ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

离开社交媒体的一个月 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

离开社交媒体的一个月

I quit social media for 30 days

American Millennials spend more than three and a half hours on their phone every day.
美国千禧一代每天有超过三个半小时花在手机上
A majority of that time is spent on social media.
其中大多数时间都花在社交媒体上
My question: what benefits could you receive from stepping away from social media?
我的问题是 远离社交媒体 你能够获得什么好处?
Would you be more productive? More focused?
你能变得更加多产?注意力更集中?
In what ways might your life change?
你生活的哪些方面可能发生变化?
And as someone who produces content and depends on an audience for a living,
作为制造内容并依靠观众过活的人
I wanted to know: do you need it to grow and support your business?
我想知道 你需要社交媒体来扩展和支持你的业务吗?
So I quit social media for 30 days to find out.
所以 我将戒掉社交媒体30天来找寻答案
The first few days were the most challenging.
头几天是最具挑战性的
I knew without taking extreme measures
我知道如果不采取极端措施
I would slip back into my old routines
我将退回到之前的老路上
and check my phone frequently throughout the day.
全天都在频繁地查看自己的手机
So I deleted all social media apps from my phone.
所以我把手机上的社交媒体应用都删除了
I logged out of all accounts on my computer
我注销了电脑上的全部账户
and cleared my history to build up some friction.
清除了我的历史记录 来建立一些阻隔
(I was gonna do that anyway)
无论如何我都会那样做的
But that wasn’t enough,
但那样还是不够
like many people I had hardwired into my brain this compulsive checking.
跟很多人一样 强迫性地查看手机已经烙入我的大脑
But it wasn’t the content that I was addicted to.
但是我沉迷的内容不是手机
It wasn’t the likes, comments and Direct Messages
也不是点赞 评论和即时信息
It was the anticipation of what could be.
它是一种对未来的期待
Maybe that potential client messaged you back.
也许那位潜在客户给你回信息了
Maybe one of your posts went viral?
也许你的某篇帖子在网上火了起来?
Or maybe the rock tweeted at you?
或者道恩·强森在推特给你发消息了?
The rock, the rock tweeted at me!
道恩·强森在推特上给我发消息了!
Okay, that one actually did happen, but it’s almost always nothing.
好吧 这些事可能真的发生过 但基本上是不可能的
So I knew I had to create some distance
所以我知道 我必须创造出一些距离
I committed to leaving my phone in the bedroom while I worked
我承诺当我工作的时候把手机放在卧室
and when I could I kept it at home while I left the house.
如有可能 当我离开房子时 我会把手机放在家里
You know the classic triple pat?
你知道经典三拍吗?
The moment right before you leave your house
当你正要离开房子的时候
and you check your phone, wallet and keys.
你会检查你的手机 钱包和钥匙
Phone, wallet, keys.
手机 钱包 钥匙
I turned it into the double pad. Just my wallet and keys.
我把它变成两拍 只检查我的钱包和钥匙
After a week, I stopped flinching for my phone
一周后 我出门时不会因为手机而畏缩不前
and it no longer felt weird to leave home without it.
不带手机出门也不再感到奇怪
There are a number of reasons why you might want to quit social media.
为什么你想要戒掉社交媒体 有以下几点理由
The side effects are a little bit different for each of us,
戒掉社交媒体的副作用因人而异
but I’ve got three main points that I think many of us fall into:
但我已经总结出主要的三点 我认为大多数人都难以避免
Some people find that apps like Instagram
一些人发现诸如Ins之类的应用
put them into a”comparison mode”.
会让他们陷入一种“比较模式”
By constantly seeing what other people have,
通过不断地搜寻他人安装了哪些应用
you instinctively want it as well.
你本能地也想要安装它
While others are addicted to the feedback and attention,
而其他人却是沉迷于反馈和关注
one study showed that many people would prefer a mild electric shock,
一份研究表明 许多人更喜欢一种温和的电击
rather than sit alone in a room for 15 minutes.
而不是在房间里独坐15分钟
Your phone can make you feel connected,
你的手机能让自己感到与外界存在联系
less alone and it preoccupies your racing mind.
更少地感到孤独 它能占据你纷乱的大脑
And because of that, it’s a massive time killer
正因为如此 手机成为了一种巨大的消遣
that can distract you from your work and hinder productivity.
它会分散你的工作注意力 阻碍生产效率
So, when I started this 30-day social media detox,
所以 当我开始为期30天的社交媒体去瘾计划的时候
I actually never intended to stop posting.
实际上 我从未打算暂停发帖
Originally, for me, the negative side effects
起初 对我来说 消极的副作用
seem to only be boiled down to comparing myself to others
似乎可以归结为拿自己和他人做比较
and wasting time through distractions and browsing.
以及通过娱乐消遣和浏览来浪费时间
And I wanted to see if I could get the benefits of using my platforms
我想知道是否我可以使用我的社交平台来获取好处
