未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

当你发懒时如何调动积极性?

How To Stay Motivated When You’re Feeling Lazy (Animated)

Do you hate to wake up early?
你讨厌早起吗?
Or to go to the gym
讨厌去健身房锻炼吗?
or to work hard in school or at your job?
讨厌努力学习或工作吗?
Do you often postpone the work that you know you should do?
你经常拖延该做的事情吗?
Or maybe you just wish that somebody else would do it for you.
或许你只是期待其他人会替你做
If you answered yes
如果以上问题
to any of those questions
你有一个答案是肯定的
then the world has probably told you that you are lazy
那么这个世界可能告诉你 你很懒
or that you’re a procrastinator who lacks motivation.
或者你是一个缺少激情的拖延症患者
At least, this is what I was personally told.
至少 别人是这样告诉我的
And for a long time I believed them.
曾一度我很相信这些话
I bought into their BS
我买了他们的帐
and I labeled myself as that lazy procrastinator
给自己贴上了懒惰的拖延症患者的标签
who would never achieve any great academic success,
一个永远不会获得伟大的学术成就的人
and I carried this mediocre mindset of getting mediocre grades
我带着拿普通成绩的平凡心态
and putting in mediocre effort all the way up until my college years.
一直投入着不多的努力 直到我进入大学
But one day I was presented with the opportunity to study abroad in Europe.
一天我看到一个可以去欧洲留学的机会
And this got me really excited,
这使我感到非常兴奋
and nothing ever remotely related to school had ever got me excited.
而之前任何与学校有关的事都不能让我兴奋
And I started to imagine myself laying on the beach in Italy
我开始想象我正躺在意大利的沙滩上
or eating churros in Spain
在西班牙吃着西班牙油条
or going to a party in the Czech Republic.
在捷克共和国参加派对
And after weeks of research
经过几周的研究
I decided that I wanted to study abroad in Lisbon, Portugal
我决定去葡萄牙里斯本留学
because it had everything that I had wanted.
因为它有我想要的一切
In my mind going to Lisbon was going to be the thing
在我看来 去里斯本将是一件
that would make all my academic struggles worthwhile.
使我所有的学术努力都有价值的事情
At that time it was the most important thing in my life.
当时 这就成了我一生中最重要的事情
But when I was talking to one of my professors about the exchange program
但是当我和我的一位教授谈论交换项目时
I learned a few interesting things.
我了解到一些有趣的事情
I learned that Portugal was the number one most popular choice
我了解到葡萄牙是所有学生中
among all the students,
最受欢迎的选择
so there was going to be some competition.
所以要去葡萄牙会有竞争
And then I learned that my university chooses where all the students
之后我了解到我的大学挑选学生
go based on how good their grades are.
是基于他们的成绩
And at this time mine were okay at best.
那时我的成绩还不错
And then I learned that
后来我了解到
only four students are selected to go to Portugal,
只有四名学生会被选去葡萄牙
which meant that if I wanted to go to Portugal
那就意味着 如果我想去葡萄牙
my grades needed to be in the top 1% of my entire business program.
我的成绩需要在整个商业课程的前1%
So it was me, the lazy procrastinator,
所以我 一个懒惰的拖延症患者
going against all the other kids
要与所有其他的同学竞争
who had dedicated their entire lives to school.
而他们是把一生都奉献给了学校的人
That was my competition.
这是我所面临的竞争
So the next day I started to study really, really hard,
接下来 我开始非常非常努力地学习
way more than I ever had in my entire life.
比我一生中任何时候都要努力
I can still remember walking through the library
我仍然记得那时在图书馆
and seeing the other kids from my class
我遇到和我同班的一个同学
who I knew wanted to go to Portugal,
他也想去葡萄牙
and we would just make eye contact with each other
我们彼此用眼神交流
and we would just have this intensity in our eyes
我们的眼睛里透着剑拔弩张
because we both knew that we were competing for the same thing.
因为我们都知道我们在为同一件事情竞争
So the stakes were really, really high.
所以彼此的赌注都非常高
As the semester went on my grades got higher and higher
这学期慢慢过去 我的成绩越来越高
and my social life became more and more nonexistent.
而我的社交生活越来越少
But one morning near the end of my semester
将近学期末的一个早上
my mom said something to me that was really interesting.
我的妈妈告诉了我一些有趣的事情
She said, “I have never seen you work this hard in school.
她说 “我从没见你在学业上如此努力”
“Maybe you aren’t a procrastinator after all.”
“也许你本来就不是一个拖延症患者”
And this line really got me thinking
这番话使我陷入沉思
because during that particular semester
因为在那个学期
no teacher, no student or parent would say that I was lazy.
老师 同学 父母没有人说我懒
In fact, they would say that I’m a really hard worker who
相反 他们说我是一个努力工作的人
you know really gets after it.
你知道的 是从决定去葡萄牙之后
But in the previous semester, just five months ago,
但是就在五个月之前的那个学期
those same people would all say that I was a procrastinator
同样的人说我是一个拖延症患者
and that I was lazy, so which is it?
还说我懒 所以到底哪个说法才是真实的呢
I can’t be both, can I?
我不能两个都是 不是吗
The truth is, is that no human being is just one thing.
事实是 人不光只有一面
Nobody here is 100% lazy or 100% not lazy.
没有人绝对地懒 或者绝对地勤勉
I first really understood this idea back in the 10th grade
我回想起我十年级的时候 我明白了
