未登录,请登录后再发表信息
最新评论 (0)
播放视频

别败在起点上:如何开始一件事

HOW TO START | A Gary Vaynerchuk Original

我们没有理由不开口说话
– There’s no excuse for not talking to the world.
不一定每次开口
It just doesn’t have to be
说的都是你的想法
your thoughts and words every time.
朋友们 成功的关键
My friends, the key to content success
在于你开始记录而不是创造
is you’ve got to start documenting instead of creating.
让我告诉你怎么做
Let me tell you how.
你只需要开始
Just start.
[音乐]
(upbeat music)
大家好 我知道我现在看上去
Hey guys, I know I look like the Emperor
像星际战争里的皇帝
from Star Wars right now,
我正在从伦敦飞往纽约的飞机上
but I’m very high in the air back from London headed to New York City.
我决定录一个视频
I decided to do a video.
你们中有很多人止于无法开始
So many of you are stuck and can’t start,
而我把这个问题拆成是什么 怎么做 在哪里
and I broke it down into the what, how, and where, right?
简称WHW 比如 你要说什么?
WHW, right, like what are you gonna talk about?
为了开始做一件事
But the way all of you need to do this
最简单的方法就是去做
and how you actually start is by doing.
你还什么都没有完成
You haven’t done anything yet.
要知道 这种”假装自己能行直到真正做到”的想法
You know, this whole, “Fake it ’til you make it”
对任何人都毫无价值
brings no value to anybody.
你需要做一件事 那就是宣言
You need to make something, and that thing is a manifesto.
你知道吗
It’s always been obvious to me,
对我来说 我成功的原因和我需要做什么
it’s always been obvious what causes success,
从来都很明确
what I needed to do, you know.
我浏览网络或者电视上的信息
Every time I watch content on the internet or on television,
前几天晚上我看了奥普拉的节目
I watched Oprah the other night,
利兹在看 我在工作
Lizzie was watching, I was working.
奥普拉正采访乔治卢卡斯
She was interviewing George Lucas
他在说着同样的废话
and he was saying the same shit.
我们把它带去了所有工作室
– We took it to all the studios,
每一个人 都不想要它
every single one of ’em, and nobody wanted it.
– 那么你是怎么做的?
– So what did you do?
– 我说“好吧 但我不会现在就放弃的”
– So I said, “Well, I’m not gonna give up now.”
– 你不知所措
– You’re stuck.
你还未开始因为你不知所措
You haven’t started ’cause you’re stuck.
我认为对很多人来说
I think the fear of losing trumps
对失败的恐惧超过成功时的喜悦
the excitement of victory for so many people.
那么问题来了 是什么
So here you go, what?
你要说的是什么
What are you gonna talk about,
你想要因什么而被知晓?
what do you wanna be known for?
看看镜子里的自己 问问自己
Look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself,
“我想做什么来度过余生的每一天?”
“What do I want to do every day for the rest of my life?”
然后去做
Do that.
看 人们需要了解的是
And see, what people need to understand is,
今天我们交流的方式如此不同
the way we communicate today is so different
社交平台也已被重新定义
and the platforms have been redefined.
你想要健康强壮
You wanna be in health and fitness,
你想要富有谋略你想出现在社交媒体上
you wanna be in strategy, you wanna be in social media,
你想要穿运动鞋你想要喝咖啡
you wanna be in sneakers, you wanna be in coffee,
你想要电子产品你想要变得时尚
you wanna be in electronics, you wanna be in fashion?
你洗钱? 那就去洗钱吧
You collect Smurfs? Smurf it up.
谈论洗钱能让你一年赚70,000美元
You can make $70,000 a year talking about the Smurfs.
不管那是不是你的目标或者你正在做的事
Whether that’s your mission or where you’re at right now,
你的真我 你的宣言
your truth, manifesto.
告诉我你正在想什么
Tell me what you’re thinking about it,
比如 如果八年前有人录视频
like, if somebody made a video eight years ago
说我认为时尚应该是雅俗共赏的
that I think fashion should be high-low,
我认为人们的奢侈品
I think people should wear expensive stuff
和廉价品应该在同一个衣柜里
and inexpensive stuff in one wardrobe,
他们仅仅是通过做视频
they would’ve been like, the queen or king of the vision
就能成为时尚界之王
of the fashion industry just by making a video.
– 假设Facebook需要Instagram
– Predicting that Facebook acquires Instagram.
