ADM-201 dump PMP dumps pdf SSCP exam materials CBAP exam sample questions

怎么消除持续不断的挫败感? – 译学馆
未登陆,请登陆后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

怎么消除持续不断的挫败感?

How to Stop Being Constantly Overwhelmed

在过去的五六个月里
For the past five or six months,
我大多数时间都感到不知所措
I have spent the majority of my time feeling somewhat overwhelmed.
基本上每天都会如此
Pretty much every single day,
醒来时总感觉有很多事情要做
I wake up, and I feel like there’s just too much to do,
待办清单里有太多事
too much on my plate,
却没有足够的时间把这些事都做完
and not enough time to get it all done.
深陷这样的处境只能怪我自己
This is a situation that I really can only blame myself for.
在过去约六年的时间里
For about the past six years,
我是一个个体经营者
I’ve been a self-employed entrepreneur,
这意味着没有老板可以约束我
which means there’s no boss breathing down my neck.
没有人明确地告诉我
There’s nobody specifically telling me
我一定要做什么
that I have to get things done
因为他们想要我去完成
because they want me to do them.
这真是让我应付不过来
It’s really just me taking on more than Ican handle.
我仍然在这种状况中
I’m still kind of in this situation,
但是在过去的几周里
but for the past few weeks,
我开始试图采取一些措施去改善
I’ve been taking some steps to rectify it,
去改变这种状况
to actually fix the situation,
给我的生活找回一些平衡感
bring back some balance into my life.
所以呢 这个视频将
Really, what this video is going to
分享我为自己列的计划
be is me sharing the plan that I’ve outlined for myself,
因为我知道我并不是唯一一个需要处理应对这种状况的人
because I know that I’m not the only person dealing with this.
我收到很多的邮件 很多的推特消息
I get a lot of emails, a lot of tweets,
还有很多Instagram上的私聊信息来自
a lot of DMs on Instagram from people who feel
一些在生活中也同样感到力不从心的人
overwhelmed in their own lives as well.
像我之前说的 几周前 我坐在电脑前
Like I said before, a few weeks ago I sat down,
打开一个印象笔记上的文件
I opened an Evernote document,
然后我开始为了给生活找回平衡感做出一个计划
and I started creating a plan for bringing back some balance into my life,
这个计划的第一步就是去做一些我称之为“重置冲刺”的事情
and the first step to that plan was doing something that I’m going to call a “reset sprint”.
现在有点巧合的是
Now, somewhat coincidentally,
几周前我的朋友马特·D·阿维拉在他的频道中
my friend Matt D’Avella just released a video on his channel
发布了一个关于能量耗尽的视频
a few days ago about burnout.
在那个视频中 他讨论了
In that video, he talked about the reason
许多人能量消耗殆尽的原因
for why so many people end up burning out.
因为他们一直在冲刺
The reason is that they keep sprinting.
若你是个有雄心壮志的人
When you’re an ambitious person,
若你是个创业的企业家
when you’re an entrepreneur trying to build a business,
或者是个努力往前走的学生
or you’re a student trying to get ahead,
或者你有许多待做事宜
or you have a lot on your plate,
或者你只是一个忙之又忙的专业人员
or you’re just a professional who has a lot of things going on,
你经常会为了冲刺任务做出些牺牲
you often take on sprints where you make sacrifices,
你本应该经常去健身房
you don’t get to the gym as often as you should,
或者有一顿很健康的晚餐
or you’re making really quick not-so-healthy meals.
你应该有足够的睡眠
You’re not sleeping as much as you should,
但是为了前行 你只能牺牲这些东西
and you have to make those sacrifices to get ahead.
有时卓越的成果必须以异常艰苦的行动为代价
Sometimes extraordinary action was required for extraordinary results,
但问题是
but the problem is,
一旦你达到了这些成就
once you get those extraordinary results,
就会拥有更多的可能性
there are still more opportunities.
事实上 一旦你变得成功
In fact, once you become successful,
就会有越来越多的机会
there are more and more and more opportunities,
而这会吸引你去抓住它
and it’s very tempting to take those on.
许多人都发现自己身陷其中
The situation that a lot of people find themselves in is,
他们一直追逐这些机会
they keep taking these opportunities,
而永远不会停止冲刺
and the sprints never end,
这会使人能量烧尽 最后导致让人精疲力竭
which leads to burnout and eventually leads to this feeling of being overwhelmed.
而不会精疲力尽的关键在于不要一直冲刺
The key to not burning out is to make sure you’re not always sprinting.
偶尔冲刺
Do sprints sometimes,
并且适当地减速
but then eventually back off from that and actually bring some
找回生活中的平衡