where I would do anything to procrastinate doing my homework
那时我可以做任何事情 就为拖延做作业
because I hated school.
因为我讨厌学校
But I would put everything on hold
但我又可以搁置所有事情
in order to play a computer game called StarCraft II,
为了玩一个叫《星际争霸2》的电脑游戏
which is actually a national sport in South Korea.
它在韩国是一项全国运动
And I would spend hours
我花很多时间
just researching how to get better at StarCraft.
只是为了去探索 怎么在游戏里变得更强
I would practice my skills, practice different strategies,
我不断练习我的技能 尝试不同的策略
and at one point I actually beat
有一次我甚至打败了
one of the top 200 players in North America.
北美前200名的选手之一
I’m not saying this to brag.
我说这个不是为了炫耀
I’m saying this to make a point
我说这个是为了表达我的观点
that when it came to school I was really lazy
在学校的时候我很懒
but when it came to gaming I was the opposite.
玩游戏的时候却相反
So the question, how do I stop being lazy
所以 我怎么才能不懒
isn’t actually a great question to ask yourself.
不是一个好问题
A much better question would be why am I feeling lazy?
一个更好的问法是 我为什么发懒
And the reason why I was feeling lazy
而我发懒的原因
and why probably most of you are feeling lazy
和大部分的你们发懒的原因
is because we were all doing the wrong thing.
是我们都在做错误的事情
Maybe you’re studying the wrong stuff
也许你正在学错误的东西
or you’re working at the wrong job.
或者 你正在做错误的工作
When you feel lazy you should pay attention and take notes
当你发懒时 你应该有意识地关注并记录
because sometimes that is your intuition or your body or spirit
有时那是你的直觉 或者身体 或者精神
or whatever you wanna call it
随便你想叫什么
saying to you, hey, you’re doing the wrong thing.
在告诉你 嘿 你正在做错误的事情
Do something else.
做点其他的
So when you’re feeling lazy
所以当你下次发懒
and you truly want to feel motivated again,
而你又很想获得动力的话
you need to understand these two key things.
你需要了解两个关键的事情
The first one is to make sure you know the why
第一件事是搞明白你为什么
behind what you are doing.
要做你正在做的事情
Because if you have this
在清楚这个之后
you will always be able to do those things that you don’t really want to do,
你就能做那些你不想做的事
but they are stuff that you need to do.
因为它们是你需要做的
For me, it was being motivated to do well in school
对我来说 为了去欧洲
in order to go to Europe.
在学校好好表现我就有了动力
And yes, I did actually end up going to Portugal.
是的 我最终去了葡萄牙
So the lazy procrastinator won.
懒惰的拖延症患者赢了
So there’s hope for all of us.
所以 每一个人都有希望
And two, and this is the best option in my opinion,
第二 在我看来最好的选择是
is to start doing something that you’re actually passionate about,
开始去做一些你真正热爱的事情
because life is short.
因为人生是短暂的
If you have not found
如果你还没有找到
the thing that you really love to do,
你真正喜欢的事情
then you need to start at the very least looking for it,
至少你需要开始寻找了
Otherwise, you will wake up at the age of 80
另外 想象一下你在80岁的时候突然醒悟
and think to yourself,
思考你的一生
man, I spent my whole life doing the wrong thing.
唉 我一生都在做错误的事情
And this image is really scary to me.
对我来说 这个想象是十分可怕的
But Mitch, how do I find something
但是Mitch 我怎么样才能找到
that I’m passionate about?
我真正热爱的事情呢
The number one best way to do this is to try new things.
最好的方式就是去尝试新的事物
Unfortunately, despite what the movies tell you,
不幸的是 不管电影是怎么告诉你的
your passion is not just gonna appear one day.
你所热爱的不会某一天突然出现
It’s not gonna come into your dream
不会做梦的时候被你找到
or just come into your life.
也不会主动走进你的生活
It’s something that you will actually have to go and search for.
你必须行动 去寻找 才能找到
And the best resource that I found to discover your passion
我找到了帮你发现心中所爱的最好资源
is a website called Skillshare.
它是一个叫Skillshare的网站
Skillshare is an online learning community
Skillshare是一个在线的学习社区
that can literally teach you any skill you want.
它可以教你任何你想要的技能
They have over 25,000 classes
里面有25000多课程
in design, business, technology.
包括设计 商业还有科技
They can even teach you how to become a successful YouTuber
他们甚至能教你成为一个成功的Youtube博主
or a successful animator or a writer or a photographer.
一个成功的动画师 作家或者摄影师
And the first 500 people who sign up using my link in the description
用我给的链接注册的前500个人
will gain access to all of this 100% free
将获得我之前所说的资源
for the first two months,
前两个月的免费访问权限
and the last time I talked about Skillshare
而我最后一次谈到Skillshare
I think like 500 people signed up in the first hour.
我想大概已经有500个人在一个小时内注册了
So, if you click it and it’s still there,
所以你点的时候如果还有名额
consider yourself very lucky.
只能说明你非常幸运
Let’s make 2020 the year
让我们把2020年作为一个起点
where we finally start doing the things that we love to do.
开始去做我们真正热爱的事情
Thank you for watching, and I’ll see you soon.
谢谢观看 再见

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

每个人都有提不起精神的时候,那么这个时候我们可以做些什么来重新找到我们的热情呢?

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

Janice

审核员

审核员HJ

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCTPFqU8qQM

相关推荐