ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

为什么要袭击你,因为没有爱 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

为什么要袭击你,因为没有爱

I survived a terrorist attack. Here's what I learned | Gill Hicks

我永远都想不到
I could never have imagined
一个19岁的 自杀式炸弹袭击者
that a 19-year-old suicide bomber
会给我上了珍贵的一堂课
would actually teach me a valuable lesson.
但这就是事实
But he did.
他教会了我 永远不要对陌生人
He taught me to never presume anything
先入为主地妄下结论
about anyone you don’t know.
那是2005年7月 一个周四早晨
On a Thursday morning in July 2005,
我并不知道自己 与这位袭击者同时
the bomber and I, unknowingly,
上了同一节地铁车厢
boarded the same train carriage at the same time,
我们站得很近 也就几英尺远
standing, apparently, just feet apart.
我没注意他
I didn’t see him.
实际上 我没有注意任何人
Actually, I didn’t see anyone.
人们在地铁上一般 不会注意任何人
You know not to look at anyone on the Tube,
但我想他看见我了
but I guess he saw me.
我想当时他正看着我们所有人
I guess he looked at all of us,
手在炸弹开关上犹豫不定地徘徊
as his hand hovered over the detonation switch.
之后我经常在想:他当时在想些什么?
I’ve often wondered: What was he thinking?
尤其在爆炸前最后几秒
Especially in those final seconds.
我知道他并不是针对我的
I know it wasn’t personal.
他并不是要去杀掉或伤害我 吉尔•希克斯
He didn’t set out to kill or maim me, Gill Hicks.
因为他根本就不认识我
I mean — he didn’t know me.
不认识
No.
反之 他给我贴了一个
Instead, he gave me
莫须有的 可怕的标签
an unwarranted and an unwanted label.
我成了敌人
I had become the enemy.
于他而言 我只算是“别人”
To him, I was the “other,”
与“我们” 不同的“他们”
the “them,” as opposed to “us.”
这个“敌人”的标签允许他 把我们全都非人化
The label “enemy” allowed him to dehumanize us.
也允许了他去按下那个按钮
It allowed him to push that button.
我们并不是某个特定的目标
And he wasn’t selective.
仅仅是我所在的那节车厢 26个宝贵的生命消逝了
Twenty-six precious lives were taken in my carriage alone,
我也几乎成为了其中的一员
and I was almost one of them.
在一个深呼吸所需的瞬间
In the time it takes to draw a breath,
我们坠入了一片无边无际的黑暗
we were plunged into a darkness so immense
那黑暗几乎触手可及
that it was almost tangible;
或许蹚过柏油的感觉也不过如此
what I imagine wading through tar might be like.
我们不知道我们被划成了“敌人”
We didn’t know we were the enemy.
我们只是一群上班族 几分钟前
We were just a bunch of commuters who, minutes earlier,
甚至还在遵守地铁乘客礼仪
had followed the Tube etiquette:
不跟别人有直接的眼神接触
no direct eye contact,
不讲话
no talking
当然也没有任何交谈
and absolutely no conversation.
但在那一片黑暗之中
But in the lifting of the darkness,
我们伸出了手
we were reaching out.
我们在帮助彼此
We were helping each other.
我们叫出了各自的姓名
We were calling out our names,
有点像点名那样
a little bit like a roll call,
等待着应答
waiting for responses.
我是吉尔 我在这儿
“I’m Gill. I’m here.
我还活着
I’m alive.
(对方)好的
OK.”
我是吉尔
“I’m Gill.
在这儿
Here.
还活着
Alive.
(对方)好
OK.”
我不认识艾莉森
I didn’t know Alison.
但我每隔几分钟 就期待着她的报到
But I listened for her check-ins every few minutes.
我也不认识理查德
I didn’t know Richard.
但他活下来了 这对我意义重大
But it mattered to me that he survived.
我和他们分享的所有
All I shared with them
仅仅是我的名字而已(并不是全名)
was my first name.
他们不知道
They didn’t know
我是英国设计理事会的部门主管
that I was a head of a department at the Design Council.
我带着我心爱的行李箱
And here is my beloved briefcase,
那天早上它也被解救了出来
also rescued from that morning.
他们不知道我出版了 建筑设计的期刊
They didn’t know that I published architecture and design journals,
也不知道我是皇家艺术协会的会员
that I was a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts,
不知道我穿的是黑衣服
that I wore black —
现在也穿着
still do —
他们不知道我抽雪茄
that I smoked cigarillos.
现在已经不抽了
I don’t smoke cigarillos anymore.
我喝杜松子酒 看TED演讲
I drank gin and I watched TED Talks,
当时我也不敢想象 我有一天也会站在这儿
of course, never dreaming that one day I would be standing,
用义肢保持着平衡
balancing on prosthetic legs,
发表演讲
giving a talk.
我是个年轻的澳洲女人 在伦敦做着非凡的工作
I was a young Australian woman doing extraordinary things in London.
我还没准备好结束那一切
And I wasn’t ready for that all to end.
我迫切地想要活下来
I was so determined to survive
我用围巾充当止血带 把它缠绕在大腿上
that I used my scarf to tie tourniquets around the tops of my legs,
我把所有人 所有事都给屏蔽掉了
and I just shut everything and everyone out,
只是专注地倾听自己
to focus, to listen to myself,
