I honestly have no idea how to even read this thing.
老实说 我甚至压根看不懂这个
I tested it out five or six more times after this
这次之后 我又测试了五六次

and the results were scattered.
结果不一
Sometimes it worked without issue.
有几次它运行正常 没有问题
Other times, it would get me totally lost.
还有几次让我彻底迷路
To me, like the whole idea of this phone
我认为这款手机的整个理念
is to reduce stress in your life
是减少我们生活的压力
and this navigation system
但现在 这个导航系统
seems to add a little bit too much stress for me right now.
似乎倒给我增加了不少压力
And so, I think in the long run,
所以 从长期来看
I don’t know if it’s something that
我不知道
I could actually get used to.
我能不能用惯这个
So, score one for the smartphone.
所以 智能手机得一分
So, I’m over three weeks into this experiment now
目前我已经试用轻手机三周多了
and if this phone had an app
如果这上面有软件能
to track my time spent on it,
记录我使用手机的时间
it’d probably be less than 10 minutes per day.
可能每天还不到十分钟
I honestly barely ever use it.
说实话 我几乎不用
I’ve definitely found myself
我确实找回了自己
having far less screen time than I typically do.
屏幕使用时间比我平常要少得多
I would say I’m more mindful around technology.
可以说我对科技更免疫了
Now my time used on my phone is so significantly reduced
现在我用手机的时间大大减少
that I would have to say that it is
不得不说
improving my mindfulness and my wellbeing throughout the day.
它提高了我一整天的专注度和幸福感
So, score one for the Light Phone.
所以 轻手机得一分
I’ve tried out all the apps on the phone
我试用了手机上所有软件
and the results were pretty good overall.
总体来看 都挺好用的
You can download your favorite podcasts
你可以下载最喜欢的播客
and connect your headphones via Bluetooth.
用蓝牙连接你的耳机
For music you need to manually upload tracks.
听音乐的话 需要手动上传曲目

Unfortunately, there’s no Spotify.
不过 没有Spotify这个软件
Also only one gigabyte of storage.
同时也只有1G的存储空间
For context, the first iPod ever had five gigabytes.
而第一代iPod内存就有5G
You can record notes via a voice recorder or take notes manually.
你可以用录音机或手动记笔记
Typing on this thing is really clunky,
用这部手机打字很麻烦
so it’s often frustrating to write down ideas or notes.
所以用它记录想法或者笔记通常让人恼火
All right, so I’m nearly finished with this 30 day experiment.
好了 三十天的试验差不多要结束了
And if I’m being completely honest,
如果要我实话实说
I cannot wait to get back to a smartphone.
我迫不及待要用回智能手机了
I entered this experiment really wanting it to work,
我做这个实验的初衷是真心希望它能起作用

really wanting to find a phone
我真心想找到一部手机
that would give me all the tools I needed
它既有我需要的全部工具
while removing the headaches my smartphone causes.
又能消除智能手机带来的麻烦
But unfortunately, I don’t know
可惜 我不确定我是否
if I’m ready to make the switch full time.
准备好了彻底换成这款手机
Not having a camera, the spotty directions and the clunky typing
没有相机 导航问题多多 打字麻烦
are the biggest deal breakers for me.
对我来说 这些是最大的美中不足
Now that’s not to say that this phone
我不是说
might not be right for you.
这款手机可能不适合你们
Now, if somebody has a much simpler life than I do,
如果有人过着比我简单得多的生活
if you don’t live between two countries,
如果你的生活不需要在两个国家间穿梭
if you generally go to the same places every single day,
如果通常你每天去的地方都一样
then you could probably get by with this phone.
那你可以用这款手机
It’s an insanely ambitious challenge
真正地做出来一款手机 定制APP
to literally invent a phone, custom apps,
向大家展示它内设的各种限制
and to show the restraint they did when building it.
这是疯狂又野心勃勃的挑战
After all the phone is what it isn’t.
毕竟这是一款不像手机的手机
I just think it needs to smarten up a little bit
我只是觉得它需要更智能一点点
for me to actually make the switch full time.
这样我就能彻底换成这款手机
This is a technology that is intentionally stripped back
这是一项有意倒退的科技
and yet I’m almost like waiting for these updates from them
而我几乎是在等他们把这款手机
that might actually make it a little bit more usable for me.
更新成更适合我用的手机
If you’re thinking about adding a little more intentionality
如果你们是在想如何
with how you use technology,
更有目的性地利用科技
Joe’s got some advice for you.
乔可以给你们一些建议
Getting a Light Phone is obviously one option,
入手一部轻手机显然是一个选择
but I do think if you want to try going light for an afternoon,
但我确实认为 如果你想花一个下午试试简易生活
like leave your smartphone at home.
可以把智能手机留在家里
We forget that we used to do these things
我们都快忘了过去的生活中我们并不会
all the time with no phones on us.
随身带着手机
It’s something I’d encourage everyone to try at least for one Saturday.
我鼓励大家至少在某个周六去尝试一下
Thanks so much for watching.
非常感谢各位的观看
Don’t forget, Simple Habits closes in two weeks.
别忘了 《简单习惯的养成》两周后就结束了
So if you wanna get your habits in the shape,
如果你想养成良好习惯
go to slowgrowth.com/simplehabits.
登入 slowgrowth.com/simplehabits
There’s a link down in the description below this video.
链接在视频下方的简介里
Hope to see you there. See you next time.
希望到时看到你们 下次见

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

本视频介绍一款轻型手机。这款手机和传统意义上的手机有很大的区别,意在帮助人们摆脱手机的束缚。那么这款手机到底是什么样的?有哪些功能?我们一起来看看吧!

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

枇杷弹琵琶

审核员

审核员YUWI

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7G1pWYVtBg

相关推荐