balance back into your life.
这就是 我非常明确要做的事
This is one thing that I’m definitely trying to do,
但我确实意识到如果我想要
but I did realize that if I wanted
找回我生活的平衡
to really bring balance back into my life,
现在我需要去做最后一次冲刺
there was one last sprint that I needed to do right now,
而这是对冲刺的重新定义
and it was a reset sprint.
我需要投入时间去重新组织我的生活
I needed to put some time into reorganizing my life,
因为在过去的几个月
because over the past several months,
我手头上有好几件事在进行
I’ve had so many different projects going
导致我的很多组织系统方式
on that a lot of my organizational systems
都有点衰退
are a kind of decay.
那些我提到的无序状态
A lot of that entropy that I like to talk
都渗入其中
about seeped into them,
所以我计划的第一部分就是重新安排组织事情
so the first part of my plan has been reorganizing things,
做一点点冲刺来重组我的待办事宜体系
doing a little bit of a sprint to reorganize my to-do system,
比如重新整理我的Evernote文档
to reorganize my Evernote.
因为我刚刚搬到了新家
Because I just moved to a new house,
所以这是评估我有什么东西的好时候
it’s also a good time to evaluate what I own,
看看什么是我需要重新整理的 什么要丢弃
see what I need to reorganize physically or get rid of,
捐出去或者送给别人的
or donate, or just otherwise give away.
第一步 如果你经常感到力不从心
Step number one, if you are constantly overwhelmed,
那就拿出一些时间来做其中一种重置冲刺
then carve out some time to do one of these reset sprints.
评价你的所有系统 包括你的文件组织系统
Evaluate all of your systems, your file organization system,
生活环境和工作环境
your physical living space and your workspace,
你的危机管理 所有这些东西
your task manager, all these things,
然后 花时间让它们回到
and take some time to get them back into a
一种符合现状而且真正对你有用的状态
state where they reflect reality and they are actually useful to you.
那么 当重置冲刺结束后
All right, so after the reset sprint is done,
计划第二步是重建你的计划
step two of the plan is to reestablish your routine.
这对我来说非常重要
This was really big for me.
因为我非常疲惫
Because I was so overwhelmed,
因为我经常觉得我必须完成这些事
because I constantly felt like I had to get things done, I had
有那么多事要做
so much on my plate,
我有时让我的计划半途而废
I kind of let my routine fall by the wayside.
我总是每天早上起来就想着
I would wake up each and every morning and think,
“我必须马上去工作
“I have to get to work immediately.
不然 我马上就没有时间了”
Otherwise, I’m going to run out of hours in the day.”
让人讽刺的是
The ironic part is,
正是这种我得时时刻刻工作的想法
this attitude of thinking I need to work all the time
让我变得低效
actually made me less effective.
我知道我没有尽可能
I know I wasn’t using every single one
有效地利用我的每个小时
of my hours as effectively as I possibly could,
所以我的计划总被忽略
so letting my routine go to the wayside was really,
这使我根本得不到任何收获
it didn’t gain me anything at all,
所以我对自己承诺要重做晨间计划
so I have made a commitment to myself to rebuild my morning routines,
重做我的每日计划
rebuild my daily routines,
并且我知道即使我有一大堆事情需要去做
and I know that even if I have a lot to do,
在早上留出一到两小时的空闲时间拿来发展爱好
that one to two-hour window in the morning
有点儿不太现实
when I should be doing my hobbies is kind of off-limits.
现在我想要讨论的事情是
Now, one thing that I want to
如果你想要重做
bring up about doing this is that if you’re going to reestablish
曾经无比复杂的晨间计划
a morning routine that used to be quite complicated,
如果你有一大堆想要培养的兴趣爱好
if you have a lot of hobbies that you were juggling,
但它们因为你应接不暇
and then they all sort of fell
全都半途而废
by the wayside because you got overwhelmed,
一次性就试图培养所有爱好
it’s probably not a good idea to try to pick up all
可能不是个好主意
of them at the same time again.
我最喜欢的书之一 Nick Winter写的The Motivation Hacker里
There is a concept from one of my favorite books,
提出了一个概念
The Motivation Hacker by Nick Winter,
即“成功螺旋”
called success spirals.
他主张当我们在培养兴趣爱好时
He often talks about how when you’re building new habits,
应该从小的习惯开始
you have to start small, and eventually,
最后 证明你可以一直坚持
you prove to yourself that you can remain consistent
少量的习惯
on a small number of habits or
或者是遵守某些小小的承诺
something that’s kind of a small commitment.
