未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

将记忆力增强三倍的技巧

How to triple your memory by using this trick | Ricardo Lieuw On | TEDxHaarlem

Translator: Queenie Lee Reviewer: Tanya Cushman
翻译人员:奎尼·李 审核员:塔尼娅·库什曼
[music]
[音乐]
So, I have a little test for you.
我有一个小测试给你们
Don’t panic.
不要惊慌
I’m not here to judge you.
我不是来评判你们的
It’s just a little test, OK?
这只是一个小测试 好吗?
First, you get 30 seconds
首先 你有30秒的时间
to memorize 10 words in the right order.
按正确的顺序记住10个单词
After that, you get 30 seconds to write down what you remembered.
之后 你有30秒的时间写下你记住的单词
And then finally, you get 30 seconds to check your answers.
最后 你有30秒的时间来检查你的答案
So, are you guys ready?
你们准备好了吗?
Well, we’re going to start anyway.
不管怎样 我们都要开始了
So, memorize 10 words in the right order in 30 seconds,
首先 在30秒内按正确的顺序记住10个单词
in three, two, one, go!
三 二 一 开始!
OK. Stop.
好了 停
Now write down what you remember.
现在把你记住的单词写下来
OK, and stop.
好了 停
Now quickly check your answers.
现在快速核对你的答案
OK, and stop.
好了 停
So.
那么
Very exciting; I heard a lot of grunting and moaning.
很兴奋 我听到很多人在咕哝和抱怨
So I hope I didn’t stress you out too much.
希望我没有给你们带来太大压力
Now a moment of reflection.
现在是反思的时刻
I’d like you to ask yourself,
我想让你们问问自己
“How did I memorize this, and was it the best way to do it?”
“我是怎么记住的 这是最好的方法吗?”
Now, for the generation of my parents and grandparents,
对于我父母和祖父母这两代人来说
being able to memorize something like this was an absolutely essential skill.
记住这样的东西是必备的技能
But nowadays, why would anyone want to remember a list of anything?
但现如今 谁还会想去记一张什么清单呢?
You just take a picture of the screen, and you’re done, right?
只需拍一张屏幕的照片就行了 对吧?
So, with all the technology we have these days,
所以 凭借我们现在拥有的技术
it seemed as if memorizing has somehow become less important.
记忆力似乎变得不那么重要了
So why should we then, in today’s day and age,
那么 在今天这个时代
still want to get better at memorizing?
我们为什么还要提高记忆力呢?
Well, to answer that question, I’d like to tell you a little story.
为了回答这个问题 我想给你们讲一个小故事
In high school, I flunked a grade, twice.
念高中时 我两次不及格
After seven years of torture, I finally got my diploma.
经过七年的折磨 我终于拿到了毕业证书
Sweet, sweet freedom!
甜蜜的自由来了!
What would I do with it?
我拿这个文凭做什么呢?
I didn’t know.
我当时不知道
One thing I did know, however,
然而 有一件事我很清楚
was that I didn’t want to go back to school
那就是我不想再回学校了
because that old learning business,
因为那个古老的学习方式
it wasn’t cut out for me.
不适合我
So instead, I went to sunny California for nine months,
因此 我去了阳光灿烂的加州待了九个月
and there I worked as a bagger, not beggar, bagger.
我在那当一名装袋工 不是乞丐 是装袋工
So in a supermarket, I had to put people’s groceries in bags,
在超市里 我不得不把人们的杂货装进袋子里
and then I’d get a little tip.
然后我会得到一点小费
Surprisingly, that year I learned so much.
出人意料的是 那一年我学到了很多
I learned how to bag a bunch of groceries really, really quickly.
我学会了如何快速地打包一堆杂货
I learned how to drive a car.
我学会了开车
And in California, people are a little bit more open than they are in Amsterdam.
加州人比阿姆斯特丹人更开放些
So I also learned how to have a little chat with a stranger,
所以我也学会了如何和陌生人聊天
just for the hell of it.
只是因为好玩
