未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

如何欺骗自己去做任何事情

How To Trick Yourself Into Doing Anything

Improvement pill here.
这里是《激励胶囊》
Some of you probably already know
你们可能已经知道
that I used to run a sales office back in a day.
我过去曾在销售部工作
It was a position that I worked my butt off obtaining,
这是我辛苦得到的职位
and I really thought once I got to manage my own office,
我确实以为一但我拥有了办公室
that my workload would decrease,
那我的工作量会减少
that I would be making way more money,
我会赚更多的钱
and that I would be happier.
我会更加开心
But I was dead wrong,
但是我完全错了
because after being handed the office,
因为在接管了办公室之后
I found myself putting in almost a hundred hours of work every single week,
我发现我每周工作的时间近100个小时
a significant increase from the 80 hours I was used to beforehand
比我之前就很多的80个小时
which was already quite a lot.
增加了很多
And it was this intense workload
正是这强大的工作量
that caused me to wake up one day in bed
导致我某天早上醒来的时候
with the decision suggest not show up,
决定今天不去上班
instead I decided to turn off all the notifications on my phone
相反我决定关掉手机中所有的通知消息
and go back to sleep.
然后继续睡觉
I’m not proud of it at all.
我一点不感到骄傲
But that’s essentially how I quit by getting burnt out and giving up.
但本质上那就是我如何因为精疲力竭而放弃的
Over the course of the next couple of weeks I suffered from an intense lack of motivation.
在接下来几周内我极度缺乏动力
And I really came across the idea
我在几个月之前
of building passive income streamings online a couple of months prior,
就有了在网上建立被动收入流的想法
and decided that that was what I wanted.
然后决定了那是我想要的
But for some reason I just couldn’t motivate myself to get out of bed,
但不知道为什么我就是无法激励自己起床
and actually start working on building the business.
然后真正开始投入工作
I went from being a guy who had the work ethic of a machine
我从一个工作机器
to a guy who could barely get himself to shower,
变成了几乎不洗澡的人
let alone put in the hours needed to build an online business.
更不用说花时间去开展一个线上业务
I desperately needed to figure out a way
我极需找到方法
to motivate myself to do things and take action again.
来激励自己再次行动起来
So here’s what I decided to do.
这是我决定去做的事
I decided to stick to a part of my old morning routine.
坚持一些以前的晨间习惯
It was a simple routine.
很简单的日常
Wake up.
起床
Shower.
洗澡
Shave.
刮胡子
Put on my suit.
穿上西装
Grab my bag.
拿起背包
And walk out the front door.
走出家门
The only difference was that instead of heading to my old office,
唯一的区别是我不朝办公室去
I decided to walk to the local Starbucks and worked there instead.
而是走到当地的星巴克并在那工作
And by simply doing this one thing I suddenly found myself motivated to work again.
只做这一件事我突然发现有动力重新工作
Whenever I was all washed up and looking sharp with my suit on,
每当我洗完澡 然后很精神地穿上西装
I was filled with motivation.
我就充满了动力
And I was able to spend a good five to six hours working in that Starbucks.
我能在那家星巴克好好工作五到六个小时
I did this every single day.
我每天都这样做
And by the end of the year I had built a passive income stream
到年底 我建立了被动收入来源
making a little over $1,000 a month.
每月赚一千多美元
What I had accidentally stumbled on here is
我偶然发现欺骗自己的办法
what I like to call the Showtime Trick.
我把它叫做“表演欺骗”
See there are certain things you can do,
有某些特定的事
certain routines or outfits you can put on,
特定的日常习惯或着装
that will essentially trick you into entering a certain state of mind,
实质上会诱使您进入特定的心理状态
almost like an actor putting on a costume before getting ready to perform in front of the camera,
就像演员在镜头面前表演要先穿演出服装
or an athlete doing a special ritual before their game.