一段时间后 你再增加难度
Over time, you add more and more difficulty.
你可以培养更多的习惯
You maybe take on more habits,
或者让你计划里的习惯更加困难
or you add more difficulty to habits that are already in your routine,
这会令你螺旋式上升
and you kind of spiral up,
但至关重要的一点是
but crucially, if, for some reason,
如果你因为某些原因半途而废了
you fall off the horse,
你可能就不能从你掉下去的地方开始了
you’re probably not going to be able to climb back on it at the exact same level you were.
你必须回到螺旋的起点
You have to go back to the beginning
重新开始
of the spiral and start easy again.
一些人能回到他们之前停止的地方
Now, some people may be able to
并从之前的地方重新开始
climb right back up and do exactly what they were doing before,
这是很棒的事
and that’s great,
但是如果你尝试过后做不到
but if you try it and it doesn’t work,
那你就应该从头开始
then go back to basics.
建立一个非常简单的晨间计划或从简单的爱好入手
Establish a really simple morning routine or really simple set of hobbies.
向自己证明这些事你能够继续做下去
Prove to yourself that you can do those going forward,
然后再慢慢地提高难度
and then slowly work your way up from there.
在我看来 这意味着
In my case, that meant,
第一步 再次开启习惯追踪工具
number one, getting on a habit tracker once more,
我个人使用一个叫做Strides的应用
and I’m personally using an app called Strides for this,
第二步 建立你的晨计划
but number two, establishing a morning routine
刚开始的时候会非常简单
that was really simple at first.
仅仅是早起 喝一杯水
It was just waking up early, drinking a glass of water,
照料植物
taking care of my plants,
做些俯卧撑
and doing some pushups.
就这些而已
That was it.
我没有读书
I wasn’t reading.
没有写作
I wasn’t writing.
没有做任何需要计划安排的事
I wasn’t doing instructed practice.
而这些是我想要恢复到我的计划当中的东西
These are things that I want to bring back into my routine,
但我知道当我开始做这些事时
but I knew when I was starting
如果我想要坚持下去 它就必须要简单易行
if I wanted to remain consistent, it had to be simple.
当然 我现在已经做到了这些
Of course, now that I’ve been doing those things
并且坚持了好几个星期
for a few weeks and I’ve actually proved
我己经证明了我能坚持下去
to myself that I can do them consistently,
所以我开始在计划里加入更多东西
I’ve started to add some more things into
现在我早起后
the routine, and so now I’m waking up,
会阅读25分钟
and I’m also reading for 25 minutes.
确保花10分钟时间写作
I’m making sure to write for 10 minutes,
每天都练习弹钢琴
and I’m also practicing piano every single day.
总之第二步——重新建立计划
In summary, step two, reestablish your routines,
我认为尽管你在为你的计划花时间
and I think that even if you’re spending time
也要记住当你实行你的计划的时候
on your routines, remember that when you have these routines,
你也正变得越来越棒
you’re a little bit more grounded.
这会对你的生活更有建设性
There’s more structure in your life,
而且这也会使你在进行普通的工作的时候
and I think you’re going to be able to be more efficient
更加高效
with your normal working hours when you havethat structure.
这就说到我计划的第三步
That brings us to my third step of the plan,
也是对我来说最难的部分
which I think, for me, is actually the hardest one.
确定优先级和学会说“不”
It’s to define your priorities and learn tosay, “No,” more often.
有一件我特别苦恼的事情是
One of the things that I really struggle
当我的事业越来越成功
with is that as my businesses become more successful,
观众越来越多
as the audience has grown,
机会也越来越多的时候
the opportunities have increased as well,
每出现一个机会
and every time there’s an opportunity,
在我的脑海里就会有一个声音说
there’s this little voice in my brain saying,
你应该去把握这个机会 你没理由不去把握它
“You should go for that. There’s no reason not to go for that.
你可能会失去唾手可得的金钱
You’d be leaving money on the table,
或者没法尽可能多地帮助他人
or you’d be not helping as many people as you could
如果你放弃这些机会
if you left that opportunity on the table,”
我也意识到我生活的一个最高优先级
but I also realize that one of my big priorities
是发现的过程
in life is the process of discovery,
学习新的东西 掌握新的技巧
learning new things, of being able to pick up new skills.
举个例子 我每天都练习弹钢琴
For example, like I said, I’m practicing piano every single day.
这其实是我最近才开始做的事
This is something that’s pretty recent in my life.
即使我现在还只是个菜鸟
