未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

戒糖30天

I quit sugar for 30 days

Last year I had developed a bad habit of snacking
去年我养成了吃零食的坏习惯
I had lost all self-control in the face of a free donut or plate of cookies.
一个免费甜甜圈或一盘饼干就能让我失控
And I made justifications for my actions.
我会给自己的行为找理由
Excuses like: ‘well, I did go to the gym today.’
比如“我今天健身了”
‘Overall I eat pretty healthy.’
“总的来说我的饮食很健康”
‘It’s not like I do this every day.’
“我又不是每天这样”
Until I started to do it every day.
直到我开始每天都这么做
I knew something had to change when even though I exercise often
尽管经常锻炼我意识到有些事必须改变
I noticed I was developing early onset dad-gut.
我发现自己有了早发性爸爸肚
So I decided to quit sugar for 30 days
于是我下定决心戒糖30天
Now most of us know that too much sugar is a bad thing
如今多数人都知道吃太多糖不利于健康
It’s something that we’ve been taught ever since we were kids.
这是我们从小就被教育的事情
And apart from simply putting a little bit of weight on your gut,
摄入过量糖分不仅长肚腩
there’s a lot more serious problems that can come with eating too much sugar.
许多更严重的问题也会随之而来
It can damage your metabolism,
它会破坏你的新陈代谢
cause type 2 diabetes,
引发2型糖尿病
increase the likelihood that you’ll get liver or kidney damage,
增加肝脏或肾脏受损的可能性
causes inflammation of the skin,
导致皮肤发炎
joint pain, tooth decay
关节疼痛 蛀牙
and even problems maintaining an erection.
甚至影响男性功能的持久力
So yeah, there’s there’s even that as well.
是的 基至还会这样
So that’s probably the main reason.
这大概是我戒糖的主要原因吧
No, it’s not the main reason. Get that out of your head.
不 主要原因不是这个 不准再想了
So on top of all that, on top of all of these bad things that it does to your body
而且 除了有害身体健康
it’s also very addictive.
糖的成瘾性极强
So I know the first thing that I want to do right now is go through my entire apartment.
所以现在我首先要做的就是检查整个公寓
And find all of the things that have added sugar, and get them out of my apartment.
找到所有含糖食物 把它们清理出去
So let’s do that now.
所以让我们开始吧
I knew I was consuming a decent amount of sugar,
我知道我摄入了相当多的糖
but without reading the labels and digging into weekly snacks and meals,
但不看标签 不深入研究每周膳食
I wouldn’t know for sure.
我无法确定
There were of course some no-brainers.
当然有些食物不用想也知道含糖
Ice cream is loaded.
装好冰淇淋
Chocolate snacks are packed.
打包巧克力零食
My once a month energy drink.
每月喝一次的能量饮料
But I was also surprised to find a lot of sugar in my protein bars.
但我还惊讶地发现我的蛋白棒中含大量糖
My breakfast cereal is basically a dessert.
我的早餐麦片基本算是甜点
Even the bread I was buying had 5 grams /slice.
甚至我一直买的面包每片也含糖5克
If you’re like me and you have very little self-control.
如果你像我一样 几乎没有自控力
The only thing you can do to regain control is to completely change your environment.
重获控制力的唯一办法是彻底改变环境
It’s impossible to eat snacks that you refuse to purchase and bring into your home in the first place.
吃一开始就拒绝买回家的零食是不可能的
So all this stuff needs to go.
所有这些都要被清理出去
The cravings were the worst for the first couple days.
最初几天是这30天内最渴望糖的
But even a week in I was struggling late at night.
甚至过了一周 我还是苦苦挣扎直到深夜
All right, so I’m seven days into this no sugar challenge.
好 今天是我戒糖挑战的第7天
And this is probably the toughest night so far.
今晚可能是迄今为止最难熬的夜晚
About 45 minutes ago I had a bit of a sugar craving
约45分钟前我有点想吃糖
and instinctively I went to my snack cabinet.
然后本能地走向零食柜
And I’ll show you guys what I found.
来给你们看看我发现了什么
That’s it,
就是它
