未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

毛线轰炸如何成长为世界性的活动

How yarn bombing grew into a worldwide movement | Magda Sayeg

我是纺织艺术家
I’m a textile artist
因开创了毛线轰炸活动
most widely known for startingthe yarn bombing movement.
而为人熟知 毛线轰炸指的是当你将针织或钩编所用的材料
Yarn bombing is when you takeknitted or crocheted material
以涂鸦艺术用于城市环境中然而
out into the urban environment,graffiti-style —
准确的说
or, more specifically,
这种行为并未得到允许和批准但是
without permission and unsanctioned.
当我10年前开始这个活动的时候
But when I started this over 10 years ago,
我没有想到什么词来形容它
I didn’t have a word for it,
我对它并没有任何野心
I didn’t have anyambitious notions about it,
也没有伟大的幻想
I had no visions of grandeur.
我所想要看到的是一些温暖的 毛绒的
All I wanted to see was somethingwarm and fuzzy and human-like
更人性的我每天都能在冰冷的 钢铁般灰白色的表面上看到
on the cold, steel, gray facadethat I looked at everyday.
所以我包裹住了门把手
So I wrapped the door handle.
我称之为Alpha作品
I call this the Alpha Piece.
我不知道这样的小物件会改变我的生活轨道
Little did I know that this tiny piecewould change the course of my life.
很明显 出现了有趣的反应
So clearly the reaction was interesting.
这促使我想 “我还能做些什么呢?”
It intrigued me and I thought,”What else could I do?”
我能在公共领域做哪些事情以达到同样的效果?
Could I do something in the public domainthat would get the same reaction?
所以我包裹了我家附近停车指示牌的杆子
So I wrapped the stop signpole near my house.
反应很热烈
The reaction was wild.
人们会停下车走出来
People would park their cars
盯着它看
and get out of their cars and stare at it,
挠着他们的头
and scratch their heads and stare at it,
盯着它看拍下它并且和它合照
and take pictures of itand take pictures next to it,
这些都让我感到惊喜
and all of that was really exciting to me
于是我想要把附近每个停车牌的杆子
and I wanted to do every stop sign polein the neighborhood.
都包裹起来我包裹的越多 人们的反应就越强烈
And the more that I did,the stronger the reaction.
因此在这时刻我着迷了
So at this point I’m smitten.
我乐在其中
I’m hooked.
这一切太具有吸引力
This was all seductive.
我找到了我新的热情
I found my new passion
城市是我的游乐园
and the urban environmentwas my playground.
这些是我的早期作品
So this is some of my early work.
我对这个的主意十分感兴趣:
I was very curious about this ideaof enhancing the ordinary,
美化平凡世俗 甚至是丑陋的事物
the mundane, even the ugly,
在不影响它的特征或是功能的情况下
and not taking away its identityor its functionality
给它裁剪一个优良的针织外套
but just giving it a well-tailoredsuit out of knitting.
这对我来说很有趣
And this was fun for me.
它实在有趣将无生命的物件
It was really funto take inanimate objects
赋予它们生气
and have them come to life.
于是…
So …
我想我们都理解这个笑点但是
I think we all see the humor in this,

