未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

每天只睡4个小时会出现什么样的奇迹

I Decided to Sleep for 4 Hours a Day, See What Happened

假设一下
So check this out
如果我决定一天只睡四个小时会发生什么呢
What happened when I decided to sleep for four hours a day
那么你想过如果一天将会有更多的时间
So, can you ever think about how cool it would be
会有多么酷吗
if there were more hours in a day?
你可轻易地有时间做任何事情
You could easily have time for everything:
工作 爱好 陪朋友和家人
work, hobbies, friends and family..
或者只是闲着什么都不干
or just lazing around doing nothing at all.
但是别再做梦了 让我们回到现实吧
But enough dreaming, let’s get back to reality!
让这梦想成真的唯一方法是减少睡眠
The only way to make it happen is by sleeping less
但是这真的有用吗
but would that actually work
还不会让你变成一个疲倦的发牢骚的人吗
without turning you into a tired grouch?
BRIGHTSIDE和一个人聊天 有一天这个人认为
Well,BRIGHTSIDE man who one day decided that
睡眠是给弱者的
sleeping is for the weak
他调整了他的日常作息
and adjusted his daily routine
只留两到四个小时睡觉
to leave only two to four hours for sleep,
他是这样说的
and here’s what he said
我怎么想到这个主意的?
Where did the idea come from?
据说那些伟大思想家
Rumor has it that great minds
像列纳尔多·达·芬奇 尼古拉·特斯拉
like Leonardo Da Vinci, Nikola Tesla
萨尔瓦多·达利以及许多其他的天才
Salvador Dali and a whole slew of other geniuses
喜欢实践这种所谓的多相睡眠
of the like practice so-called polyphasic sleep
这意味着他们一天只睡一到四个小时
Which mean they slept for only about one to four hours a day
简单而言 多相睡眠就是这样一种睡眠模式
in a nutshell,polyphasic sleep is a sleep pattern
你大大减少夜间睡眠时间
where you drastically cut your bed time during the night,
然后在这一天中增加几次二十到三十分钟的小憩
and add a couple of twenty to thirty minute naps throughout the day.
这听起来有点疯狂
It sounds a bit crazy,
但是最后
But in the end
你每周都会有很多额外的时间
you’ll wind up with a few additional days every week
而且 我们都知道睡眠最关键的阶段
Plus the most crucial stage of sleep
恰好是持续二十到三十分钟的快速眼动睡眠阶段
known as rapid eye movement sleep lasts exactly 20 to 30 minutes
而且 这是你的大脑
And this is the peak time
再充电和缓解压力的高峰时期
for your brain to recharge and de-stress
就像其他许多人一样
Just like many other people
我每个月也总是缺少大量的时间
I’m pretty much always short of time every month
所以我决定
I decide that I want to
我要定期地去游泳池游泳
start going to the pool regularly
但我总是回家躺下
But instead I go home
然后刷YouTube刷很久
lie down and be joining in another “Youtube Marathon”
我经常约会迟到
I’m usually late for meetings
我总是把我所有重要的任务拖延到下一天
then I procrastinate all my important tasks until the next day,
所以在某一时刻
so at one point
我决定了 这真的够了是时候尝试一下多相睡眠法了
I decided that enough is enough and the time has come to try polyphasic sleep.
在我们深入讨论之前
Before we go any further,
你知道的 多相睡眠有几种可供选择的时间表
you should know that polyphasic sleep has a couple of possible schedules to pick from
如果你想要尝试一下
If you want to try it
你可以在五种标准时间表中选择
you can choose between five standard ones
或者在历史名人实践过的时间表中选择
or from those practiced by history’s finest,
比如温斯顿·丘吉尔
like Winston Churchill,
他一天只睡六个半小时
who slept for six and a half hours a day
或者像尼古拉·特斯拉 他更喜欢留出两小时二十分来小睡一会儿
or Nikola Tesla who preferred to leave two hours and 20 minutes for snoozing.
你也可以和我一样
You can also do what I did
制定你自己的时间表
and make up your own schedule
也可以使用在线时间计算器来制定计划
there are also different online time schedule calculators that they can help you with that
我最终睡眠时间表
So my final sleep schedule consisted of
包括四个小时的晚上睡眠
four hours of sleep at night
和两次二十五分钟的白天休息时间
And two twenty five minutes sleep breaks during the day.
一次在午饭后 另一次在下班后
One after lunch and the other after my work shift
接下来的几天是这样的
Here’s how the next couple of days went
第一天 事实上 一开始实践很成功
Day one the experiment started out fantastically
我凌晨一点半上床睡觉
to be honest I went to bed at 1:30 a.m.
五点半醒来
And woke up at 5:30
在工作前 我还有大量空闲时间
I had plenty of extra time before work
所以我最后做完了所有的家务
So I finally did all the housework
还制定了整个星期的要做的事项清单
and made it to-do list for the entire week.