organic rice cake.
有机米糕
Nothing, nothing sweet there.
没有 没有甜食
Before I started this challenge I did a little bit of research.
开始挑战前我做了些调查
But I still had a lot of questions about sugar.
但对糖我还有很多疑问
What kind of sugar should we be avoiding? And how much is too much?
哪种糖我们要避免摄入?多少算太多?
So I asked my friend Becca Shern
我咨询了我的朋友Becca Shern
to help clear some things up for me.
来帮我弄清一些事情
She’s a registered dietician and founder of Minimal Wellness
她是一名注册营养师兼Minimal Wellness创始人
I’m hoping you can help me kind of break down.
我希望你能帮我分析一下
When people decide to get sugar out of the diet, what does that look usually look like?
当人们决定戒糖时通常是什么样子?
What kind of sugars are people usually trying to cut out?
哪些糖是人们通常尝试戒断的?
Most people, when they’re trying to cut out sugar
大部分人尝试戒糖时
they’re talking about added sugar.
他们说的是添加糖
So sugar that gets added to a processed food.
是添加到加工食品中的糖
That’s like table sugar, or honey, or high fructose corn syrup.
就像食糖 蜂蜜或果葡糖浆
“My king, this corn syrup was just delivered.”
“陛下 玉米糖浆刚刚送到”
Generally, it’s recommended that you’re somewhere, but under ideally
一般来说 理想情况下建议
5% of your calories from added sugar.
添加糖摄入量低于所摄入热量的5%
So for a 2000 calorie diet, that’s 25 grams of added sugar
2000卡的饮食可摄入添加糖25克
And it turns out that added sugar can add up quick.
事实证明添加糖累积起来很快
I noticed the high levels in some of my daily snacks
我注意到我的一些日常零食
and the occasional foods I might get served on an airplane.
和偶尔在飞机上吃到的食物含糖量很高
While my old instinct was to throw food in my mouth,
过去我总是本能地把食物往嘴里扔
my new instinct was to check the back of the package
而现在我会直觉地先检查包装背面
and then throw my food at Natalie.
再把食物扔给Natalie
You’re not aiming for 25 grams of sugar every day.
你的目标不是每天摄入25克糖
It’s like over the course of a week, over the course of a month,
像在一周内 一个月内
like some days are really low, some days are quite high.
有些天糖的摄入量很低 有些天很高
So that is where you can get the flexibility
这样饮食更有弹性
to have dessert on a special occasion.
特殊场合下还能吃甜点
And I think that, that’s where, as a culture,
我认为身处这种文化
we’ve really like got off track as we no longer have sugar
当甜品或特殊场合里都不再放糖了
relegated to desserts or special occasions, right?
就有点脱离正轨了 不是吗?
It’s like in everything, because we eat so much processed food
糖无处不在 因为我们吃那么多加工食品
Yeah, and it was surprising even for me
是的 甚至我都感到惊讶了
like I had watched Fed Up, and these documentaries
我看了《甜蜜的负担》等纪录片
and I’ve read a lot of blog posts about how much sugar is in everything.
读了很多关于每样食物含多少糖的博客贴
I knew it, but then I was still surprised by certain things,
我知道 但后来我还是对一些事感到惊讶
like my granola bar was like 30 grams of sugar
比如我的格兰诺拉麦片棒含糖30克
and I’m like, that’s why it taste so good!
我就说 怪不得味道这么好!
And it’s hard
这很难
I think it takes like, really like looking at everything you you’re purchasing
我想这真的需要检查你买的每样东西
and really understanding that if it tastes too good to be true
真正理解如果某样食物味道好到不真实
it’s probably…
它很可能……
Yeah, Yeah, I mean there’s a reason
是的 制造商在食物中
why food manufacturers put a lot of added sugar in things.
放大量添加糖是有原因的
It tastes good, it makes you want to buy it again.
尝起来味道好 让你想再买
This is really straightforward.
就这么简单直接
The problem is, it’s terrible for us.
问题是 这对我们来说太可怕了
Becca thought my 30-day no-sugar challenge was a good step
Becca认为我的30天戒糖挑战