我就会觉得”Facebook将要收购Instagram.”
– I was like, “Facebook’s gonna buy Instagram.”
四个月后 确实如此
Four months later, it happens.
因此我上了皮尔斯摩根的节目
So I was on Piers Morgan.
这家公司才开550天
This company’s 550 days old.
究竟为什么它值数十亿美元?
How the hell is it worth a billion dollars?
我的开场白是
And my opening line is.
它们剽窃的
They stole it.
我想去年这个时候
And then, I guess last year this time, right,
Facebook以180亿美元收购了WhatsApp
Facebook bought WhatsApp for $18 billion
每天在当天新闻出现后的文章
and every article like the next day after the news came out
都是”噢 等等 他们是抄袭Instagram的”
is like, “Oh, wait a minute, they fuckin’ stole Instagram.”
而对于怎么做 只有几种特定的方法
The how is, there’s only certain few ways
在这个世界进行交流
to communicate in the world.
不管是视频形式
Whether this is video form.
一些极端的事 比如坐上火车离开一周
Something extreme, like just get on a train
或者其他一些不同的方法
and go away for a week or something different.
你需要打破常规
You have to break pattern.
或是音频的形式
Whether this is audio form.
比如坐在这儿听我的歌单
Sitting here listening to my music list
我就开始想明白一些事
and I’m starting to find a little clarity.
音频成为一个播客
Audio being a podcast.
– 你在努力奋斗或是自我意识方面
– You’re an outspoken advocate
都倡导直言坦率
for both hustle and self-awareness.
– [Gary] 是的
– [Gary] Yes.
– 但是如果要你给它们排序
– But if you had to put them in order,
即使是1A和1B
even if it’s a 1A and 1B.
– [Gary] 自我意识
– [Gary] Self-awareness.
– 自我意识比努力更重要?
– Self-awareness is more important than hustle?
– [Gary] 远远超过- 真的吗?
– [Gary] It’s not even close. – Really?
– 是的 当你弄明白你到底是怎样的 奋斗起来就更容易
– Yes, when you know who you are, hustle’s sexier.
比如人们愿意听我谈论奋斗
Like, it would’ve been cooler for like, the people listening
因为那样更酷
for me to say hustle ’cause it’s cooler.
该死 你甚至不需要做播客
Right, heck, you don’t even need to do a podcast.
打开手机里的录音机 说出真我
Put the recorder on your phone and just speak your truth.
就像我现在正坐在这里写这篇文章
As I sit here right now writing this article,
或者说起码是在做备忘 因为我的方法是
or at least memoing it ’cause that’s how I do it.
在摄像头面前的自拍风
Get in front of a camera, selfie-style.
你看 我现在不小了
You know, I’m old now, kids,
四十岁了 我看了很多
so at 40, I’ve observed a lot,
我可以告诉你乐观主义
and I could tell you that optimism
和积极性是非常易变的
and positivity is a huge variable.
早上好 Instagram
Good morning, Instagram.
是我 Gary
It’s me, Gary.
这次没有鸡汤 也没有剪辑视频
Instead of a motivational quote or some sort of clip,
我只是想到镜头前
I just wanted to go camera to face,
告诉你们我有多感激你们
just tell you how much I appreciate all of you guys.
你们的关注对我而言非常重要
Your attention means the world to me.
架一个三脚架或者用DRock
Set it up on a tripod or have a DRock,
拍的可以是你的侄子 你的姐妹
if it’s your nephew, your sister.
Nate 给我这个 快一点
Nate, give me this, give me this real quick.
内森 这儿的实习生
Nathan, the intern is here.
你们有些人可能记得他
Some of you guys might remember him.
或者你写下来 但是你们需要做的
Or you write it, but the way all of you need to do this
以及开始做一件事的方法就是去做
and how you actually start is by doing.
我制作了极其多的东西
I create an obnoxious amount of content
这全靠我们做事的策略
because of the strategy of how we do it.
什么也别做 就继续看吧
Don’t do anything, just keep watching.
就继续看我的作品
Keep watching my stuff.
继续被我的正能量感染
Keep being entertained by my energy.
继续被激励 别去做
Keep being inspired, don’t do.
别在7点吃晚饭再配两瓶啤酒
Don’t fuckin’ have dinner at 7:00 and drink two beers.
这么说吧 当你的战略是对的时候 你会赢
Like, when your strategy is right, you win,
我们已经找出了优质内容
and so we have figured out that pillar content
在它的形式下设计大量的内容
creates content underneath it at scale.
