未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

含有天气的英语习语

How to Use English Idioms | Weather Idioms ☀️🌧⚡️🌤

大家好 我是mmm英语的Emma
Hello! I’m Emma from mmmEnglish!
在本期视频中 我将会分享一些
In this video, I’m going to be sharing some of my
我最喜欢的英语天气习语 现在
favourite English weather idioms. Now,
不要忘记打开这里的字幕
don’t forget to turn on the subtitles right here,
如果你已经打开了那我们就开始吧!
once you’ve done that we’re ready to get started!
那么什么是习语呢?
So what’s an idiom?
习语就是一些非常独特的英语表达方式
Idioms are English expressions that are quite unique
因为这些表达方式的意思是
because the meaning of the expression is
是不同于每个单词个体的
different to the individual meaning of
意思的 如今
each word. Now,
很多不同的语言中都存在习语
idioms exist in lots of different languages
但是它们让人难以理解
but the reason
并学会使用的原因
that they can be so difficult to understand and also
是因为
to learn to use is because of the
你需要知道那些单词很多不同的意思
different meaning that you need to understand.
而且由于很多时候
It’s also because most of the
在书或网络里学习习语时
time when you’re trying to learn these idioms
你正在看书或者是你正在
you’re looking in a book or you’re looking
网上查找那些有着
on a website that has a
成百上千的习语的列表
list of hundreds and hundreds of idioms
最终只感到失落和迷惑
and you just end up getting frustrated
其实那些习语中有些我甚至从来
and confused. Some of them I haven’t even
没有听到过!学习英语习语的秘诀就是
heard of before! The secret to learning
集中注意力在那些有着相关性的
English idioms is to focus on idioms
或是那经常
that are relevant and that are often
出现在日常对话的习语
used in everyday conversation.
与其他事一样 习语也会正流行或已过时
Like everything, idioms come in and out of fashion.
有时候它们会很受欢迎 有时候
Sometimes they’re popular. Sometimes
不是 它们又真的很土气
they’re not, they’re really daggy.
然后就不会再有人用习语了 它取决于你
and no-one uses them anymore. It depends on who
是谁 你身处何地 你的年龄以及那个
you are, where you are, your age and the
和你一起出去玩的人是谁
people that you hang out with.
习语是非常独特的但是
Idioms are quite unique like that but there are a
却有一些非常普遍的
group of really common idioms that are
运用于母语国家的习语
used across native speaking countries
为了让习语对你来说更简单
And to make it easier for you,
我选择了一些我专门用来
I’ve chosen all of the idioms that I teach in
在这些课程中授课的习语 因为它们
these lessons specifically because they are
目前正被使用 而且是每天都在用
currently in use. They are used every day.
我总是听到那些习语!因此你可以
I hear them all the time! So you can
自信的认为它们值得
feel confident that they’re worth
学习 值得花时间在学习
learning and it’s worth spending your
这些习语上
time on these idioms. So, don’t get your
don’t get knickers in a twist
knickers in a twist!
不要感到沮丧!此时此刻 本节课上
Don’t get upset! I’m going to teach you a
一些很常见的英语习语
few really common English idioms right here,
那就让我们开始吧!
right now in this lesson. Let’s get going!
当我提到“天气”这个词的时候
When I say the word’weather’, what
在你的脑海里出现了什么想法呢?
kinds of ideas come into your head?
我想到 阳光 雨 云 暴风雨 闪电
I think of sunshine, rain, clouds, storms, lightning,
雷鸣 大风 各种各样的词!
thunder, wind, all sorts of words!
而且所有我今天将要
And all of the idioms
教给你的所有习语在一定程度上都使用到
that I’m going to teach you today use weather
有关天气的词汇 那么 第一个!
words in some way. OK the first one!
Under the weather意为身体不舒服 心情不好
‘Under the weather’ To feel’under the weather’.
那么如果你的感觉就是这样的
Now if you feel under the weather,
就是你感觉一点也不舒服
you’re not feeling very well at all,
你可能是生病了 类似于你可能
you might be sick, like you might
感冒了 或者类似这种
have a cold or something like that.
你感觉自己不像平常一样那么健康
You feel not as healthy as you usually do.
比如 “我本来说是今晚要和我的朋友
For example,”I said that I’d meet my
一去吃晚餐的 但是现在
friends for dinner tonight but I
我感觉有点不舒服 所以我觉得
‘m feeling a bit under the weather so I
我可能不会去了”又如 “你今天看起来
don’t think I’ll go” Or,”You look a bit
有点不舒服 你感觉还好吗?”
under the weather today. Are you feeling OK?”
第二个“When it rains,it pours”
The second one.’When it rains, it pours’.
那么这个习语就是被用在
So this idiom is used when