but —
(笑声)
(Laughter)
我当时正处在想要严肃对待它的时期
I was at a point whereI wanted to take it seriously.
我想要分析它
I wanted to analyze it.
我想要知道我为什么会让它主宰我的生活
I wanted to know why I was lettingthis take over my life,
为什么我会乐在其中
why I was passionate about it,
为什么人们会对此产生如此强烈的回应
why were other peoplereacting so strongly to it.
我意识到了
And I realized something.
我们都生活在这个快节奏 数字化的世界
We all live in thisfast-paced, digital world,
但我们仍然渴望并且期待疗伤治愈系的东西
but we still crave and desiresomething that’s relatable.
我想住在过度发展的城市里
I think we’ve all become desensitized
我们都已经变得麻木
by our overdevelopedcities that we live in,
那些布告板
and billboards and advertisements,
广告牌巨型停车场
and giant parking lots,
我们甚至不再抱怨这些东西
and we don’t even complainabout that stuff anymore.
当你偶遇一个
So when you stumble upon
杆子被针织物包裹的停车牌杆时
a stop sign polethat’s wrapped in knitting
它看起来这么不协调
and it seems so out of place
然后渐渐地–
and then gradually — weirdly —
奇怪的–你发现自己和它产生了某种连结
you find a connection to it,
就是那个时刻
that is the moment.
那是我爱的时刻
That is the moment I love
那时我想要与他人分享的时刻
and that is the momentI love to share with others.
因此在这时
So at this point, my curiosity grew.
我更加好奇从消防栓和停车牌杆
It went from the fire hydrantsand the stop sign poles
到别的我能用针织改造的物件
to what else can I do with this material.
我能做大型的 难以超越的物件吗?
Can I do something bigand large-scale and insurmountable?
于是这个大巴就这样出现了
So that’s when the bus happened.
这对我来说是一个真正的游戏规则改变者
This was a real game changer for me.
我永远都在心中为这件作品留有柔软的位置那时起
I’ll always have a soft spotin my heart for this one.
人们开始认识到我的作品
At this point, peoplewere recognizing my work
但是这样的作品并不多巨型的
but there wasn’t much out there
被针织物包裹的作品
that was wrapped in knittingthat was large-scale,
这就是第一个被织针物品包裹起来的城市里大巴车那时
and this definitely was the firstcity bus to be wrapped in knitting.
我开始试验
So at this point, I’m experiencing,
我开始见证一些有趣的事
or I’m witnessing something interesting.
我也许是那个开启毛线轰炸活动的人但很明显那活动已不属于我
I may have started yarn bombingbut I certainly don’t own it anymore.
毛线轰炸成为了全球化的活动
It had reached global status.
全世界的人们都在做这样的活动
People from all over the worldwere doing this.
我知道这个是因为我去了世界一些地方旅行
And I know this because I would travelto certain parts of the world
我以前从没去过那里
that I’d never been to,
我会偶遇一个停车牌的杆子我知道不是我把它包裹起来的
and I’d stumble upon a stop sign poleand I knew I didn’t wrap it.
因此当我开始追求自己的艺术目标–
So as I pursuedmy own goals with my art —
这些是一些我最近的作品–
this is a lot of my recent work —
当然是毛线轰炸
so was yarn bombing.
毛线轰炸仍在增长
Yarn bombing was also growing.
这样的经验展示了工艺作品的潜在能量
And that experience showed methe hidden power of this craft
并告诉我
and showed me
我和世界其他地区有着这样的通用语言
that there was this common languageI had with the rest of the world.
通过这个老年女性的兴趣活动–
It was through this granny hobby —
这个不装腔作势谦逊活动–
this unassuming hobby —
我找到了和那些我从未想过可能有关系的人群
that I found commonality with people
之间的连结
that I never thoughtI’d have a connection with.
今天我讲了我的故事
So as I tell my story today,
我也想传达给你们一个信息
I’d also like to convey to you
潜在的力量往往出现在最谦逊平凡的地方
that hidden power can be foundin the most unassuming places,
我们都拥有这些本领等待着被发掘
and we all possess skillsthat are just waiting to be discovered.
如果你思考我们的双手 这双与我们连接在一起的工具
If you think about our hands,these tools that are connected to us,
他们能做什么–
and what they’re capable of doing —
建造房屋和制造家具
building houses and furniture,
绘制巨型的壁画–
and painting giant murals —
在绝大部分时间里我们握着遥控器或是手机
and most of the timewe hold a controller or a cell phone.
我同样对此感到非常愧疚
And I’m totally guilty of this as well.
但是如果你们想
But if you think about it,
当你放下这些东西的时候
what would happenif you put those things down?
会发生什么?你会制作些什么?你会用你的双手创造些什么?
What would you make?What would you create with your own hands?
很多人认为我是技艺精湛的编织大师事实上
A lot of people thinkthat I am a master knitter
我甚至无法为自己织一件毛衣来御寒
but I actually couldn’t knita sweater to save my life.
但我用针织做了一些有趣的事情
But I did somethinginteresting with knitting
那些我之前从未做过的事情
that had never been done before.
我也不是“想要”要成为艺术家的人
I also wasn’t “supposed to be” an artist
在这个意义上我从未接受过正式的艺术类训练–事实上
in the sense that I wasn’tformally trained to do this —
我的专业是数学
I’m a math major actually.
我从未想过这是我手中的牌
So I didn’t thinkthis was in the cards for me,
但我也知道我并非偶然发现它
but I also know that I didn’tstumble upon this.
当机会出现的时候我将它紧紧握住
And when this happened to me,I held on tight,
我为此努力并且我很骄傲地说今天我是艺术家
I fought for it and I’m proud to saythat I am a working artist today.
当我们思考未来
So as we ponder the future,
知道你的未来或许不是一帆风顺的某一天
know that your futuremight not be so seamless.
你也许会和我一样感到疲倦
And one day, you mightbe as bored as I was
织一个门把手套
and knit a door handleto change your world forever.
就此改变你们的世界谢谢
Thank you.
(鼓掌)
(Applause)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述
听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

收集自网络

审核员

自动通过审核

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFDmsNCGcvc

相关推荐