只接受本能的引导
to be guided by instinct alone.
我放慢呼吸速度
I lowered my breathing rate.
把腿抬起来
I elevated my thighs.
我直起身
I held myself upright
尽全力不闭上眼
and I fought the urge to close my eyes.
我坚持了几乎一小时
I held on for almost an hour,
用这一个小时来思考了到那天为止的
an hour to contemplate the whole of my life
一整个人生
up until this point.
也许我本应该做更多的事
Perhaps I should have done more.
或许我本可以经历更多事 开拓更多的视野
Perhaps I could have lived more, seen more.
也许我早就该去跑步、跳舞、瑜伽
Maybe I should have gone running, dancing, taken up yoga.
但我的焦点和重心 永远是我的工作
But my priority and my focus was always my work.
我活着就是为了工作
I lived to work.
在名片上我是什么样的
Who I was on my business card
这对我很重要
mattered to me.
但在那个地铁隧道里这一切都不重要了
But it didn’t matter down in that tunnel.
当我感觉到来自一个搜救员的
By the time I felt that first touch
第一次触碰时
from one of my rescuers,
我什么都说不出来
I was unable to speak,
甚至说不出来一个小小的单词 比如“吉尔”
unable to say even a small word, like “Gill.”
我把我自己交给了他们
I surrendered my body to them.
我做了一切能做的
I had done all I possibly could,
此刻我把自己的生命交给了他们
and now I was in their hands.
当我被送进医院时
I understood
有个身份标签一直伴随着我
just who and what humanity really is,
当我第一次看见那个标签时
when I first saw the ID tag
我理解了到底什么是真正的人性
that was given to me when I was admitted to hospital.
那上面写着:
And it read:
‘’一个身份不明的女性‘’
“One unknown estimated female.”
一个身份不明的女性
One unknown estimated female.
这些词是赠予我的礼物
Those four words were my gift.
它们清楚地告诉了我
What they told me very clearly
我的生命被挽救
was that my life was saved,
仅仅是因为我是个人
purely because I was a human being.
人与人之间没有任何差别
Difference of any kind made no difference
救援人员为了救我的命
to the extraordinary lengths that the rescuers were prepared to go
为了救更多的人
to save my life,
他们准备好迎接超乎寻常的跋涉
to save as many unknowns as they could,
将自己的生命置于危险之中
and putting their own lives at risk.
对他们来说 我富有或是贫穷
To them, it didn’t matter if I was rich or poor,
我皮肤的颜色
the color of my skin,
我是男是女
whether I was male or female,
我的性取向
my sexual orientation,
为谁投了票
who I voted for,
我是否受过教育
whether I was educated,
我是否有信仰 这些都不重要
if I had a faith or no faith at all.
什么都不重要
Nothing mattered
除了我代表着一个珍贵的生命
other than I was a precious human life.
我见证了自己作为一个生命体
I see myself as a living fact.
我的亲身经历证明了
I am proof
无条件的爱与尊重 不只能拯救生命
that unconditional love and respect can not only save,
更能改变生命
but it can transform lives.
这是去年拍摄的照片 我还记得是救助我的人之一
Here is a wonderful image of one of my rescuers, Andy, and I
安迪、还有我
taken just last year.
事件发生十年后
Ten years after the event,
我们仍在这儿 肩并肩
and here we are, arm in arm.
穿过那一切的混乱
Throughout all the chaos,
我的手被紧握着
my hand was held tightly.
我的脸被轻抚
My face was stroked gently.
我感受到了什么?
What did I feel?
我感到被爱着
I felt loved.
是什么让我放弃仇恨 放弃复仇
What’s shielded me from hatred and wanting retribution,
给予我勇气说出:
what’s given me the courage to say:
最终我得到的
this ends with me
只有爱
is love.
我被爱着
I was loved.
我相信正能量的传播潜力
I believe the potential for widespread positive change
是巨大的
is absolutely enormous
因为我知道我们能做什么
because I know what we’re capable of.
我了解人类的智慧
I know the brilliance of humanity.
这给了我一些需要思考的东西
So this leaves me with some pretty big things to ponder
以及一些我们都应反思的问题:
and some questions for us all to consider:
我们大家团结在一起的力量 难道不比能摧毁我们的大许多吗?
Is what unites us not far greater than what can ever divide?
是不是只有在悲剧或灾难中
Does it have to take a tragedy or a disaster
我们才能感到彼此间 作为同一个物种
for us to feel deeply connected as one species,
作为人的那种惺惺相惜?
as human beings?
我们何时才能拥抱 属于我们这个时代的智慧
And when will we embrace the wisdom of our era
何时才能超越单纯的宽容
to rise above mere tolerance
从而升华至一种接受
and move to an acceptance
我们在了解接受他们之前 都还仅仅是一个标签的人?
for all who are only a label until we know them?
谢谢大家
Thank you.
(掌声)
(Applause)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

我从一次恐怖袭击中活了下来,学到了这些,人生感悟

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Ljimnn

审核员

赖皮

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJoQj00RZHg

相关推荐