like Instagram to connect with my audience.
诸如使用Ins来和我的观众联系
Without actually using them,
并不是真正地使用这些社交平台
so posting through a third-party app.
仅仅是通过第三方应用发帖
But was that just me rationalizing my addiction?
但这是在合理化我的社交上瘾行为吗?
Did I actually think that by stepping completely away from social media
难道我真的认为通过完全远离社交媒体
my entire life would fall apart
我的整个生活将会变得支离破碎
and people would stop watching my videos?
人们会停止观看我的视频吗?
Did I think that I had to keep up by posting every day
我必须每天发帖来跟上外界的变化
or else Instagram would banish me to the land of bad algorithms?
否则Ins将把我放逐到糟糕的算法领域?
It was probably a mix of both but here’s what ended up happening.
它可能是两者的混合 但下面才是最终的结果
In the first two weeks I shared a few photos and tweets.
在头两周 我分享了一些照片和推特
But after I disrupted the feedback loop,
但是在我破坏了反馈回路之后
I lost my drive to keep up and stopped sharing.
我失去了更新的动力 并停止了分享
I did continue to post videos to YouTube
我确实有继续发视频到YouTube上
which I use as a platform,
我把它当做一个平台
Similar to a blog.
有点类似于博客
It doesn’t have the same addictive effect as social media for me –
对我来说 它没有和社交媒体一样的成瘾效果
or does it?
它真的没有成瘾效果?
For the first week,
在第一周
I’d grabbed my phone without even thinking,
我会毫不犹豫地抓起手机
unlock it and start to swipe through screens
解锁并开始在屏幕上划来划去
looking for something to preoccupy my wandering mind.
寻找一些内容来占据我的漫游思绪
Then I’d snap back to reality
然后 我会突然回到现实当中
and realize I had deleted all my social apps.
意识到我已经删掉了所有的社交应用
I started to spend much less time on my phone
我开始花更少的时间在手机上
Averaging 23 minutes of screen time per day.
平均每天花23分钟在手机上
Compare that to the previous month
相比于之前的月份
where I spent 98 minutes a day on my phone.
那时我每天花98分钟在手机上
Have you ever given the excuse”I don’t have enough time to do ____”.
你曾经有没有找过 “我没有足够的时间去做”的借口
I know that I’ve definitely done it in the past.
我知道自己过去确实这样做过
Whether you want to start reading more,
不管是你想要开始读更多的书
go to the gym or start a business.
去健身房 还是开始一项业务
A lot of times,
很多时候
we think we just simply don’t have enough time to do it
我们认为我们只是没有足够的时间去实现它
when in fact,
而事实上
maybe it’s our priorities that aren’t really in check.
也许它并不是处于自己控制下的优先事项
Maybe we need to think about
也许我们需要思考
where we’re spending our time to begin with,
我们要把时间花在哪里来开始某件事情
like social media.
比如说社交媒体
Once you start to identify the things that you value in your life,
一旦你开始确认生活中你所珍视的东西
the things you really want to bring into your life
那些你真正想带进你生活的东西
you have to get rid of those distractions.
你就必须摆脱那些分散你注意力的东西
And for me, at least, it’s become social media.
至少对我来说 社交媒体就属于分散我注意力的东西
And as for my business, did things slow down?
至于我的业务 它已经滑坡了吗?
Halfway through my 30-day detox,
在我的30天去瘾计划进行到一半时
I saw the largest spike in subscribers on YouTube
我看到YouTube上面订阅者的数量达到了最大峰值
that I’d ever seen like by far.
是迄今为止我见过最多的
I had never even come close to seeing this kind of response from my videos.
我甚至没有认真看过我视频中的这种回答
If you were wondering,
如果你在怀疑
this is when I hit YouTube’s trending page
我点开了YouTube的趋势页面
as a creator on the rise.
当我作为一名创作者时 一直处于上升趋势
And this massive drop
这里出现的大规模下降
is when YouTube deleted a bunch of bot accounts.
是因为当时YouTube删除了大量的机器人账户
I gained over a 124,000 subscribers
我的订阅人数增加超过124000人
over the 30-day detox.
在为期30天的去瘾计划里
the source of the traffic?
是流量带来的订户数量增长吗?
A video on my YouTube channel
我的YouTube频道里有一个视频
called”A Day in the Life of a Minimalist”
叫做“极简主义者的一天生活”
that quickly climbed to 3 million views in 10 days.
浏览量在十天之内就快速攀升到三百万
And as far as revenue goes,
至于收入方面
I got the biggest increase in Patreon supporters since starting it in August.
从8月份开始 我在Patreon的支持者数量得到最大增长
Now I know what you’re thinking,
现在我知道你在想什么
“Matt, could you give us some more info about this Patreon account?
“马特 你能给我一些这个Patreon账户的更多信息吗?
Like I’m dying to know what you provide the Patreon supporters?”
比如我特别想知道你给Patreon的支持者提供了什么?”
So I’ll do that in about 30 seconds or so:
所以我将花30秒左右的时间来回答你的问题
My Patreon account is one of the ways
我的Patreon账户是
that I’m able to keep this YouTube channel 100 % advertisement free
