未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

完美简历的写作教程|商务英语课程第1课

How to write a perfect CV / résumé in English | Business English Course Lesson 1

Hello and welcome to the official
大家好 欢迎来到
English With Lucy, Business English course.
《跟着Lucy学英语》 官方商务英语课程
Firstly let me introduce myself.
首先介绍下我自己
My name is Lucy Bella Earl and I am a native, qualified English teacher.
我叫Lucy Bella Earl 是合格的本土英语老师
I’m also a graduate of Westminster Business School
我毕业于威斯敏斯特商学院
where I achieved a first-class degree in Marketing Communications.
并拿到营销传播学的一等学位
In January 2016,
我在2016年的一月
I started the English With Lucy YouTube channel.
开通了《跟着Lucy学英语》YouTube频道
Where I’ve helped tens of millions of students improve their English skills.
由此帮很多学生提高了英语能力
Whether you like it or not,
不管你是否喜欢
English is the global language of business.
英语都是国际性的商务语言
And many multinational companies use English as the common corporate language.
很多跨国公司的通用语言是英语
This means that if you want to work in a top company
这意味着 如果你想在顶尖的公司工作
it’s likely that you will need to be able to speak an appropriate level of English
多半要你会讲一定程度的英语
In this 10-part course
在这10节课中
I’m not only going to teach you business English
我不仅会教你商务英语
I’m also going to teach you how you can use it
还会教你如何用英语
To get a job, keep a job and progress in your career
获得工作 保住工作 并在工作中取得进步
I will be speaking clear English,
我说清晰的英语
but please remember to switch on the subtitles if you’re struggling to follow.
但如果你跟不上的话 记得打开字幕
You can also reduce the speed of the video
或者将视频的播放速度调慢
to slow me down.
来降低我的语速
Additionally I have placed a glossary of key vocabulary
另外 我在描述框里汇集了
used in each video in the description box
每个视频里用到的的重要词汇
Right, let’s get started with the first lesson in the course.
好了 让我们开始上这个系列的第一课
In this lesson
在这节课里
I’m going to be talking to you about how you can write a perfect CV.
我会告诉你 怎样写一份完美的简历
Also called a resume in American English.
在美语中 简历也被叫作resume
《跟着Lucy学英语》 商务英语教程
Writing a CV in your own language
用你的母语写简历
can seem like a big task.
似乎都是一个大难题
But writing one in English can seem impossible.
那么用英语来写似乎是更不可能的事
With my help you will leave today’s class
在我的帮助下 今天这节课结束后
with the skills you need to write a CV that will stand out
你将掌握写一份出色简历的技能
and get you the employment that you deserve
并找到配得上你的工作
Number one,
第一
let’s start by asking ourselves
先问问自己
what does a recruiter want from a CV?
招聘人员想在简历中看到什么
A CV does not get you a job,
一份简历并不能帮你得到一份工作
what a CV actually gets you is a job interview.
实际上它只是帮你得到一个工作面试
And it’s so important that you remember this when you write one.
这一点很重要 在你写简历时要牢记
Applicants often feel pressure to fit
求职者常常因为要在简历里放入
absolutely everything they have ever done or achieved into their CV,
过往的所有经历和成就而倍感压力
when it’s often considered better to prioritize and highlight just a few things.
通常认为更好的做法是 排序 突出几个重点
It’s claimed that employers look at a CV for around seven seconds.
据说雇主们看一份简历的时间大概7秒
So when you’re writing one you should keep this in mind.
因此你在写简历时 要牢记这点
Some of the first things that will jump out at them are any mistakes.
简历上最先被注意到的 是各种失误
I’ve taken in many CVs in my career so far
从我工作到现在 看到过很多简历
and as soon as I see a spelling mistake
当我看到一处拼写错误时
my mind was made up.
我心里就有了答案
There is absolutely no excuse for a mistake on a CV
在简历中犯任何一个错误都是不可原谅的
you need to check it over until you know it word for word off by heart.
你要反复检查直到每一个词都牢记在心
If you struggle with the language or spelling in general
如果你在文字或拼写上感到困难
then you absolutely must get it proofread and checked over by somebody else.
那你必须要找人帮你全面地校对和检查
If you don’t know anyone who can do this for you
如果你不知道谁能帮你
find a proofreader online and pay them for their time,
在网上找一个校对员然后付钱给他
It’s an investment into your future.
这是为你的前途做投资
The next thing that recruiters look for are skills and experience.
接下来 招聘人员要找的是工作技能和经验
The relevant skills and experience with the key word here being relevant
这些有关技能和经验的关键词
need to stand out.
需要特别突出
It’s likely that they will be scanning or skim-reading your CV
他们很可能快速浏览或跳读你的简历
rather than reading everything on it.
而不会仔细地看完
Later on in the class we will talk about tailoring your CV
稍后我们会谈到调整你的简历
to make it relevant.
使其与这份工作相关
Finally recruiters will try to find out
招聘人员会在简历中试图发现
a bit more about your personality and your character.
一些关于你的个性和性格特点
You can’t show so much
你不能过多地展现这些内容