大家好 欢迎来到第一期 #问GaryVee
Hey everybody, welcome to the first #AskGaryVee.
我想这是我的第一次
I think it’s the first one,
但是之前我应该也尝试过这样做
but I actually do think I tried to do this once before.
我想我现在已经有一个团队
I feel like I’ve got the team now in place
能经常来做这件事
to actually do this more often.
这需要巨大的耐心
It’s macro patience.
巨大的耐心
Macro patience.
部署的耐心
Deploy patience.
你需要部署任务的耐心
You’ve gotta deploy patience.
你需要爱上整个过程
You’ve gotta love the process.
社交媒体的投资回报是什么?
What’s the ROI of social media?
所以我看着它又思考 “你对于母亲的回报是什么?”
So I look at her and go, “What’s the ROI of your mother?”
这里有许多
There are so many people in here
不做视频的人们
that shouldn’t be producing video
因为那对他们来说不是交流的最好途径
because that is not the best way they communicate.
十年前 如果我在这儿演讲
Only a decade ago, if I was speaking here,
我可能只会讨论写博客
all I would be talking about is blogging,
然而 这间屋子里有许多
yet, there are people in this room
被图片和视频交流吸引的人们
that are caught up by picture and video communication
他们是优秀的作家
and they are tremendous writers
但他们没有意识到要写博客或者发表到媒体上
and they don’t realize that blogging or posting on Medium
甚至是我现在最喜欢的小黑客
or even my favorite little hack right now,
如果你是一个能写的人
if you’re a good writer and you wanna build up a profile
你想为你的生意或者为你自己进行宣传
for your business or for yourself,
我真的强烈推荐你开始写博客
I actually highly recommend you start blogging
而不是活跃于Facebook和Instagram
inside of Facebook and Instagram.
我的意思是写下7 15 25句话
I literally mean writing seven, 15, 25 sentences,
3 4 5段的内容
three, four, five paragraphs of written content
符合你的口味而人们又会真的来阅读吸收
within your feeds that people will absolutely consume.
所以那就是前两点 做什么和怎么做 对吧
So that’s number one and two, the what and how, right,
比如你要怎么做 什么时候 在哪里最后一点 分配任务
like how are you gonna do it, and then where, distribution.
那是你接下来需要想明白的
That’s what you need to figure out next
也是对许多人来说最困难的部分
and it’s the hardest part for a lot of you.
最难的部分是着手开始 许多事情都很困难
The hardest part is to start, and a lot of things are hard.
很难开始 很难想好以什么形式去做
Hard to start, hard to know what format to do it in,
音频 文字 视频 然后是第三点
audio, written, video, and then number three,
怎么让人们看到它呢?
how do you get people to see it?
那就要用到私信
It all goes down in the DM.
关键在于要提供给人们有价值的东西
The key is providing other people more value.
我却没看见有人在这样做
I just don’t see people doing it.
这让我很失望 当然
It blows me away, and it is absolutely,
给我正脸
I want the full,
当然我们要用到Instagram的私信
and it as absolutely going down on Instagram DM.
有影响的人或者你付给它们钱
Influencers or you pay for it.
付钱给Facebook的广告
Either you pay in Facebook ads,
Instagram的广告 经销商的代理
Instagram ads, sponsorship deals.
Youtube根据人们兴趣的置顶内容
YouTube pre-rolls against people of those interests,
时尚 食物 酒 鞋控 科技
fashion, you know, food, wine, sneakers, technology,
或者你联系那些有很多听众的人
or, or you reach out to people that have audiences.
搜索标签 点击他们看他们的资料
Search hashtags, click them, look at the account,
然后看看你能为他们带来什么价值
then see how you can bring them value.
私信他们 友好交谈 带来效益
DM them, go in soft, bring value.
不断地重复2 3 4甚至5000次
Rinse and repeat, two, three, four, 5,000 times,
所以你主要应该做的是 看看上东区
so the thing you Manny should do is go Upper East Side.
这个人看上去不错 好照片
Looking good, this guy, look like a good picture.
你好 G
Hey G.
如今对行动派而言 Instagram上有影响力的人
Instagram influencers right now today for doers
现在可能仅次于Facebook上的广告
is probably only behind Facebook ads,
是市场上唯一最好套利的机会
the single best arbitrage in marketing.
然后你开始尝试 从中再学习