Even though I’m basically a complete newb at it,
但是对我来说弹钢琴真的很有趣
it is a lot of fun,
我觉得每次我坐下来弹钢琴
and I’ve noticed that every single time I sit down to the piano and practice,
都有进步
there is a breakthrough.
像那天
Like just the other day,
我掌握了如何弹二对三
I figured out how to play a three-two polyrhythm on the piano.
如果你是一个弹钢琴很久的人
If you’re somebody who’s been playing the piano for quite a while,
这对你来说或许非常微不足道 但对我来说
then that probably seems pretty trivial to you, but for me,
就像我尝试的第一个小时一样
it was something that my brain just could not
我的大脑完全无法反应
do for like the first hour while I tried to do it,
而当我掌握了的时候
and when I finally figured it out,
当我真的能够
when I finally realized
一只手做一二 一二
that one hand was doing one-two one-two and the other hand was
另一只手做一二三一二三一二三时
doing one-two-three one-two-three one-two-three at the same time,
我感到非常棒
it was amazing.
我所追求的就是这种发现的感觉
That feeling of discovery is something thatI crave.
但问题是
One of the problems is
随着我事业上出现了越来越多的机会
that with all the opportunities that come up in my business,
在我的脑子里总会有这样一个声音这样告诉我
there’s like this voice in the back of my head that’s kind of telling me,
每次你花时间在
”Any time you spend on things
你不擅长
you’re not already good at,
你不熟悉的事上 像弹钢琴
on things you’re not already established at, like playing the piano,
是浪费时间的
is wasted time,
因为你可以用这个时间去制作另一个视频
because you could be using that time to make another video.
你可以去改进你的网站
You could be using that time to improve your website,
可以去培训员工
to train your employees, all this
或者其他更有意义的事
kind of stuff.
为什么要花时间在这些对你没有任何意义的事情上
Why would you be using it on something that you’re not established in?
你的事业正在急速发展 但你却不好好工作
Your business is a force multiplier, and you’re not using it.
更何况这里还有无数人
Plus, there’s zillion other people
无论你怎么练习 他们都比你弹得更好
out there who are already way better at piano than you’ll ever be.
你为什么要做这些
Why would you do that?”
这种声音很具有诱惑性
This voice is toxic,
我知道如果我一直听这种声音
and I realize that if I continually listen to it,
真的把我所有时间都花在事业上
if I continually put all my time into my business just
仅仅因为它需要急速地扩张
because I feel that the force multiplier is there,
仅仅因为这样会有更多的机会
just because I feel like there’s more opportunity there,
我会精疲力尽的
I’m going to burn out.
我会感到无力为继
I’m going to feel overwhelmed,
因为我对于发现的欲望永不消退
because the desire for discovery is not going to go away.
这仅仅是把它堵住罢了
It’s just going to be kind of stifled,
但它一直在那
but it’s still going to be there, and it’s still
使我压力倍增
going to cause me stress.
计划的第三步是——对事业上许多的机会说“不”
Step three of the plan is to say, “No,” tomore opportunities in my business,
即使它们很赚钱
even if they are lucrative,
即使把它们放在一边让我看上去像傻瓜
even if it seems like I would be a fool to leave them on the table.
我也必须学会说“不”
I have to learn to say no,
因为我有着更优先的事去做
because I need to have priorities,
而其中一件事是发现新事物的满足
and one of those priorities is the joy of discovery,
所以我把我现在应该优先去做的事打印出来
so I’ve actually printed out a list of my current priorities,
贴在了墙上
and I’ve put it on the wall right there,
上面写着“练习钢琴”
and it says, “Practice piano.
在YouTube频道上回顾我的周计划
Get back to a weekly schedule on the YouTube channel.
确保我在做那些真正对我有用的事情
Make sure I’m doing the things that are actually important to me,
并且对那些会阻碍这些事的事说“不”
and say, ‘No,’ to anything that is going to block those.”
希望这个建议在某种程度上对你有用
Hopefully, this is helpful in some way to you,
再做一个快速的总结
and just to summarize really quick here,
第一步 做重置冲刺
step one, do a reset sprint.
使你的系统变得更有秩序 不管是用纸还是移动设备
Get your systems back in order, be they physical or digital.
花时间好好地做这件事
Take some time to really do this correctly.
第二步 重新培养习惯和重建计划
Step two, reestablish your habits and routines.
千万不要屈服于
Don’t give in to the temptation to let
因为觉得工作时间很紧张
those things fall to the wayside because you feel
而使这些习惯半途而废