或运动员在比赛前进行特殊的仪式
For example LeBron James will throw some chalk dust up in the air before playing ball.
如勒布朗·詹姆斯打球前会在空中撒粉笔粉末
Usain Bolt’s will spend time talking to someone about things he likes
每次比赛前 尤塞恩·博尔特会与人谈论
like cars and music before each race.
他的爱好 如汽车和音乐
Michael Jordan,
迈克尔·乔丹
always wore his old University of North Carolina shorts
比赛时 他总是在他的公牛队制服下
underneath his Bulls uniform during his games.
穿着北卡罗来纳大学的短裤
All of these unique rituals are essentially ways for us
这些独特仪式本质上是
to trick our mind into putting our game faced on.
欺骗大脑进入比赛状态的方式
It’s a way for us to tell our brain and body:
这是我们告诉大脑和身体的方式
hey,it’s Showtime!
嘿 好戏开始了
It’s time for us to act a certain way,
是时候采取某种行动了
and give it your all.
并且全力以赴
Now I know,
现在我知道
some of you are probably thinking:
你们可能在想
well,improvement bill.
激励胶囊
That’s nice and all.
这当然很好
But I don’t have a weird ritual or outfit that I can wear,
但是我没有特殊的仪式或者特定的着装
that will get me to act or feel a certain way
那会让我进入到某种特定的状态
This Showtime Trick of yours doesn’t apply to me.
你的这个“表演欺骗”对我并不适用
Well the thing is none of us are born with these rituals.
问题是我们没有谁天生就有这些仪式
Each and every single one of those athletes we just talked about
我们刚刚谈到的每个运动员
developed their own ritual over time.
都是随着时间慢慢有了自己的仪式
You have to build an association in your mind,
你要在大脑里建立一种联系
almost like how you would build the habit which quick little side note.
就像你如何建立快速记笔记的习惯
If you haven’t already heard
如果你至今没听说过
my happy building program has been a huge success so far,
我的快乐建造项目顺利完成
we’re gonna relaunch the program pretty soon
如果你想加入邮件列表以获取最新消息
if you want to join the mailing list to get updates on that.
我们将很快重新启动该项目
All you have to do is click on the link in the description box below.
你需要做的就是点击下面说明框中的链接
Back to the topic at hand,
回到我要说的
like I said obtaining a rich flow for the Showtime Trick can actually be very simple.
像我说的 “表演欺骗”中仪式的获得实际上很简单
All you need to do is purposely go out of your way to create a new ritual
你要做的是有目的地创建新的仪式
and make sure that you do something special immediately after the first three times.
并确保在前三次之后立即做一些特别的事
Let me give you an example.
举个例子
Back when I first started going on dates I would get extremely nervous.
我第一次约会时非常紧张
So I created a ritual in order to calm my nerves down.
所以我创建了一个仪式来缓解我的紧张
I would meditate
我会进行冥想
and try to be as pleasant as possible during the entire 30 to 45 minute train or bus ride to the date spot.
并尝试在到达约会地点的整个30到45分钟的火车或公共汽车途中尽可能地愉快
And when I finally got to my stop,
当我最终到达目的地站时
I would go out of my way to have 3 short but fun interactions with some strangers around me.
我会尽力与周围的陌生人做3次小而有趣的互动
For example sometimes I would crack a joke with the bus driver,
例如有时候我会和公交车司机开个玩笑
give a high-five to a random person,
和陌生人击掌
or give a compliment to someone walking down the street,
或称赞走在街上的人
something like:hey,nice jacket!
类似 嘿 这夹克衫真好看
This helped me out a lot
这对我很有帮助
because I knew that talking to strangers made me less nervous.
因为我知道与陌生人交谈使我不那么紧张
And also since interactions were almost always positive,
而且由于这些互动几乎都是积极的
I would be in a good mood before the date even started.
在约会真正开始之前我就很开心了
Then after the ritual was over
然后在仪式结束后
I made sure that I was as fun and pleasant as possible during the date itself.
我确保在约会时尽可能地有趣和开心
And after doing this just three times
在这样做三次后
it became a ritual that I would do before every first date.