为了跟时间表保持一致
To keep up with the schedule
我带着睡眠眼罩和耳塞去上班
I brought a sleep mask and earplugs to work.
午饭后 我找了一个安静的地方
After lunch, I just found a quiet place
去放松 然后试着睡着
to really relax and try to fall asleep
我在家也尝试做这些事
I tried the same thing at home,
但是在二十五分钟内我睡不着
but I couldn’t fall asleep within 25 minutes.
好吧 好吧 我想接下来几天会有所改善吧
Well,I guess that’ll change in the next few days
第二天 在我开始实验之前
Day two Before I started this experiment
我曾和几个做过这个实验
I had talked to a couple of people
并成功掌握这种睡眠模式的人聊过
that tried it and managed to master this type of sleeping pattern
他们提醒我 要花好几个星期才能习惯它
They warned me that it takes several weeks to get used to it
在那之前 特别是一开始的两个星期
until then especially for the first two weeks
基本上 你会感觉像个僵尸
You basically feel like a zombie
而这正是第二天发生在我身上的事
And this is exactly what happened to me on day two
第二天我极度疲惫 情绪也很低落
I was incredibly tired and emotionally drained
第三天的时候
Day 3 at this point
已经没有今天和明天了所有日子都模糊不清
there was no today or tomorrow all the days turned into one big blur
但是我最终可以
But I was finally able to fall asleep
在25分钟的休息时间睡着了
during like 25-minute breaks
然而睡醒后我并没有感觉很好
However, I didn’t feel any better after them
我时不时地问自己
Every now and then I thought to myself
我究竟为什么做这个 我就应该直接去睡觉
” Why on earth am I doing this? I should just go to bed.”
克服这个难题需要很多努力和意志力
It took a lot of effort and willpower to overcome this rough patch
坚持实践也是
and continue the experiment
第四天 我脑子混沌的状态几乎成为常态了
Day four, the blurry state of mind became almost a norm for me
如果有人开始跟我说话
if someone started to talk to me
我只是站在那里 无神地盯着前面
I just stood there and stared blankly ahead of me
坚持一场对话对我来说耗费的能量太多了
it took too much energy for me to keep up a conversation
甚至是简单的回答问题都让我疲惫不堪
or even simply reply to questions
我花费了大部分时间就只是让思绪在太空漫游
I spent most of my time staring off into space
我的长相在前四天也发生了变化
my appearance also changed in the first four days
而且绝对不是越变越好
and definitely not for the better
我看起来更苍白了
I looked way paler
而且我的眼睛时常充血 下面还有了黑眼圈
and my eyes were constantly bloodshot with dark circles under them
也许最糟糕的情况就要结束了以后会变得越来越好
Maybe the worst is over and it’s going to get better from here
第五天
Day five,
我开始有点习惯我的新睡眠时间表了
I started getting a little accustomed to my new sleep schedule.
只要我闭上眼睛小睡上25分钟
As soon as they close my eyes for a 25-minute nap
我就可以立刻进入深度睡眠
I could immediately enter deep sleep
我甚至可以比我需要醒的时候醒的更早且仍然感到已经充分休息
I even woke up earlier than I needed to and still felt a bit rested
在晚上我也有很多自由时间
I also had a lot of free time at night,
所以我决定读点书和看点纪录片
so I decided to read more books and watch more documentaries
我也因而发现了巴西的一个部落 叫做Piryohae
That’s how I found out about a tribe in Brazil called the piryohae
这个部落里的人们从没有充足的睡眠
People in this tribe never fully sleep.
他们只时不时地靠在树上小憩20分钟
They just take 20-minute naps leaning back against a tree from time to time
他们认为睡觉时间太长会使你变得越来越不像你自己
They believe that when you sleep for too long you become less and less yourself.
那就是一些深度内省的东西 对吧
That’s some deep introspective stuff right?
而且 他们总体上都不喜欢睡觉或许可以解释他们为什么不需要睡那么久
Plus, they don’t like sleeping in general, so, that helps.
第六天和第七天
Day six and seven
我终于完全习惯了多相睡眠
I finally got fully used to polyphasic sleep
几乎我每次从小睡中醒来
almost every time I woke up from my naps
我都感觉我好像深度睡眠了几小时而不只是二十五分钟
I felt like I had been sleeping for a solid few hours instead of just 25 minutes
心理障碍和模糊意识也完全消失了
Mental blocks and cloudiness completely vanished
我的工作效率也恢复正常了
and my work capacity went back to normal
我能做的事情比我之前想象的要更多
I managed to do more than I had ever imagined I could
我每晚都看书和电影
I was reading books and watching movies every evening,
而且我可以完全不喝咖啡了
and I was able to stop drinking coffee entirely!
更值得一提的是
Not to mention.
我开始长期坚持去游泳馆
I started going to the pool with long-last,
所以 我回到正轨了
