未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

为小提琴自制静音开关

I Had to Build a Custom Mute Switch for my Violin

《分钟物理》
So, I play fiddle in a bluegrass band.
我在蓝草乐队中拉小提琴
(这只是个爱好 虽然我希望我每天都能练上40个小时)
Even though it’s an acoustic instrument
尽管它是一种声学乐器
Typically, we’re amplified at our shows.
在演奏中我们通常会扩音
Fiddle is one of the most difficult instruments to amplify.
小提琴是最难扩音的乐器之一
Typically you either use a microphone
通常你还要用一个麦克风
Which is what I have here–a little clip-on microphone-
就像我这里用的 一个小型夹式麦克风
-and you can hear me talking through it
你能通过它听到我说话
or you use a pickup
也可以用拾音器
which is embedded here in the bridge.
它嵌在琴桥里
A microphone typically sounds kind of more like what the instrument actually sounds like in person.
一般用麦克风听起来更像乐器本身的声音
听起来一般般 没那么好
While a pickup sounds kind of more,
而拾音器听起来就像
I don’t know, “tin canny.”
该怎么说 像“锡罐声”
(拾音器)
“鼻”音
But problem is that sometimes I don’t want the sound to be coming out of them
但问题是有时候我不想它发出声音
Sometimes I want to be able to tune my instrument,
在我想给我的乐器调音时
or talk to my bandmates without the entire audience hearing it.
或者私下跟队友交流不想让听众听到时
It’s really easy to find mute pedals for pickups.
拾音器的静音踏板容易找到
It’s a little bit harder to find mute pedals for microphones, but they do exist.
麦克风的就有点难找 但还是有的
But as far as I can tell,
据我所知
there’s really nothing out that you can buy that mutes both a microphone and a pickup together.
买一个让麦克风和拾音器都静音的 就啥问题都没了
There are some really really expensive preamps
有一些超贵的前置放大器也可以做到
that are like a thousand bucks that will do that also.
大概在一千美金左右
But I didn’t want to spend a thousand bucks just for a mute.
但我可不想花一千美金买一个静音器
And, of course, probably somebody watching this will tell me right away
当然 可能有人看到这里就会立马告诉我
that they know exactly how to find this
他知道该怎么找了
but I couldn’t find it after extensive searching
但我到处找都没找到
so I decided to make one myself.
所以我决定自己做一个
Alright, the parts are here. Let’s do this.
好的 部件都在这里了 开始吧
So, what do you need to make a dual-channel mute pedal
那么 给麦克风和拾音器做双通道静音踏板
for a mic and a pickup?
你需要些什么呢?
Two guitar cable jacks,
两个吉他电缆插座
an input and output mic jack,
输入和输出的麦克风插孔
a three channel switch,
一个三频道转换器
one channel for the mic, one for the pickup and one for an LED.
分别用在麦克风 拾音器 和LED上
an LED and resistor,
一个LED和一个电阻器
9-volt battery and battery connector,
9伏特电池和电池连接器
some small bolts, a box to put it all in,
一些小螺栓和存放它的盒子
and the makerspace at your local library
在当地工具库的创客空间
which has plenty of wire, soldering irons, drill bits, and so on.
那里有大量的电线 焊接用铁 钻头等
All in all it’s only about twenty or thirty bucks if you already
如果你用自己的工具或向朋友借或者去创客空间的话
own the tools or can borrow them from friends or go to a makerspace
总共只要二三十美金
I started off by finding the wiring diagrams for mute switches.
从找到静音开关的线路安装图开始
I don’t know much about circuits beyond what you learn in high school physics,
超过高中物理的知识我也不太懂
so these circuits are very very simple.
所以这些线路都非常非常简单
The pickup is the easiest one
拾音器是里面最简单的一个
since it has only two wires
因为它只有两根电线
One in black carrying a fixed reference voltage
一根黑色的携带固定基准电压
and the other in red carrying the signal from the pickup
另一根红色的携带来自拾音器的信号
by connecting these two wires together
通过连接这两根电线
you stop the signal from reaching the amplifier
你可以阻止信号到达扩音器
or PA system or whatever.
扩音系统或其他任何地方
I tested this all out with alligator clip cables to make sure things worked
我用弹簧夹电缆测试它能否正常工作
and the pickup was successfully muted.
拾音器成功静音了
So, onto the microphone
接下来 试试装在麦克风上
The mic has three wires
麦克风有三根电线
One with a fixed reference voltage
一根带固定基准电压
and the other two carrying copies of the signal from the mic.
另外两根携带麦克风的复制信号
The copies are inverted relative to each other
这些复制信号互相相反
and are later combined in a clever way
然后以一种巧妙的方式组合在一起
to help minimize interference from other nearby electronics.
来帮助减小附近设备的干扰
Anyway, because the copies of the signal are inverted
总之 因为这些复制信号是相反的
if we connect the two signal wires together.
如果我们把这两根信号线连在一起
The signals interfere and don’t reach the PA system,
信号受干扰后到不了扩音系统
muting the microphone.
从而使麦克风静音
I tested this out too just to make sure it was working
我也测试了它 确保它能正常工作
test 1 test 2 test
测试1测试2测试
1 test 2 test 1 test :
1测试2 测试1 测试
and it worked.
它起作用了
As a theoretical physicist,
作为一个理论物理学家
I’m constantly amazed when something actually works in real life the way you predict it should. Oh, yeah
当设想的事情在现实生活中实现时我常常感到震惊
And of course there has to be a nice red LED
噢 对了 当然这里还得有个红色LED灯
that lights up to show when the mute is on.
它亮起时就代表静音状态
The LED has a very simple circuit:
LED灯有一个非常简单的线路
just a 9-volt battery supplying power and a resistor so you don’t blow out the LED.