That year I discovered that I don’t hate learning,
那一年 我发现我并不讨厌学习
just the specific way of doing it.
只是讨厌传统的学习方式
So I decided to go and study psychology.
所以我决定去学习心理学
Now for the first time ever,
现在 我有史以来第一次得到了
I was getting information that I absolutely wanted to know.
我非常想知道的信息
Now I was spending more time in the library
现在我自愿呆在图书馆的时间比
than I spent skipping school as a teenager, voluntarily.
我十几岁时逃学的时间还要多
The only problem was that I was spending all of my time in the library
唯一的问题是我把所有的时间都花在图书馆里
because I’d never learned how to learn.
因为我从来没有学会如何学习
So I started experimenting with different methods of reading texts,
所以我开始尝试不同的
of memorizing texts,
阅读和记忆文本的方法
and I got my reading time of three hours per chapter down to one.
三小时一章的阅读时间被我减到了一小时
This way of studying enabled me to do an honors program,
这种学习方式让我能参加荣誉课
to get my degree,
来获得我的学位
and to fall in love with learning.
并爱上学习
And now I happily work for a company called Remind,
现在我很开心地为一家叫“Remind”的公司工作
in which we teach people the science and art of learning.
在这家公司 我们教人们学习的科学和艺术
We’re trying to bring back into education what we ourselves missed.
我们正试图把我们自己错过的东西带回教育中
Now for the past three years,
在过去的三年里
we’ve also organized the Dutch National Memory Championships
我们还为高中生举办了
for high schoolers.
荷兰全国记忆锦标赛
We do this to show
我们这样做是为了证明
that everybody is capable of amazing feats of memory,
每个人都可以有惊人的记忆力
but also to show that memorization
同时也为了证明
is about a lot more than just learning your French or your Spanish words.
记忆不仅仅是学习法语或西班牙词汇
And today I’d also like to share this with you.
今天 我也想和你们分享这一点
So, in the beginning,
所以一开始
I made you do this little test,
我让你们做了一个小测试
just to make you aware of how you’re memorizing things right now.
只是为了让你们意识到你们现在是如何记忆的
Next, I’d like to give you a new type of memory experience.
接下来 我想给你们一种新的记忆体验
This time you can even sit back and relax.
这次你们甚至可以靠椅坐 放松放松
So I’m going to ask you to find a comfortable position to sit,
所以我想请让你们找一个舒适的姿势坐着
to close your eyes,
闭上眼睛
and to take a deep breath.
深呼吸
Now, I want you to think of someone you know called john,
现在 我想让你们想一个你们认识的叫约翰的人
and I want you to see him.
我想你们去看看他
Now, John just grabbed the sun out of the sky,
现在 约翰抓住了天空中的太阳
and he just threw it on your feet.
然后把它扔到了你的脚上
And now your feet are getting really big and red and swollen
现在你的脚变得又大又红又肿
because John just threw the sun on your feet.
因为约翰刚把太阳扔到了你的脚上
Now you look to your knees,
现在你看着你的膝盖
and on your knees, you see 10 little guys playing basketball,
在你的膝盖上 你看到10个小家伙在打篮球
very strange sight.
非常奇怪的景象
And on their shirts,
在他们的球衣上
you can see in brightly colored letters the “New York Knicks,”
你可以看到色彩鲜艳的“纽约尼克斯队”几个字
so you have some Knicks on your knees.
所以你的膝盖上有一些尼克斯队员
Next,
接下来
you look to where your thighs are,
你看看你的大腿在哪里
but they’re gone.
它们不见了
Your thighs have been replaced with Fords, the cars.
你的大腿已经换成了福特车
They could be Ford Focuses or Ford Mustangs.
可能是福特福克斯款或福特野马款
Your thighs have been replaced with Fords.
你的大腿已经变成福特车了
Now, with your bottom,
现在 你的臀部
you feel a hard plastic seat of a go-kart vibrating.
