未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

如何在月球和火星定居

How we’ll colonize the Moon and Mars | Robert Curbeam

People want to know:
人们想要知道:
‘When are we going back to the moon?’
“我们什么时候重返月球?”
‘When are we gonna go to Mars?’
“我们什么时候前往火星?”
And I always tell ’em, ‘When we’re ready.’
我一直跟他们说 “等我们做好准备的时候”
Humans have been thinking about space travel
长期以来 人类一直思考
in one form or another for a long time.
以某种方式太空旅行
I mean, you can look back
回顾遥远的19世纪
at Jules Verne way back in the 1800s.
儒勒·凡尔纳的作品就知道了
You know, we’ve always been thinking about
你要知道 我们一直在思考
traveling off this planet.
如何驶离我们的地球
Once we started realizing that this was a possibility,
一旦人们意识到这样做有可能成功
people started seriously considering
就开始认真考虑
what kinds of things we needed to learn how to do to make it happen.
怎样才能让可能成为现实
“We choose to go to the Moon in this decade,
“我们决定在这十年间登上月球
and do the other things
并实现更多梦想
not because they are easy,
我们不会拈轻怕重
but because they are hard.”
而是迎难直上”
“That’s one small step for man,
“这是一个人的一小步
one giant leap for mankind.”
却是人类的一大步”
The difference between what we did then and what we plan on doing this time
当时做的东西和这次计划做的不同在于
is we plan on returning to stay.
这次我们打算留下来
I’m Robert Curbeam, former astronaut.
我是前宇航员Robert Curbeam
I’m currently the senior vice president
现任职于Maxar公司
for Space Capture for Maxar.
空间捕捉事业部高级副总裁
And I just can’t wait until somebody puts a bootprint on Mars.
我迫不及待想看到人类踏上火星
与Robert Curbeam一起探索地外生命
I was with NASA for 13 years.
我在NASA工作了13年
I did three space flights, seven space walks.
执行过3次太空飞行任务 7次太空行走任务
I am extremely excited now
现在我很激动
about helping other people accomplish things in space,
可以帮他人完成太空任务
and more importantly, come back
更重要的是帮他们返回地球
so that they could tell us what they experienced.
好让他们讲述亲身经历的事情
The last time people were on the Moon
人类上一次登上月球是在
was in 1972 during the Apollo 17 mission.
1972年阿波罗17号登月计划中
Now we’re in the Artemis Era
当前我们处在阿尔忒弥斯计划时代
where we’re going back to the Moon,
我们要重返月球
and even further to Mars.
甚至去到更远的火星
And so, we’re gonna actually establish a presence
因此 我们计划与NASA的Gateway
in lunar orbit with NASA’s Gateway,
建立月球轨道驻留机制
the Gateway not only to allow people to visit
人类不仅能够通过Gateway
the lunar surface,
拜访月球表面
but also travel further into deep space.
还可以去到更远的外太空
Whenever you’re designing aerospace vehicles,
无论何时 航天飞行器的设计
mass is everything.
质量都是一切
It is the most important consideration in every decision you make.
在任何一个决策中都是最重要的考虑因素
You’re worried about: ‘How much is it gonna weigh?’
你得考虑到: “这东西有多重?”
Maxar is building the power
Maxar公司正在为空间站建造
and propulsion element for this space station.
动力与推进系统部件
We’ve made it so that it runs off of solar power.
这样空间站能够通过太阳能运转
Another project that uses our SEP technology
另一个使用太阳能电力推进技术的项目
is our Psyche spacecraft-
是普赛克太空船项目
and it’s a mission to go investigate
它的任务是研究
an asteroid that’s well past Mars.
比火星更遥远的小行星
I think solar electric propulsion is gonna be very
我认为太阳能电力推进系统在
very important to the sustainability of our exploration
太空探测器续航方面会非常重要
because it allows us to get there using less propellant.
因为它能减少我们抵达目的地用到的推进剂
That means that’s less mass that you have to get off Earth
这意味着离开地球深入太空
to push yourself deep into space.
需要摆脱的重量更小
Gateway is gonna be the most powerful solar
Gateway会成为有史以来建造的
electric propulsion vehicle ever built.
最强大的太阳能电力推进器
I think that there are strong parallels between our age
纵观人类历史 我认为
of space exploration that we’re starting on now,
当前我们进行的太空探测
and all the other great ages of exploration
与历史上各种伟大的探索相比
throughout human history.
有强烈的相似之处
There’s a strong curiosity, a desire, to know what’s
都有强烈的好奇心 渴望了解
over the next hill beyond the next ocean.
山的那边海的那边 还有什么东西存在
Exploring space is no different.
探索太空没有什么不同
I think that we can learn a lot by looking
我认为通过了解发现西北航道的探索过程
at the exploration to find the Northwest Passage.
我们能够学到很多东西
Franklin Expedition they tried to carry everything with them,
富兰克林探险队尝试带上所有东西
then they failed miserably.
接下来却以惨败收场
But you look at what Roald Amundsen did:
看看罗尔德·阿蒙森的做法:
he went there, and he lived off the land.
他去到南极 并且以岛为家
A lot of what we would now call
他的很多做法现在我们称为
‘In-situ Resource Utilization.’
“就地取材”
He went there and he actually watched and observed the people who lived there,
到达南极后 他留心观察岛上居住的人
and understood how to survive using the resources
懂得如何利用当地现有资源
that he had in that environment.
维持生存
We’re gonna have to do the same thing.
我们要做的事情跟他们一样
We’re not gonna be able to take everything we need,
我们不可能带上所有需要的东西
if we’re gonna stay forever. We’re gonna have to learn,
如果打算永久居住 我们必须学习
to the greatest extent possible, to live off of the land;
尽最大可能学会自给自足
become one with that environment.
与环境融为一体
And once we do that, then we will have succeeded.
而且一旦这样做 接下来我们一定会成功
When I was younger, my dream was to design a rocket
小的时候 我的梦想是设计一架火箭
to put a person on Mars.
把一个人送上火星
That’s what I wanted to do.
这就是我想要做的
And now we’re finally at the point to make that happen.
现在我们终于处在让梦想变成现实的节点
For all we know, life on Mars may be better
据我们所知 火星上的生活
than the existence of humans on Earth.
可能比在地球上更好
I look forward to that day where we have
我期待有一天可以见到
the first human that is not an Earthling.
首位来自地球以外的人
The first human that is born on another heavenly body.
首位出生在另一个天体的人
I feel like we have the technology.
我觉得我们有这样的技术
We have the desire to become an interplanetary species.
也有成为跨星际物种的野心
Deep inside us, the need to explore
在我们内心深处
and the desire to explore is there.
存有探索的需求和欲望
And so then it’s a question of:
那么问题来了:
‘Do we have the will?’
“我们有这种意愿吗?”
‘Are we willing to make the sacrifices,
“我们愿意做出牺牲
and take the risks involved with doing it?’
并承担相应的风险吗?”
‘Will we do it?’
“我们会这样做吗?”
We don’t know what’s gonna happen to this planet in the future.
我们不知道未来地球会发生什么
So we have to be ready, when that time comes,
所以我们必须做好准备 等时机一到
to push out to the next planet.
就前往下一颗星球

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

目前美国正在实施的阿尔忒弥斯计划,旨在将宇航员平安送往月球并返回,并建立常态化驻留机制,为未来的火星载人登陆任务铺就道路。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Roy

审核员

审核员CF

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAdA3HYVxoM

相关推荐