当某件事出了问题而且与此同时
something goes wrong and a whole bunch
很多事情也出了问题
of things go wrong at the same time.
这时就可以使用到这句习语了!所以
THAT is the time to use this idiom! So,
想像一下这种情况 你工作真的
think about this situation. You’re really busy
很忙 你有三个项目
at work. You’ve got three projects that
都要在今天结束前完成 而你的
are due by the end of the day and your
同事也刚刚打电话来请病假
colleague has just called in sick
说他们今天不来上班
to say they’re not coming to work today.
所以他们也不能来帮你完成报告
So they’re not going to help you complete the reports.
并且你房子
And the power has
里面的电源刚刚断了
just gone off in your building which
没法使用
means you don’t, you’re not able to use
你的电脑 所以你决定
your computer. So you decide to take your
带上笔记本电脑去当地图书馆并且
laptop and go to the local library and
在那里工作 所以你下楼了 然后当
work there. So you go downstairs and you
来到你车这儿 突然
go back to your car and you suddenly
意识到你把车钥匙锁在了
realize that you’ve locked your keys
车里面!
inside the car!
“祸不单行”
‘When it rains, it pours’
这就是这句话的完美例子
This is the perfect example of’When it rains,
很多事情同时
it pours’. Lots of things went wrong
出现了问题 那么它就会让你感受到
at the same time, so the problem felt
它比应有的难度高的多
even bigger than it really was.
第三个!
Number three!
“Every cloud has a silver lining”
‘Every cloud has a silver lining’
其实就是你的朋友正在面临一些困难
OK so your friend is having some problems,
也许是他们失去了工作或者是
maybe they lost their job or
她们的男朋友和她们分手了 或者是
their boyfriend broke up with them, or
他们的女朋友 那你就可以用这句习语
their girlfriend. You can use this idiom to
来安慰他们 来让他们感觉好一点
help comfort them, to help make them feel better.
它的意思是
It means that it’s possible to
不管在这时你觉得有多困难
find a positive in a negative situation,
或是多困难又痛苦
– no matter how difficult or how painful
事情总有好的一面 想象一下 如果一个
it might feel at the time. Imagine if a
朋友失去了工作 你就可以用这句习语
friend lost their job. You could comfort
来安慰一样他 这时你可以说
them with this idiom. You could say”I’m
“听到你失业了我真的也觉的很难过 但
really sorry that you lost your job but
你也知道啊 塞翁失马 焉知非福
you know, every cloud has a silver lining.
这也是你努力工作
Perhaps this will give you the opportunity to work
的一个机会”
on your own business for a while.”
下个“To get wind of something”
‘To get wind of something’.
这句话是听说 得知某事
‘To get wind of something’ means to hear
或是了解 学习到某事
about something or to learn about something,
大多时候是用于当你听到了
mostly when what you hear is
一些本应是秘密的时候
actually supposed to be a secret.
例如 你的同事可能说
For example, your colleague might say,
“你听说CEO辞职的传闻了吗
“Did you hear the rumours about our CEO
就是说他停止了他的工作
resigning?!” It means he quit his job and
你可能会说“对!我昨天就听说了
you might say,”Yeah! I did get wind of
那件事!你觉得那些谣言是真的吗?”
that yesterday! Do you think the rumours are true?”
“Come rain or shine”
‘Come rain or shine’
如果我说
If I say that I’ll be
我将去个地方 “come rain or shine”
at a place’come rain or shine’,
这是说无论什么困难我都一定会去那里!
it means that I will definitely be there, no matter what!
举个例子 我的堂兄弟问我
For example, my cousin said to me,
“星期六晚上你会来我的生日派对吗?”
“Are you coming to my birthday party on Saturday night?”
我就告诉他
And I told her
“当然!
“Of course I am!
不要担心 无论发生了什么我都会去!”
Come rain or shine, I’ll be there, don’t worry!”
在这里 下雨代表的是坏天气
So rain represents bad weather and
而阳光代表着晴天 非常好的
shine represents the sun, really good weather,
晴朗的天气 所以这句习语
nice weather. So the idiom
表示无论什么天气
suggests that it doesn’t matter if it’s
无论是下雨还是天晴
raining or if it’s shining with sun, you
你都会去那里!
will be there no matter what the weather!
“To have your head in the clouds”
‘To have your head in the clouds’
如果一个人has their head in the clouds
If someone has their head in the clouds it
意味着他们没有注意到
means that they’re not focused on what’s
周围发生的事 他们没有
happening around them. They’re not paying
注意到在真实的世界正在发生着什么!
attention to what’s going on in the real world!