让我可以保持YouTube频道完全没有广告的途径之一
and in exchange I create exclusive content
交换条件则是我创作的独家内容
that I don’t release anywhere else
我不会发布到其他任何地方
Covering lifestyle design,
内容涵盖生活方式设计
how I make my videos and my personal vlog.
我怎样制作我的视频和个人视频博客
In fact today, I released a video
其实今天 我发布了一个视频
breaking down how I was able to grow my audience here on YouTube,
打破了我在YouTube上增加观众数量的方式
as well as provide advice and tips for those creators
也为那些创作者提供了建议和提示
who are looking to break through the noise.
即那些希望打破外界干扰噪声的创作者
You can get it all at Patreon.com/MattD’Avella.
你可以在Patreon.com/MattD’Avella获取全部内容
But of course if you don’t have the money to contribute right now do not feel pressured.
当然 如果你现在没有钱捐赠 也不要感到有压力
The fact that you watch my videos is enough from me.
对我而言 你能收看我的视频就已经足够了
So in the same month that I quit social media,
所以在我戒掉社交媒体的同一个月
I saw exponential growth in my subscribers.
我看到我的订阅者数量呈指数增长
It’s most likely a coincidence
这很有可能是一次巧合
as I would have released that video anyway,
因为无论如何我都会发布那个视频
but it did make me think:
但这确实引发了我的思考——
Why was I spending so much time on social media
当我的工作重心是电影制作的时候
when the heart of what I do is making films?
为什么我要花这么多时间在社交媒体上?
Seth Godin wrote an article this month
赛斯·高汀这个月写了一篇文章
called “Social media is a symptom, not a tactic”.
叫做《社交媒体是一种症状而非手段》
In it he writes:
他在文章中写道:
“The Mona Lisa has a huge social media presence.
“蒙娜丽莎有着巨大的社交媒体存在感
The picture is everywhere,
这幅图片无处不在
but she doesn’t tweet.
但是她并不发推特
She’s big on social media because she’s an icon,
因为她是一位偶像 所以她在社交媒体上很受欢迎
but she’s not an icon because she’s big on social media.”
而不是因为她在社交媒体上受欢迎才成为偶像”
The narrative of social media grooming is a seductive one,
社交媒体培训的叙事技巧是很诱人的
But it’s as much of a dead end as spending an extra hour picking out
但它更像是一条死胡同 就像在演讲之前
which tie to wear before giving a speech.
花额外时间来挑选要打的领带
With the additional hour every day,
在每天额外的时间里
I was able to be a little bit more productive,
我能够变得更多产一些
which meant that I could get ahead with my work and
就意味着我能够赶在我的工作前面
And, I could either spend that on creating more content, more videos,
既可以花时间创作更多的内容和视频
or I could just take some time off and spend it with my family.
也可以拿一些时间出来陪伴我的家人
Which is what I did when I went back home to visit them for about a week.
我所做的就是回到家中 一周都陪伴着家人
My nephew Oliver thought my drone was the greatest thing ever.
我的侄子奥利弗认为我的无人机是有史以来最伟大的东西
The lesson?
教训是什么呢?
Productivity isn’t always about increased output.
生产效率并不总是指产量增加
Another lesson, don’t give Oliver the drone.
另一个教训 不要把无人机给奥利弗
There’s a sense of clarity
你会有一种很明晰的感觉
that you get when you take a step away from the compulsive checking.
当你迈出远离强迫性查看手机的第一步的时候
It’s really hard to explain,
这真的很难去解释
it’s really impossible to quantify,
它是真的不可能去量化的
and but I can tell you that I simply felt better by being away from it
但我能够告诉你 离开社交媒体让我感觉更好
It became much harder for me to see the benefits of social media to begin with.
对我而言 我很难看到开启社交媒体的好处
The urge to get back on Instagram and apps like it
返回Ins或类似应用的冲动
is mostly fuelled by the fear of missing out.
最主要是受到害怕错过的刺激
For some reason we’ve convinced ourselves that it’s important,
因为一些原因 我们让自己坚信它是重要的
that it’s necessary,
它是必须的
but once I got connected again,
但是一旦我重新连接之后
I realized one simple truth.
我意识到一个简单的事实
I didn’t miss a thing.
我没有失去任何一样东西
Now looking ahead to my next 30 days as a solo creator
如今我正在展望 作为一名孤独创作者的30天
and someone with a finite number of hours of the day,
每天都有限定的几个小时
I’m not so sure I want to spend them the way I used to.
我不太确定是否我想把这些时间花在我习惯的东西上
Sign up for Patreon for a dozen unlisted videos
注册Patreon可以获取十几个未列出的视频
with new ones coming every month.
和接下来的几个月将要发布的新视频
And of course subscribe to my channel for new videos every week.
当然 订阅我的频道可以获取每周最新视频
Thanks for watching!
谢谢收看!

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

视频博主尝试戒掉社交媒体30天,来寻找可能发生的变化。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

三十四

审核员

审核员Y

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z8_YhWoq2o

相关推荐