ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

我投资了Facebook。到2016年,我无法保持沉默。|罗杰·麦克纳梅 – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

我投资了Facebook。到2016年,我无法保持沉默。|罗杰·麦克纳梅

I invested in Facebook. By 2016, I couldn’t stay silent. | Roger McNamee

我投资了Facebook 到2016年我无法沉默了
我从未想过自己会成为行动主义者
I never expected to be an activist.
但是我成长的家庭有着强烈的价值观
But I was raised in a family with really strongvalues.
我出生于五十年代中期
I was born in the mid’50s,
我的父母都曾参与过民权运动
my parents were involved in the civil rights movement.
我的家人们相信
And I grew up in a family that believed
每个人都应拥有平等机会
that everyone should have an equal opportunity.
我的家人们还
And I was also raised in a family where they believed
相信我们都有责任
that we all had a responsibility
成为好市民 并使社会变得更美好
to be good citizens, to be engaged.
我生命中真正的问题是:
And the real question in my life was:
我的机会何时出现?
When would my opportunity come up?
我不是在找寻机会
It wasn’t like I was looking for it.
更多的是似乎从来没有过什么事
It was more that there never seemed be anything going
可以让我发出有价值的声音
on in which I could be a useful voice.
所以当我开始我的事业时
So when I began my career,
所有的东西都被我抛到脑后
all of that went into the back of my mind.
但我内心仍然有一个非常强大的价值体系
But I still had a really strong value system.
我注意到 从2007年开始
And I noticed, beginning in 2007,
硅谷的价值观在改变
that the values of Silicon Valley were changing.
硅谷不再是
That Silicon Valley was moving away
史蒂夫·乔布斯及其授权用户的价值体系
from the value system of Steve Jobs and empowering users,
而是开始将那些
to starting to view the people
使用产品的人视为经济价值的来源
who used the products as a source of economic value,
而不是受益者
not a beneficiary of it.
所以我必须放弃掉一些
And I had to pass on a series
我知道肯定会成功的公司
of companies that I knew were going to be successful; it
先是星家 声田 再是优步
started with and Zynga and then Spotify and then Uber,
我本来可以成为这些
all of which I could have been
公司刚创立时的投资人
an investor in practically at the beginning.
我不想特别批评那些公司
I don’t want to be critical of those companies,specifically.
但就我而言 我的价值体系是:
But for me, my value system said:
我想加入和我价值观
I want to be involved in companies where our values
一致的公司
are aligned.
而他们乐于剥削员工
And they were comfortable exploiting certainpopulations.
我觉得这样不好
And I just didn’t feel good about that.
于是我开始思考
And that’s what caused me to think
也许我不能再当一名投资者了
that maybe I couldn’t be an investor anymore.
如果我不愿意投资
I couldn’t manage other people’s money
硅谷所能提供的最好东西
if I wasn’t willing to invest in the best that
我就无法管理其他人的钱
Silicon Valley had to offer.
这是2016年的背景
So that’s the backdrop for 2016,
那年我开始注意到脸书出现了一些问题
when I start to notice things going wrong on Facebook.
我曾坚信脸书是与众不同的
The thing is that I was convinced that Facebookwas different.
当马克建立公司时
When Mark started the company,
他就坚持身份要认证 对吧?
he insisted on authenticated identity, right?
每个人必须要有学校的邮箱账户
Everybody had to have an email account froma school.
这样你才能摆脱挑衅帖子
And with that you got rid of trolls
因为人们不能匿名地干坏事
because people couldn’t be mean and hide behind anonymity.
如果他们表现不好的话
They had to be willing to take whatever
他们就必须得接受
the social blowback was if they didn’t behave
别人在现实社会中对他们的谴责
well.
我觉得这是必杀技
And I thought that was the holy grail.
我从没想过脸书会背道而驰
And it never occurred to me that Facebook would move away from that.
但事实就是这样
But that’s what they did.
所以在2016年 当我发现不对劲的时候
And so in 2016, when I started to see things going wrong,
我说 我不能
I eventually said, I can’t sit
坐以待毙 看着悲剧发生
back and watch this.
我退休了
I was retired.
我能做的最简单事就是坐在那里 说
The easy thing to do would have been to just sit there and say,
这(问题)不是我导致的
this is not my problem.
其他持有股份的年轻人会去解决的
I’ll leave it to young people who have aneconomic stake.
