ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

如何在网上讨论性侵行为 – 译学馆
未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

如何在网上讨论性侵行为

How we talk about sexual assault online | Ione Wells

去年四月的一天晚上
It was April, last year.
我和朋友们出去聚会
I was on an evening out with friends
庆祝其中一个朋友的生日
to celebrate one of their birthdays.
我们有好几个礼拜没聚过了
We hadn’t been all together for a couple of weeks;
重聚让那个晚上很完美
it was a perfect evening, as we were all reunited.
接近尾声的时候
At the end of the evening,
我搭上最后一趟地铁 赶回了伦敦的另一头
I caught the last underground train back to the other side of London.
一路上都挺顺利的
The journey was smooth.
到站下车后
I got back to my local station
还需要走十分钟才能到家
and I began the 10-minute walk home.
转过这条街角
As I turned the corner onto my street,
就可以看到我家
my house in sight up ahead,
我听见身后有脚步声
I heard footsteps behind me
不知道从哪突然冒出来的
that seemed to have approached out of nowhere
脚步声越来越急促
and were picking up pace.
还没等我反应过来是怎么回事
Before I had time to process what was happening,
一只手捂住了我的嘴 使我无法呼吸
a hand was clapped around my mouth so that I could not breathe,
身后的年轻人把我拽倒在地
and the young man behind me dragged me to the ground,
不停的将我的头部砸向地面
beat my head repeatedly against the pavement
直到我的脸开始流血
until my face began to bleed,
用脚踢我的背部和颈部
kicking me in the back and neck
他开始对我性侵
while he began to assault me,
撕裂我的衣服并让我闭嘴
ripping off my clothes and telling me to “shut up,”
当时我挣扎着想要呼救
as I struggled to cry for help.
每次当我的头部被撞向地面时
With each smack of my head to the concrete ground,
我都在想一个至今仍然 笼罩着我的问题:
a question echoed through my mind that still haunts me today:
“我将就这样死去吗?”
“Is this going to be how it all ends?”
我毫无察觉 那人竟从我下车之后
Little could I have realized, I’d been followed the whole way
一直跟踪我
from the moment I left the station.
过了几个小时
And hours later,
我赤身裸体的来到警察局
I was standing topless and barelegged in front of the police,
我身上的割伤和淤青被拍照
having the cuts and bruises on my naked body photographed
当做法医证据
for forensic evidence.
几乎没有语言能够 描述出当时我绝望的感受
Now, there are few words to describe the all-consuming feelings
脆弱、羞耻、苦恼和不公正
of vulnerability, shame, upset and injustice that I was ridden with
之后的几周都是如此
in that moment and for the weeks to come.
但我想找到一种方法 能把这些感觉集中转化为
But wanting to find a way to condense these feelings
我能理解并克服的东西
into something ordered that I could work through,
于是 我决定用我最熟悉的方式:
I decided to do what felt most natural to me:
写作
I wrote about it.
开始我把它当成是种宣泄
It started out as a cathartic exercise.
我给施暴者写了封信
I wrote a letter to my assaulter,
在信里我称他为“你”
humanizing him as “you,”
把他看作特殊团体的一部分
to identify him as part of the very community
那个被他暴力虐待的团体
that he had so violently abused that night.
为了强调他的行为所带来的连锁反应
Stressing the tidal-wave effect of his actions,
我写道:
I wrote:
“你考虑过你身边的人吗?
“Did you ever think of the people in your life?
我不清楚那些人到底是谁
I don’t know who the people in your life are.
我对你毫无了解
I don’t know anything about you.
但有一点我知道:
But I do know this:
那天晚上你不仅仅是袭击了我
you did not just attack me that night.
我是一名女儿 是朋友
I’m a daughter, I’m a friend,
是姐姐 学生
I’m a sister, I’m a pupil,
表姐 侄女
I’m a cousin, I’m a niece,
是邻居
I’m a neighbor;
我是在地铁站的咖啡馆里
I’m the employee who served everyone coffee
为每个人端上咖啡的服务生
in the café under the railway.
所有和我有关联的人
And all the people who form these relations to me
形成了我所在的团体
make up my community.