感觉到卡丁车的硬塑料座椅在振动
With your bottom, you feel the hard plastic seat of a go-kart.
你的臀部感觉到了卡丁车的硬塑料座椅
Your belly starts rumbling very loudly.
这时你的肚子开始咕咕大叫
So you follow your belly, and it leads you to McDonald’s,
所以跟着肚子的呼唤 你来到了麦当劳
and there Ronald McDonald starts shooting rays of light
在那里 麦当劳叔叔开始用射线枪
at you with a ray gun.
向你发射光线
Ronald McDonald is shooting rays of light at you with a ray gun.
麦当劳叔叔正在用射线枪向你发射光线
He hits you on your chest,
他打中你的胸部
and now from your chest, a big bush of gray hairs is growing.
现在从你的胸部开始长出一大片灰色的毛发
A huge bush of gray hair is growing from your chest.
一大片灰色的毛发正从你的胸部长出来
So obviously, you hurry home to shave it off,
所以很明显 你赶紧回家把它剃掉
and on your doormat, you see a letter.
在你的门垫上 你看到一封信
So you open it and it has good news.
于是你打开信 信上有好消息
As you read it, you feel a huge weight falling off your shoulders.
当你读信时 你感到如卸重负
A huge weight falling off your shoulders.
如卸重负
Your shoulders get all light and tingly
你的肩膀感到又轻又舒服
because you just paid all of your bills.
因为你刚刚付清了所有账单
Big bills, little bills,
大账单 小账单
each and every bill has been paid for,
每一笔账单都已经付清了
and you have plenty of money to spare.
而且你还剩下很多钱
Now you proceed to the bathroom,
现在你去洗手间
because now on your neck,
因为现在你的脖子上
a bunch of tiny bushes of thin blonde hairs have appeared.
出现了一束细细的金发
On your neck, a bunch of tiny bushes of thin blonde hair.
在你的脖子上 有一束细细的金发
As you look in the mirror,
当你照镜子时
suddenly your mouth just starts talking all by itself,
突然你的嘴开始自己说话
and it’s saying, “Yes, we can; yes we can;
它在说:“是的 我们可以 是的 我们可以
yes we can.”
是的 我们可以”
Now you turn around, and now suddenly your eyes are, ah,
现在你转过身 突然你的眼睛 啊
because Donald Duck just poked out both of your eyes
因为唐老鸭刚用纯金做的喇叭
with a trumpet made of pure gold.
戳到了你的双眼
Now you can open your eyes again and come back to this place.
现在你可以再次睁开眼睛 回到这个地方来
Luckily, it’s a lot safer here than where you just came from.
幸运的是 这里比你刚来的地方安全多了
So, I just made you guys memorize
我刚让你们按照正确的顺序
the past 10 presidents of the United States of America in the right order.
记住美国过去的十位总统
Now I’m going to show you,
现在我要展示给你们看
and then you can see how many of these you still know.
然后你们看看还记得几位总统
So with each body part, I’m going to ask you what happened there,
所以 我会问你每个身体部位发生了什么
and then you could think of it.
然后你可以想想
Even better would be if you just shout it out.
如果你能立马喊出来 那就更好了
Now, what happened to your feet?
你的脚发生了什么?
John threw the sun, yeah, President Johnson.
John sun(约翰扔太阳) 是的 约翰逊总统
[Laughter]
[笑声]
Now, what happened on your knees?
你的膝盖发生了什么?
Knicks, yes, President Nixon.
尼克斯 是的 尼克松总统
Okay, so what were your thighs replaced with?
那你的大腿换成了什么?
Fords. President Ford.
福特车 福特总统
OK, and what did you feel with your bottom?
你的臀部有什么感觉?
OK, President Carter, yes.
卡丁车 卡特总统
Some people are ahead of the game.
你们中的一些人很擅长这个游戏
Now, your belly led you to McDonald’s;
你的肚子把你带到了麦当劳
what happened?
发生了什么?
OK. Ronald McDonald shooting rays of ……
麦当劳叔叔发射光线
So Ronald Reagan.
所以是罗纳德·里根总统
He hits in your chest, and you got what?
他击中你的胸部 你有什么变化?