仅一个9伏特电池和一个电阻 这样就不会把LED烧毁了
and I tested this too, just to make sure,
我也做了测试 以防万一
because I don’t know what I’m doing.
因为我也不知道我在做什么
The combination of that click together with the light going on
这种咔擦声和灯光的结合
is so satisfying.
多么令人满意啊
So now to put this all into the box,
现在把他们全部放进盒子里
which came with no holes in it.
这个盒子目前没有孔
So I spent entirely way too long measuring and re measuring
所以我花了很长时间测量再测量
to figure out exactly where each of the holes should be.
来确认每个孔的精确位置
I only had one box and I did not want to mess it up.
我只有这一个盒子所以我不想搞砸了
I learned that step drill bits like this one are good for drilling big holes and thin materials
我听说这种阶梯钻头很适合钻大孔和轻薄材料
as long as you have enough space on the other side for the bit to go through without hitting stuff.
只要保证另一端有足够空间 钻头不会钻到其它东西
Oh, and this shiny plastic box is ugly and
噢 这个发亮的塑料盒子很丑
scratches and smudges way too easily.
而且很容易弄上划痕和污点
A quick visit to the kitchen scouring pad
赶紧去厨房拿百洁布擦下
gave it a sleek brushed look, though
这样它看起来会光滑些
it still scratches kind of easily.
虽然它还是很容易有划痕
Then it was time to get rid of those alligator clips
是时候摆脱那些弹簧夹了
and properly solder the connections together.
把这些东西准确焊接起来
This was my first real time soldering
这是我第一次真正进行焊接
and I’m sure I broke all sorts of soldering rules.
我肯定违反了各种各样焊接的规则
But I tried to look things up online
但是我试图上网查阅资料
and stay organized with different colors of wire
并把不同颜色电线整理好
and make sure I put the necessary wires through
确保我在焊接前
the necessary holes before soldering them.
把必要的电线接到了必要的孔上
And the heat shrink tubing maybe isn’t necessary,
热缩管可能不是必需的
but it is incredibly satisfying to put on.
但装上它会令人相当满意
Here’s the LED circuit, soldered and still working
这是LED灯的电路 焊接后还能工作
and a little while later, here’s the pickup being muted
过了一会儿 拾音器就能静音了
and finally I soldered the microphone connections
最后 我把麦克风连接处焊接起来
and could actually put the switch into the box
把开关放进盒子里
and put the LED in
并放入LED灯
and test that everything was still working.
检测后一切正常
And I’m delighted to say it works.
我很高兴它起作用了
All in all this took me around eight or nine hours to build
做这些耗费了我八九个小时
including filming myself while building it
包括自己录制制作过程
and if I did anything differently
如果说我做的有什么不一样了
it would be to get a metal box.
那就是换了一个金属盒子
The plastic one is just a tad flimsy
那个塑料的太薄了
and still too easily scratched.
而且很容易有划痕
So here’s the finished product.
所以这才是成品
It has two inputs,
它有两个输入频道
either for my mic or my pickup or both and
可以同时支持我的麦克风和拾音器
one button that I can push to mute both of them together.
按下一个按钮就可以同时静音
That’s all I wanted.
这就是我想要的
I don’t know why this doesn’t exist,
我不知道为什么它不存在
but I had to make it myself.
但是我必须自己做一个
I am so pleased with this. I’m really excited.
我对它非常满意 我很高兴
It’s such a simple stupid little project.
就是一个简单又傻傻的小实验
But I’m super excited that I made something that didn’t exist
但我非常兴奋我做出了本不存在的东西
or I couldn’t find and it’s exactly what I want,
并且我发现它正好是我想要的
and that’s what’s so satisfying about it.
这就是我感到满意的原因
I highly recommend that you try projects like this.
我高度推荐你尝试类似的事情
It’s really satisfying- -you learn stuff
这真的你感到心满意足 既学到了东西
and you end up with a product that you’re proud of and
又做出了让自己感到骄傲的产品
that you’re gonna use actually in your, you know,
并且 你可以将它用在自己的爱好上
your hobby of playing fiddle in a bluegrass band.
比如在蓝草乐队拉小提琴
If you’re the sort of person who likes to tinker with electronics or making stuff
如果你喜欢摆弄电子产品或制作设备
and likes to understand how stuff like this works,
想知道这种设备是如何工作的
I highly recommend today’s sponsor Brilliant.org.
我强推今天的赞助商Brilliant.org
Brilliant is a website with all sorts of puzzles and problems about science and math.
这是一个关于科学和数学答疑解惑的网站
You can learn things through their guided courses and quizzes,
你可以在他们的指导课或测验上学到东西
or you can just do their daily puzzles.
也可以只做上面的每日谜题
They have a ton of stuff on there
他们有大量的课程
–courses about circuits and electricity and magnetism how electronics work
关于电路 电学 磁学以及电子设备如何工作
and the first 200 people to go to Brilliant.org/minutephysics
前两百名去这个网站的人
will get 20% off of a premium subscription to Brilliant,
将获得Brilliant付费订阅的八折优惠
which gives you full access to all of their courses and puzzles
这样你就可以访问他们全部的课程和谜题
and the daily problems.
以及日常问题
Again, that’s brilliant.org/minutephysics for 20% off a premium subscription to Brilliant
再说一次 订阅时让它知道你是从这来的
and to let Brilliant know that you came from here.
可以打八折哦
Thanks.
谢谢

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

因为买不起昂贵的设备,我打算自己动手为小提琴做一个静音开关,这是一个非常令人享受的过程,跟我一起来看看吧!

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Erithacus rubecula

审核员

审核员LJ

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYsp7OIMFAs

相关推荐