但不论什么原因
But for whatever reason,
我的价值体系蠢蠢欲动 它说现在是我的时刻
my value system kicked in and said, this is my moment.
真的出现问题了
There’s something really wrong here.
我必须去帮助我的朋友们
I need to reach out to my friends.
我觉得马克和雪莉是受害者
I thought Mark and Sheryl were the victims.
我不觉得他们是罪魁祸首
I didn’t think that they were the cause of any of this.
我一开始想保护他们
And I wanted initially to protect them.
但我发现其实非常难解决
The hard part came when I discovered, no,
因为他们对解决问题不感兴趣
they weren’t interested in fixing the problem.
他们想把它当成公共关系问题
They wanted to treat it as a public relationsproblem.
现在我进退两难
Now I’m faced with a quandary.
这是我参与过的公司
This is a company I’ve been involved in,
即使我不是成立初期就在
not from the very beginning, but from year two,
但我觉得成立两年的时候我就在的
or year three, I guess.
或者三年 因为我来的时候 它已经成立两年了
They were two years old when I first met them.
如果我在公众场合反击
And if I was going to push back in public,
我就得忘掉它是
I was going to have to walk away from what was,
我想
I think,
可能这是我成功生涯中做的
probably the most successful investment I’d made in an incredibly successful
最成功的投资
career.
我很快就做好了决定
And it didn’t take long to make that decision.
因为我意识到
I realized that there was a real risk
脸书被用来影响2016年大选的结果
that Facebook had been used to affect the outcome
确实对公司有风险
of the 2016 election.
它也直接影响了英国脱欧公投
It was almost certainly a factor in the Brexit referendum in the United Kingdom.
有谁知道会这样吗
And who knew what else.
我们之后发现它还影响了
I mean, we’ve since discovered it was a factor
缅甸种族灭绝
in a genocide in Myanmar and in hate-speech-related
和斯里兰卡因仇恨言论引起的杀戮
killings in Sri Lanka and election interference in many countries
以及干扰了欧洲多国的选举
in Europe, maybe even turning
甚至和WhatsApp一起逆转了巴西大选的结果
over an election in Brazil with WhatsApp.
但那时我并不知道
But I didn’t know that then.
我只知道我看到了一些无法忍受的事情发生
What I knew was that I had seen something I couldn’t live with.
我曾靠它们获益
And I had profited from this thing.
我不能不采取行动 什么也不做
And I couldn’t very well sit back and do nothing,
因为我也参曾与过
given I’d been involved.
我获益过
I profited.
我看到了一些我知道不对的东西
And I saw something I knew wasn’t right.
这时候 你就得做出选择了
It was one of those moments where you have to make a choice.
如果这件事我不站出来发声
If I wasn’t going to stand up on this issue,
那什么事我还能站出来呢 对吗
what issue was I going to stand up on, right?
这时我的价值体系起作用了
This is where my value system comes into play.
我是只是嘴上说说 或是要付诸行动?
Is it just talk, or am I going to walk the walk? Now,
这意味着什么呢
what did it mean?
大多数曾经跟我关系很好的同行
Most of the people that I’ve been most closely associated with professionally
现在对我很反感
are not comfortable with me anymore.
他们有些人对我恶言相向
Some of them say really awful things about me,
他们说的大多数不是真的
much of it completely not true.
但我看得很开
And I’m OK with that.
我看开了是因为我坚信我做的是对的
I’m OK with that because I believe in what I’m doing is right.
我相信只要马克和雪莉 睡一个好觉
And I believe that if Mark and Sheryl get a good night’s sleep,
只要拉里和谢尔盖
if Larry and Sergey
睡一个好觉 他们醒来会意识到
get a good night’s sleep, they’ll wake up and realize,
他们会顿悟
they’ll have an epiphany that
虽然他们已经取得了超乎想象的成功
they’ve been successful beyond their wildestdreams.
但现在 才是他们做自己故事中的英雄的时刻
And the time has come to be the hero in their own story.
再赚十亿美元对他们来说一点不重要
That the next billion dollars isn’t worthanything to them.
如果他们将公司改革
That they can do more good in a year
那么一年内他们的公司就会有很大的改善
by reforming their companies than they could ever do with
而这些改善是基金会无法给予的
a foundation.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

我投资了Facebook到2016年,我无法保持沉默。|罗杰·麦克纳梅

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

李门牙😄

审核员

审核员_BZ

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wgc6KF4jMg

相关推荐