so I’m back on track
第八天到第十天的时候
Days eight through ten
我的创造力和毅力大大地提高了
My creativity and stamina improves significantly
这都是因为我可以恰当及时给我的大脑充电 重新获得精力
Due to the fact that I could properly recharge my brain in time and regain my strength
午睡以后
After the afternoon nap
感觉就像过去了一整天
It feels like a whole day had gone by
而且我可以找到处理问题的最佳办法
And I was able to find the best solution to a problem
我之前完全想不出来的办法
I couldn’t figure out earlier
而且之前所有疲乏的迹象也消失了
all of the obvious signs of my exhaustion had disappeared too
我的气色也已恢复如初
and my complexion went back to how it was before
我继续实验 得到了一些不错的结果
My experiment continued to give some great results.
我感觉很好 并且比之前更有生产力
I felt all right and was more productive than ever
第11天到第14天
Days 11 through 14
这时候我决定不再遵守任何睡眠时间表
At this point I decided not to stick to any certain sleeping schedule
只是让我的身体自己决定
and just let my body decide for itself
什么时候休息最好
When the best time to rest was
用这种方法我觉得很舒服
and I felt really comfortable this way
为了更了解我的极限
I also pushed myself a little to know more about my limits
我保持晚上睡眠时间越来越少
So I kept sleeping less and less through the night
结果显示 两个半小时的睡眠时间对我来说就足够了
It turmed out that two and a half hours of nighttime sleep is enough for me.
如果我白天打盹的话
if I have my daytime naps.
如果我想晚上睡得更少
If I want to sleep even less at night
我只要再增加一次睡眠时间 事实也是这样
I should just add one more sleep break, and that’s it.
基本上 这就是我现在做的事
That’s basically how I do it now
多阶段睡眠有利弊
the pros and cons of polyphasic sleep
优点之一 效率
Pros: Number one, Productivity
我每天都会在午饭之前制定好每天待做清单
I managed to knock out my entire days to-do list before lunchtime
如果不是这个待做清单 我真不知道做什么
If this isn’t the goal then I don’t know what is.
这已经成为更容易解决问题和完成所有任务的方式
It’s become way easier to solve any problems and complete all my tasks
优点之二 不再需要闹钟
Number two,No more alarm clocks.
我开始意识到
I’ve started to notice that
我已经可以每次都在闹钟响之前醒来
I wake up before the alarm clock even rings
而且我也不觉得暴躁
And I don’t feel so grumpy about it either.
我精神充沛 准备完成所有事情
I’m just ready to hop up and get things done
优点之三 健康的食物
Number three, Healthy food.
吃饱肚子后很难入睡
It was hard to fall asleep on a full stomach
所以在我的实验中
So during my experiment
我只吃一点养生轻食和天然食品
I ate mostly light meals and natural foods.
结果显而易见
The result was obvious
我的胃胀感消失了
The feelings of heaviness in my stomach disappeared
我变得更有生气 甚至可省下一笔钱
I became more active and I even saved some cash.
这很值得
It was definitely worth it
优点之四 做更多的运动 读更多的书
Number four: More exercise and books
睡觉的时间变少后
With less time spent sleeping.
无论是身体上还是精神上 我都有了更多的时间来发展自己
I had more time to develop myself both physically and mentally.
我读了所有我想读的书
I’ve read all the books I wanted to
并且开始去健身房和游泳池
and I started going to the gym in the swimming pool
结果我生病的次数减少了
All this has resulted in me getting sick less often
而且变得更健壮了
and feeling much more robust!
缺点 第一 日子变得模糊不清
Cons: Number one, Days turn into one big blur
我们习惯在白天思考
We’re all used to thinking of days
从黄昏到黎明
as a series of dusts and dawns
但是多阶段睡眠
But with polyphasic sleep
使得白天都变成无止尽的时间的持续
the days all become an endless time stream
黄昏和黎明对人们来说只是入睡和起床的标志
Dusk and dawn are just signals for people
没有其他的意义
to fall asleep or to wake up and nothing more
第二 没有聚会时间
Number two, No more partying,
我认为我在这个实验中进入到心态更成熟的阶段
I think I entered a serious more mentally mature phase of my life during this experiment
那就是我不再花时间
from that time on there were no go hard
去聚会或晚上和朋友出去玩
or go home parties or nights out with friends
也不再喝酒
and don’t even get me started on alcohol.
它破坏了整个时间计划
It ruins the whole schedule.
我猜提高效率就必须有所牺牲
I guess productivity requires sacrifices
第三 关于健康
Number three, Health-wise
这个实验并不适合所有人
It’s not for everybody in the beginning of the experiment
但是睡眠上的巨大改变会对人们的神经系统和血液循环系统造成伤害