like you don’t have enough hours to do your work.
要有时间工作也要有时间去做日常计划
Have work hours, and have hours for your routines.
最后第三步 找到你现在的优先事件
Then finally, step three, define your priorities going forward,
并且学会更多的说“不”
and then learn to say, “No,” more often.
虽然很困难但很值得
It’s really difficult, but it’s worth it,
如果我可以提些建议 其中一个首要建议就应当
and if I might make a suggestion, one of those priorities should be,
像我衣服上所说的一样
as my shirt says,
从不停止学习 保持发现新事物的热情
to never stop learning, to maintain that constant joy of discovery.
这对我来说真的很重要
This is something that’s really important to me and
我也尝试着在我生活中
that I’m really trying to make more
更多地注重优先事件
of a priority in my life.
如果你现在无法做到
If you aren’t doing this already,
那就每天或者至少每周学习新的东西
then try to learn something new every single day or at least every week.
你也可以像我一样 学弹钢琴
If you’re like me, maybe start playing the piano,
或者看一本书
or pick up a new book,
也可以在像CuriosityStream这样的平台上看纪录片
or possibly start watching a documentary on a servicelike CuriosityStream.
CuriosityStream是一个广阔且经常更新的平台
CuriosityStream is an extensive and constantly updated collected
拥有大量独家并质量高的纪录片
of exclusive and high-quality
这个平台由John Hendricks创立
documentaries that was actually created by John Hendricks,
他也是记录频道的建立者
who is the founder of the
这个频道也是我小时候
Discovery Channel, which was my absolute favorite
最喜欢的频道
TV channel when I was a kid.
不像普通的电视频道
Now, unlike normal TV channels,
通过CuriosityStream 你能使用你所有的设备
with CuriosityStream you can access those documentaries on all
在任何时刻看纪录片
of your devices whenever you want.
它们可以在浏览器上看
They’re in your web browser.
在iOS和Android手机端上看
They’re on iOS and Android.
在Roku 以及其它平台上观看
They’re on Roku and on many other platformsas well.
一旦你开始探索他们的资源库
Once you start digging into their library,
你会发现不同的纪录片
you’re going to find tons of different documentaries
主题包括科学 高科技
and topics ranging from science, to technology,
自然 以及很多很多其他的领域
to nature and lots, lots more.
如果你需要从哪部纪录片开始看的建议
If you’re looking for a recommendation of where to start,
最近我很喜欢的一部纪录片是Order And Disorder
a documentary that I really enjoyed recently was called Order And Disorder,
尤其是其中关于信息的故事那集
specifically the episode on the story of information,
它追溯了我们如何相互交流的发展的历程
which traces the development of how we communicate with each other.
CuriosityStream的会员仅需每月缴纳2.99美元
Membership on CuriosityStream is really affordable at just $2.99 per month,
如果你现在就登陆curiositystream.com/thomas
and if you go over to curiositystream.com/thomas and sign up,
你可以免费获得30天的试用
you’re going to get 30 days of completely unlimited free access,
现在正是试用这个平台的好时候
so it’s a great way to try out the service.
非常感谢CuriosityStream
A big thanks goes out to CuriosityStream
赞助这一集 并成为我的频道的
for sponsoring this episode and being a big supporter
有力支持者 同样
of my channel, and as always,
也很感谢你们的观看
thank you guys so much for watching.
希望你们能在这个视频里学到有用的东西
Hopefully, you found something useful in this video,
如果学到点什么的话 可以考虑点击一下
and if you did, maybe consider hitting
这里的“喜爱”按钮或者“订阅“按钮
that Like button or getting subscribed right there
这样你们就能看到我每周发布的新视频
to get new videos when they come out every single week.
你们也可以点击这里 来免费获取
You can also click right there to get a copy
我的书“如何得到更高分数”的复件
of my book on how to earn better grades for free.
点击这里 就能看到这个频道更多的视频
Click right here to get one more video on this channel,
或者关注我的ins账号@tomfrankly
or follow me on Instagram @ tomfrankly.
再次感谢大家的观看
Thanks again for watching, guys,
让我们下个视频再会
and I will see you in the next video.

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

如果你不再想要不断追逐无穷无尽的目标,想要找回生活中曾经有的那些简单的快乐,打开这个视频你也许能得到一种方法。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

薇枫

审核员

审核员_XY

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f8pBiCS9HQ

相关推荐