but you need to show enough to get you through to the interview stage
但你得展示得足够多才能进入面试阶段
where they’ll try and find out a lot more
那时他们会进一步了解你
We will also talk about showing a bit of character later on in the lesson.
我们还会在稍后谈到展示一些性格特征
Now we should ask ourselves,
现在我们要问自己
which type of CV we should write.
应该写哪一种简历
There are two main types of CV,
主要有两种类型的简历
the chronological CV and the skills based CV.
时序型简历和技能型简历
There are some other types and we will discuss those in this segment also.
这一节课 我们还会讲讲其他几种类型的简历
It’s important for you to choose the right type of CV
重要的是 根据你申请的职位和本人状况
for the job that you’re applying for and for your own circumstances.
选择适合你的简历类型
Let’s talk about the chronological CV.
来说一说时序型简历
As the name suggests
正如其名
this type lists your experience and achievements chronologically
这个类型是按照时间顺序 从最近的时间开始
starting with the most recent.
列出你的经历和成就
Take a look at this example of what you might find on a chronological CV.
看一下这个时序型简历 从中你能发现什么
You can use this CV type if you really want to show
你可以用这种简历 当你很想展现出
how well or how quickly you have progressed in your career or studies.
你在职业或学习生涯中取得的进步有多棒或多快
It’s also a good way to show off that you’ve had continuous employment
这也是一个好方法来表明 你一直都在工作
with no gaps
没有间断过
which we will discuss in a later segment
我们稍后会讨论这点
Now let’s talk about the skills-based CV,
现在 我们来谈一下技能型简历
which is also known as a functional CV.
它也被称为功能型简历
This type shows off your skills and personal qualities
它展示的是你的技能和个人品质
as opposed to the history of your employment and education.
而不是你工作和教育的经历
Underneath the headline of each skill
在每个技能的标题下面
you can write the roles in which you achieve them and develop them
你可以写下你学习和进修技能的时候所在任的职务
Take a look at this example.
看一下这个例子
This is what a skills-based CV might look like.
这是一份技能型简历的样式
You can use this type to mask gaps in your employment
你可以用这种简历来掩盖工作经历的间断期
or if you’ve had lots of short-term roles like internships and volunteer work.
或者你有短期的实习或志愿者经历来填补
The best part about this type of CV
这种类型的简历优势在于
is that you have much more opportunity to make it relevant to the job that you’re applying for.
你有更多机会 来使简历和你申请的工作紧密相关
Another option is to use a combination or hybrid of both CVs
另一种选择是把两类简历结合或杂糅在一起
where you stick to the conventional chronological order
你的简历仍然遵循常规的时间排序
but you emphasise the skills developed within each role.
但同时强调那时的职位和发展的技能
Another sort of CV which is becoming more popular
还有一种简历正在流行起来
is the creative CV.
就是创新型简历
This CV is all about presentation
这种简历全都是演示文稿
and can help you show off your design skills and stand out from the crowd.
它有助于突显你的设计才能 让你从人群中脱颖而出
Using infographics is a great way to display a lot of information
使用图表把信息展示得简单有趣
in a simple and engaging way.
是一种很棒的办法
You could also consider a video CV,
你还可以考虑一下视频简历
which can be a good idea for customer facing roles
它很适合应聘直接面对客户的职位
or an add-on to a traditional CV.
或者作为传统简历的一种补充
Academic CVs for those applying for research posts in academia.
学术型简历适合用来申请学术研究类的职位
They are usually much longer than other CVs
这种简历一般比其他简历要长很多
and recruiters are more likely to spend longer reading them.
招聘人员可能会花更多时间来阅读它们
These should emphasize your education, research, publications and experience.
这种简历应强调你的教育 研究 著作和经验
Finally we have the technical CV
最后 我们来讲讲专术型简历
which is much more directed towards IT roles.
它更针对于IT职位
Alongside all of the traditional information found on a CV
除了简历上通常要具备的信息之外
you’ll need to highlight your technical skills
你需要突出你的专业技能
such as programming languages, systems and platforms.
比如程序语言 系统和平台
So which CV is right for you?
那么 哪种简历更适合你呢?
Comment down below with which one you would choose and give reasons.
请在下面写出你会选择哪一类简历并给出理由
Now let’s discuss tailoring the CV.
现在让我们来讨论 修订简历
The biggest piece of advice that I can give you
我能给的最好建议是
is tailor your CV to each job application.
对于每一份工作申请 都要相应的修改简历
Work on creating a CV template
创建一个简历模版
and then create a separate CV files for each individual company.
然后为不同的公司制作单独的简历文档
If 100 people apply for a role, which is not unrealistic
如果有100个人应聘一个岗位 仅有十个人能被选进面试
and only 10 people get chosen for an interview,
这也不是没有可能的
is a one-size-fits-all CV
一个通用的简历
really going to be in the top 10% of all of the applicants?
真的能进入应聘者里的前十分之一?
You want the recruiter to see your CV and think wow,
你想要招聘者看到你的简历之后 哇
this person could be a perfect fit for our company.
这个人非常适合我们公司