But the drastic changes in your sleep are very hard for your nervous and circulatory systems
所以在实验开始前
So, be careful
一定要仔细并且了解相关的知识
do your research and learn more about this topic before you start?
我实验结束后的想法
My thoughts after the experiment
如果你的生活中有很多代办事项
If your life is like one big to-do list
你来不及完成
that you just can’t seem to keep up with
那么多阶段睡眠对你来说是合适的
then polyphasic sleep is probably for you
另外 我确实效率提高了
All jokes aside,I definitely became more productive,
而且我有很多空余时间可以做很多 我想做的事
I have a lot of spare time that allows me to do everything I want and even more.
另一方面
On the other hand, it can be difficult
用完全不同的养生之道是很困难的
since the whole world is on a completely different regimen
你的亲朋好友会认为这很奇怪
your friends and family might think it’s weird
如果你和他们说你不能和他们出去玩
when you tell them you can’t go out with them
还让他们停止看电影以免影响你的小憩
or ask them to pause a movie so you can take a nap
无论如何这是你自己的选择
In any case, it’s your choice to make
先完成作业然后做其他的
Just do your homework first and then go for it.
如果你不适应这种巨大的改变
If this sort of dramatic change isn’t for you.
不要担心
Don’t worry
你仍然可以 通过很多事情来提高你的效率
There are still lots of things you can do to improve your productivity
首先
First of all,
你想做完事情的时候 关机
when you’re trying to get something done turn off your phone
也许听起来比较愚蠢
It might sound a bit silly
但是手机确实会让人分心
But your phone is a huge distraction
你可能会回复个信息
You’ll reply to one message here,
浏览条新闻
read some news there
在几分钟内
and within a few minutes
你登上Ins 看名人事迹
You’re on Instagram checking out celebrity profiles
或登上Twitter讨论新话题
or on Twitter debating some new topic.
其实只需要放下手机或者打开飞行模式就可以
Just put it down or turn on airplane mode
相信我们 你的工作效率一定会大大提高的
Trust us, your level of productivity will definitely increase
第二点 不要等待完美的时机
Secondly, stop waiting for the perfect moment
做你想做的事 不要犹豫
If you want to do something just do it.
在现实中 所有的障碍都在你的脑子里
All the obstacles and roadblocks are in your head in real life
你在周一还是周四开始并不重要
It doesn’t matter whether you start something on Monday or Thursday.
真正重要的是你做了多少
What really matters is how much you’ve worked on it
其次 在嘈杂的工作环境中
Another thing is a messy workplace
你根本不能快速地做事
You won’t ever be able to do something quickly
如果你的工作环境不整洁
if your workplace isn’t tidy
你会花更多时间找东西并且压力会更大
It just takes more time to find things and stresses you out even more,
所以把工作环境整理好
so clean it all up
并且一直保持下去
and learn to keep it that way
你周围的朋友觉得你已焕然一新也并不奇怪
It’s no surprise that people you surround yourself with make a huge difference too
努力控制不好的情感
Try to steer clear from negative nancies and Debbie downers
你无法从沮丧的人们身上
You won’t get any good energy or inspiration from people
获取任何的精力或灵感
who are always depressed for the sake of being depressed
相反 他们会批评你所有的想法
They’ll instead just criticize all your ideas
让你怀疑自我 最后 要学会说”不”
and make you doubt yourself and finally learn to say”No”
每个人都应该知道这是一个奇妙的单词
It’s a magical word that everyone should know
不要给你自己太多的任务
Don’t overload yourself with too many tasks
有一些你完全不需要在意
some of which you don’t even care about.
珍惜时间并把它花在能让你快乐的事上
Value your time and spend it on stuff that makes you happy and excited.
你有其他的技巧可以提高效率吗
Do you have any tips of your own on how to be more productive?
在下面的评论区告诉我们
Tell us in the comment section below
不要忘记点击喜欢按钮
Don’t forget to hit the like button
并把这个视频分享给你的朋友们
and share this video with all of your friends
也许你会发现有人 想和你一起尝试多阶段睡眠
Maybe you’ll find someone that would like to try a polyphasic sleep schedule with you.
喜欢的话就订阅我们的频道吧
Subscribe our Channel

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

通过亲身体验睡眠实验,告知我们每天睡4小时的影响,同时介绍了多阶段睡眠的概念和利弊

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

小盒子

审核员

审核员 RN

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbFzL-0pEeU

相关推荐