他们被困在自己的头脑里
They’re stuck inside their own heads,
他们在思考他们自己的观点
they’re thinking about their own ideas,
自己的想法 自己的梦想
their own thoughts, their own dreams,
他们自己的幻想 也许正在做
their own fantasies. Perhaps like
一个白日梦 比如“你知道吗
a daydream. For example,”You know, I’d
我真的很想在今年夏天去一次加拿大!”
really like to visit Canada over summer this year!”
“醒醒吧 别做白日梦了 Emma”
“Get your head out of the clouds, Emma!
我们没钱 去加拿大很贵!”
We can’t afford that, it’s too expensive!”
A:“第三题的答案是啥?”B:“哈?”
“What’s the answer to question three?” “Huh?
B:嗯…我不知道”
Oh, ummmm… I don’t know.”
“别开小差!Emma 集中注意!”
“Get your head out of the clouds Emma, pay attention!”
“Lightning fast”
‘Lightning fast’. Now’lightning fast’ just
意思是真的真的超级快 而且它
means really, really super fast and it
可以被用在形容时间飞逝
can be used with either time that
也可以是说一种物体移动的
moves quickly or the speed of something
速度很快
that physically moves quickly.
比如 “你看到那辆小汽车了吗?它的速度
For example,”Did you see that car? It was
超级快!”
lightning fast!”
“我只是不敢相信你那么早就离开房间!
“I just couldn’t believe how early you left the room!
你考试的速度太快了!那时我甚至还没
You finished the exam lightning fast! I hadn’t even
写完第二页!”
finished the second page!’
下个“To take a raincheck”
‘To take a raincheck’ Now
这句习语的意思是你将要
this idiom means that you would like
从某个人那里接受某个事 但是你
to accept an offer from someone but you
不能立刻去做这件事 所以你想要
can’t do it right now and you want to
在更晚一点的时候接受它 那么举个例子
accept the offer at a later time. So for example,
如果你的朋友对你说“我有
if your friend said to you”I’ve
两张今晚多余的足球比赛
got two spare tickets to the football
门票 你想去看吗?”
match tonight. Do you want to come?”
然后你说“当然 听起来很不错!
And I’d say”Yeah, that sounds awesome!
但是今天是我爷爷的生日
But it’s my grandfather’s birthday tonight.
我不能去 我可以
I can’t, can I take a raincheck
找个其它时间去吗?”
and come some other time?”
最后一个“brighten up your day”你知道
And lastly, to’brighten up your day’. You know how good
你在户外 沐浴在阳光下
it feels when you’re outside in the
很暖和的感觉有多好吗
sunshine and it feels so warm on your skin,
你会感觉有多开心 这就是
you feel so happy? This is where
这句习语的来源 一些事
this idiom comes from. Something that
“照亮了你的一天”让你觉得
‘brightens up your day’ makes you feel
很积极向上 很幸福
really positive and happy.
例如 你在街上偶遇了一个多年未见的
For example, you run into an old friend on the street
老朋友 这件事就将会
who you haven’t seen in years. That would
照亮你的一天!或者是如果你生病了
brighten up your day! Or if you were sick
住在医院 一个好朋友来
in hospital and a good friend came
看望了你 这也会让你一天都很幸福
to visit you, that would’brighten up your day’.
你会说“谢谢你来看望我!
You’d say”Thanks for visiting!
你真的让我的这一天都充满了阳光!”
You really brightened up my day!”
所以你认识这些习语了吗?
So did you recognize any of those idioms?
也许你以前听过这里面的一些习语
Perhaps you’ve heard of a few of them before,
但是我希望你也学习到了
but I hope that you learned a few
一些新的 如果你想要继续
new ones as well. If you want to keep
练习英语习语 那你可以看看
practicing English idioms then check out
这里的播放列表 当然
this playlist up here and of course, if
如果你喜欢这节课请把它分享
you love this lesson please share it
给你的亲戚朋友们!
with your friends and family!
我也开心他们订阅
I would love to meet them as well!
确保他们通过点击这里的这个
Make sure they subscribe to my channel by clicking this
红色按钮订阅节目 当然如果你之后
red button here and of course if you
想要继续观看更多的视频
would like to keep watching more video
课程 看看这个发音的
lessons then check out this one for pronunciation.
这个是用来模仿的
This one for imitation
你可以用来模仿以英语为母语的人讲话
where you can imitate a native English speaker.
这是今天的全部内容
That’s all from me today but I
但我希望在下节课上也能
‘m looking forward to seeing you in the
见到你们 再见啦!
next lesson. Bye for now!

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

一些常用的含有与天气相关的词汇的英语习语

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

清漪

审核员

审核员_AK

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTM7zGxC2qQ

相关推荐