By tailoring your CV you’re showing that you’re proactive and motivated.
通过修改简历 显示出你积极主动 热爱工作
It takes time and effort.
这需要花费时间和精力
It also shows that you’re not just applying to 50 roles
但这也表明你并不只是海投了50个职位
in the hope of getting one back.
就期待等到一个回信
Now let’s address gaps in your CV.
现在让我们来处理 简历中的工作断档
Recruiters don’t want to see long periods of unemployment
招聘者不想看到很长的失业期
but sometimes circumstances can’t be helped.
但有时 这些情况是不可避免的
Gaps are a red flag.
工作间断是一面红旗
They can suggest that you were fired or that you quit
它们会暗示你曾被炒鱿鱼或辞职离开
and employers want you to work hard and stick around for a long time.
而你的老板想要你努力工作且长期稳定
You really need to minimise their impacts.
所以你要将这些影响最小化
Here are some things that you can do.
你可以做以下几件事
Use your summary statement at the top of the CV
在简历开头的概述中
to briefly and positively explain why you decided to change roles.
简要并自信地说明你为什么决定换工作
For example after spending five years in the finance industry
比如 我在一家金融公司工作了五年后
in 2017, I decided to change career paths.
到2017年 我决定改变职业发展道路
Another thing you can do is use a skills-based CV
你还可以使用技能性简历
as we discussed before.
就是我们前面提过的
If you’ve got loads of gaps and you can’t explain them all,
如果你有很多间断期 不能全都给出解释
you really should consider ditching the chronological employment timeline.
那你真的该考虑舍弃排列职业时间线
Lastly you just need to prepare to talk about it during an interview.
最后 你需要做好准备 在面试中谈到它
Even if you don’t list the gaps on your CV
即使你没有在简历里写上间断期
you might be asked about inconsistencies in your work history
你也可能被问到 工作履历中的不一致
and they need valid explanations.
它们需要令人信服的解释说明
We’ll talk about this in the lesson on interview questions.
我们将会在关于面试问题的课上讲这个
If you’re in a CV gap at the moment,
如果你正处在简历中的断档期
start doing something immediately.
那就立刻开始做点什么吧
Get some relevant freelance work, start a blog, take a course.
可以做自由职业 创办博客 学习一门课程
You can refer to this if gaps come up in interviews.
当面试被问到失业期 你可以提到这些理由
Now lots of people ask if they should ever be creative with the truth
现在有很多人问他们是否应该去编造事实
and I think that you should absolutely not.
我认为你绝对不要这么做
You need to sell yourself but you don’t want to lie.
你需要推销自己但不必撒谎
Bear in mind that they will probably call your references
记住 他们可能会打电话给你的推荐人
and if they find out that you’ve been exaggerating or lying
一旦他们发现你有夸大事实 或者撒谎的成分
you’ll be at the bottom of the pile.
你就被放到最后了
Another thing you want to do is keep it short.
另一件你需要做到的是 保持简短
As a rule two sides of A4 maximum,
按惯例 最多两页A4纸的篇幅
but if it’s feasible
如果可以的话
I’d recommend keeping it to one side of A4.
我建议 尽量只用一页A4纸
Technical and academic applicants may need more.
不过技术型和学术型申请可能需要更长的篇幅
If it’s longer than two sides they just aren’t going to read it all
如果是多于两页的简历 招聘员不会全都看完
and they might miss out on important information,
可能重要的信息会被他们忽略
they could even get a bad vibe from you.
他们甚至会对你产生不好的情绪
You could also consider including URLs to portfolios,
你也可以考虑在你的简历内添加网址
especially for applicants in the creative industry.
尤其是那些创意行业的求职者
You can use a link shortener to create a memorable link
你可以使用链接缩短工具 建一个好记的链接
that is easily copied or typed into a web browser.
它容易被复制或输入到网络浏览器
Don’t depend on it as they might not look at it
但是不要依赖它 因为他们可能没看到这个
and make sure the link works on all platforms.
而且要确保这个链接所有平台都能打开
You also need to make your CV look smart.
你要确保你的简历看起来整洁美观
Always submit it as a PDF file.
每次都要提交PDF文档的简历
It will work with all operate systems
因为它在任何系统下都能运作
and the format will stay consistent.
格式也不会错乱
You could consider making your CV fancy and adding a layer of design.
你也可以考虑把简历做得精致点 加入一点设计感
My last tip is to make sure that you use the right language.
我最后的提示是 确保你用的语言是准确的
In another lesson I’m going to show you the weak words you should avoid using
在下一节课 我将给你们看 应该避免使用的无力词语
and the strong words you should use instead.
和替换成强有力的词语
Right that’s it for today’s lesson
好了 今天的课就是这样
I hope you enjoyed it and I hope you learnt something.
希望你们喜欢并有所收获
Don’t forget to connect with me on all of my social media.
不要忘记可以通过我的社交账号上联系我
I’ve got my Facebook, my Instagram and my Twitter.
我开通了Facebook Instagram和Twitter
And I’ll see you soon for another lesson.
我们很快又要在下节课见了

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

求职者该怎样为自己制作一份完美的简历,来赢得更多的面试机会

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

金色的流沙

审核员

审核员PH

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX8PfCBXeII

相关推荐