我在每个初次约会前都会做这个仪式
I started feeling less and less nervous each time,
一次次我开始变得越来越不紧张
because I knew this ritual of mine would trick me into being more fun and pleasant.
因为我知道这种仪式会欺骗我变得更有趣和更愉快
Here’s another example.
另一个例子
I only recently started going to big networking events a couple of years back
几年前我刚参加大型社交活动
and I did feel a bit nervous.
我确实有点紧张
Because I was going to be in a room where almost everyone else was far more successful than I was.
因为我要去一个几乎所有人都比我成功得多的地方
It was intimidating to say the list.
这份名单令人生畏
So I created a little ritual that I still stick to this day.
所以我创建了一个小仪式且至今仍在用
I washed up and I suited up an hour before the event started
在活动开始前一个小时我洗漱并且着装
and then I blasted music in my hotel room while dancing in front of the mirror.
然后我在酒店房间里放音乐 在镜子前跳舞
I did this for about thirty minutes and then I made sure to go down to the event
我跳了约三十分钟 然后决定去参加活动
and talk to as many people as possible.
并与尽可能多的人交谈
I think the first time I went to one of these networking events,
我第一次参加这些社交活动
I must have spoken to at least a hundred different people over the course of the three days I was there.
在那的三天 我至少与一百个人交谈过
After doing this ritual two more times and other networking events,
经过两次以上的仪式和其他社交活动
it’s now become an easy way for me to trick myself into being more talkative and outgoing.
现在这是我欺骗自己变得更健谈和外向的简单方法
If you want to trick yourself into doing things,
如果你想欺骗自己做事
all you have to do is create a ritual.
你要做的就是创建一个仪式
Make sure that you step outside of your comfort zone and try harder than normal your first three times.
确保你走出舒适区并尝试比前三次更努力
And just like that you will be able to answer a Showtime whenever you want.
这样你将可以处理任何展示情况
This episode is sponsored by Harry’s.
这期由Harry’s剃须刀赞助
A large percentage of the rituals I have involve looking sharp
我的大部分礼仪和外貌精神整洁有关
which includes getting a clean shave.
其中包括刮干净的胡须
If you’ve ever felt frustrated having to go out every couple of weeks
如果你因每隔几周不得不外出感到沮丧
just to buy overpriced low-quality blades that only end up irritating your skin,
只为了购买太贵的会损坏皮肤的劣质刀片
then Harry’s is for you.
那Harry’s剃须刀正好适合你
They sent me their starter set which includes a weighted handle with a nice rubber grip,
他们寄的入门套装里有带漂亮橡胶握把的配重手柄
a five blade razor cartridge,
一个五刀片的剃须刀架
foaming shave gel,
泡沫剃须凝胶
and a travel cover to protect your blades when you’re on the move.
和一个保护旅途中刀片的旅行套
What I like most about their blades is the fact that they make their own blades in Germany.
我最喜欢他们的刀片 因为是德国制造
And the fact that refills start at only two dollars.
而首次替换刀片只需要两美元
I really love how easy it is to shave around the hard-to-reach spots on my face
我喜欢它很容易剃掉我脸上难以触及的地方
without ever getting cut.
而不会留下伤口
There’s nothing like getting a close and comfortable shave every time.
它每次都能刮得特别贴近和舒适
Go to www.Harry’s.com/Improvement
请访问www.Harry’s.com/Improvement
to redeem your trial set for just three dollars,
以3美元换取你的试用套装
you’ll get everything you need for a close comfortable shave.
你将获得贴合舒适的剃须体验
And you’ll be supporting my channel as well.
你会一直支持我的频道
Besides that guys,
除此之外
stay tuned.
保持关注

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

本视频将展示如何欺骗自己去做任何事情。即在做某件事情之前创建一个特殊的仪式,以此来给自己的大脑和身体一个开始认真工作的信号,这是一种可以在需要完成工作时用来激励自己的方法。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

小明朝

审核员

审核员CR

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95SZgg4U9fU

相关推荐