你袭击了这个团体里的每一个人
And you assaulted every single one of them.
你破坏了我誓死捍卫的真理
You violated the truth that I will never cease to fight for,
代表所有人的真理:
and which all of these people represent:
“世界上好人比坏人多得多”
that there are infinitely more good people in the world than bad.”
但是 我决定不让这次意外使我失去
But, determined not to let this one incident make me lose faith
对我的团体或是人类的信念
in the solidarity in my community or humanity as a whole,
我想起2005年7月7号 的伦敦恐袭爆炸案
I recalled the 7/7 terrorist bombings in July 2005 on London transport,
那时的伦敦市长 甚至我的父母
and how the mayor of London at the time, and indeed my own parents,
都坚持我们第二天仍然乘坐地铁
had insisted that we all get back on the tubes the next day,
我们不会被那些恐怖分子所威慑
so we wouldn’t be defined or changed
而做出改变
by those that had made us feel unsafe.
我对施暴者说:
I told my attacker,
“你对我进行了袭击
“You’ve carried out your attack,
但是现在 我会继续我的生活
but now I’m getting back on my tube.
我所在的团体 不会觉得走夜路回家不安全,
My community will not feel we are unsafe walking home after dark.
我们搭乘最后一班地铁回家
We will get on the last tubes home,
独自一人走在街道上
and we will walk up our streets alone,
因为我们不会把一种想法深植脑中
because we will not ingrain or submit to the idea
那就是(做上述)这一切不安全
that we are putting ourselves in danger in doing so.
当团体内的成员受到威胁的时候
We will continue to come together, like an army,
我们将像一支军队一样 团结一致
when any member of our community is threatened.
而且 这场仗你不会赢”
And this is a fight you will not win.”
在写这封信的时候 –
At the time of writing this letter —
[掌声]
(Applause)
谢谢
Thank you.
[掌声]
(Applause)
在写这封信的时候
At the time of writing this letter,
我正在剑桥大学备考
I was studying for my exams in Oxford,
并在当地的学生报社工作
and I was working on the local student paper there.
尽管我很幸运 得到了亲朋好友的支持
Despite being lucky enough to have friends and family supporting me,
但那段时间我都是独处
it was an isolating time.
我不认识有类似的经历的人
I didn’t know anyone who’d been through this before;
至少我觉得我不认识
at least I didn’t think I did.
我看过新闻报道和统计数据 我知道性侵有多么常见
I’d read news reports, statistics, and knew how common sexual assault was,
但我却指不出一个
yet I couldn’t actually name a single person
谈论过类似经历的人
that I’d heard speak out about an experience of this kind before.
于是 出于自发性
So in a somewhat spontaneous decision,
我决定要把我的信发表到学生报纸上
I decided that I would publish my letter in the student paper,
希望在牛津找到有
hoping to reach out to others in Oxford
相似经历和相同感受的人
that might have had a similar experience and be feeling the same way.
信末尾处
At the end of the letter,
我呼吁其他人也写下她们的经历
I asked others to write in with their experiences
并用 “#不羞愧” 当做话题标签
under the hashtag, “#NotGuilty,”
用来强调那些遭受性侵的幸存者能够
to emphasize that survivors of assault could express themselves
不感到羞耻和愧疚地 表达她们的看法
without feeling shame or guilt about what happened to them —
用来证明我们能站起来直面性侵
to show that we could all stand up to sexual assault.
让我意想不到的是 仅仅过了一晚
What I never anticipated is that almost overnight,
这篇发表信就像病毒般扩散
this published letter would go viral.
不久 我就收到数百个故事
Soon, we were receiving hundreds of stories
分别来自世界各地的男士女士
from men and women across the world,
我们开始将这些故事发表在 我建立的网站上
which we began to publish on a website I set up.
而这个话题标签开始成为一项运动
And the hashtag became a campaign.
有一位澳大利亚的40多岁的母亲 向我描述她是如何在一天晚上
There was an Australian mother in her 40s who described how on an evening out,
被人跟踪到了洗手间
she was followed to the bathroom
后来那人不断地想抓住她的胯部
by a man who went to repeatedly grab her crotch.