And then you try and then you learn.
当你是个先锋 你就不得不试险
When you’re a pioneer, you have to taste it.
没有报告参考 没有纸质材料
There’s no report. There’s no white paper.
没有现代的混合标准
There’s no modeling mixed metrics
来教你怎么做
that are gonna teach you how that’s gonna work.
当你是第一名探索者的时候
When you’re the first explorer,
你需要先试尝果实
you have to taste the berries,
希望它们是无毒的
and hopefully they’re not poisonous.
我们生活在这个不可思议的时代
We’re living through this incredible era
有着大量的机会 然而人们却只是谈论着 阅读着
of massive opportunity, yet everybody’s talking and reading,
没有人去做
and nobody’s fucking doing.
快他妈开始做吧
Start fucking executing.
所以 那是什么意思?
So, what does that mean?
那意味着你应该每周发表一篇中篇博客
That means you should write a Medium blog post every week.
有内容 或是播客 视频 文字
Content, podcast, video, written,
引述 图片 然后是战略
quotes, pictures, and then tactics.
让我感到害怕的是当你们大部分人
What scares me quite a bit is that most of you,
看到这些图标时
when you see these logos,
你们对自己创造的内容想的很少
you think of a piece of content that you make
想的更多的是那五个平台以及其他种种
and you think of those five channels and more
可以让你发布消息的地方
as places where you distribute it.
推特和脸书是工具
Twitter and Facebook are tools.
它们是马克笔和蜡笔
Twitter and Facebook are markers and crayons.
他们是传真机
They’re a fax machine.
它们不仅仅是传播渠道
These are not just distribution channels.
它们也是你诉说故事的地方
These are channels where you have to natively story tell.
Facebook Twitter Youtube和Instagram
Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram
就相当于ABC NBC和CBS
are ABC, NBC, and CBS,
我在过去十二年中搞明白的
and what I’ve figured out for the last decade
是怎样成就MASH和Andy Griffith秀
is how to make MASH and the Andy Griffith Show
还有ER和Seinfeld
and ER and Seinfeld.
– 我的问题是 我该怎样马上行动并且不再支支吾吾?
– And my question is, how I hustle and stop being a pussy?
比如我想做到像你这样
Like, I wanna be where you are.
– [Gary] 是什么在阻碍你?
– [Gary] What’s blocking you?
– 我不知道
– I don’t know.
– [Gary] 他人的眼光吗?
– [Gary] Other people’s POV?
– 是的
– Yes.
– [Gary] 那正是关键 兄弟
– [Gary] That’s the one, man.
很高兴可以看到经典和潮流相结合
It’s good to see classic and in style.
我猜这不是圣丽塔山
I wouldn’t guess Santa Rita Hills.
好的 我们来验证一下 轻轻的一嗅
Yes, that’s a dig, little sniffy sniff.
请你退一步好好想想
Please, take a step back and think about
这样做有多棒
how awesome it actually is.
你不可避免地开始考虑
It is imperative that not only do you start thinking about
在这些平台上进行你的商业战略
your content strategy on these platforms for your business.
以Facebook为目标
Facebook targeting.
我的意思是
I mean like, I mean that’s it.
比如你可以以你的商业地址为中心
Like, you can literally put your business address,
逐步向外辐射展开
run a radius around it,
或者所有和07081邮编相关的人
or everybody in the 07081 zip code
或者是08802 房里的Asbury Jersey 诸如此类的邮政编码
or the 08802, Asbury Jersey in the house, zip code,
然后在同一个邮区代码的人都会看见
and everybody will see it in that zip code in that feed.
简直小菜一碟
It’s a piece of cake.
所以如果你谈论咖啡就谷歌咖啡一词
So if you talk about coffee, Google the word coffee
或者有关咖啡的博客或者相关公司 媒体
and the word blog or coffee and media company
然后给每个咖啡博客的编辑还有作者
and literally email every editor and writer
都发一封邮件
of every coffee blog on the internet.
你能在网上或是任何地方
The way you’re gonna make money online,
赚到钱的办法 就是紧握机会
and by the way, anywhere, is by grabbing it.
所以如果我是你 我会这样做
So if I were you, I would do this.
我会打开谷歌 输入 啤酒
I would go to Google, I would type in beer.
然后我点击这一个 PubGlasses.com
So I would click this one, PubGlasses.com.
我会点开网页看看有什么内容
I’d go to this site, I’d see what they have.