to understanding how my body personally responds to sugar.
是了解自己身体对糖反应的好步骤
But also stressed the importance of maintaining a healthy and balanced diet.
但也强调了保持健康均衡饮食的重要性
If I’m being honest, my diet isn’t always balanced
老实说我的饮食并非总是均衡的
and it can sometimes look a bit primitive.
有时看起来有点原始
All right, so tonight’s dinner can really only be described as a bowl of food.
好吧 今晚的晚餐只能用一碗吃的来形容
Let me show you guys what we’re working with here.
来给你们看看我们在做什么
We’ve got your rice your chicken
我们有米饭 鸡肉
and your daily recommended bacon.
和每日所需的培根
I should be eating more veggies.
我应该多吃蔬菜
I just realize that right now.
我现在才想到
I’m gonna start doing that, soon
我会开始吃蔬菜的 很快
but first, bacon.
但现在先吃培根吧
I must not have had a terrible sugar addiction
我肯定没有严重的糖瘾
because I didn’t experience any headaches,
因为除了晚上会想吃糖
or major discomfort, outside of nightly cravings.
我没有经历任何头痛或重度不适
To combat these cravings, I made some tea as a replacement.
为了对抗糖的渴望 我试着用泡茶代替
This really helped to keep my mind distracted.
喝茶真的帮我转移了注意力
My biggest fear and motivation to go on this 30-day challenge
开展30天挑战我最大的恐惧和动力
is because I know how small changes make a big difference.
是因为我知道小变化能带来大不同
Now normally when I talk about small changes
现在通常当我谈到小变化时
it relates to positive change
指的是积极的变化
but it also works in the opposite direction.
但它也会起反作用
Small bad habits, like snacking on junk food
小的坏习惯比如把垃圾食品当零食
can build up and compound to something much worse.
日积月累 会让事情越变越糟
‘What are you looking at?”
“你在看什么?”
You make those early excuses and justifications,
最初你会找借口和理由
but eventually you don’t need to make them anymore
但最后你就用不着了
because the bad habit sticks,
因为坏习惯会持续下去
and you’re running on autopilot.
你会不自觉地去做那些事情
So I’m thankful that I got out in front of it, before things got any worse.
我很庆幸在事情变得更糟之前我脱身了
In the past, I had relied on smoothies to get most of my vitamins,
过去我一直靠思慕雪来获取大部分维生素
but as a part of this challenge, I also wanted to cut back on fruit.
但我还想把少吃水果作为这项挑战的一部分
While they do include vitamins,
尽管水果含有对人体有益的
nutrients and fibers that are good for you,
维生素 营养物和纤维素
I wanted to force myself to eat more greens.
我想强迫自己多吃绿色蔬菜
After the first 10 days,
戒糖最初的10天后
I started to prepare and eat healthier meals.
我开始制作并享用更健康的食物
For dinner I’d have fish with brown rice and sauteed kale.
晚餐我会吃鱼配糙米和炒芥兰
Salads became my go-to meal because they were convenient and easy to prepare.
因为简单方便沙拉成了我必备的食物
We have curry cod
我们有咖喱鳕鱼
with some brown rice and sauteed kale.
配糙米和炒芥兰
And the kale, I actually sauteed it with some chicken broth with which I’m also gonna be drinking here.
炒芥兰的时候我加了一点我要喝的鸡汤
This is like a bachelor meal.
这像是单身汉的一餐
Natalie is definitely much better around the kitchen than I am.
Natalie肯定比我更适合厨房
I primarily eat for sustenance,
我吃东西主要是为了活着
while she cooks and eats for the love of the food.
而她的烹饪和饮食是因为对食物的热爱
‘That is extremely sweet’
“这真甜”
‘Look at it: double the sauce,
“看 双倍酱汁
I got no sauce.’
我的没有酱汁”
I found workarounds and substitutes for all meals that included sugar.
我找到了所有含糖食物的解决方案和替代品
Instead of fig jam sauce, I used mustard.
我用芥末代替无花果酱
Instead of vinegar, I used olive oil and a healthy squeeze of lemon,
我用橄榄油和健康的柠檬汁代替醋
topped with some salt and pepper.
上面撒一些盐和胡椒
Three weeks in, and I noticed that my energy levels became more stable.