还有一个来自荷兰的男士
There was a man in the Netherlands
讲述他如何在伦敦 与人约会时被对方强暴
who described how he was date-raped on a visit to London
而当他报警时 没一个人把他的话当真
and wasn’t taken seriously by anyone he reported his case to.
来自印度和南非的人 在Facebook上私信我
I had personal Facebook messages from people in India and South America,
询问如何将这场运动带到(他们)那里?
saying, how can we bring the message of the campaign there?
首批贡献者(分享者)里有一位叫Nikki的女士
One of the first contributions we had was from a woman called Nikki,
她讲述在青少年期 被自己的生父骚扰
who described growing up, being molested my her own father.
我的一些朋友也向我敞开心扉
And I had friends open up to me
诉说她们的故事 从发生在几周前
about experiences ranging from those that happened last week
到几年前的事情 而我(之前)却对此一无所知
to those that happened years ago, that I’d had no idea about.
随着收到越来越多这样的故事
And the more we started to receive these messages,
我们也收到愈来愈多的希望——
the more we also started to receive messages of hope —
人们因为集体抵抗性侵和保护受害者的声音
people feeling empowered by this community of voices
而感觉到有能力
standing up to sexual assault and victim-blaming.
一位名叫Olivia的女士
One woman called Olivia,
她讲述了自己是如何
after describing how she was attacked
被自己信赖并关心多年的人侵犯
by someone she had trusted and cared about for a long time,
她说:“我在这里看到很多人的故事
said, “I’ve read many of the stories posted here,
如果有这么多人都能向前看
and I feel hopeful that if so many women can move forward,
那我也能
then I can, too.
许多人的故事都激励着我
I’ve been inspired by many,
我希望有一天能我也和她们一样强大
and I hope I can be as strong as them someday.
我坚信我会的”
I’m sure I will.”
世界各地的人开始发推特 参与这个话题标签
People around the world began tweeting under this hashtag,
我那封信也得以发表 全国的新闻界也有所报道
and the letter was republished and covered by the national press,
它被翻译成多种语言
as well as being translated into several other languages worldwide.
但这封信吸引的媒体关注
But something struck me about the media attention
使我感到惊讶
that this letter was attracting.
对于刊登在首页的新闻来说
For something to be front-page news,
是“新”闻
given the word “news” itself,
可以认为这是新的或令人惊讶的事情
we can assume it must be something new or something surprising.
而性侵并不是什么新鲜事
And yet sexual assault is not something new.
性侵 同其他的不公平事件一样
Sexual assault, along with other kinds of injustices,
是媒体报道的热点
is reported in the media all the time.
但在这次运动中
But through the campaign,
这些不公正事件 并不仅仅是被宣扬的新鲜事
these injustices were framed as not just news stories,
这些是对人们有切实影响的真实经历
they were firsthand experiences that had affected real people,
那些人同其他人一起 创造出
who were creating, with the solidarity of others,
他们以前需要却缺乏的东西:
what they needed and had previously lacked:
一个表达心声的平台
a platform to speak out,
能够消除不安 或是责怪这种行为
the reassurance they weren’t alone or to blame for what happened to them
以及能够帮助减轻耻辱的公开探讨
and open discussions that would help to reduce stigma around the issue.
这些故事的讲述者都是直接受害者
The voices of those directly affected were at the forefront of the story —
不是社交媒体上的记者或评论员们
not the voices of journalists or commentators on social media.
这也是为何这些故事确实是新闻
And that’s why the story was news.
我们生活在一个相互关联的世界
We live in an incredibly interconnected world
有社交媒体作为传播工具
with the proliferation of social media,
而它也为点燃社会变革 提供了宝贵资源
which is of course a fantastic resource for igniting social change.
但这也使人们变得多愁善感
But it’s also made us increasingly reactive,
从细小的烦心事 “哎 火车又晚点了”
from the smallest annoyances of, “Oh, my train’s been delayed,”
严重到战争、种族屠杀、恐怖袭击所带来的不公
to the greatest injustices of war, genocides, terrorist attacks.