我会找到这地方的电话号码
I would find the phone number of this place.
找到了
Here’s a phone number.
我会打电话
I pick it up.
你好 我要和谁谈话
Hello, who would I speak to about
才有可能让你们在我的啤酒博客上做广告?
you guys possibly advertising on my beer blog?
– [Dean]我 创始人 Dean
– [Dean] That’s me, the owner, Dean.
然后 在Instagram上搜索咖啡标签
– Then, search the hashtag coffee
找到每个咖啡热衷者
and go to every coffee influencer
咖啡师以及咖啡相关的媒体网址
and coffee barista and coffee media site on Instagram
私信他们 并邀请他们
and DM them and ask them to give awareness
对你写的宣言发表看法
to this manifesto you just wrote,
147分之一的人会回 但总比没有要好
and one out of 147 will, but that’s better than zero.
仅仅是低估了一次浏览
Undervaluing just that one view,
一次有效的浏览
it needs to be the right view,
但就是这个浏览量 对你而言是很大的损失
but it’s one view, is a humongous mistake.
那就是 你如何去做 去做什么
That’s it, that’s how you do it, the what.
我现在坐在这拍这个视频
That I’m willing to sit here right now and make this video,
希望有哪怕一个人
hoping that one fucker, one fucker,
可以说 “该死 真该这么做” 或是说 “就该是这样做的”
says, “Oh shit, yeah,” like, “Fuck it.”
在哪做
The where.
这是个文字的世界
That’s written word.
你浏览Mediums LinkedIn 和WordPress
You look at the Mediums, LinkedIn, the WordPresses.
你可以开通博客 或者在你的Facebook上
You start a blog, right, or you do it on your Facebook
或在Instagram上做这件事都可以
or you do it on your Instagram.
怎么做
The how.
当今网络上 仅有三种核心方式
There’s only really three core ways in the current internet
能让你真正与世界对话
to really communicate to the world.
文字 以及视频 也就是我现在在做的
The written word, or video, what I’m doing right now.
YouTube Facebook视频 Instagram的短视频
YouTube, Facebook video, Instagram, one minute versions.
视频是我们交流的另一种方式
Video is the other way we communicate,
第三种 音频 播客的兴起
and number three, audio, the boom of podcasts.
这些都是很重要的事
These are things that matter.
你想要谈论什么?
What the fuck do you wanna talk about?
你准备怎么进行交流 文字 音频 还是视频
How are you gonna communicate it, written, audio, or video,
以及你如何呈现给大众
and how do you give people to actually see it?
这是告诉你如何私信别人
This is where we showed you how to go into the DM, right,
或者你已经搞清楚怎么支配钱
or you’ve gotta figure out how to use some money
以及使用Facebook广告 把内容推广给你的目标人群
and use Facebook ads and target the people
或是坚持努力
that you’re trying to reach, or grinding hustle,
给不同的博客 媒体网站
just literally emailing 700 to 1,500
发送700到1500封邮件 向他们询问
different blogs or media sites and saying,
“你愿意发布我的内容吗?”
“Do you wanna distribute my content?”
有人有14000封邮件
Somebody has a 14,000 person email newsletter
都是关于咖啡的消息
about coffee news.
找到他 和他说
Find that person and ask them.
你要开口询问 并且要聪明些
You just gotta ask, and be smart.
嚯 嚯 嚯 右勾拳
Jab, jab, jab, right hook.
询问他们你能为他们做些什么
Ask them what you can do for them
因为你想要所有人都能读到
because you want everybody to read this.
发布在Medium上 联系编辑
Post it on Medium and hit up the editors
即Medium上审核内容的人
of Medium who curate content.
把链接发上去 并发到Reddit上
Post a link on it and to Reddit, right?
联系YouTube上的4700个对咖啡有影响力的人
Hit up the 4,700 coffee influencers on YouTube
给他们发消息 询问他们是否愿意
and send them a message and ask them if they wanna read it
在他们的YouTube频道阅读 这就有了147次的浏览量
on their YouTube channel that has 147 views.
147次浏览比没有要好的多
147 views is better than zero.
你要做的 是如何开始
The fuckin’ work, that’s how you start.
(音乐)
(upbeat music)

发表评论

译制信息
视频概述

万事开头难。有多少人还没开始就已经放弃?又有多少人犹犹豫豫错失良机?立刻,马上,点开,告诉你如何开始一件事。

听录译者

收集自网络

翻译译者

白小白

审核员

赖皮

视频来源

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5jiifErFEE

相关推荐