三周后我发现我的能量水平变得更稳定了
No longer did I have huge swings of high to low energy throughout the day,
一天中我不再有能量从高到低的大幅波动
especially as I tried to balance my diet out with protein, carbs,
特别是当我尝试用蛋白质 碳水化合物
greens and a little bit less bacon.
绿色蔬菜和少量培根来平衡饮食时
So what you’re experiencing there is, is energy levels, but it’s blood sugar fluctuations
你所经历的能量水平实际上是血糖的波动
So when you have lots of added sugar in your diet,
所以当你的饮食中含有大量的添加糖时
you can get really big fluctuations in your blood sugar levels
你的血糖水平会有很大的波动
which make you feel like you’ve got a lot of energy
这会让你感觉精力充沛
and then holy crap, you’re crashing, and you have no energy.
然后天呐 你崩溃了没有精力了
And then, what you typically do when you feel like you have no energy
接着当你感觉没精力了
especially if you’re not paying attention,
尤其是注意力不集中的时候
is to gravitate towards something that will give you quick energy,
你通常会被一些快速补充能量的东西吸引
which sugar.
比如糖
So you go back up,
所以你的能量又回来了
you feel good for a little while, and then you crash again.
你感觉好了一会儿 接着又崩溃
In addition to more stable energy levels,
除了更稳定的能量水平
I also noticed a significant reduction of my dad-gut.
我还发现我的爸爸肚有明显的减小
It didn’t disappear, but the tide had turned.
没有消失但不再变大
Alright, so the 30 day challenge is done
好吧 30天挑战完成了
and I feel pretty good, I feel pretty good.
我感觉很棒 感觉很棒
There were a few things that I changed over the past 30 days.
过去30天里我改变了一些事情
I did start going to the gym more, and now that I’m not traveling as much,
我更常去健身房 目前我很少外出旅行
I also reduced my carbs
我还减少了碳水的摄入
partly because of the reduction in added sugar
部分原因是减少了添加糖的摄入
and it’s hard to pinpoint the exact percentage of benefit
很难明确指出
that I received from getting rid of sugar.
我从戒糖中获益的百分比
To steal a phrase from Dan Harris,
借用Dan Harris的话
I’d say maybe I was 10% healthier.
我想说也许我比以前健康了10%
It definitely made a huge difference in my energy levels and in how I felt every day,
戒糖极大地改变了我的精力和每天的感受
and it was definitely nice to curb those cravings
抑制对糖的渴望无疑是件好事
because who knows how bad it could have gotten, if I just kept snacking and kept going.
因为若我继续吃零食一直吃 谁知道会变多糟
My dad-gut could have potentially turned into a grandpa-gut
我的爸爸肚很可能会变成爷爷肚
which would have been really scary.
这太可怕了
But going forward, I love sweets, I love dessert, big fan.
但目前为止我爱糖果我爱甜品 忠实粉丝
And I don’t want to just get rid of it completely,
我不想完全丢掉甜品
because I think in this life we need to actually enjoy things.
因为我认为在一生中我们要真正享受生活
But I want to bring it back in moderation.
但要适度恢复
So starting next month
所以从下个月起
I’m going to experiment with a once a week cheat meal
我打算试验每周吃一次欺骗餐
and that starts tomorrow.
从明天开始
Oh, that was a mistake, I feel sick, my stomach hurts
哦 这是个错误 我感觉不舒服 胃痛
I ate like a doughnut and a half
我吃了一个半甜甜圈
And I still feel horrible, this is terrible.
还是觉得很可怕 这糟透了
Look at this. This is bad.
看看这个 真糟糕
I need to give these doughnuts away to somebody.
我要把这些甜甜圈送给别人
‘Yeah, thanks for taking these Donuts’ ‘You’re welcome!’
“谢了拿走这些甜甜圈”“不客气”
‘Bye’ ‘Bye’ ‘Happy birthday!’
“再见”“再见” “生日快乐!”

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

一点一滴改变生活习惯,小变化也能带来大不同!挑战戒糖30天,体验更好的自己。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

panda

审核员

审核员CICL

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufm0yPA-kWc

相关推荐