人们默认的表达悲愤的方式是通过
Our default response has become to leap to react to any kind of grievance
在推特、脸书上发文
by tweeting, Facebooking, hastagging —
任何能够让他人知道我们 作出反应的方式
anything to show others that we, too, have reacted.
大众都采用这种方式做出回应 这是存在问题的
The problem with reacting in this manner en masse
即人们并不是真正的在作为
is it can sometimes mean that we don’t actually react at all,
没有做任何实质性的行动
not in the sense of actually doing anything, anyway.
这样做可能会使人们自我感觉良好
It might make ourselves feel better,
就好像我们集体默哀或愤慨一样
like we’ve contributed to a group mourning or outrage,
但这改变不了任何事情(起不来任何作用)
but it doesn’t actually change anything.
甚至
And what’s more,
这种反应会淹没那些
it can sometimes drown out the voices
遭遇不公的直接受害者的声音
of those directly affected by the injustice,
而这些人 才是真正需要被倾听的对象
whose needs must be heard.
还有令人担忧的是 有些应对不公的行为
Worrying, too, is the tendency for some reactions to injustice
可能会制造更多隔阂
to build even more walls,
人们迅速问责 希望这样就能为这些复杂的问题
being quick to point fingers with the hope of providing easy solutions
提供简单的解决方案
to complex problems.
一家刊登我的信的英国小报
One British tabloid, on the publication of my letter,
是这样标题的:
branded a headline stating,
“牛津学生在网上发起羞辱施暴者运动”
“Oxford Student Launches Online Campaign to Shame Attacker.”
但这场运动从未打算羞辱任何人
But the campaign never meant to shame anyone.
它的初衷是让人们说出故事 并让其他人倾听
It meant to let people speak and to make others listen.
分裂性言论很快在推特上扩散 创造出更多不公正
Divisive Twitter trolls were quick to create even more injustice,
评论我的施暴者的民族或社会阶级
commenting on my attacker’s ethnicity or class
从而宣扬他们自身的偏见主义
to push their own prejudiced agendas.
有人甚至指责我捏造了这整个事件
And some even accused me of feigning the whole thing
引用他的话
to push, and I quote,
“为了实现女权主义对男性的仇恨之心”
my “feminist agenda of man-hating.”
[笑声]
(Laughter)
很无稽 对吧
I know, right?
就好像说“抱歉 伙计们 我去不了了
As if I’m going to be like, “Hey guys! Sorry I can’t make it,
因为当我30岁的时候
I’m busy trying to hate the entire male population
我正忙着仇视所有男人呢‘’
by the time I’m 30.”
[笑声]
(Laughter)
我几乎可以肯定
Now, I’m almost sure
这些人如果当着我的面 肯定不会这样说
that these people wouldn’t say the things they say in person.
但这似乎是因为他们躲在电脑屏幕后面
But it’s as if because they might be behind a screen,
舒适的待在自己家里
in the comfort in their own home
在社交媒体上
when on social media,
他们会忘记自己的行为其实是公众行为
people forget that what they’re doing is a public act —
会有其他人阅读他们的言论 并因此受到影响
that other people will be reading it and be affected by it.
回到我说的那个地铁事件
Returning to my analogy of getting back on our trains,
关于网络上那些对不公的反应
another main concern I have about this noise that escalates
还有一个很大的担忧
from our online responses to injustice
这样做的结果容易使受害方
is that it can very easily slip into portraying us as the affected party,
产生一种失败感
which can lead to a sense of defeatism,
一道屏障 导致受害者在遇害后
a kind of mental barrier to seeing any opportunity for positivity or change
无法正视积极的变化
after a negative situation.
这次运动开始前的几个月
A couple of months before the campaign started
在我遭遇这些事情之前
or any of this happened to me,
我参加了在牛津举办的TEDx活动
I went to a TEDx event in Oxford,
观看了赛尔达·拉·格兰吉的演讲
and I saw Zelda la Grange speak,
他是纳尔逊·曼德拉的前任私人秘书
the former private secretary to Nelson Mandela.