Big bush of gray hairs, Bush senior.
Big bush(一大片灰色的毛发) 老布什总统
[Laughter]
[笑声]
Now, your shoulders got light, why?
为什么你的肩膀变轻了?
Paid all your bills, Bill Clinton.
付清所有账单 比尔·克林顿总统
Now, what did you have on your neck?
你脖子上有什么?
OK, a bush of thin blonde hairs.
一束细细的金发
Bush junior.
小布什总统
What was your mouth saying?
你的嘴在说什么?
“Yes we can”, President Obama.
“是的 我们可以” 奥巴马总统
And what happened to your eyes?
你的眼睛怎么了?
Yeah, Donald Duck, trumpet, pure gold.
是的 唐老鸭 喇叭 纯金
Who else but Donald Trump?
除了唐纳德·特朗普总统还有谁?
So, if you memorized more this time than the first time,
如果你这次记住的比第一次多
please stand up.
请站起来
OK. So we have almost everyone standing up;
几乎每个人都站起来了
that’s awesome.
太棒了
Now, if you think this way of memorizing
现在 如果你认为这种记忆方式
is more fun than the last way you used,
比上一种更有趣
please stand up or remain standing if you’re already standing.
请站起来 如果你已经站着 请继续站着
Oh whoa, now we almost have everyone.
哦 哇 几乎所有人都站着
I’m very pleased to see this.
我很高兴看到这一点
OK. You guys can sit back down.
好了 你们可以坐下了
Thank you very much.
非常感谢
Now, when you make bizarre images to memorize,
当你创造奇怪的图像来记忆时
suddenly it becomes a lot easier.
突然间 它变得容易多了
If you tie these bizarre images to a place you know well,
如果你把这些奇怪的图像和你熟悉的地方联系起来
like your body,
比如你的身体
suddenly memorizing things in order becomes a lot easier.
突然间 按顺序记忆东西就变得容易多了
OK. Well, cool.
是的 这很酷
But I asked you guys in the beginning,
但我一开始就问你们
“Why should we, in today’s day and age,
“为什么在今天这个时代
still want to get better at this——at memorizing?”
我们还想更好地记忆呢?”
Well, because by getting better in a skill like this,
因为通过提高这样的技能
you can also get better at a different skill:
你也可以提高另一种技能:
the skill of experimentation.
实验技能
By experimenting with different methods of doing things,
通过试验不同的做事方法
I found out that I can get better at anything.
我发现我可以在任何事情上做得更好
I found out what works for me and what doesn’t.
我发现了什么方法对我有效 什么方法对我无效
What if I’d never learned the skill of experimentation?
如果我从来没有学习过实验技能 会怎么样呢?
I may have never gone back to school;
我可能永远不会回到学校
I may have never enjoyed studying psychology,
我可能永远不会喜欢学习心理学
and I probably would not have been standing here today,
我今天可能也不会站在这里
because one of the things I thought I really couldn’t do
因为以前我认为自己绝对做不到的事之一
was public speaking.
就是公开演讲
Now, there are people of every generation not doing things
现在 每一代都有一些人
that they might love,
不做他们可能喜欢的事情
that they might even be great at
甚至他们可能擅长的事情
because they think they can’t do it.
因为他们认为自己做不到
So how beautiful would it be
所以 如果我们可以在学校里教孩子们
if in schools we can teach kids
他们可以在任何事情上都做得更好 甚至
that they can get better at anything,
能在把事情做得更好这件事上做得更好 明白吗?
and they can even get better at getting better at things, get it?
那会是多么美好啊!
But not just the kids,
但不仅仅是孩子们
because the older generation is often seen as too old to learn.
因为老一代人往往被视为太老而无法学习
But they’re not too rusty.
但是 他们并不是太迟钝而无法学习
Anyone can improve themselves by experimenting,
任何人都可以通过实践来提高自己
and I hope you experienced that today.
我希望你们今天能体验到这一点
Now at Remind,
现在 在“Remind”公司
we break up this process of experimentation into three steps:
我们将这个实验过程分为三个步骤:
the check, the experience and the experiment.
检查 经历和实验
The check is all about becoming aware of what you’re doing right now.
检查就是要意识到你现在在做什么
So maybe during the first test, you became aware of the fact
也许在第一次测试中 你意识到了这样一个事实
that you just repeat the words over and over
你只是一遍又一遍地重复这些单词
and that that doesn’t work too well.
但效果并不太好
The second step:
第二步:
the experience is all about being open to new possibilities
经历就是对新的可能性持开放态度
and trying them out.
并去尝试
So maybe during the visualization,
也许在第二次可视化测试中
you realize that this works a bit better
你意识到这种方式效果更好
or at least you like it more.
或者至少你更喜欢它
And the third step is the experiment.
第三步是实验
This is about taking something from that new experience that you had,
这是从你的新经历中汲取一些东西
and applying it in your own life
并将其应用到你自己的生活中
to see how it works for you.
看看它对你有什么作用
So, maybe you’re one of those people
也许你是这样的人
that when someone introduces themselves to you,
当有人向你介绍自己时
you just immediately forget their name.
你会立刻忘记他们的名字
Yeah, sound familiar?
听起来熟悉么?
And you want to use visualization to do something about that.
于是 你想用可视化方法来解决这个问题
So far I’ve only taken you guys through the first two steps.
到目前为止 我只带你们走了前两个步骤
The final step is up to you.
最后一步取决于你
So when I’m done here, I’d like you to take a moment for yourself,
所以等我讲完了 我希望你们花点时间
and to write down an experiment on the little card we’ve given you
在我们给你的小卡片上写下一个实验
and to put that in your wallet as a reminder.
并把它放在你的钱包里作为提醒
By continually following these steps of experimentation,
通过不断地遵循这些实验步骤
you discover what you’re doing;
第一 发现自己在做什么
you keep yourself open to new possibilities;
第二 对新的可能性保持开放
and you allow yourself to continually transform.
第三 允许自己不断地转变
And regardless of what you’re learning,
无论你在学习什么
be it memorizing or martial arts or mathematics,
无论是记忆 武术还是数学
you’ll get better not only in the skill that you’re trying to develop,
你不仅会在你试图发展的技能上变得更好
but you’ll get better at the process of learning itself.
而且在学习本身这个技能上也会变得更好
And that’s something that sticks.
这是一种持久的技能
It’s something you could take with you
你可以把这种技能带到
to your new job, your new hobby, your new relationship, your new whatever.
你的新工作 新爱好 新关系 新什么都行中
So this is something absolutely everyone should know,
这绝对是每个人都应该掌握的技能
and I believe we should teach it in schools.
我相信我们应该在学校里传授它
But let’s not just wait for it to be implemented in schools.
但是 我们不要只是等待它在学校得到实施
I also believe that the most important change starts with the individual.
因为我相信最重要的变化始于个人
It starts with you.
从你开始
So, go out there and experiment.
所以 走出去 尝试一下吧
Learn something new
学习一些新的东西
or a new way of approaching something old,
或者用一种新方法来处理一些旧东西
because there are a few skills
因为几乎没有什么技能
as valuable as the art of learning.
像学习的艺术一样有价值
Thank you.
谢谢
[Applause]
[掌声]

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

在今天这个时代,为什么我们还要提高记忆力,我们只需截个屏就可以了,看过这个视频后,你也许会对记忆有一个重新的认识

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

黄洪宇

审核员

审核员DKQ

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsC9ZHi79jo

相关推荐