有个故事对我产生了很大影响
One of the stories she told really struck me.
在曼德拉委任对体育事务 进行调查之后
She spoke of when Mandela was taken to court
南非橄榄球联盟
by the South African Rugby Union
将其告上法庭
after he commissioned an inquiry into sports affairs.
在法庭上
In the courtroom,
曼德拉走向南非橄榄球联盟的律师
he went up to the South African Rugby Union’s lawyers,
同他们握手
shook them by the hand
并用他们的语言进行交谈
and conversed with them, each in their own language.
当时塞尔达想抗议
And Zelda wanted to protest,
她认为那些人对曼德拉造成的不公正
saying they had no right to his respect
不值得受到曼德拉的尊敬
after this injustice they had caused him.
曼德拉则告诉她说:
He turned to her and said,
“永远不要让敌人来决定战场”
“You must never allow the enemy to determine the grounds for battle.”
当我听到这些话时
At the time of hearing these words,
我并没有真正知道到它的重要性
I didn’t really know why they were so important,
但我感觉到了 所以把它们记到了本子上
but I felt they were, and I wrote them down in a notebook I had on me.
后来 这句话我思考了很久
But I’ve thought about this line a lot ever since.
复仇 或者是向那些对你施加不公的人
Revenge, or the expression of hatred
表达恨意
towards those who have done us injustice
或许是人类面对不公正行为 所产生的正常反应
may feel like a human instinct in the face of wrong,
但我们需要打破这些常规
but we need to break out of these cycles
如果我们希望将不公带来的负面影响
if we are to hope to transform negative events of injustice
转变为正面的社会变革的话
into positive social change.
如果我们继续
To do otherwise
让敌人来决定战斗
continues to let the enemy determine the grounds for battle,
制造出一种二进制的状态
creates a binary,
那些受害者变成影响者
where we who have suffered become the affected,
与施暴者针锋相对
pitted against them, the perpetrators.
正如我们选择继续回到地铁上一样
And just like we got back on our tubes,
我们不允许人类相互关联的平台和社区
we can’t let our platforms for interconnectivity and community
成为决斗的战场
be the places that we settle for defeat.
但我并不想打击社交媒体的反应
But I don’t want to discourage a social media response,
因为“不羞愧”这次运动几乎全部
because I owe the development of the #NotGuilty campaign
得益于社交网络
almost entirely to social media.
但我想鼓励用更加深思熟虑的方法
But I do want to encourage a more considered approach
来应对社会不公正
to the way we use it to respond to injustice.
我想 首先 我们应该自问两个问题
The start, I think, is to ask ourselves two things.
第一:“我为什么感受到不公正?”
Firstly: Why do I feel this injustice?
在我自己身上 这个问题的答案有好几个
In my case, there were several answers to this.
有人伤害了我 而有些我爱的人
Someone had hurt me and those who I loved,
认为肇事者对此没有责任
under the assumption they wouldn’t have to be held to account
或不知道对我造成的伤害
or recognize the damage they had caused.
不仅如此 成千上万的男女都遭受着性侵
Not only that, but thousands of men and women suffer every day
他们大多保持沉默
from sexual abuse, often in silence,
而问题是对此事的关注度 比其他事件少
yet it’s still a problem we don’t give the same airtime to as other issues.
至今仍有许多人指责受害者
It’s still an issue many people blame victims for.
其次 问你自己: “当你认识到这些原因了
Next, ask yourself: How, in recognizing these reasons,
怎样才能改变它们呢?”
could I go about reversing them?
对于我们来说 是让施暴者承担起责任
With us, this was holding my attacker to account — and many others.
让他们知道他们对我们造成的伤害
It was calling them out on the effect they had caused.
是让媒体增加对性侵事件的关注度
It was giving airtime to the issue of sexual assault,
是增进和亲朋好友的交流
opening up discussions amongst friends, amongst families, in the media
是重建封闭太久的媒体通道
that had been closed for too long,
是强调受害者不应为其所
and stressing that victims shouldn’t feel to blame
遭受的伤害而受到责备
for what happened to them.
完全解决这些问题或许还需要很长一段路
We might still have a long way to go in solving this problem entirely.
但是 通过这种方式
But in this way,
我们便能够开始把社交媒体 当成有效的工具
we can begin to use social media as an active tool for social justice,
来应对社会不公正 教育大众 鼓励对话
as a tool to educate, to stimulate dialogues,
让当权人士意识到这些问题
to make those in positions of authority aware of an issue
让他们倾听这些直接受害者的声音
by listening to those directly affected by it.
因为有时这些问题并没有简单的回答
Because sometimes these questions don’t have easy answers.
实际上 几乎是没有
In fact, they rarely do.
但这并不意味着 我们无法做出考究的回应
But this doesn’t mean we still can’t give them a considered response.
当你不知道该怎样做
In situations where you can’t go about thinking
才能转变这种遭遇不公的境地时
how you’d reverse this feeling of injustice,
与其纠结该做何事
you can still think, maybe not what you can do,
不如想想不做哪些事情
but what you can not do.
你不能以偏见来对抗不公平
You can not build further walls by fighting injustice with more prejudice,
更多的仇恨
more hatred.
你可以不对那些直接受害者闲言碎语
You can not speak over those directly affected by an injustice.
你可以不对不公平做回应 第二天忘掉这件事
And you can not react to injustice, only to forget about it the next day,
因为推特已经把这件事忘掉
just because the rest of Twitter has moved on.
讽刺的是 有时不立刻作出反应
Sometimes not reacting instantly is, ironically,
反而是我们能够做到的最快的行动
the best immediate course of action we can take.
因为这些不公可能会让你愤怒、苦恼
Because we might be angry, upset and energized by injustice,
但想想我们该怎么回应
but let’s consider our responses.
让肇事者负起责任 但同时不让我们的社会
Let us hold people to account, without descending into a culture
堕落于羞耻施暴者 引起更多不公
that thrives off shaming and injustice ourselves.
让我们谨记常被互联网用户遗忘的一点
Let us remember that distinction,
那就是批判和羞辱
so often forgotten by internet users,
之间的区别
between criticism and insult.
让我们别忘了三思而言
Let us not forget to think before we speak,
尽管我们有面前的屏幕保护着自己
just because we might have a screen in front of us.
当我们在社交网络上发声时
And when we create noise on social media,
不要淹没受害者的需求
let it not drown out the needs of those affected,
而要扩散他们的声音
but instead let it amplify their voices,
从而让互联网成为一个就算说出自己的遭遇
so the internet becomes a place where you’re not the exception
也不会当成另类看待的地方
if you speak out about something that has actually happened to you.
所有这些对抗不公的方法
All these considered approaches to injustice
唤起了互联网建立时的初衷
evoke the very keystones on which the internet was built:
那就是网络 标榜和连接
to network, to have signal, to connect —
这寓意着使人们团结起来
all these terms that imply bringing people together,
而不是疏远彼此
not pushing people apart.
因为当你在字典里查“公正”一词时
Because if you look up the word “justice” in the dictionary,
在惩罚
before punishment,
法规或司法权威之前
before administration of law or judicial authority,
你会看到:
you get:
“维护正义”
“The maintenance of what is right.”
我认为世界上几乎没有什么
And I think there are few things more “right” in this world
比带领人们团结一致
than bringing people together,
更能体现正义
than unions.
如果我们让社交媒体传播这一点
And if we allow social media to deliver that,
那它便能带来强大的公正体系
then it can deliver a very powerful form of justice, indeed.
谢谢!
Thank you very much.
[掌声]
(Applause)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

作家兼活动家Ione·Wells说,在社交媒体上应对社会不公时,需要三思而后行。她在伦敦遭遇性侵后,在当地的学生报刊上向其施暴者发表了一封信,引起了广大的网络反响,并发起了“不羞愧”运动来抵抗性暴力和责怪受害者行为。在这场生动的演讲中,她向我们描述了她是如何通过分享自己的经历给与他人希望,并向我们传达了抵制网络羞耻文化这一信息。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Belinda

审核员

与光同尘

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZviHInGBJQ

相关推荐